Warhammer 40k: Black Crusade

Started by Life on Mars, September 10, 2014, 09:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Darkling on September 13, 2014, 03:55:28 PM
That said, i would suggest you look up the pyromancy powers from OW, and if your GM is okay with it, use those instead of the ones in BC.... they are actually good, instead of just some silly little thing that a backwards shaman might use to scare cavemen.

Which is actually somewhat interesting. Chaos sees pyro as a inferior art compared to channeling raw warpfire, good for little other than situational use or augmenting other effects. But the Imperium generally considers it the most rawly destructive discipline, the versions of Pyromancy in each book reflect this.

What Pyromancy rules are you looking at? BC has them in the Tome of Fate, and they're hardly parlor tricks...it's a total one-trick combat pony, but potent ranged weapons, and Immolation is just ridiculous if you land it on a BB(G)G.

Pumpkin Seeds

Giving some thought to either a Thousand Sons Sorcerer or an Idolitrex Magos.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 13, 2014, 04:04:20 PM
Giving some thought to either a Thousand Sons Sorcerer or an Idolitrex Magos.

GM said no Advanced Archetypes. A normal Chaos Space Marine Sorcerer or Heretic Psyker would be your only options.

Pumpkin Seeds

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 03:58:54 PM
What Pyromancy rules are you looking at? BC has them in the Tome of Fate, and they're hardly parlor tricks...it's a total one-trick combat pony, but potent ranged weapons, and Immolation is just ridiculous if you land it on a BB(G)G.
The ones in BC are woefully inferior to any other class of psychic power offensively, and are good for nothing other than setting armourless mooks on fire. which dont get me wrong, is worth a giggle and half, but a dedicated pyromancer would lag behind not just other psykers but regular characters with heavy flamers, and possibly regular flamers too depending on talents and exotic ammunition.

For comparison (and this is just one of many examples);
Fire Storm is a Storm-type that requires a -10 focus test, does 1d10+PR Pen 0 and if you score 3+ DoS, you set the target on fire. A Heavy Flamer does 1d10+8 Pen 5, doesnt require a test on your part to shoot and sets anyone who doesnt pass a Agi test on fire and hits everything in a cone.
So, even putting aside the hazards of psychic powers, a heavy flamer is more likely to set a enemy on fire, more likely to hit lots of enemies, more likely to damage armoured foes and has slightly more reliable damage.

And on the psychic side, we have Force Storm, for the telekines, costs 150 less exp than Fire Storm, and does 1d10+(3xPR) Pen 0. So it literally does straight up better damage for less exp. Cant set people on fire, but its generally more effective.

Putting that aside, Pyro also has alot of werid powers, like Molten Man, which no one will ever use, because it destroys all your gear, and Manipulate Flame, which is barely better than a minor power from previous lines. Theres also the fact that, unless something is alreayd on fire you have to maintain one power just to use all the others. I could keep going.

The consensus is, that pyromancy is a weak discipline compared to unaligned and telekinetic powers, and lacks the utility of divination, biomancy and the aligned powers. Its use comes in twofold; the first is indirect fire. pyromancy attacks originate from the source of flame, if theres a burning wreck on the other side of the enemy's cover, guess whos getting mindburned? The second is in action economy, most pyromancy powers are free actions, they do have the Attack type, so you cannot attack more than once with them, but you can do a full action worth of other things, such as maintaining, moving, casting non-attack powers, etc, and still attack.

Combined, these make for some very interesting uses in the hands of a skilled player. But ultimately, the entire disciplined is intended for combination/weird situational use, not a main focus. The book bookends the Pyromancy dicipline with these bits; "Many disdain the manipulation of fire as a crude and limited psychic discipline, beneath the notice of a true practitioner of the sorcerer’s arts. While this may be true, the ability to incinerate one’s enemies with a gesture does generate a respect all its own." and "Of course, there are those sorcerers who count pyromancy as merely one tool amongst many in their arsenal. These individuals are often amongst the most dangerous of foes"

Now, if you wanna play around with that, thats your preference, but in OW the Pyromancy discipline is more.... elegantly straight forward and useful, you have the same three bolt/barrage/storm powers, but they all are direct fire/dont need a source of  flame/have the Flame quality/do abit more damage, and in addition to those, they have a Blast power too, a high pen melta-ray, as well as a self immolation spell that is more or less a straight upgrade of BC's flaming gauntlets, and a fire-shield.

