Thought on an Avatar (The Airbender or Korra Era)

Started by cabalxxvi, August 03, 2014, 12:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saiyuri

Quote from: Juggtacular on August 12, 2014, 05:17:27 PM
I don't want to spoil anything, but the villains in the newest book are pretty awesome. I don't know if we should focus on them though since the storyline isn't even finished.

Agreed! They are so bad ass! lol

cabalxxvi

So, I know the series isn't over yet, but I was thinking that an unexpected sickness takes the Avatar, and a new one is thrust upon the world almost immediately. I believe it was an earth bender that's next?

I was thinking of doing the Avatar myself, but don't know where I would begin to even make the character. Going to do the OOC thread now. So bear with me.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

Saiyuri

Quote from: cabalxxvi on August 13, 2014, 04:17:20 PM
So, I know the series isn't over yet, but I was thinking that an unexpected sickness takes the Avatar, and a new one is thrust upon the world almost immediately. I believe it was an earth bender that's next?

I was thinking of doing the Avatar myself, but don't know where I would begin to even make the character. Going to do the OOC thread now. So bear with me.

Yes, earth should be next. And maybe because of harmonic convergence maybe a normal earth bender or metal bender one day began bending other elements? And all our characters could be either people looking for you or friends you already have that are trying to help you master and understand your new abilities??? >w<

I'm sure the others have ideas that can help too!!

cabalxxvi

I would love to have all the input that I can to make the game as good as I can.

K posting the OOC thread Now, but I am super organized, do they allow me to have subthreads within my thread?

Also should I post the actual game when it gets to that point to the Light, or Extreme? How much smut does any players want?

yasarra

You could just place it in extreme, whether it goes down that road or not, that way, you're safe if it does. 

cabalxxvi

I have placed the thread here. Airbender The new Era - OOC!

Please take your OOC comments there. I am going to be working on a character thread here soon as well.

cabalxxvi

I am going to place the rules in the top of the character creation thread, and then start accepting characters.

Divine Tenacity

Group Games: 0 (pending) | Solo Games: 2  | Post(s) Owed: 2

Check out my Request Thread!

yasarra

The template should be up soon.  Looks like our leader is working on it. :)  There's a link from the OOC thread.

cabalxxvi

Not yet, working on that now. I have the threads up though.

OOC Thread

Character Portfolio

I am going to post the character sheet in here, and on the roster thread. I will have it done quick.

cabalxxvi

Update, on the thread post number 1 has the character sheet (for now) it may be updated and I will let everyone know when or IF it is changed in any way.

Divine Tenacity

WIP
Name - Kira Arrancar
Age - 19
Bender or Non Bender - Bender
Element - (Still undecided between Earth and Fire)
Nation - Republican

Description - WIP

Allegience - WIP

[/b]Bio - [/b] WIP

Saiyuri

Name - Mei Yun (Which means Beautiful Cloud)
Age - 18
Bender or Non Bender - Newly became a bender
Element - Air
Nation - Formerly Earth Nation, now Air Nation
Skill Level - Novice
Occupation- Writing and Reading teacher in her former residence, an Earth Nation orphanage

Description - Mei has been an orphan her whole life. Growing up with nothing she was accustom to not owning any worldly possessions and being in solitude. As a child she loved hearing stories about the avatar before she and the other children would be put to bed. Fascinated by the air nomad culture, Mei would get her hands on every book she could find to learn more about them. Soon she became well versed in air nation culture, history and habits. Never having been blessed with the abilities to bend, Mei spent most of her energy trying to become one with the spirit world through meditation. As harmonic convergence blended the two worlds together, she felt her bond become even stronger with the spirits that now inhabited our world.  Also, along with the appearance of spirits she was granted the ability to air bend. Having studied the air nomads religiously, Mei was able to pick up the basic forms quite easily from the texts she had borrowed. She is a sweet girl, quiet and calm. She loves to meet and make new friends and would rather talk out disagreements than fight or be part of a confrontation. Her dream has always been to travel to the air temples but her ties to the Earth Nation has always kept her grounded. Wanting to give back to her former place of residence, Mei has been teaching the current orphans how to read and write since the woman that formerly taught has since passed. 

Allegiance - Formerly Earth nation, now Air nation.

Bio - Mei Yun stands at 5 feet 8 inches and weighs approximately 120 lbs. She is physically fit and has great flexibility and agility. Her hair is a short pixy cut style the color of snow. Her eyes that of faded jade, warm and always happy. She wears the customary colors of the air nomads; garb consisting of yellows, oranges, and reds.  Also, on her left wrist she bears a tattoo of the air nation emblem of the spiral orb.

cabalxxvi

HAHA Saiyuir, just read your character, and we have similar back stories. How funny.

