Pathfinder, Twins (NC/Ex)

Started by Jaded, July 14, 2016, 09:40:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaded

The war was lost.  The armies were routed, the cities plundered, the people enslaved, killed, or worse.  But the Grand Empire, as they attempted to style themselves, didn't last.  There were too many who wanted power, too many who thirsted for blood and violence.  As enemies were defeated, as the invaders were left with no one to battle, they fractured.  A civil war erupted, further devastating the lands that were once the cradle of the human race.

By the time the Queen's Moon rose, nineteen years after the first battle, there was little left but scattered groups of survivors, and roaming bands of those who had once styled themselves conquerors. 

The world I have in my mind is somewhat post-apocalyptic.  The evil races managed to sweep across much of the continent, and while they eventually fractured, they left chaos in their wake.  The main characters would have avoided the worst of it due to a curse or other magical spell, and have recently returned to the world after being petrified for two decades.  In their time however, they would have been fairly well known heroines. 

Unfortunately, while they were petrified by the spell, their equipment was not.  They will begin with literally nothing (clothes, weapons, spell component pouches, spellbooks, etc). 

I am trying to decide how to handle things if someone drops (as I dislike forcing people to take over existing characters) so I will be rather persnickety on deciding who to accept.  It won't be first come first served, though I am not sure how long I will keep things open.

The idea is a game focused on 2 women who are twins (identical or not) in a Pathfinder setting.  I could maybe go triplets, but am strongly leaning towards 2 characters and definitely wouldn't go above 4 (two sets of twins, maybe). 

It would be rather heavy on non-consensual content, probably with a bit of a focus on slavery, and could go extreme.  At a very least a player will need to be comfortable with prolonged slavery plots, non-consensual scenes (potentially involving multiple male NPCs, other PCs, and so on), bondage, humiliation/degradation, tattoos and body modification (magical and otherwise), and some pain.  I would prefer players are comfortable with impregnation and animals, but won't require it.  Please indicate what you are comfortable with of the above. 

I would be hoping for (in general) a fairly quick posting rate. 

Characters will be female. 
Characters will all be human.
I am fine with similar or different classes.
HP will be max at first level, half at every other level.
If you want to use something outside the PRD (such as from the d20pfsrd) please ask first.
All characters may have 2 traits.
25 point buy.
Characters will begin at level 10.
Characters will not begin with any equipment. 
I would prefer characters don't have familiars, animal companions, or similar.  Or at least understand that your character won't begin with one, and it may be killed off if you get a new one.

If you are interested, please post a bit of a character concept (class, personality, maybe a bit of what will eventually have to be a shared background, etc).  Age and specific adventures will have to be hashed out between players later on, so being somewhat general in your concept is probably best. 

rikka

I find the idea of starting out as twins a bit restrictive but it can be done if both players agree and are comfortable with such an arrangement. There is also the matter of player dropouts. Will the replacing character be somehow related to the remaining character?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

HopeFox

I'm really interested in this! A post-war setting where the land has been devastated could be awesome. I like the idea of small groups of survivors and small hostile bands threatening them. That lends itself very well to some excellent non-con scenes. :)

My current thought is a barbarian, someone who lives in the wild and is as tough as nails, who beats up bad guys as she wanders across the land, not quite fitting in with society and not really caring. That would put her in a very good position to withstand all sorts of unpleasant torture and mutilation without becoming physically broken, although she still has feelings. :)

EDIT: Also, I'm very keen on the slavery, rape, bondage, humiliation, body modification, and impregnation angle, including with animals. I really like the idea of a character who can handle all of this punishment physically, even if it takes its toll on her emotionally.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ron Don Volante

Interest tag... I'm also okay with impregnation (not my fav but it's not without its charms) but not with animals. Everything else sounds like a blast.

Also how about a set of twins controlled by one player? Another possibility is an agreement between players of twins that after X amount of days, a player can post for the other twin especially if it's relatively small decision (like a combat roll or a brief conversation something like that).

