THE RED LADY CLUB - Demon storyline: The Club

Started by theminiarkana, April 07, 2016, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theminiarkana

OOC Thread
Info + Applications Thread

Setting: Modern Era

Demons walk among us. They sleep, eat, wake up, hop on the bus, and generally act as humans do. They have been secretly integrated into human society for as long as anyone can remember. Their disguises are near flawless, and they very rarely attack humans. Our world exists parallel to theirs and has done so for a long time.

There are, of course, a few demons of a more chaotic nature who attempt to take their place at the top of the food chain. These demons are usually taken out by humans who have demonic blood - Demon Hunters.

Demon hunters are the result of a demon mating with a human somewhere along their bloodline. The nature of said demon depends on the characteristics that manifest inside the demon hunters. For example, a werewolf having mated with a human would mean that their children either be afflicted with the curse themselves or become immune to the curse altogether, retaining a few animalistic characteristics. A person with a strong succubus or incubus bloodline may find themselves obtaining a powerful and seductive aura. Some demon hunters control elemental magic; others can speak a range of demonic languages.

Welcome to the Red Lady

You find yourself in Nevada, USA, where there is a particular establishment. A bar that is considered neutral ground in all affairs where demons and humans go to work or to enjoy themselves. You all know of this place. You all frequent there after a long days work of hunting and restoring the balance. Whatever your particular fetish, whatever your wants, there is sure to be a demon or demon blooded there that caters to your needs.

This is the Red Lady.

It is run by a Demon Hunter family with particularly strong Succubus genes. They have run the estabilishment for what seems like an eternity, adapting with the changing times of each decade to cater to any and every need their patrons express.

The current owner is a woman named Avaline, who not only is a frequent face in the bar but is known to pleasure a few clients herself if they take her fancy. She seems perfectly content in using the powers her bloodline has given her to cater to demons and hunters alike. And all the while her ever-present guardian watches, a werewolf known as Sebastian.

The Red Lady is essentially a brothel underneath the cover of a lounge bar. It operates very successfully as both, where some people will come for a drink and some people will come for something more. It offers you a place to unwind and relax in any way you see fit, and can cater to any fetish you may have.

Avaline is in charge of everything, and be warned; if you intend to cause harm on her then you will swiftly feel claws tearing through your throat should Sebastian be keeping watch, which he always is. She has the air of someone who isn't all what she seems, like she isn't just 'helping' her patrons. Perhaps she's using her powers of manipulation for other means, but you can never be sure.

Welcome to the Red Lady.

----
----

This RP is one where a demon or a demon blooded human will cater to your needs in a particular scene. After or before that, you can all feel free to hang around, stay at the club and talk to other players, or talk to the other NPCs that are already in the establishment.

-----
-----

In this group, you can play Demons or Hunters, and either Workers or Patrons.

Demons are creatures that have existed for far longer than humans have roamed the earth. They mostly live on a seperate plane of existance simply called the Demon World, which is a world very similar but very different from our own. They can come in all shapes and sizes, from monstrousities to beauties. Anything that isn't human is considered a demon, so even things like elves, pixies, fairies, mermaids, stuff from fairytales and legends would be considered demons.

Demon Hunters are humans who have demonic blood. It can be quite potent and powerful or fairly watered down, giving only the barest of enhancements. Some demon hunters have no demonic blood at all and simply rely on new technology and weapons other hunters have invented. Bloodlines can come in as many variations as demons themselves, from elemental powers, to powers of manipulation, or immunties from curses. Hunters are simply called Demon Hunters regardless of if they actively hunt simply because it disinguishes them from normal humans.

Workers can be either Demon or Hunter, but must have met Mistress Avaline's personal approval to work there. You must have earned her trust, usually by doing some task for her or coming at a personal recommendation to her. They can work for the brothel side of things, catering to the desires of patrons with the many facilities hidden away in the backs of the club, or can simply work in the bar serving drinks and food and waiting tables.