Approved - Saiyuri

Saiyuri

Quote from: cabalxxvi on August 13, 2014, 07:13:09 PM
HAHA Saiyuir, just read your character, and we have similar back stories. How funny.

Approved - Saiyuri

Oh my gosh, I just finished reading yours and thought the same exact thing!!! lol That's so awesome.
And wooo! Thank you!  ;D

Should I throw my sheet in the main thread than or wait?

cabalxxvi

You can add the sheet to the main thread any time now.

cabalxxvi

I will have the IC thread posted tomorrow so that I have enough time to get a great history, and opening setup. I will also be doing a large amount of Education on the main IC thread as well for people that get interested that don't know anything about Avatar.

Downfall347

Hey. So I have been stalking this thread waiting to post till I got a solid character idea. The question being could you see a place in this story for a former equalist chi blocker seeking redemption for his sins during the time of Amon?

cabalxxvi

That could have a super interesting twist on it, and a very unique Idea for sure. I like it.

Downfall347

Excellent. I will start working on a profile tonight.

Downfall347

Name - Norou (Means Curse)
Age - 26
Bender or Non Bender - Non-Bender. (Chi-Blocker)
Element - N/A
Nation - Fire Islands
Skill Level - Master Chi Blocker
Occupation Unemployed, Fugitive

Description -
Norou is an imposing man standing 6'3 with length, flexible limbs and a body hardened and toned by a lifetime of hardship. He is a man who carried conflict with every step, the smallest gestures seeming to hide the violence which rolls underneath the surface. His hair is black, and he is of the typical pale complexion for anyone from the Fire Islands. Also as is typical he has yellowish gold eyes and a surely disposition. Norou hardly speaks, and when he does its often only to threaten those who stand in his way. But, under it all, there is something else. For those whom he calls comrades he will move heaven and earth. An incredibly driven and loyal man he often pushes himself beyond what is necessary or even safe, preferring to show his loyalty and compassion in actions rather than word.

Allegience - None at this time

Bio - Norou was never wanted. His family line was a proud one, or it was until his great uncle Admiral Zhao was defeated by the child Avatar Aang. Fire benders of uncommon skill the family was careful to only allow marriages which yielded the greatest possible chance for the creation of a new fire bender. Norou was the first born of his father, Caro, and as such was expected to do great things. Imagine the shock when the bending talent failed to manifest in the child. Whatever his name had been before that revelation was lost to time and stricken from the family records. From that moment on his name was Norou, a permanent mark upon himself, a testament to the shame of his weakness.

His early childhood is pot-marked with moments of intense violence and abuse, his father, mother, and siblings all fire benders with their eyes on genetic supremacy. Even with the old fire nation gone they were of the aristocracy who supported Fire Lord Ozai, and old habits died hard, even under Fire Lord Zuko's rule. At the age of twelve he was sent away to a distant friend of the family in Republic city. It was this same friend who saw the hate growing inside him, and took him to his first Equalist rally. He took to the movement with exceptional passion, quickly becoming a lieutenant in the movement. So prolific was his rise that Amon graced Norou with the chance to become a Chi Blocker, to become a living weapon to the Bender controlled tyranny. He proved to be a warrior of exceptional ability, learning the basic nerve strikes in a month. In another three there were few who could match him and Lord Amon was sending troops to him for training.

For the first time in his life, Norou was happy. Sure, it was hard work but here he could be more than the family curse. He could be a warrior, one who would one day march into his families home and level the playing field between them all for good. But, as these things go, it all came crumbling down. Amon was outed for the bender he was and the movement collapsed. Norou, like so many others, went into hiding. Many continued the mission, proving themselves to be thorns in the side of the city for some time, but for Norou the war was over. The glorious revolution would never come. Whats more, once outside the regimented dogma of the movement the guilt had room to worm its way in. He had attacked Benders, dozens of them, hundreds. Disabled them and fed them like rats to the terrible maw of Amon who stole from them the very thing that made them special. At this thought, Norou swore he would make amends. Somehow, he would use the technology and training Amon had supplied him to do something that mattered.

All he needed now, was a cause worth fighting for.

Downfall347

Image was WAY bigger than I planned and I'm not sure how to shrink it. Sorry!

Divine Tenacity

Quote from: Downfall347 on August 13, 2014, 10:57:37 PM
Image was WAY bigger than I planned and I'm not sure how to shrink it. Sorry!

Should help.

ZephySempai

use this code below.

