News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Moonlight Rememberence (1-on-1: General Valter & Hiddenhart)

Started by Mr. Vyce, October 07, 2010, 06:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Vyce

It was a rather beautiful evening, the sun having descended into the horizon some time prior, the full moon having taken its place to shine. The skies were an ebony sheet, with twinkling stars appearing like dust that had been forgotten by its owner. The air was clean and crisp, and for once, free of the cacophony of warfare and bloodshed. Aside from a few older men and women seeking the flashy (and dubious) nightlife at a pub or gambling ring, it was a generally quiet, lovely and peaceful evening, and one would be considered fortunate to enjoy it.
Unfortunately for a certain young man, parrying an expert swing with his katana, he was more hardpressed with ensuring he'd actually live to soak in the nocturnal beauty.

Hiddenhart

(Ooc: I will try to RP as Meliadoul. Feel free to correct me...I've NEVER RP'd before as a premade character.)

"Hmph." Meliadoul swung her knightsword, Save the Queen, from one side to the other. She felt it blocked by a katana and merely nodded, planning her next strike. Though she could easily have disarmed the young man fighting her with one of her skills, that would not be a challange to her. She merely smirked and tried swinging again from another side. "Not bad." was her only comment, the only other sound being the constant clanking of blade on blade...

Mr. Vyce

Blue eyes narrowed slightly at her confident smirk, his own blade gripped in both hands as he avoided another slice from the right. Though he normally found that to be a surprisingly attractive feature of the Divine Knight, in this case, it only annoyed him. But then again, he had brought this partially on himself. He had to challenge the brunette to swordplay, an area in which only a few warriors in all of Ivalice could match her. And now, an evening that could have been spent on more relaxing endeavors was being spent trying to avoid being skewered by his own beloved...a beloved, it must be emphasized, was a reputed master of the blade.

Hiddenhart

In response to the narrowing of the eyes, Meliadoul merely sighed to herself. She wanted so desperately to correct what she viewed as a weakness with his stance and emotions. But, she had better things to think about, as she stepped back, affording him the chance to try striking. She couldn't believe he had the...the..gall to challange her! Not that he was weak, it was that anyone with a pulse and a sense of intelligence knew better then to challange her...a reputed mistress of swords. "But, one must practice...I suppose." She thought as she watched him.

Mr. Vyce

Wiping off a bead of sweat from his forehead, he took in a deep breath of the cool night air and tried to refine his current stance, drawing his Masamune back in a dual-grip. Despite the relaxed smile on his face, his lithe body was tensed like a steel spring as he waited for Meliadoul's next assault. Though he was considerably outmatched in a dual of blades, to put it nicely, he was still able to hold his own against one of the Knights Templar, warriors of such elite calibur only the High Confessor could command them. Ignoring the slight night breeze and the chirping of some nearby birds, the black-haired Ark Knight actually beckoned her with one palm, the cool smile morphing into a direct mirror of the Divine Knight's smirk.

Hiddenhart

Meliadoul watched him carefully, knowing he was more then capable of beating her. When he beconed her, though, anger filled her...but she tempered it, remembering her training. "Stay calm..." She whispered, suddenly striking quickly. She aimed right at his torso, swinging with both hands. Her eyes went from cold to curious, to see how he would block this attack. She had respect for her opponent...but he would fall or she would die trying to make him fall

Mr. Vyce

When the lethally beautiful knightsword came at his torso, it was due to his natural agility, rather than his skill with a blade, that he was not cut down to size. But now was the chance. Thrusting the Masamune downward to temporary lock blades with the Save The Queen, the force of Meliadoul's attack sent the blade flying out of reach. Determined not to allow her to capitalize, he spun around and managed to firmly, but warmly, wrap his arms around the Divine Knight's waist. Leaning forward, despite being unarmed, a slick smile graced his features.
"At the risk of getting that blade in my gullet...you're rather cute when you're angry."

Hiddenhart

She had not expected his dodge. She had to admit, that was new. But it was the disarming of him that she HAD expected. She merely smirked as she watched his sword fly. "He will n-" She was cut off suddenly by findinf him wrapping his arms around her waist. She blushed despite herself, hiding it with another smirk as she watched him. "You do know how to try your luck." She then nodded politely. "But thank you."

Mr. Vyce

"There's no need to thank me for speaking the truth." His arms still embracing the Divine Knight, the rush of energy combat always brought slowly left him as he placed his hands on top of hers. Without a single word, a soft ivory energy covered his hands and were swiftly transferred to the brown-haired woman's body. The few wounds she managed to take during that sparring session were soon healed, courtesy of a Cure. Once the healing magic faded, he still didn't feel any great hurry to seperate himself from Meliadoul, so his hands remained where they were.

Hiddenhart

"I guess that is why you have not lost your head yet to my blade." She sighed a bit as she felt the magic enter her and begin to cure the wounds she had suffered. Small as they were, she knew that even small wounds could bring her down...something she was not willing to happen. "I must help them all....for what they said was correct..." She thought as she barely noticed his hands still on hers. A minute later, though, she noticed and a small blush appeared on her face

Mr. Vyce

Still pretending not to notice her, at the risk of getting a rather vicious elbow, the male knight's eyes moved upward, staring up at the stars twinkling high above them, and indeed, the whole of Ivalice. Just seeing those lights, revealing a path in the darkness, made him feel at ease. It brought back memories, some good...some bad. In fact, every major event in his life, somehow, took place during nighttime, amidst a sea of stars. And for some strange reason, he felt like this would be yet another such night.