Edit: So my character is definitely going to be a Sorceress (maybe a Witch if this is allowed) from a more simple backwoods region where she and her sister were head and shoulders above everyone else. I imagine she and her twin left at an early age to strike out on their own fortunes. When she was early in her career (ie low level) she's was determined and focused but not particularly sweet or cruel (Neutral) but oover time she's found herself loving the times when she got to be ruthless and inflicting pain (neutral evil).
My character and plot repository

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat about my or your characters, plots, your work or anything that interests you.

Muse

*pounce* 

Oooh!  Ooh !  Jaded, this is your best idea EVER!  May I? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

rikka

Here goes:

A Bard, who travels across the land, lifting the spirts of the depressed and helpless in dark and grim times with song, and of tales of old and better times; while kind hearted, she does not mind temping her enemies with her charms in order to get them to lower their guard, on occasions to get them to reveal anything of value to be heard.  She is also a seeker of knowledge, daring upon ruins both old and recent in order to mentally stock on them and to orally share it the sake of the next generation.  It is perhaps one of these delves that she fell prey to the effects of petrification.

She and her twin could be part of traveling troupe, or be on their own, that travels the land to entertain and bring hope to the beleaguered peoples.  Her twin could a marshal type that protects her while she is the diplomat and sometimes the sneak of the pair.   

Ons/Offs

Muse

I'd be especialy interested in an Arcane Archer, Dragon Disciple, or Eldritch Knight.  If we're not going to wake up with our spellbooks, a sorceress (or wtich wtih her familair) would probably be best. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Sinestra

Hrmmm. This I do like. Only real catch I have here is, well, length of pregnancy but this is a chaotic magical society. Much can happen, and so long as it's interesting and doesn't bog too much down, why not. Everything else, as you know, I'm fine with.

As for a character concept, I'm thinking something different. Kineticist or Cleric. Kineticist would likely lean more wicked or outright evil if taken to the extreme, a delver of knowledges and darker arts for power. A cleric or other healing type would obviously be a far more good-leaning character, a former healer that wandered the world tending to the sick and wounded. Likely leaning on the "Healslut" concept.
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

Callie Del Noire

Makes me want to try out a Maagambian Arcanist that specializes in metamagic and spell knowledge.

Phaia

Interesting idea here. Rikka though took my idea for a bard.
I was thinking a Bard and paladin sister team would be interesting and  both with high cha would fit!!

Phaia

Foxfyr

Ooo, I am definitely interested.  I would love to play a paladin in this world; it would be a unique opportunity to play one from the perspective where the side of good has already lost.  Before her petrification, she would have been the honorable soldierly sort who isn’t so strict as to not lose sight of the greater good and can see beyond the black and white of things, but would still adhere to a warrior’s code.

The world that awaits her after would surely be a huge test of her ability to adhere to her code.  She would likely find situations where doing the right thing could have significant repercussions that could cause more harm than good.  I see the possibility where her actions delve further and further into morally gray areas.  Perhaps she crosses a line and loses her divinity all together and be forced to adapt to fighting as a normal soldier would.  Who knows, she might be pushed to the point where she may fall altogether and become an antipaladin who will go to any length to fulfill her ambitions and protect her sister.  The possibility for character development is very exciting.

Even better if her sister is a squishier class and she feels even more determined to be her protector.

I am good with all the content you mentioned above, including impregnation and animals.  Slavery and bondage work very well with me and would be very interesting to play with the character I have in mind.  If you have reservations about the strict paladin code, I could just as easily play her as a cleric, inquisitor, or warpriest.

Callie Del Noire

Like I said, I was thinking a Maagambian Arcanist

A few points.. How does a spell book of a 10th level caster spec out? I mean.. TECHINIALLY if I buy into a PRC class I lose my '2' free spells a level as a wizard.. And the class I have, with the Int score I'm going to get will require at LEAST one Spellmastery feat which would give me 7x # Feat.

Then there are a few problems I see with 'no gear at all" I can't get a familiar.. (It's dead) but I also lose a bonded item.. And worse yet healers lose their holy symbols.