[img height=300]Insert Image URL Here[/img]

SheerFantasia

PROSPECTIVE FIREBENDER

Name - Asura Jinroh
Age - 25
Bender or Non Bender - Bender
Element - Fire
Nation - Fire Nation
Skill Level - Master Firebender
Occupation - Gangleader of the Azure Demons.

Description -  Asura Jinroh is an individual of average height, standing at 5' 8" with an unkempt mane of raven-black hair tied in high ponytail contrasting with his feral yellow eyes.  He is athletic and hard bodied, as becomes an adept of firebending, as well as from long, hard days on the road and countless duels in the criminal underworld, during his rise.  A skilled firebender, Asura’s firebending displays the infamous characteristic blue flames of his grandmother, Azula.  As the Azure Devil of the Azure Demons, he has had metallic blue dragons tattooed on his forearms, as though coiled around it (lesser members only on their left arms).  He typically dresses in loose black fitting clothes, with a long blue sash tied around his waist.  He has a suit of red armour, styled in the fashion of the Metalbending Police Force (but without the cables and equipment), though he rarely uses it unless paying 'official' visits to rival gangs or during 'war time' (such as the Anti-Bending Revolution) or other chaotic upheavals.

Though mild-tempered, time and interaction with Asura reveals a ruthless and pragmatic undercurrent in his approach to problems.  If not friendly in his dealings, he is at the very least polite.  The sharp critical gaze of his amber eyes and a contemplative manner, indicate a hard intelligence combined with a certain degree of spiritual awakening, not otherwise found or expected in someone of his criminal proclivity.  He has a fair degree of loyalty to those he call friends or allies, as well as the generous nature of a mafia boss (without the strings).  However, when fighting breaks out, all concepts of honour or fairness breaks down.

Never one to discount anything, Asura has taken the unorthodox step of studying and practising the philosophies of other bending styles to alter and improve his capability in firebending, whilst practising both martial and sword arts for times when subtlety is necessary and firebending too flashy.  Combustionbending has been of interest to him, but so far the ability eludes him, and he has turned his attention elsewhere.  Through observation of water benders, he has learned to redirect lightning, and from earth benders to control and redirect heat as well as increase the physical force and combustive effects of his blue flames.  Now he awaits to see what his study of air bending will reveal...

Despite living in Republic City and growing wealthy off of it, Asura rarely has anything good to say about it, preferring to reminisce fondly on his homeland in the Fire Nation in quiet moments.  Despite this, he finds it hard to let go of the wealth and luxuries he has grown accustomed to having access to, and always finds reasons to delay going back to his homeland.

Allegiance - Fire Nation

BIO - Asura Jinroh was formerly minor aide to a provincial administrator within the Fire Nation.  His gentle and unambitious manner as a child made him an easy target for bullies and those willing to climb over others to achieve their goals.  Unfortunately for those people, Asura was the grandchild of Azula, and equally prone to mental instability.  Though his breakdown was not as flashy or violent as his grandmother, it was no less dangerous.  Cold rage giving him focus, Asura poured all his time and effort into conditioning his body and advancing his capability in firebending.  Possibly because of his mental instability, Asura has, on occasion, confided that the spirit of Azula herself sees to his instruction.  Though there has been no way to verify this, he has accomplished more on his own than most ever could, and, as though to give credence to his words, his firebending manifests blue flames (though it could simply be genetic throwback).

Once he re-emerged from the shadows, Asura quickly vented his frustrations on those who had picked on him when he was younger, easily outclassing them.  Many of them had become gang members of the criminal underworld and when Asura roundly humiliated them, their gangs came for revenge and Asura beat their enforcers in turn.  His display of skill and power, along with his ferocity and blue flames, earned him the nickname and title of Azure Devil and soon had a gang of his own, formed from those who respected strength.  Though irritated by this development, Asura has chose to keep them around and turn them to more honourable paths - a task that has proven to be easier said than done - though to this day, the Azure Demons, as they call themselves, have a lot more discipline and honour compared to their contemporary rivals, enough so that they are sometimes called the Noble Demons.

During the abortive Anti-Bending Revolution, Asura kept the Azure Demons on low profile, preferring to stay out of the conflict, seeing it as an annoyance from misguided zealots, not worth the time to fight.  Since Harmonic Convergence, Asura has found the emergence of airbenders fortuitous, as it gives him a chance to observe a bending style he has rare access to.  Wasting no time, he has divested himself from the day to day running of the Azure Demons, leaving it to his lieutenants so that he can leave to see the principles of airbending first hand.

Theme Music: Judge, Jury, and Executioner