Image in signature

Started by Dray, April 04, 2010, 12:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dray

Every time I try to add an image in my signature putting the [img][/img] around the link and then submit it...well let's say it does not work, in fact when the page refreshes my signature is blank and completely void of any text whatsoever that had been within the img tags and the img tags themselves are gone as well...the image I am using is not that large either...it just will not let me put images in my signature for some reason.  In the past I knew we could, has that changed?

Oniya

Signature images have to be uploaded to the wiki.  There was a big problem a while back with off-site images crashing and preventing the SB from loading.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

jouzinka

Bliss wrote a guide how-to. Upload images to the wiki.  ;)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

HockeyGod

In order to embed images in your signature, you need to follow a few steps. They are relatively easy, but must all be followed. Here they are:

Step 1: Image

The best images for a signature are no larger than 100 pixels in height. Any images larger than this will require a scroll bar. You need to add the text to the image yourself using a graphic design program. If you aren't sure how to do this, try asking in a thread in the Help Board. You should keep your images with the same decency as your avatar image as signatures are public and can be viewed by unapproved people. Read up on the image policy. Also remember that there is a five image limit to the signatures.

The image must be uploaded through the Elluiki. Pay careful attention to the categorizing of images. The site provides you with all the necessary steps to uploading an image.

Keep the Elluiki open in a tab or browser window, you'll need the image link later.

Step 2: Thread

You can link any threads to your signature, but the most common are Ons/Offs, Apologies/Absences, and Characters/Stories. You need to find which thread you'd like to link for an image.

To create an on/offs thread, visit the appropriate board for either Lords, Ladies, or Lieges. Start a new thread and list your ons and offs. Check out those listed to get some examples.

Keep this thread open in a tab or browser window, you'll need the thread link later.

Step 3: Profile

Open a new tab or browser window and visit your forum profile. In the bottom of the forum profile you'll find a text box for the signature. In the signature profile enter the following code.

NOTE: You need to remove the 3 * and enter your link information where noted.

[center*][url*=your_thread_link][img*]http://your_elluiki_image_link[/img][/url][/center]

When you've entered the information, click "Change Profile."

Test it by viewing it in an active thread.

Don't trust your profile page for the height of the signature, it is not the same height as the actual signature. You might see a scrolling bar in your profile, but if you used the 100 pixel high image, you won't see this in the normal threads.