Interest check: Japanese Anime High School Rp

Started by OmegamanX, January 21, 2012, 06:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OmegamanX

Hello I am trying to get a Japanese High School rp going. However I will be needing help to set things up. Such as location, names, etc etc. This post will be to see how many people is interested in rping student life, and to see what we can add or not add into the rp. This post will be open for 5 days at most to get most ideas and opinions down before we create the actual rp.
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Tentatively interested.  Would this be just a mundane setting or would the occasional crazy sci-fi and fantasy antics occur which are common to such settings in most anime?
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Miyu

Depends AnyZ, if he means Japanese high school it will be just that mundane Japanese high school. However if he means Anime high school things can be different, I am interested whichever.

OmegamanX

Well of course I mean Anime, and thats something Im having a problem, should we have something crazy like something from personia or something else? Or be more of a comedic/romance anime? Thats what im not certain of.
“But with dogs, we do have “bad dog.” Bad dog exists. “Bad dog! Bad dog! Stole a biscuit, bad dog!” The dog is saying, “Who are you to judge me? You human beings who’ve had genocide, war against people of different creeds, colors, religions, and I stole a biscuit?! Is that a crime? People of the world!”

“Well, if you put it that way, I think you’ve got a point. Have another biscuit, sorry.”
-Eddie Izzard

Miyu

I might work on a small system game based on a anime high school, that way I will have a system so nobody goes powermod. I think there is a rp already based on Persona if I am not mistaken.

OmegamanX

I see but I dont want to do a personia rp I want to do a Japanese Anime High School rp.

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

I'd suggest going wild with it.  Scary one day, crazy the next, funny after that.  See what sticks.

Presumably the characters will be mostly normal humans, but maybe have just a few things which set them apart, minor magical talents or such maybe.  Depends on if you want to go that route.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Miyu

yep yep that would be a typical anime high school, I said the persona thing because I though you said something about persona

OmegamanX

I dunno about mixing it up I would rather just pick one and stick with it and I said personia because it got the idea from playing Persona 3, I was thinking "Wouldnt it be great just to play the game without having to worry about the fate of the world hanging over your head all the time?" So I figured why not make a High school rp?

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Quote from: OmegamanX on January 21, 2012, 08:05:46 PM
I dunno about mixing it up I would rather just pick one and stick with it and I said personia because it got the idea from playing Persona 3, I was thinking "Wouldnt it be great just to play the game without having to worry about the fate of the world hanging over your head all the time?" So I figured why not make a High school rp?

When you're in high school, though, doesn't everything feel like the fate of the world is hanging over your head anyway?

"S/he doesn't like me!  What do I do?!"

OmegamanX

no I never felt that way im talking about, if you dont defeat this enemy the entire earth will become nothing but a wasteland of fire and ash.

-Eddie Izzard

AndyZ

Eh, fair enough.  I didn't get very far in the first Persona and didn't play the others.

I would love to see something about mystical powers and such, maybe people have to keep their abnormalities secret, and so on.  However, a purely mundane game can be interesting if the action keeps going rapidly.

HollowX

I'll be interested if it's with some supernatural things. Playing a type of psychic would be fun I think

terrorvisions

I don't know if any of you have seen the anime Baka and test but if you are looking for something with human characters and some extra abilities it approached that problem from an interesting angle. The characters had virtual avatars with fighting powers equivalent to their standing in specific subjects relative to the other students. It could be tweaked in what ever manner everyone thought was good. I just thought that might help I'm not sure exactly what you all are looking for though.

OHWceta

I've been looking to start or join a highschool type RP.

If it's still open keep me updated when there's enough to get an RP started up and what Info I need to include.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

OmegamanX

huh...well the reason why I want to avoid powers is because I dont want fights breaking out and people power modding like. This guy uses fire fist and the other guy goes, "useless im immune to fire thanks to my spirit guardian bear." [trust me it happened before...totally ruined the rp because we were stuck in that once scene, couldn't progress to the next day because of those two idiots.] But yeah I know mundane is boring, but its the only way that we can be sure no one is over powered.

-Eddie Izzard

Laughing Hyena

Could always play a children's card game? ;-)

Or on a more serious note you could do other genres to keep it out of powers and maybe into say mystery or horror or such on the light hearted side to keep things varied and interesting.

kingmaster1

In any case I love high school stories so, paranormal or not, I would like to be a part of this  ;D

Haibane

If the game is mundane, I'd be interested. If the game involves fully mundane humans but there is a central strange happening as a plot driver, or something paranormal the students need to puzzle out or combat or investigate I'd still be interested.