Hiddenhart

Meliadoul didn't even look at him. She had her own memories...her own flashbacks...all triggered by the stars above. Much like his memories functioned, the stars were a reminder of her own past and present. The fights, the confrontations...all rushed back to her as she enjoyed a view of the night sky. As she looked up at the expanseless sky, she was struck by how much of the world it covered...

Mr. Vyce

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" His voice was softer than normal, as if to speak in his normal pitch would desecrate the moment. Pulling away from the green-garbed woman, he walked over to his Masamune and sheathed it fluidly. "Sometimes, whenever I'm feeling alone or sad, I like to look at the stars too."

Hiddenhart

"Stars are wonderful things..." Meliadoul let slip out softly. She walked after him, watching him sheathe the sword. She sheatehd her own sword. "They hold so many memories for me..of the times before I fought alongside you..." She then looked around and sighed deeply. "Let's find somewhere safer to relax..."

Mr. Vyce

Following her lead, the Ark Knight looked around for a quiet, secluded spot away from the growing ruckus of the nearby town. Where, even if just for a moment, there can be peace from this cycle of battle and bloodshed. The Gods only knew how many people--men, women, the elderly, even children--he had healed in his life, how many he had seen slip away despite his best efforts...how many he himself had killed. Whoever had first claimed dealing death got easier with constant practice was a liar or a natural sadist.

Hiddenhart

Meliadoul had her own doubts. Before she met Ramza and co., she had no problem killing. Her reputation was built on death, her sword dancing and killing the foes of her life. But now, having met Ramza and joined their group, she had gained a conscience. She now had second-guessed each kill. "...." She noticed a quiet place and merely walked over to it.

Mr. Vyce

Maintaining that silence, seeing his ally was lost in her own thoughts, the white-clothed knight merely followed Meliadoul, the grass wet and moist beneath his boots. Chancing another look at the stars, he bit back a sigh, the teasing of the last few minutes long forgotten. Nights like these were beautiful, but they always seemed to bring up old regrets within the soul, of past mistakes made and foolish choices. It was on a night like this, the moon full and stars ablaze in the midnight sky, that he made a choice that would color his life from that day forward...

Hiddenhart

"....." Meliadoul turned to face him, sighing. She remembered a kill from her past. SHaking her head, she desired not to think of these things anymore. But she couldn't escape her past as the stars and moon reminded her of kill after kill. Enemy after enemy, cut down as her reputation grew...and then...facing Ramza...and Edward.

Mr. Vyce

Finally deciding to rest against a nearby oak, his back to the slightly moist bark as life on the road drilled into him ("Never rest in an area where your back is vulnerable"), he rested against its base, sighing as he turned to the pensive Divine Knight. "A gil for your thoughts, Meliadoul?"

Hiddenhart

"...just remembering the past is all..." The Divine Knight didn't sit down but stood against the tree, back to it. She smiled weakly. "I remember this spot...had a fight here once. Young knight, full of promise. Fought hard but in the end, he had to flee. (Cookie if you can guess this cameo!!)." She then smiled. "You owe me one gil." She smiled down at Edward.

Mr. Vyce

"I hope that, being a lady of the Church, you'll accept putting that on my tab." Though Edward returned the smile, it didn't quite meet his eyes as he met the jade-colored gaze of the swordmaster.
"The past, always following us like our shadows." Image flew through his head of a female with brown eyes, a joyous smile and a warmth that far outshone her frail body. Even years after the fact, it took effort not to let a tear drop. "No matter what you do, you can't hide from it, or change it. All you can do is try to live with it."

Hiddenhart

"I guess I have no choice." She replied with a smile. a small smile that faded. "Do not worry about the past...." She then sat down, looking at her feet. "...are you thinking of your mother again?" She asked, not unkindly, as she watched him.

Mr. Vyce

For a few moments, Edward didn't answer her, his eyes focused on a collection of stars as if he were trying to divine his fate from them. Aside from the occasional night breeze and ribbit of frogs, the only audible sound was that of the Arc Knight making sure his Masamune was in reach, lest some drunken brawler or would-be bounty hunter come looking for an easy payoff.
"You know...she used to always wake me up to look at the stars on clear evenings like this." Quietly, he shifted so his cloak would seep up the moistness of the grass. "I used to hate it, honestly. But that's always the way, is it not?"

Hiddenhart

"...." Meliadoul kept her sword at arm's reach as well, making sure nothing could get to them before she acted. "It's the way it is I guess...at least you have god memories...." She seemed a little bitter... "I see....at least you remember your mother...I don't remember anything regarding my mother or father...."

Mr. Vyce

Edward felt a wave of sympathy go out to her. She was right: He may not have had any memories of his father, but he could at least comfort himself with pleasant memories of his mother. The woman sitting beside him couldn't remember her mother, and her father...the last time he even mentioned his name, the look she gave him made him convinced she would tear his heart out of his chest if he repeated it.