I just figured id point all this out since i adore pyromancy myself and was often disappointed in its effectiveness in the game, ever since OW came out (and DH2 has the same powers) ive switched over to the new rules and never looked back. Abit 'o wisdom of the ancients for your pyromancer  ;)

Life on Mars

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 03:23:52 PM
Quote from: Esseria on September 13, 2014, 03:19:37 PM
Bah! You can fit one o da boyz in ta whatever ting ya want, ya git. Dey'z da best!

But good point. Anyway, enjoy your game, folks!

Ironically, the only one they can't fit in is Black Crusade...the "KAOS AN’ KURRUPSHUN" rule from the Freebooter character class makes them immune to Corruption points, which is a core mechanic of BC. :D

Well, actually, there are rules for bringing Rogue Trader characters into Black Crusade found in the core book for BC. I was able to create a Kroot character for Black Crusade using them (never got the chance to play him unfortunately), so it's entirely possible to set up an Ork character if you take some time and work in a little extra math. I wouldn't be against it with a good backstory (thou Ork's be needin' only ONE backstory: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!) Only sad part would not being able to become a Deamon Prince.

Everyone's back stories are looking pretty and I like where all this discussion is going. To answer Jaded's question earlier the starter adventure IS designed to bring players together if their characters didn't already know each other. A little something to bind them together to a common cause as it were. Don't let stop you guys from tying your back stories together if you want to though!

Also one playstyle that hasn't been taken yet is a knowledge-based one, if anyone was interested. Perhaps a Sorcerer or Psyker focuses on forbidden lores and the such? Would be very useful for performing rituals and crafting demon weapons.

Quote from: Jaded on September 12, 2014, 11:38:18 PM
Draft 1!  Hopefully I didn't make any (many?) mistakes, and hopefully she is somewhat useful as a character.  I am a little annoyed she doesn't feel all that Sister of Battley, but I guess by the Dark Heresy rules she is only missing a couple of things (Performer Singer, Literacy, Trade Copyist, etc).

I also left her history a bit blank, as I don't know how she got from that point to joining the other Chaos people.  I assume that would be a group discussion unless the starting adventure is intended to begin with people who don't know each other.

TheGlyphstone is correct about the unspent xp and the weapon talents. Don't you just love discovering you have more points to work with? I like the
backstory so far.

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 01:12:32 AM
Also, I came up with what I think is a really cool idea, but it'll need approval. I'm starting with the talent Child of the Warp, selecting the persistent effect of 'anyone who sees him forgets something trivial'. I also purchased the Total Recall talent, giving me an eidetic memory. Can I link these two, and have him not simply erase memories, but steal them, remembering inconsequential or minor things he's never experienced (but someone who met him had)?

I like that idea a lot actually. As a general rule stuff that changes flavor and not mechanics I am fine with so this fits the bill pretty well. Maybe you'll get something useful every blue moon (or as a plot starter). Maybe you can rp it a little bit with your character sometimes getting confused about his own past?

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 13, 2014, 01:03:35 PM
I'll be reworking this character. I probably won't get a chance to get the stats up til tomorrow evening, but this is the background

Wowie, that's neat. Nice use of quotes and seems pretty solid.

And dang Darkling you really made some good points there. I remember thinking something along those lines when reading over those rules.

I'll be able to loo over things a bit more in depth later night hopefully. I think I might have gotten food poisoning, or at least something, that keeps coming and going, bleck.

ChaoticSky

Quick! Pray to nurgle for salvation!

Life on Mars

Quote from: Darkling on September 13, 2014, 05:16:12 PM
Quick! Pray to nurgle for salvation!

Wow! It got worse but now I don't mind! Yay Nurgle!

TheGlyphstone

Hrm, let's see...

For mook-murdering:
Spontaneous Combustion costs 0% XP (after including the Manifest Flame prerequisite) and deals roughly 30% more damage at game start than Fire Bolt.
Flame Breath costs 20% more XP, and deals 30% more damage than Fire Barrage.
Sunburst costs 20% less XP and deals 30% more damage than Fire Storm.