I would not be interested in a game where students have powers.

Snake

I can get into this set up regardless if it's mundane or not.

MidnightKisses

In this world it is not faith that saves us but defiance.

OOs

OmegamanX

Hmm well we can always have a romance/comedy sub plot if that interests people.

-Eddie Izzard

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Haibane

Don't go thinking of changing anything on my account, I was just expressing a preference. All characters without powers and I'm in, otherwise you have fun without me!

OmegamanX, if you did want a main plot that was fringing on the odd, peculiar and paranormal, I can supply you one. It was used in another HS RP I was in on another site, but its a very long-term storyline and will need committed players. It's set in a normal contemporary high school.

OHWceta

So how soon can we get this show on the road?

OmegamanX

We....are going to need more people. And well I was thinking of a mundane High school rp this time, hey if this goes well Ill make a rp about Sky High next time.

-Eddie Izzard

kingmaster1

sweet, I love that movie. Super hero teens!!

OmegamanX

Still looking for players. If we cant get enough may as well scrap this entire rp.

-Eddie Izzard

Haibane

Omega, it looks like you had more interest in this when you included powers etc for the characters, so if you want to go down that route its fine; I have plenty other games on the go right now.

Carlissa

I'm interested, powers or no.

You can always have powers but no fighting, after all. Instead of using them for fighting, they could use them to progress with the plot, whether it be it solve a mystery or fight a greater evil. For example, the students would use their powers and/or special abilities to fight an army of zombies.

When making an anime based high school RP, its good to research up on anime/manga solely based on school life.  haven't read that much on the subject, but from what I've seen the plots are mostly about romance or complete randomness.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

kingmaster1

very true

also if we did go with powers of some kind I have always been partially with possibly enchanted or mystical weaponry (just a personal thing)

but in any respect I'm good with anything  ;D

Kimera

Interested (with or without powers)

Still room for more?

Hotaru37

I am interested no matter in which direction it heads.  Count me in.   ;D
"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

Ons and Offs/A/A's/My Rabbit Hole

Bloody Rose

Quote from: Carlissa on February 02, 2012, 10:00:44 PM
I'm interested, powers or no.

You can always have powers but no fighting, after all. Instead of using them for fighting, they could use them to progress with the plot, whether it be it solve a mystery or fight a greater evil. For example, the students would use their powers and/or special abilities to fight an army of zombies.

When making an anime based high school RP, its good to research up on anime/manga solely based on school life.  haven't read that much on the subject, but from what I've seen the plots are mostly about romance or complete randomness.

As a avid fan of manga and high school anime I can say she is somewhat true. But there is always some action going on in some school rps mostly its about romance and stuff like that.

Kaiten

If you're still looking for interest, I certainly am interested, premise in general

Eliza

Definitely interested in this ... Just watched the anime version of Persona 4 and the music is still in my head.

I tried doing this before, using the uniforms from the high schools from Gekkoukan and Yasogami (because they looked cool). But it couldn't explode in post. I'm willing to help if you need it.

Bloody Rose

I can do it as well if this does not pick up. Mine would be more romance and stuff than life rather than anything.

OmegamanX

Ladies and Gentlemen....we have a rp.
Like I said it will be a anime style High School rp. However there will be no powers, Maybe special talents. [Like being able to paint a certain style, or your able to move silently, or know everything doing with a certain topic, or even eating endlessly without throwing up]
There's no real plot yet but Im trying to think of something everyone can enjoy. However romance and comedy will be the main theme.
There will be clubs, and club presidents to go with them.
Name and location hasn't been decided yet.
This school will be a campus with dorms and such. There will be no Co-Ed dorm so if you want to spend some "quality time" Youll have to break the rules a bit. Hey makes it exiting dosent it?
Thats all I got....so feel free to add in your input. I want to make a rp something that everyone can enjoy.

-Eddie Izzard

Snake

One question: what types of things do you want posted about the characters?

OmegamanX

Well just a description. Dont do Bios, there more fun when people dig for someones past and likes and dislikes. If they have a bio, people mostly look at it and then they know what to say and not to say. Thats no fun.

-Eddie Izzard

Snake

Works for me I don't like giving bios anyway for taht reason.