DomJoe

I gotta admit, this sounds like an amazing concept, but the uncertainty of commitment from others and the lack of equipment starting off makes things rather dicey. I'm sure I could make a character if I set my mind to it, although finding a twin will be much harder for me.

Jaded

I didn't specifically reply to everyone, it doesn't mean you were ignored, just that I didn't have an immediate reply.

Quote from: rikka on July 15, 2016, 03:24:22 AM
I find the idea of starting out as twins a bit restrictive but it can be done if both players agree and are comfortable with such an arrangement. There is also the matter of player dropouts. Will the replacing character be somehow related to the remaining character?

I hadn't come up with a good solution, which is why it is my intent to be rather picky on characters.

Quote from: Ron Don Volante on July 15, 2016, 05:36:58 AM
Also how about a set of twins controlled by one player? Another possibility is an agreement between players of twins that after X amount of days, a player can post for the other twin especially if it's relatively small decision (like a combat roll or a brief conversation something like that).

Edit: So my character is definitely going to be a Sorceress (maybe a Witch if this is allowed) from a more simple backwoods region where she and her sister were head and shoulders above everyone else. I imagine she and her twin left at an early age to strike out on their own fortunes. When she was early in her career (ie low level) she's was determined and focused but not particularly sweet or cruel (Neutral) but oover time she's found herself loving the times when she got to be ruthless and inflicting pain (neutral evil).

I will be keeping it as one player per character.  I also won't be accepting evil characters.

Quote from: Muse on July 15, 2016, 05:46:56 AM
Oooh!  Ooh !  Jaded, this is your best idea EVER!  May I? 

You can certainly toss up a concept.  I'm not sure how I will decide on which characters to go with though. 

Quote from: Sinestra on July 15, 2016, 07:12:11 AM
As for a character concept, I'm thinking something different. Kineticist or Cleric. Kineticist would likely lean more wicked or outright evil if taken to the extreme, a delver of knowledges and darker arts for power. A cleric or other healing type would obviously be a far more good-leaning character, a former healer that wandered the world tending to the sick and wounded. Likely leaning on the "Healslut" concept.

I wouldn't be accepting an evil character.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 15, 2016, 07:44:00 AM
Makes me want to try out a Maagambian Arcanist that specializes in metamagic and spell knowledge.

Maagambian?

Quote from: Blinkin on July 15, 2016, 02:52:00 PM
I'll put down interest, although I have a pause about starting out with nothing and the likelihood of never having anything that isn't taken away over and over again... that can get frustrating after a while, especially at the high level of the game. But, it's different and that attracts me.

There will be gain/loss, but the intent isn't to completely wipe out the character's equipment repeatedly. 

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on July 15, 2016, 05:36:49 PM
A few points.. How does a spell book of a 10th level caster spec out? I mean.. TECHINIALLY if I buy into a PRC class I lose my '2' free spells a level as a wizard.. And the class I have, with the Int score I'm going to get will require at LEAST one Spellmastery feat which would give me 7x # Feat.

Then there are a few problems I see with 'no gear at all" I can't get a familiar.. (It's dead) but I also lose a bonded item.. And worse yet healers lose their holy symbols.

I'm not sure what you mean by spec out?

Familiars, bonded items, and such would need to be re-summoned/rebuilt.  Holy symbols and spellbooks would need to be located.  And so on.  The intent isn't to completely prevent characters from having their gear, but rather a slow increase back to where they would normally be, probably with occasional partial losses thrown in. 

I am fine with characters having some modifications (I think there is a trait where you don't need a holy symbol?  Eschew Materials, etc) to allow them to function, but at the same time if a character is clearly built to get around the starting conditions I'll probably not go with them. 

Based on what has been posted, do any players see their character working well with any of the other characters?

Callie Del Noire

Sorry let me clarify..

Wizards (and magus and Archaist) get 2 spells a level after 1st..

Problem is.. Arcane Prestige classes DO NOT. SO if I go Arcanaist (Here I stop getting 2 free spells a level. So, I get Int+4, +2 1st, +4 2nd and +2 3rd level spells and that's it with no money to spend.