All the OW fire-gun powers have higher range and better scaling. The BC powers have the incredibly niche ability of ignoring cover if you can set up the right conditions, which isn't enough to give parity. Verdict: Only War.

For unarmed attacks:
Fiery Form costs 100% more XP, but buffs your armed melee attacks and makes you into an interesting pyromantic suicide bomber - you'll do more damage by running up to enemies and catching them in your AoE pulses.
Flaming Gauntlets explicitly combos with the Unarmed combat talents, but lacks the free AoE damage.
Verdict: Only War.

For boss-killing, we're looking at Molten Beam against Immolate.
Molten Beam deals higher initial damage - average 22 per shot when Unfettered, with Pen 8 and Melta.
Immolate flatly ignores armor, but starts out doing lower damage. It requires 6 sustained rounds at PR4 before Immolate starts outstripping Molten Beam, on the other hand, you can Fetter it and still do full damage. But it's shorter range, and leaves you unable to Dodge or Parry attacks.

Fire Shield has no equivalent, but I want to call it a wash since it requires being hit with an attack, not merely attacked, and humans are squishy.

One With The Flame is a parlor trick power. Molten Man is just weird.

So yeah, OW pyromancy is superior. On the other hand, I wouldn't jump on allowing it for BC characters, because then you give Space Marine sorcerers access to them, and the various weaknesses of OW pyros vanish entirely when you're a power armored juggernaut. A Sorcerer with Fiery Form, Flame Shield, and a big nasty melee weapon is going to be a thing of nightmares.

Well, actually, there are rules for bringing Rogue Trader characters into Black Crusade found in the core book for BC. I was able to create a Kroot character for Black Crusade using them (never got the chance to play him unfortunately), so it's entirely possible to set up an Ork character if you take some time and work in a little extra math. I wouldn't be against it with a good backstory (thou Ork's be needin' only ONE backstory: WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!) Only sad part would not being able to become a Deamon Prince.

There are rules, yes. The problem is that, as I said, Orks are for the most part incompatible with the central concept of Black Crusade's need to keep your Infamy outstripping your Corruption. Orks having a special rule that makes them flat-out immune to Corruption (and everything that comes with it) ruins that, and if you let them take Corruption, you're not playing an Ork anymore. When your character cannot lose (no risk of Spawnhood), but also can't win (impossible to Ascend), what's the point for the player? The point for the character is Fightin' And Lootin', but I wouldn't want to see an Ork as a PC. Orks as Minions makes perfect sense though.

Wow! It got worse but now I don't mind! Yay Nurgle!

Papa Nurgle loves all his children. ;D

I like that idea a lot actually. As a general rule stuff that changes flavor and not mechanics I am fine with so this fits the bill pretty well. Maybe you'll get something useful every blue moon (or as a plot starter). Maybe you can rp it a little bit with your character sometimes getting confused about his own past?

Sure. Or whenever he goes rummaging through his memories, he has to take a little extra time to filter out the false positives.

ChaoticSky

Interesting, I've never actually run the numbers like that, neat. I was just going by stats and feels. I do feel rather vindicated though.  ;D

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Darkling on September 13, 2014, 05:25:25 PM
Interesting, I've never actually run the numbers like that, neat. I was just going by stats and feels. I do feel rather vindicated though.  ;D

I love number crunching, it's a bit of a weakness actually. :D

My closing point stands, though...Only War gets better pyromancy because all your psykers will be human Sanctioned Psykers. When half of your psykers are eight foot tall superhumans in power armor, you have to be a bit more conservative in what they're allowed to get their hands on.

Jaded

I may rework my character as more of a punchy/face if others want Psyker (since I have been bouncing between the two ideas anyway). 

Though now I'm confused about experience.  Are there special rules for the 500xp you get for psychic powers (I didn't track it, but my total was):

Stealth: 200
Willpower: 250
Fellowship: 250

Mind Over Matter: 100
Precognition: 100
Precision Telekinesis: 100
Butcher: 100
Force Bolt: 200
Telekinetic Weapon: 200

700+800=1500?