Eliza

So are we going for the traditional homeroom style of high school? And how will the days progress? Is there class time besides breaks and transitions between classes where our characters?

For input, since I'm a big fan of Persona, could there be different types of weather (and of course seasons) - that way so our uniforms changes.

Also, is there a specific uniform for our characters?

Kaiten

I would probably suggest, if we're not doing bios, school profiles at least with clubs, grades, and names for reference/

Eliza

Quote from: Kaiten on February 07, 2012, 04:05:56 PM
I would probably suggest, if we're not doing bios, school profiles at least with clubs, grades, and names for reference/

Well, maybe if you're a freshman at the school, then you wouldn't need a bio. But for those who are upperclassmen and who are probably well known in the school (like club members, star athletes ... delinquents maybe), a general lightly-detailed school profile would be good. People who are mostly known among students, teachers and staff.

Snake

perhaps something like

Name:
Grade:
Activities:

Kaiten

Yeah, exactly, cause I mean whatever your reputation, you have at least the smallest idea.

Carlissa

Quote from: OmegamanX on February 07, 2012, 11:25:32 AM
This school will be a campus with dorms and such. There will be no Co-Ed dorm so if you want to spend some "quality time" Youll have to break the rules a bit. Hey makes it exiting dosent it?

I'm not too fond of this idea... I thought that just going to a high school was fine. A campus life has too much to do with school, and personally, doesn't really feel like a high school. A high school environment allows characters to experience two kinds of lifestyles: a school life and an after school life, where the characters are exposed to many more possibilities of adventure and development that being in school would not allow (and of course vice-versa). A campus life really doesn't let the characters be exposed to an after-school life, since they are stuck on campus and have to follow campus rules at all times. This also defeats the purpose of playing as regular teenage students, since a high school environment has more leisure when it comes to free time and rules.

I know I'm not too great at explaining things, but what I'm trying to say is that having the school being a campus defeats the purpose of playing as regular teenage students by restricting a lot of things that makes a teenager a teenager. If you want a campus RP then maybe make it a college RP instead, which would give the characters more freedom to wander off school grounds and have a personal life.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Kaiten

I'm not entirely sure if it's the same all over japan, but when my friend went to school there, her dorm was not on campus, in fact it was a good deal away. Far as I know most campuses are just one or two buildings and a field.

OmegamanX

Okay there will be an after school life. After class hours there free to do whatever they please, and maybe we can have dorms that arnt on campus then. But I want it so that if your in the female dorm no male and vice virsa mainly because if there was a co-ed dorm then it be easier hooking up and not much of a challenge would present itself. Also as for the day progression it will be a traditional homeroom. Yes there is class time and after school you can go into the city, get a part time job, or just do whatever. Also I was thinking there can be a lake, 3 hours away by train so you guys can go there for vacations and such...

-Eddie Izzard

Kimera

Hotaru37

"All who wander are not lost."  Some just enjoy the adventure of seeking the unknown.  ^^                

OmegamanX

All we need, is the name of school and the location, and a plot.

-Eddie Izzard

Eliza

So you need a Japanese name for the school and a general location ... in Japan,

I have two suggestions ... from the Persona series. I've decided to leave -trinity soul- out, since there's no available information about "Naginomori Gakuen Middle/High School."

1) Persona 3's high school is seemingly is on a man-made or natural island with the main transportation being a train that goes back to the mainland. The general area is commercial/industrial. The dorms are located on the mainland and students take the train to go to school. The train could also be the means of going to the vacation spots in farther regions.

2) Persona 4's high school is located in the rural area and students usually have respective homes to go home from school. The dorms could still have a factor here, for those who are exchange students but have no family in the area where they can crash at. Transportation is more open here and there could be students already driving cars (or motorcycles) to school. I'm more into the motor-less bikes when in comes to going to school. Like #1, there is a train that passes by the town and it could be the means of going to vacations spots, like the bigger cities or camping near a lake (you want the lake, do you?).

These are suggestion so you can have your way with them. Take elements out, put elements together. I'm just bad with naming stuff.

Kaiten

You can just make up a town, or put it in one of the cities. I mean from what I saw, schools are pretty much just stuck in random places, turn a corner and there's a school. Considering the price of gas and the size of most towns, pretty much everyone just walked, biked, or if the town was big enough, took the train. Honestly, it doesn't exactly matter where it's located, except the region of japan itself. I've seen people that go from the country to the city to go to highschool, and vice versa. That's the great thing about trains :) Flip a coin.