Patrons can be either Demon or Hunter as well, and are not screen so thoroughly as the workers are, however there is a bouncer on the door to make sure no trouble is caused, and no average riff-raff is let through the doors. Many people are frequent regulars, both for the company and the drinks, and it isn't uncommon for hunters to choose it as their meeting place to swap information or gather intel.

After all, it's amazing what you hear in the midst of pleasure...

LeSane

I cannot lie my interests is peaked by this, and if I come up with anything I shall drop a pm.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

theminiarkana

Not an issue. Drop me a PM if you wish to know more about context and setting.
I believe that I am truly terrible when it comes to summarising, but I assume people get the gist.

LeSane

You aren't terrible believe me. Once I get off we can brainstorm a bit.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

MidnightSpade

Hey you know I'd be up for this considering this is our setting ;3 Playing Avaline sounds like fun, along with whoever else is in the club. Would be happy to rustle up some characters for it.

RavenBlackmoon

Might be interested in working at the club.

ZombieMania

This sounds really cool definitely interested O8)

theminiarkana

Excellent! It seems that there is a bit of interest registered here.

So I can easily run a few scenarios where the people working the club get customers. What sort of characters would you all wish to play?

RavenBlackmoon

I'm thinking a human with demon blood, probably a child of a incubus or succubus, there to help serve the sexual and sado-masochistic desires of the customers.

theminiarkana

That sounds like it would suit the club scene. I can always see Incubi and Succubi being a big thing at demon-related clubs. Very nice!
This would probably allow your character to have one of those auras that attract people.

theminiarkana

Description and initial plan for the RP has been updated.

Many thanks to MidnightSpade for aiding with this (he built this world with me).

theminiarkana

If people are still interested in this, here's the basic character creation -

So to create a character, all you need to do is fill in the form below:

Name:
Race: [if human write HUMAN; if half-blood/demon hunter write DEMON-BLOODED HUMAN]
Job Role: [if a hunter write HUNTER; if working at the club, state your job role]
Description: [paragraph]
Demon Bloodline: [what demon is in your bloodline?]
Abilities: [pick up to three abilities that this bloodline gives you - NOTE: needs to be related to the demon you chose]
Background: [Paragraphs]

Angie

I get the feeling succubi are going to be very...HIGHLY represented here.

Speaking of which, I have a sort of odd idea. What I'm thinking of is a succubus-blooded individual who's going the opposite way of most hunters-instead of using her gifts to hunt 'em down, she's attempting to basically go from half-demon to FULL-demon. She ends up using this particular club both as a place to gather information on how that might be possible and also because, well, gotta sate that thirst SOMEHOW...sound cool?
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

theminiarkana

I love that idea. In this particular world, it is more than possible to become full demon.
I would love to use that as your character's personal plotline.

Angie

Well then, let's get rolling, you Gaster Blaster Master Caster!

Name: Faye Zanarius
Race: Demon-Blooded
Job Role: Patron

Description: Being a succubus, she can't help but look incredibly sexy. Her default form is a white haired, light skinned lady with a rather large chest. She prefers wearing simple clothes unless she's dressing up for something-like, say, coming to the Red Lady. She likes to play with eye color, to the point that some other demons call them 'mood eyes'-she likes to change them to express emotion. If they flash pink, she likes you-fair warning. She has no tattoos or piercings (though she sometimes 'shifts' tattoos onto her skin).

Demon Bloodline: Succubus

Abilities: Shapeshifting: No duh. She can assume various human forms, tweaking and playing with her body until she comes out with the sexiest body imaginable. Her shapeshifting doesn't go much beyond normal human sizes and the coloration of certain things (she can do, say, 'gold skin' if she likes), but no demonic transformations or anything, which pisses her off to no end.
Aura o' Charm: Mortal humans around her are naturally attracted to her. Demon blooded, not so much.
Kiss of Death: Well, not so much 'death', but she can drain a person's energy with a kiss-and be satisfied as if she just ate a full meal. Humans are completely unaware that it's happening, anyone with demon blood can figure it out. If it is overused it can lead to a person being comatose and/or dead.

