Have you heard. . .

Started by ShrowdedPoet, April 29, 2008, 02:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShrowdedPoet

Have you heard what I have heard? 

I've heard that Christians are saying Obama is the anti-christ.  I think it's crazy. . .but have you heard this and what do you think about it.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Jefepato

I've never heard this, but considering the number of people who call themselves "Christian," I'm sure you can pick any insane statement you want and find a Christian somewhere to say it.  So I think nothing at all about it; it's quite meaningless.

This certainly isn't a typical view among Christians.  Surely you're not trying to imply that it is?

ShrowdedPoet

No I am not.  It is a view held by most every Christian where I live.  I like to find out what's going on in the world elsewhere though.
Ons and Offs

HairyHeretic

Can't say I've heard that particular story.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

ShrowdedPoet

Hmmmm, maybe it is just in my area of the world.  Interesting.  I hate where I live!  Can't wait to move!  Damn small minded stupid little town in the middle of nowhere!
Ons and Offs

Celestial Goblin

Hey, Hillary is a 15 level(or something like that) witch since quite long time ago, at leat according to a site I once read. And it wasn't a rpg site.
The same site claimed her husband Bill is only 3th level and his presidency was only demonic Hillary testing the waters or something.

ShroudedPoet, do you know what denomination those folks you mentioned are, by the way?

Sherona

I have never heard anyone utter that Obama is the anti-christ...have heard that Osama bin Laden is the anti-christ...though this doesn't make sense due to their own doctrine that the "anti-christ will come to power as a false Prince of Peace." not something I normally think "Oh look its Osama Bin Laden, he is such a peace maker.."

Of course then there is Bush is the anti-christ, and then there was Reagan, and Nixon, and just about every american president has been accused of being the Anti-christ..Meh.

ShrowdedPoet

Most of them are down home southern baptist.
Ons and Offs

Sherona

imo people are allowed to believe what they wish to believe in. Its not my place to take away that which gives them some sort of comfort..as long as they are allowing others to live peacably...they throwing eggs at Obama? They going to his rallies screaming hatred at him? If not meh..not my place to judge.

kongming

Well, he *did* say that disgruntled backwater towns are angry and resentful, so clinging to their guns and religion. So I can see religious militant nutjobs in backwater towns saying that about him.

If I had a website I'd be getting so much hate mail about now...
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=9536.msg338515

Cherri Tart

Personally, i thought that Dick Cheney had already applied and taken the job as anti christ - can you have 2 of them at the same time? 
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Sherona

according to Nostradamus there are many Mini-anti-christs :D

Cherri Tart

lol - i'm sorry, but i'm giggling right now with the picture of all these cute little mini - anti-christs running around the room - sort of like little stuffed animals or kid robot toys!

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Maeven

Quote from: Cherri Tart on April 30, 2008, 10:43:51 AM
lol - i'm sorry, but i'm giggling right now with the picture of all these cute little mini - anti-christs running around the room - sort of like little stuffed animals or kid robot toys!

And, now, you have made my day.  That is just too funny. :)

*laughs out loud*
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

kongming

I am in total agreement. That is both funny AND cute.
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.

Ons/Offs:

Trieste

Quote from: Sherona on April 30, 2008, 10:40:42 AM
according to Nostradamus there are many Mini-anti-christs :D

Antichristlets. Like chiclets, only less enjoyable! ;)

*giggles at Cherri*

Humble Scribe

Quote from: kongming on April 30, 2008, 01:22:06 AM
Well, he *did* say that disgruntled backwater towns are angry and resentful, so clinging to their guns and religion.

And so they decided to prove him right?  ;)
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

ZK

I'm the anti-christ! *dons her Dominatrix leathers and turns into Succubus girl* Weee. ^.^

But no, I haven't heard that sort of statement. Those silly Christians.
On's/Off's --- Game Reviews

"Only the insane have strength enough to prosper. Only those who prosper may judge what is sane."

Hunter

Quote from: ShrowdedPoet on April 29, 2008, 02:42:06 PM
Have you heard what I have heard? 

I've heard that Christians are saying Obama is the anti-christ.  I think it's crazy. . .but have you heard this and what do you think about it.

That's the same kind of nonsense that goes along with 2000 being the end of the world.  (And we all know how that worked out, ya?)  If people actually understood the context of the Bible and put it in the proper timeframe (and not want to make themselves the center of time), then garbage like this wouldn't pop up.

Captain Maltese

How would you go about being the Antichrist, anyway?

1. Not be born a Jew

2. Have any job description but carpenter

3. Not be able to walk on water

4. Not die at the age of about 30-33 by crucifiction and spearhit

5. Not have a dozen close friends

6. Not be able to make miracles

Oh no........*I* am the Antichrist!

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Elvi

No Calico, you forgot that you had to be female....

I am the Antichrist!
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

National Acrobat

I've heard it as well and it's a pretty popular opinion among the 'ratpure' oriented christians and the extreme, fundamental sects out there. Misinformed mind you, but a pretty popular opinion among this crowd along with him being a muslim as well.

http://www.barackobamaantichrist.blogspot.com/

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ok/T6LC6ESI3S0DET45G

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message483746/pg1

That's just a sampling. People are absolutely stark raving mad out there.

OldSchoolGamer

Andy Warhol was right.  Eventually, everyone will get to be the Antichrist for 15 minutes.

When my turn comes, I intend to play vintage Black Sabbath and AC/DC albums, and have my buddies over for a Second Edition D&D game.

kongming

When I'm the antichrist, I'm going to water the garden, maybe do the dishes or something. Either I'll be remembered as a rather useful, helpful antichrist, or people will assume doing the dishes is vile and Satanic, and there will be a new movement to ban dishwashing. Either way I win :D

Ons/Offs:

Cherri Tart

i was the anti-christ for a few weeks in 2003 - i was suspended for dress code violations tho, and eventually let go.

O/O, Cherri Flavored