I have a abundance of Avatars

Started by Shadowsire, October 10, 2008, 07:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowsire

I have almost a hundred Avatars and Quite a few Luis Royo art books to make more from I was wondering is there was a place I could up load them.  Or can I start a thread and post them there.  I would really Like to share and can even make one to order if a person has a picture they want made into one.  I know not everyone is good with computers but everyone likes a good looking avatar.  Let me know also let me know where if I can post a thread either to put the Avatars on or put a add up to make avatars for those who want them.   

Thank you in advance

Discord: Shadowsire#2706

Greenthorn

Might want to PM Dawg.  He will be running the avatar column for the paper *winks*

MagicalPen

I don't think Shadow intends this for the Newsletter (?). I would suggest just posting them (here or on Elluki) for everyone to access, much like people do with their own artwork already.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

NightBird

Also, be aware that not all artists are okay with their work being used in this manner. Boris Vallejo, Julie Bell, Nene Thomas and Rowena all will send (or have their attorney send) cease and desist orders if they see their work used in any manner online, whether it's for commercial gain or not. It is within their right to refuse to allow their work to be cropped or otherwise altered (Visual Artist Rights Act).

I've not heard of Luis Royo objecting, but I thought I should mention that it's against site rules to discuss the violation of copyright (rule 4: Obey the law), and scanning images from a book to upload for online use is technically a violation of copyright, thus against both US and international intellectual property law.

Shadowsire

Well then consider the Subject closed and I did not say I was scanning them I received them in Digital copies of the books.  But if offense is to be taken then I shall with draw my offer and keep the avatars to myself or delete them.

Discord: Shadowsire#2706

ShrowdedPoet

Quote from: MagicalPen on October 10, 2008, 07:41:56 AM
I don't think Shadow intends this for the Newsletter (?). I would suggest just posting them (here or on Elluki) for everyone to access, much like people do with their own artwork already.

Newspaper and we will have an avitar section in our Newspaper so it would be wonderful if he would share the avitars if they do not break any laws or what not.
Kiss the hand that beats you.
Sexuality isn't a curse, it's a gift to embrace and explore!
Ons and Offs

Vekseid

A few thumbnails of a selected author's work (ie, a set of avatars) tends to fall under fair use. A comprehensive set of said thumbnails, or full-sized (more than ~400 pixels to a side or so) begins to push it.

Anyway, if you have a zip file of a bunch of avatars, I can always upload them to a new directory.

NightBird

I just wanted to clarify that I've takes no offense! I just thought I should point out that some atists object and some don't, and that wholesale scanning, like the whole book mentioned, is technically illegal. The fact that we're non-commercial will keep a lot of artists from obfecting, but some are bulldogs about no use and especially no modification.

Worst casean artist or representative will tell you to take it down. It's only if you fail to do so when asked that real nastiness would ever happen.