Background: Faye's mother was the demon, and she...well, she wasn't exactly around much. She disappeared without much of a trace. No one's quite sure how it happened. Her father did her best to raise her, but when you're dealing with half-blooded demons...to be fair, her talents didn't come out until puberty. When they did, well, things got a lot easier for Faye. She was fairly smart, but when the teachers all like you and have no idea why, it's a lot easier.

Well, except for the honest to god succubus she ran into as her senior year math teacher. By this point, Faye had had years to practice her abilities-and an admission from her father that her mother was a succubus, so she at least knew why she could transform and charm people. That teacher, however, took her aside and even showed off the fully demon side of herself to Faye, giving Faye something she had never had before: A peer. Someone who was like her. The pair immediately broke the rules of teacher/student conduct and started having relations with each other.

After graduation, Faye went off to college, and even managed to move in with Teacher Succubus. Her father had remarried years ago and had other kids, Faye decided it would be in her best interest-and the interest of all involved-if the half demon who was a walking charmer wasn't around a bunch of mortal humans who didn't know what the hell was going on. The pair of succubi now live together, and her former teacher turned lover has given Faye a new quest, something to do with her life:

Seek the secrets of becoming a full demon. Her former teacher didn't know how-it was something she never had to worry about, so why worry?

See, after learning about her powers, Faye didn't want to be half-human, she wanted to be full demon. Her power felt limited, and she wanted the full power that full demon blood came with. She is well aware of hunters, but knows they stay away from demons who mind their own business. After many searches, she has come to the Red Lady, where far more experienced demons are...

Ghostraven

This looks interesting; I'll see if I can think up a character for the game.

TTYL

Ghostraven

LamentingQuill

Name: Liliana Sinclare

Race: Demon-blooded human

Job Role: Club, wherever Avaline wants her.

Description: Liliana is a very sweet and mild mannered young lady, this raven haired beauty has gone to great lengths to highly educate herself on history, literature and the arts. Liliana stands at about five feet and two inches, she weighs approximately 115 pounds and is often affectionately described as a delectable little pixie for her height.
Long silken hair black as ebony reaching down the center of her back and eyes are pale blue as a January morning sky, her skin as creamy as fresh milk, her friends in high school liked to refer to her playfully as Snow White.

Demon Bloodline: Avarick the Seer, a demon known among the demonic persuasion to be a very powerful psychic, his abilities back in the day were sought after by demons from all over. It is rumored that Avarick was the child of a succubus by the name of Areeda and Chronos, the Greek god of time, resulting in Avarick's ability to glimpse both backward and forward in time. The parentage of Avarick was never proven without a shadow of a fact, but there are many that believe it.

Abilities: [pick up to three abilities that this bloodline gives you - NOTE: needs to be related to the demon you chose]

Visions- Liliana has the ability to see glimpses of the past and future, but she cannot control what she sees, when she sees it or anything, the visions will happen when they happen, regardless if she is prepared to receive them or not.

Clairvoyance- If a particular object has a history of a particularly powerful past, be it something joyful or traumatic, Liliana can touch the object and see the past it was involved in.

Demon allure- As a result of her father's mother having been a succubus, Liliana has always been described as particularly beautiful with an air about her that made men turn their heads to look at her with desire in their eyes.

Background:

Liliana was born to the human Marina and the psychic powered demon Avarick... though the events leading up to Liliana's birth were far from easy, Marina had not known that her boyfriend of three years was a demon, when he finally decided to be honest with her and offer this information to her with the intentions of asking her to marry him... Marina was uncertain how to feel about the revelation about her dear Avarick.
As it would turn out, Marina found out days later that she was pregnant and thus for the sake of the child within her, she accepted Avarick's proposal of marriage and threw away her past doubts, she had three years of nothing but love and devotion to look back on and Avarick had been a demon all that time, nothing bad had ever come of their relationship, so why would that change now? She loved him, demon or not, and they would love this child fiercely.