Did I screw up somewhere?

TheGlyphstone

...nope. I didn't add up your purchases properly, because you didn't list Force Bolt/Mind Over Matter/Telekinetic Weapon in the XP spends. You're all good and up to full capacity.

Life on Mars

Ha ha, I made the same mistake. You're good = )

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 05:19:50 PM
There are rules, yes. The problem is that, as I said, Orks are for the most part incompatible with the central concept of Black Crusade's need to keep your Infamy outstripping your Corruption. Orks having a special rule that makes them flat-out immune to Corruption (and everything that comes with it) ruins that, and if you let them take Corruption, you're not playing an Ork anymore. When your character cannot lose (no risk of Spawnhood), but also can't win (impossible to Ascend), what's the point for the player? The point for the character is Fightin' And Lootin', but I wouldn't want to see an Ork as a PC. Orks as Minions makes perfect sense though.

To each their own. I did have a friend who had ork minions, but he was a heretech that had a obsession with xenos-servitors. Loved that guy.

Jaded

Ah, yeah, sorry.  I tracked it funny (I didn't count the 500, just the 1000 that could be spent anywhere).  Thanks for looking it over though. :-)

Anyway, new thought is a character (either Apostate or Renegade) who is still a face for the infiltration idea, but also is a bit more traditionally combat focused.  I am thinking she will still have her Adepta Sororitas Light Power Armour, as well as maybe a bionic implant (the Skeletal one) if possible. 

The main issue I see is storing her armour when she isn't using it (she'd only want to break it out when she knows combat is coming, as she wouldn't blend in otherwise?  Though I guess with a Chaos Space Marine in the mix, hrm). 

ChaoticSky

Good news everyone!

Appearently someone got lost in the warp, and Our Glorious Leader invited me to join in. Yaay. So ill be putting together a character Soon.

Also, now that ive read over the thread, Jaded, if you want to stick with a whip without buying (shock), may i suggest a Grox Whip from RT? Its really common so you should beable to get a high quality, its damage isnt bad and it has Tearing so you can really rip people up with a braided cord full of blades. Slap mono and a couple upgrades on it, and have fun >:3

ChaoticSky

And on that note, im planning something medical! We dont seem to have a doctor in the house, so that will be a nice role for me. Further more; Nurgle.

Question for the group; How are we balanced in terms of ranged vs melee attack? Would you all favour a psyhic healer with Biomancy, or magos with a flesh fetish? :3

TheGlyphstone

Hairy is making a sniper-oriented Night Lord. Jaded looks to be building for melee. I have Doombolt for ranged combat. So we're 2 to 1 in terms of range vs. melee, though it's really 1.5 to 1.

We're currently lacking:
-someone with Medicae and/or psychic healing.
-Someone with Tech-Use.
-a sage/knowledge monkey (secondary role)

A Heretek Magos Biologis would fit nicely into the first two primary roles.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 13, 2014, 06:41:45 PM
Hairy is making a sniper-oriented Night Lord. Jaded looks to be building for melee. I have Doombolt for ranged combat. So we're 2 to 1 in terms of range vs. melee, though it's really 1.5 to 1.

We're currently lacking:
-someone with Medicae and/or psychic healing.
-Someone with Tech-Use.
-a sage/knowledge monkey (secondary role)

A Heretek Magos Biologis would fit nicely into the first two primary roles.
Fantastic. It shall be done!

...now, was that needle full of sedative, or small pox? I can never remember...

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Darkling on September 13, 2014, 06:54:30 PM
Fantastic. It shall be done!

...now, was that needle full of sedative, or small pox? I can never remember...

Only one way to find out. Hold still...

Jaded

The whip was admittedly mostly for flavour.

I have reworked my character as an Apostate instead of a Psyker, since it seems like Psykers are more popular and my concept worked decently well either way.   I see her using her armour and fist when expecting combat, and no armour and her blade (or unarmed) when trying to blend in.  I could see her having fallen in with a Psyker easily enough, so that angle should hopefully still work. 

I could see her easily going towards Khorne or Slaanesh, so that should be interesting depending on how the game goes.

