Zombies Ate My Brain! (OOC Thread)

Started by Remiel, November 26, 2010, 08:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Remiel

Starting on Day Three, I'm going to modify the rules so that an individual needs to garner a majority of votes cast in order to be exiled, as opposed to total votes.  In other words,  assuming Moirae and rottenaim haven't cast their votes by Wednesday, Loki Caprion will need eight votes to be exiled instead of nine.  (Fourteen total votes cast / 2 + 1 = 8)

So everyone will still have to get on the same page in order to boot a Survivor, but hopefully this will ease the difficulty somewhat. 

Imagine that you were one of the characters in our little story (or a character on Walking Dead).  As far as you know, you're all that remains of the human race.  Even with the fear of a zombie in your ranks, it should be difficult to willingly sacrifice a fellow human being without proof.  You're going to need all the survivors you can get. 

Valerian

The problem is that most of us can't get proof until we're already zombified.  :(
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Professor Loki Caprion

Not sure if I like how I'm the one used in the example...
The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Remiel

I didn't mean to infer anything by it, Loki.  I used you as an example because you're the one with the most votes at the moment. ;)

Remiel

Esoteric Myobi is still internet-less at home, but she has informed me she wishes to change her vote to Marguerite.

Marguerite

Hopefully she is able to get back online soon.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

Professor Loki Caprion

The Professor is drifting through time and space...

Discord: Professor Ravenhurst#8936

Ons/Offs | Ideas | A&As (Apr 28, 2016) | The Lab | Elluiki

Rhedyn

Marguerite

Not at all. Has Rotten been on lately?

Remiel

Rule corrections, going into effect this point forward:

1. A majority of total survivors is no longer needed to evict someone from the camp.  To be ejected, someone needs to get a majority of votes cast.  For example, if there are 14 survivors (normally requiring a quorum of 8), and one person does not cast her vote, only 7 votes are needed to eliminate somebody.

2. If zombie Infects the Doctor or Nurse, that person will become Infected for one full day, at the end of which he will use his vaccines to cure himself and revert to his previous role.  During the night he reverts from Infected to his previous role, he is vulnerable to zombie attack.

3. If multiple zombies choose to eat the same target, I will roll a dice to determine which zombie gets there first.  The zombie that actually kills the victim will get to eat his brains (and will then get the option of Infecting someone the following night), while any additional zombies will go hungry (and will thus not have that option).

Also, I was going to make the deadline for voting this round the evening of December 24th, but then I realized that that's Christmas Eve.  Is that going to be enough time for everybody, or is an extension in order?

Rhedyn

*peruses the rule corrections*

That's enough time for me   :-)

Remiel

Just a reminder, people.  If you're going to vote, I need you to do so by tomorrow.

(Honestly, I do hate to nag; but I hate it even more when a game lurches to a screeching halt.  If you're going to be MIA for any extended period of time, that's fine; I just ask that you let me know. )

Marguerite

Remy,

I have been fighting a chest infection and seeing a doctor today. I will vote by tonight.

Marguerite

Well, it is confirmed I have bronchitis and taking medication to fight it now.

Remiel

Ouch, geez.  I have had bronchitis before and it is definitely not fun. Take care of yourself!

Marguerite

Thanks, I have got some nice drugs to make me feel better.

Marguerite

Beguile's Mistress

Marguerite

Beguile's Mistress

I don't know how I do it.  I've been able to intuitively pick the bad guy about 60-70% of the time in these games.

I may be jinxing myself by saying that so don't count on my next pick to be right. :P

Marguerite

True though I almost nommed your brains but I went for eating Imogen and it worked.

Beguile's Mistress

Good think I hid the condiments, then.  Might have made my gray matter less appealing. :D