Liliana's mother worked as a secretary at her husband's detective agency, whereas Avarick was by far the most sought after detective in the whole state, though he never told any of his clients that his success was highly attributed to his psychic abilities, a lot of humans were not so willing to try and understand those kinds of things and he didn't want to scare anyone, Liliana herself worked part time of a secretary after high school before she went off to college. Her life had been full of love, security and joy with two of the most wonderful, supportive and most loving parents a girl could ever hope for.

However... not all good things can last forever...

On her college break, Liliana decided to go home and spend time with her parents... but when she arrived... she entered the home to find a bloody nightmare...
The house was in shambles as if there had been a terrible fight and her parents... they lay in the center of the sitting room, their bodies broken and bloody upon the floor... Liliana had to have sat there on her knees crying and screaming for at least an hour in her grief before she forced herself to compose herself, someone had brutally murdered her parents and she had no idea why... she needed help and she needed it immediately...
She couldn't go to the police, she knew the human law enforcement would never understand what had happened here and she knew the culprits had not been human... no mere human could have taken down her father, it just wasn't a possibility.
Liliana had heard her father once before talking to her mother about an establishment called The Red Lady and a woman named Avaline... he said he sometimes got some of his information there... so maybe... maybe this Avaline woman could help her... she knew her father, so maybe she might help her... she was pretty sure her father kept all the maps of his key information locations in the desk upstairs...

One thing was certain, she had nothing to lose by trying... so... off to The Red Lady she would go...

Angie

LamentingQuill

Very excited, cannot wait till we get started.

Ghostraven

Demon of the Lambent Kiss

Name: Shyeli Aezaela (Dark Amber)
Hair: Dark Violet/Black
Eyes: Green/Red
Height: 170cm (5'7")
Bust: 96cm (38in) [DD] Waist: 61cm (24in) Hip: 91cm (36in)
Shyeli human appearance

Physical Description: As a demon her 'normal' form is that of the classical seductive female demon, a succubus. An alluring female of lush curvy form counterpointed by claws, fangs, wings, horns and Tail Her wings allow flight but in earth’s environment, but it’s tiring to fly for long. Her claws are able to rend steel and her tail is the classic ‘devil's’ type ending in a razor sharp arrowhead. She has no piercings but sports several rune like tattoos in her demonic visage.

Her mortal seeming is usually that of a stunning raven haired beauty with bewitching emerald eyes and flawless ivory skin. She has a penchant to dress in vintage 30s and 40s clothing, often looking like she stepped right out of a noir film and into vibrant color.

Personality: Shyeli is best described as cunning, manipulative, deceitful, wanton and self-serving. All the traits that you would expect from a true demon of lust. She likes to be the center of attention and flaunt what she has has both in the physical sense as well as the metaphorical sense in secrets and information. She's smart enough make sure she knows her place in the hierarchy of things and shows deference and even submission to entities more powerful than her.  You don't get to make many mistakes in the nether realms by upsetting the demon more powerful than you.
Like all demons if she is bound by a contract or oath she will keep to her word, of course there is nothing keeping her form twisting poorly extracted contracts.

Race: Demon (Succubus)

Job Role: Patron/information broker

Demon Bloodline: Succubus; A succubus is a demon or supernatural entity in female form in folklore that and takes the form of a woman in order to seduce men, usually through sexual activity draining their vitality while corrupting them with dark vices and the carnal pleasures of the flesh.

Abilities:

• Shape-shift: She can assume animal or humanoid form. She typically uses this skill to appear as a bewitching, but normal seeming mortal female or hermaphrodite. She can assume small animal forms as well such as cats and ravens but she can not assume elemental forms.

• Essence Manipulation: Touch; She is able to manipulate thoughts and emotions of the touched creature, works on people as well as most living things with thoughts and emotions. It’s easier to push people down their current emotional path. So if they like her it's easy to make them really like her, fear can become true terror. Additionally memories tied to those emotions can be altered.
    Demon-Blooded and Demons are resistant but not wholly immune to the manipulation.