I don't suppose I could trade her starting armour (Mesh or Flak) for... something?  Maybe a Red-Dot Laser Sight for her laspistol, since I doubt she will hit anything either way.

Character
Castilla Vern
Human Apostate ex-Adepta Sororitas

Wounds: 9+1d5
Corruption: 0
WS:  50 (5)    BS:  22 (2)
S:   40 (4)    T:   40 (4)
AG:  50 (5)    Int: 32 (3)
Per: 21 (2)    WP:  21 (2)
Fel: 55 (5)    Inf: 1d5+23

Pride: Beauty     Disgrace: Deceit     Motivation: Perfection

SKILLS
Linguistics (Low Gothic)

Awareness, Charm, Command, Commerce, Deceive +10
Dodge, Inquiry +10, Stealth

Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy, Imperial Creed)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry, Imperial Creed, Tactica Imperialis)
Forbidden Lore (Daemonology, Heresy, the Inquisition)

Trade (Chymist)

TALENTS
Air of Authority: Command Skill Tests may affect targets fellowship bonus * 10
Hatred (Inquisition): +10 Weapon skill tests to fight, difficult to back down.
Inspire Wrath: Inspire others to hatred
Peer (Ecclesiarchy): +10 fellowship bonus when interacting with.
Polyglot: Untrained skill tests with Linguistics Skill.
Radiant Presence: Everyone within 20 meters gain +10 to willpower to resist fear or intimidation
Total Recall: Automatically remember trivial facts or information
Unarmed Warrior: 1d10, Primitive (7) unarmed attacks.  Always counts as armed.
Unshakeable Will: Reroll any failed willpower test to avoid effects of fear.
Weapon Training (Las, Primary, Power)

TRAITS
The Quick and the Dead
Serpent's Tongue

GEAR
Good-Craftsmanship Laspistol
     30m, S/2/-, 1d10+2 E, 0 Pen, 30 Clip, Half Rld
     Reliable
Power Blade
     1d10+3 E (+ S), 5 Pen
     Power Field
Power Fist
     2d10 E (+ Sx2), 8 Pen
     Power Field, Unwieldy

Light Power Armour
     7 AP, +10 S
     Sub-Systems
          Auto-senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (+10)
                       Immune to photon flash and stun grenades
          Osmotic Gill Life Sustainer: Environmentally sealed
          Sustainable Power Source: Does not need to be recharged
     Customization
          Chain Loinguard: Critical Effect to legs is reduced by 2
          At 2014-09-13 20:39:29, Jaded (uid: 39556) rolls: 1d10 Result: 7

Flak Armour OR Mesh Armour
Chaos Symbol Pendant
Unholy Tomes
2 Laspistol Clips

250 for Unarmed Fighter
250 for Weapon Training (Power)
250 for +Agility
250 for +Weapon Skill

Castilla was born to a noble family on a minor hive world, both only notable for their corruption.  She was still a baby, a scant two years of age, when the patriarch of her family (and unknown to her, her father) snapped.  Over a single bloody night he tortured, killed, and mutilated the bulk of his extended family.  When the sun finally rose, a dozen people lay dead and only Castilla and her mother (also, technically her aunt) Cirine still lived. 

A cultist, Cirine knew full well that unwanted attention would soon fall on her.  She sent Castilla to study with the Adepta Sororitas, hoping to alleviate suspicion, and went into hiding.  Castilla’s next fifteen years were spent in study, of the Imperial Creed, the Emperor’s Glory, and how to properly serve him. 

Always a bit vain, Castilla was fascinated with two things.  Her own beauty, and her ability in combat.  From the age of eighteen to twenty she served in a campaign against a Chaos threat, under the leadership of an Inquisitor.  She revelled in the combat, but was horrified at what she saw happen to others.  Disfigurement, death.  She wanted to face neither but saw no alternative.

It was near the end of the campaign that Castilla was called before the Inquisitor.  A gift had arrived from her mother, a power blade bearing her family’s crest, a blade that had been passed down for generations before being used in the slaughter of her family.  A blade last seen in the possession of a known witch.  Castilla was sentenced, without a trial or chance to protest the charges, to death for heresy. 

