Idea / Interest check - The Island

Started by HairyHeretic, March 13, 2009, 02:34:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HairyHeretic

I know I'm not exactly posting much at the moment, but I said I'd write this up here this evening, so here goes ...

- - - -

There is an island that does not appear on any nautical charts, far removed from the closest shipping lanes. Quite a lot of money and influence has been expended to ensure that this continues to be the case. Rumours of it occasionally surface, on conspiracy theory forums, and soon drift back down where other long forgotten things go.

Amongst a .. certain level .. of society, there is a little more solid information, but it is such that is only discussed quietly, with those one trusts. Yes, the island is real. Yes, all you've heard is true. An invitation? Well, that takes a lot more doing. Money changes hands, favours are bargained, and perhaps .. just perhaps .. the Master of the island will extend an invitation.

The island is a retreat, of sorts. It is a place where the rules and conventions of society do not apply, and the only laws are those of the Master of the island.

His seat of power is too much to be called simply a mansion. Castle is a better fitting word. Much of the rest of the island is wilderness, which is as is intended, for this island is for those who enjoy to hunt ... the thrill of the chase .. the fear scent of the prey hanging in the air .. their laboured breathing as they are finally cornered .. and then, to the victor the spoils of the hunt.

- - - -

As you've probably gathered, it's not beasts being hunted, but people, and I'm sure the spoils can be figured out equally easily. I envision the game as capable of running the gamut of threads from consensual (the staff of the mansion are only too pleased to be of service, and the mansion contains fully equiped play rooms, hot tubs, bedrooms and so forth for the comfort of the guests), through to NC (the hunters and hunted, running around in the wilderness outside the castle), and possibly further.

For a genre, I'm leaning towards urban fantasy, as this allows for the likes of vampires and werewolves amongst the hunters, and more exotic prey as well (nekos would probably be fairly popular). How challanging of a prey a hunter wants could be worked out between whoever was wanting to take part.

A pool of hunters and prey would allow people to match up with someone compatable, and then each hunt could spin off into its own thread from there.

Prey would generally be taken from the outside world, possibly taken to order for a particular hunters preferences. Part of the Masters price of admission is favours and his web is spun wide indeed. After all .. he's been doing this for a long, long time. A few keystrokes in the right place, and a person can vanish. A terrible car accident, and the prey is rushed off in an ambulance, and then ... vanishes. They wake to find themselves elsewhere.

So ... anyone interested?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Haibane

Hehehm. When I saw this I thought you meant The Island ;)

Very nearly the same thing, though your idea has a different slant.

I might be interested by the way... if you change the name ;)

Doomsday

Sounds pretty fun, the idea of being hunted. I'd probably just play a normal human.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Haibane on March 13, 2009, 05:50:19 PM
Hehehm. When I saw this I thought you meant The Island ;)

*laughs* Coming up with names is always the tricky part. I was initially thinking Hunter / Prey or something along those lines. I'm sure I can find a non taken name.

Quote from: Haibane on March 13, 2009, 05:50:19 PM
Very nearly the same thing, though your idea has a different slant.

I might be interested by the way... if you change the name ;)

Name's ain't a problem. I haven't looked at yours so I can't say how similar they are. I doubt yours will have young women (or possibly others) being pursued through a wilderness by guys for whom mounting a trophy is taking on a whole new meaning  ;)

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Caeli

ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HairyHeretic

I think that name's been taken already .. film and manga, off the top of my head.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Caeli

That's okaaaay... what names AREN'T taken? :P
You could always subtext it, like -

Battle Royale: The Trophy Hunt

- only less cliche and tacky.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

HairyHeretic

I'm sure a title can be found, if there is interest enough in kicking a game off.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Foxy

I would be interested if it takes off. I would probably more likey be prey.

Federico

Sounds nice. How do you plan to actually play the chase?

It would be good to have a kind of a hide-and-seek support.

