News:

Main Menu

E3 2015

Started by Sasquatch421, June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikem

Quote from: Lustful Bride on June 16, 2015, 09:11:24 AM
No, it follows some kind of Expeditionary force exploring the Andromeda Galaxy. A brand new frontier so none of them will know about the reapers.

I'm guessing the Citadel Races after the galactic war advanced their knowledge of the Mass Relays and started building their own, culminating with an experimental Relay that transports them across dark space. I mean how the hell else could they be going to a whole 'nother freakin Galaxy. Even with Mass Relays that shit is far. Still, it's going to be a Next Gen Mass Effect game, so I'm definitely going to play it.

Now I'm off to actually watch the trailer.

Welp, say hello to Shepard 2.0. I know he's not Shepard but it's another N7 so, basically.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on June 15, 2015, 10:01:13 PM

FF7 is getting a remake for the PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kznek1uNVsg

*Starts flipping things in the background.* ;o

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Inkidu

Quote from: Far eyes on June 16, 2015, 09:56:42 AM
I am willing to ignore the crap out of ME3 and just move on. Maybe this time we can play other races to, that would be fun.
I'd love to play other races, honestly that's the biggest pull for ME4 as far as I'm concerned.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Drake Valentine

Bleh, I am not pleased with Atlus, they basically didn't reveal anything new about P5 and released the same trailer, but this time with 'Eng Subs,' to their game, like there wasn't already a translated Eng trailer out. >_<

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)

Revelation

I wouldn't anticipate any big news about P5 until about 2-3 months from its release. They're keeping us in the dark about it.

Drake Valentine

I would be surprise if it even comes out this year.

Far eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ84glIAfWc

In short still no real reason to own a console.. 
What a man says: "Through roleplaying, I want to explore the reality of the female experience and gain a better understanding of what it means to be a woman."

What he means: "I like lesbians".
A/A
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=180557.0

Mathim

Quote from: Inkidu on June 16, 2015, 08:13:17 PM
I'd love to play other races, honestly that's the biggest pull for ME4 as far as I'm concerned.

I'd love this for Fallout 4. Being able to play as a ghoul or super mutant, you'd be able to explore irradiated places without consequences, but then you'd have trouble being trusted by almost every human in the game.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CaptainNexus616

Giving you more reason to invest in the Speech Skill or carry more ammo to town  ;D

I wish you could use a dang car just so I could go all Mad Max 2 on the wasteland lol. But power armor with a jetpack and your own vertabird will suffice.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ FLIP THIS TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ ヽ(°□°ヽ) FLIP THAT TABLE.
┻━┻ ︵ \(`Д´)/ ︵ ┻━┻ FLIP ALL THE TABLES
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 08:34:57 AM
Giving you more reason to invest in the Speech Skill or carry more ammo to town  ;D

I wish you could use a dang car just so I could go all Mad Max 2 on the wasteland lol. But power armor with a jetpack and your own vertabird will suffice.

That too, vehicular travel would DEFINITELY be a major improvement that would benefit the series (although that would probably downgrade the challenge and difficulty, so it would be a double-edged sword) so maybe in slightly more limited circumstances. Like, something where you'd still be uncovered and vulnerable to attack.

I just hope they still have something comparable to a Shishkebab. That was my favorite weapon and I love going melee weapon style so I don't waste ammo.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

CuriousEyes

Some cryptic-ish interviews that also struggle a bit behind language barriers (article is an English synopsis of an interview done in Japanese - apparently a few words could have similar but slightly different meanings) regarding FF7.

http://kotaku.com/the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-wont-be-exactly-the-same-1711909183

Basically there will be some changes, the game will not just be a shot-for-shot remake in HD of FF7. Exactly what those changes are isn't clear - it seemed to me that the person being interviewed was struggling with it themselves, acknowledging that certain things (like the combat mechanics) are dated by today's standards but are pretty core to the FF7 experience.

Quote“'The original version is a game that came out in 1997, and if you look at it today, you can feel how dated the graphics and the game system are,' Nomura told Famitsu. 'However, that’s also part of Final Fantasy VII.' Nomura added that even today, the game continues to get support and that is unlikely to change."

Did specifically mention "plot" apparently, so I'm thinking they might do some tweaks to clean up the narrative of the game - whether that means cutting out some content, re-translating scenes, or (hopefully) ADDING scenes to bridge some of the narrative gaps, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Drake Valentine

Well, FF7 at its time was an INCOMPLETE game when it was released.

I read various places with information regarding things such as deleted material to rush the project, one being the obvious ability to resurrect Aeris(Aerith) others being a Golem summon, some exp bonus weapons for Mains, certain material like underwater breathing and some other one, and a few other things.