Sorry, thought it through a bit more and I guess that I could not start with any spells and fill my spell mastery slots as we go.  Too much con chatter today to think it thru

rikka

Phaia and I seem to have potential, if she is okay with it.

Ons/Offs

MiraMirror

I'll throw my hat in here, sure.  I'd offer up a bloodrager for one of the twins.  I figure that before the petrification, she fought hard to prove herself.  Bloodragers have bloodlines that give them special powers, and she would've fought 59th and nail to go against the stigma. While others said she would be a misfit, a murderer, or be corrupted by her blood, she completed deed after deed, eventually gaining renown as a powerful heroine along with her twin.

Also, check me off for everything on the list.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

HopeFox

Well, my barbarian lady sounds like she would work well alongside a bloodrager! They seem to be the arcane and martial sides of the same coin.

And of course I know I can always work well with Muse. But really, I'm happy to try with anyone - I'll put the effort in and we'll make their shared background work.
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Muse

I'm really hoping we can apply as sisters, Fox.  But it would be fun to be tripplets. 

Mira, do you want a draconic bloodline blood rager? 

If so, we could be a barbarian, a blood rager, and a dragon disciple.  :)

Callie Del Noire

You know teamwork feats would go good with this idea

MiraMirror

Quote from: HopeFox on July 16, 2016, 02:46:21 AM
Well, my barbarian lady sounds like she would work well alongside a bloodrager! They seem to be the arcane and martial sides of the same coin.

I'd be glad to join up if we both happen to get in! Yeah, bloodragers don't get rage powers and a few other things, and their rages buff other stats, but they get done neat things, and the bloodline powers are awesome in flavor.

Muse, I'm not sure.  The original idea was going to be Infernal, Abyssal, or Kyton, since those seem to be the ones match the idea for her backstory, but I'll definitely look.  I could see her overcoming prejudice regarding her draconic heritage.
On's and Offs -  Please read before asking for a story <3

Sinestra

Eh, I'll tap out. You guys seem to be already close enough to forming a group. No use me clamouring for attention in the mix. Lol
"I don't mind that most fictional women look like they have F cups at minimum. I do, however, mind that their brains aren't nearly as... 'developed'."

ChaoticSky

Also interested

For the list;
✔ - prolonged slavery plots
✔ - non-consensual scenes (potentially involving multiple male NPCs, other PCs, and so on)
✔ - bondage
✔ - humiliation/degradation
✔ - tattoos
✔ - body modification (magical and otherwise)
✔ - pain
✔ - impregnation
✔ - animals

Classwise I'll either do a Brawler, Mindblade Magus, Tempered Champion Paladin or a Psychic-bloodline Sorc, depending on what the other is playing. Since the two are twins i think it would be more ideal to work out those specifics after the players are picked. If the other wishes to play a caster, ill go full melee, and the opposite if they want to melee. For a gish, i too shall gish, depending on how their classes falls on the balance between melee and casting. That way well have a somewhat rounded group.

My only caveat is that i would strongly preferr to have a partner who is also okay with the entire list. I saw a person who hated the idea of monster sex *and* noncon sign up to a monster rape-themed PF game once. Killed it so fast @_@. If i get picked ill go into each thing on the list in more detail and maybe give Jaded some hooks to play with. :P

rikka

Quote from: ChaoticSky on July 16, 2016, 03:20:57 PM

Since the two are twins i think it would be more ideal to work out those specifics after the players are picked. If the other wishes to play a caster, ill go full melee, and the opposite if they want to melee. For a gish, i too shall gish, depending on how their classes falls on the balance between melee and casting. That way well have a somewhat rounded group.

This.

We should know who are interested in playing and who are willing to pair or group up with whoever.  Since this will probably be a two group game, and if the interest will be high, the  triplets idea should be implemented.

Ons/Offs

Callie Del Noire

I'd like to play.. But I don't know anyone who'''d want to play with a wizard