The battle was brief but bloody.  Two sisters lay dead, the inquisitor injured.  Castilla was shattered, her place in the world gone.  As she journeyed, she began to study the truth behind it all.  She gathered texts.  She learned of Khorne’s role as god of honour and martial pride, of Slaanesh’s role as the god of perfection, Nurgle’s role as god of rebirth, and Tzeentch’s role as god of knowledge.  She realized that everything she had ever been told was a lie.  She set out in search of perfection, immortality, and a desire to experience more than the narrow world she had been exposed to. 

Armour
No Armour

TheGlyphstone

Hang on to the armor, Jaded. You can use it as barter to gain a +10 bonus on one Acquisition test (p.308).

ChaoticSky

Sheet Ho! Very WIP at the moment.

Nosoi
Name:Nosoi
Race: Human
Archetype: Heretek (+5Int)
Pride: Craftsmanship (+1 Inf. +3Agi/Int. -3WS/BS)
Disgrace: Regret (+5 CP, +10 situational to be Intimidated)
Motivation: Perfection (+5 one, -3 two)
Bio
Appearance
Nosoi is a woman of the Mechanicus, with pale skin and red hair, her slate grey eyes glitter with intelligence. But she has since diverged far from the strictures of the Machine Cult. Instead of the usual red robe, she now wears a dark grey minidress with red trim, with a hooded mantle around her shoulders. As if emulating the common conception of a 'Alluring Dark Magos' from imperial pict-dramas. Though this is partially a exercise in practicality, her dress is open across the upper back, allowing her grafted blades to whip out at a moments notice, and she has no conception of modesty. Beneath her clothing, her body is latticed with tiny thin hair-line scars, in straight lines and symmetric patterns, these faded marks are all that remains of her original mechanical implants, each one replaced with vat grown organs of her own design and her flesh carefully restored. Indeed, she could pass for a normal human... except for her upper back, which looks somewhat like the back of a Hormagaunt grafted onto a human, flat sectioned chitinous plates cover the backs of her shoulders and spine, from the back of her shoulders to the bottom of her ribs. This is what has become of her Cyber Mantle, and like the mantle, serves as a anchoring point for various additional 'enhancements' though at the moment it only supports her living blades and a dozen smaller tendrils tipped with organic medical implements of her own design. The 'flesh' of these parts is pale grey, while the chitin/bones are the same tone as her skin.
Her armour, when shes wears it, consists of a suit of scarlet light carapace armour that is perfectly form-hugging, for greater protective properties of course.
Inspiration/Future

This is what Nosoi will look like when shes gone fully over to nurgle and the like. For now use it as just reference for the style of her blades, outfit, and face. The above text description takes prominence.

History

Personality
Nosoi is a sweet girl, very cooperative and helpful, who genuinely wants nothing more than to advance mankind's understanding of biology and reap the benefits thereof. Unfortunately her well-to-do attitude comes with an almost shocking lack of moral backing, she has little to no concept of what lines not to cross and is relentlessly curious. "Can I?" is almost constant refrain, but 'Should I?' never crosses her mind. This got her into deep trouble when she proudly unveild her creations based on tyranic genes, and forced her flight from the bosom of the Mechanicus. Shes almost willfully ignorant of her status however, and seems to have entirely convinced herself that she would be accepted if she could duplicate her work on a human. As such, she has not embraced Chaos, and would say that she is merely using it to facilitate her own goals. Questioning her logic on the matter is something that could trap a person for hours as she cites obscure dogma.

Beyond that, she has a certain... obliviousness, and the typical techpreist fascination with technology, and in her case, biology as well. She once tried to take samples from a unattenative Obliterator, and shes got three replaced ribs from when it did notice. This sort of happenstance has not deterred her in the slightest however, though she still laments the loss of her samples from that particular encounter.

