News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

THE BEST THING EVER: Week 9!

Started by Noelle, January 01, 2011, 11:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noelle

TBTE: Week 9
Quarters are happening soon! Get your votes in now before the first major elimination!

This week's suggestion is courtesy of Ryven, who has constructed an interesting conundrum between two very appealing choices, indeed!

Five more minutes in bed vs. Five more minutes in the shower!

Think about it: both warm and comfortable places are usually followed by a period of agonizing cold as soon as you get out. One is snug and cozy. The other is wet and naked. CHOOSE NOW.

Think you've got an awesome idea? Submit new ideas for future pairings! (and read about how the game works, if you're confused!)

LAST WEEK'S RESULTS:

Last week was a riveting match-up! In fact, so riveting that we came out with a tie. I found one user who had not voted before the poll closed to break the tie, and our glorious, glorious winner is...

Superpowers: 53.8% (7)         
Sweet utility belt: 46.2% (6)

The Goddamn Batman is NOT going to be pleased about this...

Previous weeks:
Week 8
Week 7
Week 6
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1

Will

First of all, I am terribly disappointed in the voting populace of E for last week's sham of a contest.  I can't believe it.  I can't!

Moving on, five minutes in the shower means a lot more to me than five minutes in bed.  Being half-awake makes the five minutes fly by a lot faster than in the shower, so yeah.  Both are greatly valued, but shower comes out ahead for me.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Saerrael

Noooooooooooooooooooo! I missed a week D:
*emos quietly in a corner*

For me the bed. I really have troubles getting out of it, so staying in for 5 more minutes is quite lovely.

Underneath

One of my favorite hobbies is to sleep, so five extra minutes to sleep is the way to go.  Although, that five minutes may accidentally turn into five extra "hours" if I get too comfortable! :P

auroraChloe

as much as i struggle getting into my bed on time, i struggle more getting out of it. 
5 more minutes with out interruption would be divine.

a/a 8/21/17

Ryven

I hadn't actually thought of my answer until now.  The shower is much more appealing.  5 minutes of sleep is nothing.  I'd rather have 5 minutes of warm showery goodness.

Will

Quote from: Ryven on January 04, 2011, 11:25:57 PM
I hadn't actually thought of my answer until now.  The shower is much more appealing.  5 minutes of sleep is nothing.  I'd rather have 5 minutes of warm showery goodness.

Exactly my reasoning.  5 minutes of sleep goes by in a flash.  5 minutes in the shower goes by like, well... 5 minutes.  Totally different.

What would really be useful is an extra hour in the day.

- Jack Kerouac

Ryven

Quote from: Will on January 04, 2011, 11:31:38 PM
Exactly my reasoning.  5 minutes of sleep goes by in a flash.  5 minutes in the shower goes by like, well... 5 minutes.  Totally different.

What would really be useful is an extra hour in the day.

But versus what?

Will

- Jack Kerouac

Ryven

A third hand when you need one? :)

Remiel

I would just like to say that no weekly poll has ever made me contemplate the utter existential angst of the human condition so much as this one.  I stared at the options, paralyzed by indecision, unable to evaluate whether five more minutes of somniferous bliss--however fleeting--is more valuable than five more minutes in the womb-like warmth and safety of the shower.  In the end, with uncharacteristic sangfroid*,  I went and made a tuna-cheese-and-horseradish sandwich.

*honestly, I just wanted to use the word "sangfroid" in a  sentence.

auroraChloe

:o  5 minutes of sleep is nothing ??? 

you've obviously never used the snooze button. 

Quote from: Remiel on January 05, 2011, 01:09:21 PM
honestly, I just wanted to use the word "sangfroid" in a  sentence.

*applauds* 

a/a 8/21/17

Aiden

Five minutes of sleep is also that one really good stretch, where you cover the span of the bed and you feel so good it is like waking up feeling like putty. If you get out of bed in a rush, you miss that moment!

Noelle

I tingle in glee at the intense discussion this week. Keep throwing good suggestions out for the game! They've been really great so far :D

Will

Quote from: Remiel on January 05, 2011, 01:09:21 PM
I would just like to say that no weekly poll has ever made me contemplate the utter existential angst of the human condition so much as this one.  I stared at the options, paralyzed by indecision, unable to evaluate whether five more minutes of somniferous bliss--however fleeting--is more valuable than five more minutes in the womb-like warmth and safety of the shower.  In the end, with uncharacteristic sangfroid*,  I went and made a tuna-cheese-and-horseradish sandwich.

*honestly, I just wanted to use the word "sangfroid" in a  sentence.

Agreed.  This poll really just causes me to despair at the knowledge that I will receive neither.  Despair! -_-

- Jack Kerouac

Ryven

Quote from: Aiden on January 05, 2011, 05:03:24 PM
Five minutes of sleep is also that one really good stretch, where you cover the span of the bed and you feel so good it is like waking up feeling like putty. If you get out of bed in a rush, you miss that moment!

If you rush to shower you also miss just being in the hot steamy flow of water running over your body with nothing else to worry about for the next 5 minutes.