Live role play (LRP/LARP)

Started by Elvi, May 20, 2006, 08:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

*laughs and rubs hands together*
More converts to the cause.......

Mistiq,
I can't comment upon American live role players, but from the experience I have had here, they are kind, conciderate.
All do their best to make sure that the individual is enjoying themselves and that they are safe and happy about what they are doing.
(Of course the human nature factor applies here as in all walks of life and there's always the odd pain in the backside)

So if tcost can find the information, go give it a try.
At least then you will know if you are suited to it or if it's not for you.....
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

ZK

I've done a few LARP games, but none of them would be concidered "great, adventureous and such" on the good scale. Since they all followed the oWoD. It just got really gruesome, sorrowful and inhuman.

Not to mention, all the time I played, I either played a crazy character or ended up crazy. o.o

From my Malkavian, Tzimiscie and Redcap. It was loads of violent fun. There are more women that play WoD, but I've found, anyone associating with the Camarilla [fanclub not Vampire faction] were bunch of jerkwads here. x.x
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elvi

Playing 'vampire' and a game derived from another game, never really cuts it in my books.

For me it has to be a completely different game world with different values and rules.

And talking about insanity, my character is out of tilt with the world she is in and magic effects her really badly, so what happens?
She ends up being married to the most powerful magic user, in the game world and surrounded by his uber powerful associates.
It's really hard sometimes, having to throw a fit in the middle of a game because your husband is casting magic near you and a ref whispers in your ear that you have reached your limit of control.
(Or in one case, using it on you, so that you collapse to the floor, with him standing over you trying not to laugh and saying 'oops sorry dear, forgot and you were bleeding')

ZK

To each there on. I'm not really a big fan of high fantasy, aside from a few pencil and paper games, other then that. I tend to stick with modern to future and times in between such. Also, as for a note. I've only gotten my feet wet, not drenched like many others, afterall this upcoming June i'm turning 21, the future will tell where my enjoyments mature into. :)
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Elvi

Oh I do an occassional present time game and a futuristic game as well.

kylie

I just skimmed...  For what it's worth, I've been to a few primarily tabletop RPG cons that had maybe one or two LARPs on the side.  Some seemed to run the better part of a day or two, and some ran only three or four hours.  So depending where you are and how long you want to go at it, a very wide range of stuff is at least conceivable. 

Most of the LARPs I've seen have not had much in the way of props, so that isn't strictly necessary either.  I see it more as an arrangement that emphasizes persuasion and makes you decide very quickly who to talk to, how, and when...

tcost

To meander way back toward a related subject I brought up a long time ago, what do you all think of the possibility of an intentionally adult LARP?  There have been many times when ordinary LARPs have lapsed into adult activity, usually with just one couple but sometimes with larger groups. 
I prefer justice to irony.

kylie

I think it might be fun to do something halfway between a rl LARP and an Elliquiy thread, off in chat somewhere.  Of course, finding shared genre interests, compatible online environments for chat, and scheduling would be the kickers.

I also think a rl erotic LARP could be interesting.  Perhaps people could choose or set up characters in ways that make it more likely they'll enter the sorts of situations that fit their desires.  Whether or not it would have to have any more "real" sex than the typical LARP has "real" combat...  Well, that would depend a lot on the people involved.  Hee.