Characteristics
StatBaseAllocModsGearTotal
WS2518-340
BS251-3-320
Str255-30
T2510+540
Agi252+330
Int2517+3+550(7)
Per2515-40
WP2515-40
Fell2517-334
StatBaseRollModsTotalCurrent
W125+1*1818/18
Inf191+1212/2
*Indicates total Advances, SCs, or Names
Movement:Half: 3, Full: 5, Charge: 9, Run: 18

Corruption: 5

Skills, Talents & Traits

Skills
Common Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus, Tech, Screaming Vortex, pick one)
Scholastic Lore (Chymistry)
Forbidden Lore (Xenos)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Trade (Armourer)
Logic
Medicae
Tech Use +10
Parry

Talents
-Weapon  Training  (Las,  Primary, Shock, Power) [Can Use]
-Mechadendrite  Training  (Utility, Weapon) [Can Use]
-Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus) [Dun like me.]
-Die Hard [Roll twice to avoid death from bloodloss]
-Technical Knock [Clear Jam as Half]
-Meditation [10min+WP test removes 1 fatigue]
-Armour-Monger [+2 AP to armour if you can spend 1h working on it/day]
-Lesser Minion (ServoSkull) [Has]

Traits
-The Quick and The Dead [+2 Init]
-Mechanicus Implants
-Binary Chatter
-Unnatural Int (2)

Gear
Weapon
Power  Axe (Melee. 1d10+7E. Pen6. Power Field, Unbalanced. 8kg)
Right Dendrite Blade (GC. Melee; 1d10+4 R; Pen 3; Flexible, Razor Sharp. +5 WS)
Left Dendrite Blade (GC. Melee; 1d10+4 R; Pen 3; Flexible, Razor Sharp. +5 WS)

Armour
Light Carapace  Armour (GC. AP5/Body,Arms,Legs. +5 Charm)

Cybernetics
2x Dendrite Blade (GC. Enemy takes -20 to hit. If they miss by 3 DoF, they suffer a hit from blade. If 4 DoF, they suffer two hits.)
Medicae Mechadendrite (+10 Medicae. Staunch blood loss as a Half Action. Amputate as +0. Injectors 0/6)
Lumenin Capacitors (Test T to power machine.)
Cerebral Implant (GC. Grants UInt(2), +20 CommLor/Logic)
Embedded Auspex (50m Range. +20 Awareness, Test to spot invisible things. Reroll Per tests while in use.)

Gear/Misc
Ligature Oils
Combi-Tool
Dataslate
Lascarbine (BestCraft)

Minions
Xenoskull

Xeno Servoskull
Characteristics
WS: 1
BS: 6
Str: 1
T: 30
Agi: 30
Int: 2
Per: 30
WP: 1
Fell: 1
Movement: 3/6/9/18

Skills
Talents
Mimic

Traits
Machine (2)
Hoverer (1)

Stats
Offence: Hand Flamer (Pistol. 10m. S/-/- 1d10+4E Pen2. 2Shots/FullRld. Flame, Spray)
Defence: 2 AP/3 TB

Gm Stuff

Wanted List
Medicae +10
Combat sense
TWW(melee)
Legacy-ify Dendrite Blade set?
BestCraft Xeno Chitin Armour (RT:HAq 62) Only if can cover All locations. otherwise Mercronid Armour.
Improve Medical mechadendrite to include abilities of a Narthecium?
Undead Heart
Conversion Field
various upgrades

Chargen Rolls
Infamy: At 2014-09-13 19:58:40, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d5 Result: 1
Wounds: At 2014-09-13 19:57:36, Darkling (uid: 6578) rolls: 1d5 Result: 5

Acquisitions
Free (Good Craft)
-Celebral Implant
-Dendrite Blade
Starting
-Dendrite Blade (Rare -10, GC -10, Single +10 = -10)
-Embedded Auspex (Rare -10, GC -10, Single +10 = -10)

EXP Expenditures
Alignment
Khorne
Nurgle ||
Slaanesh
Tzeentch

Exp
+1000 [Starting]
-Mechadendrite Use (Weapon) [500 u]
-Medicae [200 N]
-SC [250 N]
>50

TheGlyphstone

You'll be crazy to not take a Cranial Implant as one of your free Good cybernetics, since it's Near Unique to acquire after character creation.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 14, 2014, 12:44:57 AM
You'll be crazy to not take a Cranial Implant as one of your free Good cybernetics, since it's Near Unique to acquire after character creation.
Im aware XD. Honestly sometimes i dont take it just because Everyone does.