Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

I'll work that around and see what I come up with for a plot.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

CurvyKitten

Quote from: OHWceta on February 26, 2013, 08:22:51 PM
UPDATE!!!
Villain Roles are now open! Players can post villain profiles.

Alright, I've PMed most of you regarding your worlds. (unless I've discussed certain aspects with you about the world earlier)
Now for our villains, we have 2 kinds.
Game-Villains: These would be the bad guys in their games but non-bad guys when interacting outside their game (like Ralph)
True-villains: These MIGHT be bad guys in their game, heck, they MIGHT even be the hero. But these ones team up with the RP villains with the intent on harming the game worlds or game characters.

There are 2 alliances of gaming villains:
Bad-"Anon"ymous - This group is for Villains in games who want to do good for the gaming community when they're outside their games
The League of Shadows - This group is held in secret, its members unknown. The leader has a secret plot to undo the gaming community, he orders his followers to perform various evil deeds, mostly low profile to avoid detection and deletion, but it seems he's plotting something BIG.

If you want the villain to be NPC (this would mean submitting character data so I can add it into my plotline, but you wouldn't be required to play as them) just let me know.

For PC villains, depending on which type of villain they are, I'll include Bad-Anon villains to my Hero Roster and only League of Shadows villains to the villain roster.

I never got a pm, though I suppose mine is just straight forward. I do have another character in the works just having issues with my net so bare with me. Will have her up soon.

OHWceta

I understand.

Yeah, yours was pretty streight forward on the bio. Was there anything else you wanted to add though?
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

ElusiveM00se

Hey...

I'm still fairly new here, so I'm not 100% on the appropriate location for things... but I think you might need to ask a Moderator to move our "Approved Characters" thread from the "Exotic Solo" to "Exotic Small Group"...
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

Yeah, I was pretty close to passing out when I put it up.
I just saw "Light Exotic", missed the solo/small groups part...  :-[

Alright, with all the data I have to work with, it'll likely take me until the weekend to get the official RP thread ready to go. (Friday sometime)
Last-minute input is welcome and if anyone would like to include any last-minute characters.

CurvyKitten

:Character Template:
Name: Mayumi Kurenai
Appearance:

More pictures of Yumi

Relationship Status: Single Open to relationship
Orientation: Straight
Role:Ninja assassin
Affiliation: Hero
World: Blood red Honor (Red Ninja End of honor)
Bio:
:In game bio:
In game Yumi is the daughter of a long line of Ninja's. Her family set to protecting the people of the land and not just the nobility. Generation after generation dedicated to the task set before them. Yumi next in line is selected and trained, the mystic lessons were ones she never thought she'd use. But as her last lessons came upon her one of the emperor. brothers finally acted. Making a deal with what some one call the devil. An evil necromancer promising him the strongest armies and the kingdom. What the man promised in return is still unknown. But he family was called upon, Yumi not sure if she was ready was given the final test anyway. Wounded and heart broken as her Sensei was killed while she was gone. Yumi returned not only passing her test, but gaining the blessing of ancestry. Given an enchanted sword and the mark of her family Yumi set forth to do battle with the evil noble and save the country she was destined to defended.
:Out of the Game:
After countless battles, and no doubt countless lives Yumi comes fro the game wanting a few things. A bath and a good rub down being two of them. Outside her game Yumi likes to enjoy the things their worlds can offer. To explore and find new pleasures to indulge in. Ever the fighting skillful assassin in game. Yumi wants to enjoy her life outside of it. Passionate and open Yumi doesn't shy away those around her. And enjoys her moments of freedom outside the confines of her game. 

OHWceta

I'll add her to the roster, feel free to add your characters to the character thread.

MzHyde

More images of Roxi, for fun.

CherryBomb Interior

CherryBomb Exterior

Shooting Down A Missile

Misc. Post Headers

"Nope."

Major Major

I just thought of something; for those of us who are strapping heat, do our weapons change to fit in with the world we visit, or do they stay as normal?

I just thought I'd ask since James normally wields a Colt Single Action Army revolver, and a Winchester 1894 Repeating Rifle as his weapons, and I was having a concern that his weapons would be useless if he was in a sci-fi game like that Mass Impact game you mentioned.

That's a good point. An old school slugthrower would be like spitting on your enemy in that world.

MzHyde

That would be entertaining, and it means that when you go into someone else's game you kind of have to rely on that person for guidance.

OHWceta

I could go with 2 different ideas here.

1, I kind of liked the idea of characters adopting the weapons of the world they are in,they would have to adjust to using new gear, unfortunately this would require them to change weapons in almost every chapter. (I can imagine my Avatar picking up a heavy cannon and the recoil throwing her across the room)

2, Weapons go by hit points. For example, a sword attack in Dynasty Warriors that would slice a man in half in real life would only take down maybe 10% of their HP. Or like in almost any Star Wars game a lightsaber strike would mean instant mutilation in the movies but for all the duals in the games you still have to hit your enemies a few hundred times with a lightsaber before their health is reduced to zero. So in that sense a Katana and Lightsaber would do equal damage, despite how much more advanced the lightsaber is.

apygoos

psh weapons? i use spirit creatures.

MzHyde

I think that might kind of take away from the uniqueness of each world if every weapon works the same no matter what. Each character should be able to shine on thier home turf, so as the story progressive each person gets thier own little moment.

It's probably reasonable for any unique power that doesn't rely on the laws of physics (spirit creatures, biotics, etc) and thus doesn't have a "system" outside its own world would be less effective in another setting. In the case of weapons, those are generally easy to come by.

Example: Jeanette uses a mass-impact-powered railgun for a sidearm. The mass impact doesn't exist outside her own game, so her guns won't hit as hard there, and her telekinetic powers that also rely on mass impact will have much less force.

MzHyde

It's okay, Roxi will teach her the ways of french kissing.

..wait, what were we talking about? :3

MzHyde

Okay, but let me finish these strawberries first. Is it chilly in here all of a sudden?

I'll be in my bunk, and so will you.

apygoos

Crimson: ..no one wants to camp out? T_T
*forever alone, goes emo on top of a mountain*

Don't worry, Gold will be there soon.

apygoos

id rather it be Crystal ;)
I cant wait to play Re- i mean Crimsonnnn!!!

hippyness

"Poor lonely Crimson, dude. Maybe I should hang with... dude! This line is like one wicked shred!"  -Skates off.-
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

apygoos

I'd love to help the guy, but I will always and forever be stuck on Cynthia and Dawn...