I remember reading somewhere that they wanted to include multiple endings, but now can't find that source, that could of been a rumor. *Shrug*

The good news, maybe it will be a complete version of what it should of been. If not, it will be enhanced graphics and at the very most, being done by the original makers and not some hash team to reboot the game like a certain franchise that learned their lesson as far as reboots go. *cough* DMC *cough.*

CuriousEyes

True story - Aeris is by far one of my least favorite characters in a game. I don't know why, I just never really cared for her and was actually quite pleased when she exited stage right.

Mathim

Quote from: CuriousEyes on June 17, 2015, 11:13:29 AM
True story - Aeris is by far one of my least favorite characters in a game. I don't know why, I just never really cared for her and was actually quite pleased when she exited stage right.

Me too. I mean, it had nothing to do with the fact that Tifa was like 10 million times hotter. But I would have liked to have the option of making an Aeris clone if nothing else, simply so that when you had 3 parties at the end to battle Sephiroth, one of them wouldn't be stuck with just 2 party members since you'd have gone from 9 to 8 after losing her. I mean, they way I see it, they could do some Ancient trick with the seashell city and make a duplicate of her with all the previous skills/limits and such, but her mentality is something akin to that of Mako-poisoned Cloud, so she either doesn't talk or simply babbles nonsense so it isn't like her being there affects the story even though she'd still be around for battles. I mean, that one Limit Break of hers that turns everybody invincible sure would have come in handy during the optional super Weapons boss battles, wouldn't it?

Here's one or two things I'd like to see them add in if they're going big with this project:
-Make Lucrecia's Cave a dungeon that has to be explored to find her instead of just being a free giveaway for Vincent's ultimate weapon and L4 Limit Break
-Make an underwater traveling chocobo AND a flying chocobo, and make small dungeons only they can access and create two new materia caves for them to find so there are two more super-rare materia to find like Quadra Magic, Mime and Knights of the Round
-Give every party member at least one 3x AP weapon

I have tons more but these are my top wish list.

SinXAzgard21

Sad we won't see FFVII till like 2030 though.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

CaptainNexus616

I am putting my money on it taking four years at max. We are still fresh into the PS4 era now. It may be 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary. They already have the story and tweaking the concept art for the modern time that's a good portion there.

Still there is one major factor about this game I am holding my breath on. Cloud. There are essentially two versions of Cloud's character

Originally in FFVII, Cloud was closer to Zack's personality but after the game well...he basically went emo. Every other thing I have seen him in since has been that way. Advent Children, Dissadia, and even Kingdom Hearts. As long as they get Cloud right I will be happy.
▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ Sorry, I just dropped my bag of Doritos in my signature again. ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄ ▲ ► ▼ ◄┐( °ー ° )┌

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 12:51:54 PM
I am putting my money on it taking four years at max. We are still fresh into the PS4 era now. It may be 2017 to celebrate the 20th anniversary. They already have the story and tweaking the concept art for the modern time that's a good portion there.

Still there is one major factor about this game I am holding my breath on. Cloud. There are essentially two versions of Cloud's character

Originally in FFVII, Cloud was closer to Zack's personality but after the game well...he basically went emo. Every other thing I have seen him in since has been that way. Advent Children, Dissadia, and even Kingdom Hearts. As long as they get Cloud right I will be happy.

I liked post-recovery Cloud better. The one who leads the charge into the crater with "Let's mosey."

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 12:51:54 PM

SE stated that they have just started working on the remake.

CaptainNexus616

I figured as such since is the first official word of a remake...

I'm just betting the soonest will be 2017 for a 20th anniversary. Not saying it will and it may take longer but that is my guess at the soonest possibility.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 01:14:45 PM
I figured as such since is the first official word of a remake...

I'm just betting the soonest will be 2017 for a 20th anniversary. Not saying it will and it may take longer but that is my guess at the soonest possibility.

It would be nice for the 20th.

I'd also like them to not include turned based combat.

CaptainNexus616

Mathim

Quote from: CaptainNexus616 on June 17, 2015, 01:43:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jXU5k4U8x20

Its beautiful....

Refresh my memory, was Vader there on Hoth during the assault? Or at least, in the capacity where he'd be on the battlefield and not showing up after the evacuation? Not that I'm against them taking liberties with the game's story if it makes the gameplay more interesting.

Inkidu

Vadar was there, all we see though is him chasing Han and crew into the Falcon. What he did during the battle is left to speculation/incredibly bloated expanded universe material.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Skynet

Super Marior Maker really intrigues me:

Kind of reminds me of those ROM hacks in the old days, albeit this time it looks like you can replicate both old-school and new-style Mario games.

Mikem

So Nintendo is coming out with yet another top down Zelda game for the handheld, instead of, y'know, something we'd actually foam at the mouth over. Something along the lines of an actual over the shoulder game on Console like Twilight Princess. God that was a beautiful game.

Also if Zelda came to the Xbox I could die happy. Never will though. Cause corporations and property and life sucks.
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. So why not take the scenic route?"

My Ons & Offs