• Essence Draining: Touch; Drains any magical power then strength and stamina and if continued causes death. The effect amplifies the current emotional state and sensations of the victim. So pleasurable sensations become rapturous and painful become agonizing. Since mortal creatures seek pleasure it much easier to feed when your partner isn’t trying to get away. They are also less likely to realize what’s happening when it's slowly siphoned off, as opposed to being ripped violently away.
    Demon-Blooded and Demons are resistant but not wholly immune to the Drain.

Background:
Spawned from the everything and nothingness of chaos more than a millennia ago Shyeli is the child of the demoness Naamah, sired by the demon lord Astaroth, she has spent the bulk of her existence in the various domains of the nether realm. Her last time on earth was over 900 years ago summoned by the court wizard of the Emperor of the  Byzantine empire for a massive Bacchanal to celebrate a victory of empire.
Some 18 months ago she was summoned by a rogue Human magician. The arrogant and powerful but inexperienced mage managed to call her by using rituals locked in a long thought lost magical tome. The mage had the power and resources but not the necessary fineness or patients to properly research the summoning ritual in the ancient Book of Iod.
Undeterred he managed to successfully summoned a succubus but improperly bound Shyeli wasn’t compelled to obey her ‘masters’ commands. Not that it wasn’t fun to see how she could twist his commands to create the most...entertainment. Eventually her 'master' was tracked down by a band of hunters and Demon-blooded magicians. During the ensuing events she gleefully watched the Hunters put the magician down, quite violently.
Fully expecting that she would be sent back when her summoner was slain she waited to return to the netherworld. But nothing happened, she wasn't catapulted back as she had expected. So she found herself alone and unbound on Earth. After several weeks of exploring and learning about her strange new home in the Mortal world. She found other Demon and Demon-blooded entities operating in this mortal realm.Eventually making her way to Nevada, and the Red Lady. She has so far she has just attended the neutral ground of the club as a patron, taking time to learn who are the movers and shakers of the supernatural and mortal realms in this mortal city of sin. In the meantime she has accumulated a small fortune in worldly wealth, preying on the would be high rollers and celebrities and other wealthy patrons that frequent the city. Her talents have let her learn a lot of secrets and make a lot of potential contacts for information.

Let me know if I need to alter anything.

TTYL

Ghostraven

Re Z L

Hm...

Well if "demons" can be a variety of things what about an angel?  Fallen Angel probably more specifically, but the game did spark something of an idea in my head.  I could PM some more details if you're on the fence about it.
A&A

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Re Z L on May 25, 2016, 08:32:33 PM
Hm...

Well if "demons" can be a variety of things what about an angel?  Fallen Angel probably more specifically, but the game did spark something of an idea in my head.  I could PM some more details if you're on the fence about it.

Ooooh, a fallen angel sounds really cool, I'll be rooting for you to get a thumbs up on it :)

Re Z L

Quote from: LamentingQuill on May 27, 2016, 03:17:29 PM
Ooooh, a fallen angel sounds really cool, I'll be rooting for you to get a thumbs up on it :)

I guess that depends on if our host shows up  ;D

Speaking of, my general idea might tie in with your character as well (something of a private detective) maybe we could sort something out between us later   :-)
A&A

LamentingQuill

Quote from: Re Z L on May 28, 2016, 04:55:09 PM
I guess that depends on if our host shows up  ;D

Speaking of, my general idea might tie in with your character as well (something of a private detective) maybe we could sort something out between us later   :-)

Sure ^.^

Perhaps sweet little Lily gains the sympathy and compassion of a fallen angel ;)

theminiarkana

Fallen angels count in this world. Angels technically are a type of demon in this world.

Fallen angels merely strayed from the strict routines and regimes that angels have, so we're not welcome in their society.

I really approve of you all making all of these characters. I will await for you to make your profile and then I will set up a main thread for us all to start in.

New threads will be made for customers and the likes.

If the fallen angel wishes to engage in the aid of others, then we could let you both start your own thread for a conversation between you both. (Once characters are introduced that is).

I'll start making a thread now. It looks like we have enough players for this. Myself and Midnight Spade will post the profiles of the two main characters in the club after this.

Thanks for being patient.