News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Muppet bloopers!

Started by Vekseid, April 01, 2008, 10:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vekseid

Sabby

Trieste

... I don't get it ...  ??? *feels all uncool*

MagicalPen

*hugs trieste and jumps in the same boat as her*

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

EGFrost

“It has been my experience that folks who have no vices have very few virtues.” - Abraham Lincoln

Stattick

i don't get it either. *climbs aboard w/ Trieste and Silvestine*
O/O   A/A

Mindhazingsquid

It's a very well done redub.  Beaker only ever speaks in "Mee mee mee"s.  I think he was actually singing "Feelings".

strangely made

Weirdly this was posted on another Forum I belong to a few hours earlier.

What's the sudden obsession with Rick Astely?

Sabby

The Rick Roll is a joke you find a lot on websites like Youtube that host videos. Say you were doing a search on... if I had to pull a pop reference out of my head, 'Britney Spears' and see a video entitled "Britney Spears in a Coma after Car Accident" enticing link, you think you've hit something cool, click it, and then groan as you realized you fell for the old Rick Roll.

I get it all the time. I see a video for a game I'm looking forward to, think "Hell yeah!" click....... "Dammit! Rick Roled!"

Stattick

So, what's this Rick Roll joke then, I don't get it. Is it just getting someone to click on/download something they think they want only to produce something else?

???
O/O   A/A

Sabby

Pretty much... see a link that sounds cool, load the video, get Rick Rolled.

Trieste

Yeah, I don't get why it's funny. I've had it happen a few times, and it's like "... okay, I got the lolcat thing. That was funny. This? Just annoying."

It's about as funny as the guys who used to drive by in high school and yell "WAZZAAAAAAAAP" out the window. :P

The Great Triangle

It's a meme, it burrows into people's brains to acheive parasitic reproduction, thereby causing people who are sensitive to such influences to propagate the thought virus.

Truly, it is a new form of life on earth, which will perhaps one day evolve to sentience and self awareness.
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Mindhazingsquid

I must be very slow.  I still don't understand.  I thought it was just Beaker being redubed. T_T

Stattick

Well, some of the muppets at one point held up signs saying something about "rick roll" or something. I didn't really catch it too well, but it was there.

So, in other words, to me it sounds like getting someone to click on something that they probably won't like, but it's a joke instead of asshattery because you include the words "rick roll". Hrrmmm....

Ok, well I think I "get it", but I personally don't think it's funny. See, what I would think is funny, is sending my buddy a link with severe and explicit warnings that he should never, ever click on it. And then making sure that the link lives up to the severity of the warnings. Then when he bitches, I laugh in his face, and tell him, "I told you not to click on it!"
O/O   A/A

The Great Triangle

I should point out that this isn't really about being funny, its about an exotic form of life propagating itself.  Basically, the rick roll is the internet getting a case of herpes.   :)

(Definately should have used protection with that 4chan girl.)
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Apple of Eris

Maybe the fact that a link titled 'Muppet bloopers' was posted on april 1st leading to a video of muppets coving a bad 80's song was the whole point? You know, like an april fools joke?

I wouldn't put that past Vekkie. he's subtle like that.
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Elvi

Would have been Apple, but it was posted on the 2nd of April,
Muppet bloopers!
« on: 02 April 2008, 04:39:38 »

Oh hang on.....it would have been 10pm(ish) april 1st, his time, when it shows 4am(ish) april 2nd our time....

I blame the drugs....He just has to get the medication level right....*grins*
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Vekseid

Quote from: Elvi on April 05, 2008, 06:03:24 AM
Would have been Apple, but it was posted on the 2nd of April,
Muppet bloopers!
« on: 02 April 2008, 04:39:38 »

Oh hang on.....it would have been 10pm(ish) april 1st, his time, when it shows 4am(ish) april 2nd our time....

I blame the drugs....He just has to get the medication level right....*grins*

Yes well I live in a time zone that matters Central Time : )

Elvi

Well if it mattered that much it wouldn't be designated as + or - GMT would it?
So......there is only one time that matters and that's the time that I am in....*sticks out tongue*

Sabby

Apple of Eris

I am so sorry for you...  ;D
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

SerpentKiss

Ok...first thing's first. If you pull an April Fool after midday, it is considered bad luck for the person who did it and a bad omen for the year.

Secondly. A long long time ago, on an internetz far far away, a super link was put up, describing something amazing and beyond human comprehension. I think it was for a game or movie or something. When you clicked on the link, however, you got a music video for 'Never Gonna Give You Up', by Rick Astley. This happened on April Fool's Day and was a prank by the game company/movie company/wtv it was. Ever since, this has become a tradition and people hide these music videos and such all over the place. This later became known as 'Rick Rolling'.

Elvi

it was still 'before midday' somewhere in the world, so as this is an international site, then he's safe...*grins*

Celestial Goblin

This video pretty much sums up my feelings on this whole 'Rick Rolling' phenomenon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU