Started by Wolfy, May 16, 2012, 10:43:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

http://ow.ly/i/D8Rj

...Toonami...is back.

And it's on Adult Swim.

...TOM IS BACK. *squees until his head pops*

Inkidu

I don't believe it. I can't believe it. It would hurt too much if it were some kind of hoax.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Wolfy

Quote from: Inkidu on May 16, 2012, 10:45:30 PM
I don't believe it. I can't believe it. It would hurt too much if it were some kind of hoax.

It was tweeted by both Adult Swim and Steven Blum, the Voice of Tom.

...So.....it's true Inki....you may release your manly tears.

Raine Raiden Crossheart

OMG I used to watch that when i was in like middle school its one of the shows that got me into anime to start with.....

Oniya

Cartoon Network will finally have decent cartoons on at night!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Raine Raiden Crossheart

Quote from: Oniya on May 17, 2012, 12:12:28 AM
Cartoon Network will finally have decent cartoons on at night!

I totally agree

Semantics

I just raised my arms into the air and bit off a shout of joy.  I am now Officially Happy.

Kunoichi

Wolfy, you might want to use this for the link in your opening post.  Much better than a mere image, wouldn't you say? ;)

SinXAzgard21

... Well I know what I am doing on this following weekend.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Kunoichi

Oh, and also, from a recent press release...

QuoteTOONAMI - Beginning Saturday, May 26, Adult Swim brings back Toonami, the network's popular block of anime programming. Airing weekly from midnight to 6 a.m. (ET/PT), in addition to the return of previous series featured in Toonami, Adult Swim is also developing new original anime programming for fans.

Sabby

I don't really remember much about it, but I did watch it every night before bed (stayed up on school nights, had a special arrangement with mum) and I honestly don't have fond memories of it... I know that's what you'd expect from me, but usually, I'm devoid of nostalgia and that's why I don't care. Here, this is nostalgic to me, and I honestly can't think of a single fond memory...

Lets see, what did I watch... I may be forgetting some, but this is what I can recall.

Dragonball Z. Watched this all the way from the first episode to the ridiculous filler with Buu getting ice cream -.- I actually did like the Cell Saga though, but aside from that, and Pandora's Box (look her up) DBZ left a bad taste.

Bubblegum Crisis. Some shit about robots gaining intelligence while a bunch of middle aged women (no, seriously, that one detail felt inventive to me, that they looked like they were older then 25 and dressed like self respecting adults) have mech suits. Because. Don't remember, and really don't care.

Bleach. Exactly like Dragonball Z, where most of the fights were just panning shots of the scenery fading so no one would have to animate the torturous mid battle dialogue.

And then we come to the first and last Anime I would ever watch of my own choice. If you know me, you already know what that is. Neon Genesis Evan-fucking-gelion x.x I want brain breach to be real. I want a specific delivery system for the bleach, so that that particular memory can be erased even after so much time.

The only show I didn't mind was Cardcaptors, and I was in a pretty heavy Pokemon obsession at the time, so I kind of saw it as Pokemon-4-girls (and strangely that attracted me at that age o.O)

Oniya

I remember Cowboy Bebop and Full Metal Alchemist.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Kunoichi

Strange, I don't recall some of those ever showing on Toonami...  Or at least not in the US, anyway. ^^;

Oniya

Hmm.  I know it was late at night ('cause the little Oni was asleep) and I thought it was Cartoon Network...

*scuttles off to Wikipedia*

Sorry - it was Outlaw Star that I remember from Toonami (and even then, they had to edit in the black bikini)  Not sure what I got mixed up with FMA, but Wiki reminded me of Cyborg 009, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Ruroni Kenshin.

Kunoichi

Cowboy Bebop and FMA sounds like Adult Swim's earlier days.  Of course, Adult Swim started late at night as Toonami's 'Midnight Run', so maybe you're remembering a show from then?  I think that was mostly Gundam shows, way back then, though.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kunoichi on May 17, 2012, 10:04:02 PM
Cowboy Bebop and FMA sounds like Adult Swim's earlier days.  Of course, Adult Swim started late at night as Toonami's 'Midnight Run', so maybe you're remembering a show from then?  I think that was mostly Gundam shows, way back then, though.
I know Toonami introduced me to what was possibly the best anime in the world. Big O. :)
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Big O was good - confusing as all get-out, but good.  I liked the concept of a world where everyone had forgotten the past.

Brandon

Quote from: Wolfy on May 16, 2012, 10:43:20 PM
http://ow.ly/i/D8Rj

...Toonami...is back.

And it's on Adult Swim.

...TOM IS BACK. *squees until his head pops*

Im not afraid to say it, Im choking back some manly tears of happiness at this news. I freaking loved Toonami several years ago and it was one of the things that got me into anime
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

I remember having seen every show people have listed in this thread so far on Adult Swim at some point, with one exception:

Bubblegum Crisis.

Really? They aired that? The old series or Bubblegum Crisis 2010 (or whatever the remake series was called)? I wouldn't be surprised if the older series was on there at some point, but the remake was...err...somewhat more "out there" than AS's usual content. >.>

On topic: I have to admit, while I enjoyed AS at the time...this isn't a big deal to me. I mean, if I want to watch a neat show late at night these days, I go to Hulu. Or Netflix. Or somewhere similar with the shows I want to watch when I want to watch them with few/no commercials in the way. Chances are if I'm up watching Adult Swim it's because I literally couldn't find anything else to do that night and couldn't sleep. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.