Interest Check - Diceless System Made For Forums

Started by Maric, May 07, 2011, 05:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maric

I started this on another forum, but interest there seems to have died off.  Trying again here.

The initial concept was for a forums RP about an MMORPG with absurd amounts of sex which has somehow not been banned from anywhere by any kind of moral guardian (presumably the creators slept with exactly the right people).  Mostly, this was because that forum leaned more towards the rapid-fire two-liner kind of posting, and I wanted to come up with a good system to figure out why certain people would suddenly stop interacting with others.  Plus, the system's content (especially including some of the races) was geared far more towards that audience than this one, and I'm not sure how the system would go over with a more mature audience, not to mention some of the mechanics might not carry over well when writing two paragraphs is seen as the minimum and not the maximum.  But the system was nearly complete and ready to go, and since I'm really only about two or three pages away from having it finished, I was wondering if there was interest for trying out a diceless homebrew system.  Plot and setting are totally up for grabs, and one of the features of the system is that there is no DM, although the plotlines are almost inevitably going to end up a bit straitjacketed (less so than actual MMORPGs since other players will be writing different pieces of them as they happen).

AurelieCatena

Sure there is interest. Where can it be found?

Maric

It's stored on another website, and you'd have to log in to get to it.  Plus, chapter five (of five) of the rules was never finished.  I'd like a public place where I could throw the rules up where I could also take them down quickly, though.  If this proves to be popular, I'm considering trying to sell it online in PDF form for dirt cheap (something like $2.99 for the complete system and a few default settings).  So, I'd like to make sure a free copy of it doesn't end up permanently on the internet.  I suppose I could just copy/paste it all here, if that would work?

AurelieCatena