(I'm thinking again about Vassal, see https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=32438.msg1717296#msg1717296. But perhaps only because I'm curious about Vassal now)
Back after a long while - Ons and Offs | I am a baladeur
He started to dine at Denny's | From Friends

Imogen

I 'd be interested in participating :-)
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

Anti

HairyHeretic

Quote from: Federico on March 14, 2009, 05:09:51 PM
Sounds nice. How do you plan to actually play the chase?

That would be up to the individuals within each chase to decide on. I don't have anything hard and fast in mind.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Doomsday

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 14, 2009, 05:48:51 PM
That would be up to the individuals within each chase to decide on. I don't have anything hard and fast in mind.

I literally had the greatest idea for this game name.

"The Most Dangerous Game"

There's a short story with the same name. A rich Russian man owns a private island, and invites guests there, only to force them to flee into the surrounding jungle on the island, and then he hunts them.

Cedrick

Count me in as interested.

At first I was thinking Fantasy Island with Mr Rouke until you mentioned the hunt  ;D  Be interesting in seeing what the prey are allowed to have by way of clothes and resources since I am taking the hunt is a non-violent type in the sense my prey might turn around and hunt me next time.

Or am I completely off the track?
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62526.msg2810491#msg2810491
<a href=" https://elliquiy.com/forums">
Cedrick Please Read

HairyHeretic

The prey might be able to fight back, but it's more likely they'd just try to evade for as long as possible.

Of course, a hunter who was supremely confident in their abilities .. or who wasn't human .. might choose to give their prey some toys to make it more sporting. That can be negotiated within each hunt.

The Dangerous Game idea sounds good, but I think I'd want to tweak it towards something a bit more erotic. I'm sure something suitable could be found.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Avis habilis

HairyHeretic

Maybe something like Primal Law or Primal Conquest ...

For those who are interested, can I get an idea if you'd be interested in playing hunter, prey or both, and if you want to run one character or several (in any role). Once I have an idea of firmer numbers I'll see about setting up a few threads to start with.

Is everyone ok with an urban fantasy setting? Maybe slightly more advanced than our own world, where genetic modification has allowed for the creation of human/animal hybrids. While technically they have the same rights as other sentients, they do suffer discrimination, being seen to some degree as second class life.

Vampires, lycanthropes and other such beings, long the stuff of legend, do exist, but not openly. They exist in the shadows of the world, leading double lives when they choose to step outside those shadows. And there are those in power, both in the shadows and the light, who ensure that any who become too visible ... disappear again.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Crovonovin

I'd be quite interested in playing one of the hunters in this sort of scenario.  Your mention of genetically altered humans also intrigues me...  I'm perfectly alright with that, and the inclusion of more mythical creatures.

Haibane

Quote from: HairyHeretic on March 13, 2009, 06:09:13 PMI haven't looked at yours so I can't say how similar they are. I doubt yours will have young women (or possibly others) being pursued through a wilderness by guys for whom mounting a trophy is taking on a whole new meaning  ;)
Er... I do have that in mind, yes ;)

Transgirlenstein

Would be interested in either role though I would prefear to be prey..maybe someone who was forcibly genetically modified for the hunt (animal human hybrid). 
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

HairyHeretic

The hybrids I'm thinking off are along the likes of the d20 Moderns ones (Moreaus). Not sure if there's a process for transforming a normal human into a hybrid .. that's taking either the science or magic a bit further along than I had thought off.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Biles

I wonder if this RP is still up for joining, as a person who likes playing a subby futa getting ravaged by tentacle-like creatures of creepy slimy things of the sort, this could appeal to me.
[tr][td]
Denai Academy
Student: Amara Yochumaru[/td][/tr][tr][td]Zootopia: Hybrid Theory
Animal: Mocha[/td][/tr][tr][td]The Run
Hunted: Xuna Bladereaver[/td][/tr][/table]

HairyHeretic

It will be once I actually get around to setting it up. I've been a bit busy with one thing and another.

Cattle die, kinsmen die