OHWceta

I personally like the Dorm and Train idea best. So that's my vote.

Kimera

I like the idea of the train as well. Just another location on its own where students can socialise.

Hotaru37

kingmaster1

OmegamanX

okay we still have a few things, like school uniform, classes, clubs, and still the name. Not very important But soon It should be up by Saturday.

-Eddie Izzard

Eliza

Want a Persona uniform? I had pictures of all the main characters and maybe some secondaries.

For clubs, Student Council is a must. Sports classes of course, but depend on what sports. Archery is a unique one. Soccer and Basketball is common. Swimming Team? Photography club, Art club, Home Economics club, Kendo club (it's Japan for crissakes!), Music Club.

Kaiten

Tons of uniform types, and just pick a name that sounds good. There's a ton of good names out there, a lot of them are named after founders or something.

Archery isn't too uncommon actually, Kyuudo it's called.

Clubs are pretty black and white though, I mean Japanese schools have a pretty common theme to them all, pretty much by law, so they aren't such a big deal to put a lot of thought into.

Bloody Rose

I cannot wait for this rp. But yeah all the rp's I seen with a school setting  has a lot of clubs, I also seen: Astrology Club, Club of taking care of wounded animals, Basketball, Swimming, Track and field, Anime club. Archery club its not that rare at all I seen a lot of anime with those clubs.

Lisabeth

"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

Tomoya

OmegamanX

Well sorry it took so long, see here was the problem...
My stupid step father forgot to pay the internet bill....AGAIN! So yeah I was without internet for around 2 1/2 weeks, and before you ask no I couldn't go to the library for some jackass decided to upload a virus to thier systems. So yeah for those who are still interested say yay, and if not well I may as well try again.

-Eddie Izzard

OHWceta

Lisabeth

I still want to get in on this if theres an open spot ^.^
"Searchers of Horror haunt strange, far places..."
         ..... H.P. Lovecraft

OmegamanX

thats fine, anyway heres what ive come up so far, am going to need a little help with the intro post,

Welcome to Izumi Koukou, where your life begins here. Here you will attend classes, join clubs, make friends, fall in love, cause trouble, or just hang out. The school is located in the northern parts of japan, and is on a man-made island. To get there you must go by train, and after classes your free to roam the city, and on weekends your free to depart for the lake that is 3 hours by train.

These are your classes. [Everyone has the same classes maybe different times depending on your year.]

Launguage Arts
History
Gym
Math
Science [Chemistry-fall physics-winter biology-spring]

Here is a list of clubs

Kendo
Swim
Gamer
Books
Music
Magic [No NOT like bible black]

may need better classes and maybe less clubs...and still a school uniform.

-Eddie Izzard

kingmaster1

looks good to me, hehe bible black magic would be quite strange in a more light hearted series (assuming this is one)

Haibane

Laughing Hyena

who149

Hm, I'm interested, been a while sense I was on, and I'm not really in the mood for a system game.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

OmegamanX

I did say bible black but I also said we wernt going to do it. I don't like the idea of most of the girls being raped and/or killed.

-Eddie Izzard

Spynmaster

Wanna know if you're still looking for players. I've always wanted a Japan school setting to play with, especially to play with romance & polygynic relationships.

MidnightKisses

By the way I still want to play if this is going to happen.
In this world it is not faith that saves us but defiance.

OOs

Haibane

No murder and rape, okay, check ;)

I was just asking since I found BB to be very hot.

A group game I ran (extremely badly) recently is one I'd love to see done again. It uses the 'Naked in School' universe (just type that into Google and you will quickly find it) and my game failed I think mostly to the technical structure I used. What might be fun was if, instead of 2 students from each class being selected to be naked, an entire class was, in a high school of otherwise normally dressed students and staff. That is all the players in the game. The idea is it’s a Government sponsored initiative to get teenagers to be more open and accepting of their sexuality and to develop healthy attitudes to their naked bodies as part of the national sex-ed curriculum. In the case of the high school group game the whole class is selected to be nude in school.

Cue all kinds of awkwardness, unwanted erections, shame, embarrassment, outraged females and secret hot looks (from boys at girls, girls at boys and at the same gender from the closet gays and lesbians).

kingmaster1

yeah, I was in that with Haibane, it was a really fun game

OmegamanX

-Eddie Izzard