Hogwarts: The Next Generation Recruitment Thread (Still Recruiting)

Started by Untamed Skies, March 12, 2018, 06:17:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

Do we still do the sorting quiz if we do an older student sheet too? Or do we pick what house we want them in? >.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Blythe

When I did mine, I sent in a mostly-done rough draft character sheet with the sorting quiz, and once I found out Topher's House, I expanded on my sheet a bit.

Jag

King Serperior

Quote from: Mellific on March 13, 2018, 02:50:20 PM
Looking forward to seeing it, KS!  ;D  If you need any help, just let us know.
Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 02:57:37 PM
it's reserved for you KS
Thanks~

It may take a couple of days and I don't know 100% for certain if it will work for me.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

HockeyGod

I've been lurking on this thread and it's time I made my move. I'm very interested.

Untamed Skies

Welcome, do you have a face claim in mind?

Quote from: King Serperior on March 13, 2018, 03:35:54 PM
Thanks~

It may take a couple of days and I don't know 100% for certain if it will work for me.

That's fine, there is no need to rush. We understand we look forward to seeing what you might create ^^

HockeyGod

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 03:52:28 PM
Welcome, do you have a face claim in mind?

Presently conducting a systematic review of the internet to find the right face.  ;D

Edit: Dylan O'Brien

Wicked Emi

I've decided to join and know exactly who I'm going to play!  Mwhahahaha!

Mellific

Quote from: Jag on March 13, 2018, 03:15:11 PM
Do we still do the sorting quiz if we do an older student sheet too? Or do we pick what house we want them in? >.>

I made my CS and knew that I wanted my character to be in a particular house. So, since she's a second year, I assigned her to the house I wanted her to be in. For good measure, I also took the quiz and got the same result, anyway.  ::)

I'm thinking that if you make a character who you want in a specific house, (who isn't a first year) go ahead and place them in the house you want them in, and that they most fit in with. But, if you would like to submit answers to the test questions, then we can tell you your result upon approval. ^^

O/O | A/A | MM

Jag

I'll just be surprised by where he gets placed if approved. Cause if I had it my way, everyone would be a Hufflepuff. :P Need some surprises in life.

King Serperior

I must admit that the character I am rebuilding was a concept of coming from a family of Hufflepuffs that traces their lineage back to a close relative of Helga Hufflepuff herself and being sorted into Slytherin.

>_>

Of course, with the sorting, I have a 25% chance that the same will hold true and a 75% chance of being the first non-Hufflepuff in the family.

<_<

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Jag

Everyone say hello to Silas.

Silas Cork

Name: Silas Cork
Age/Birth date: 22 / June 25th
Blood Status: Muggle Born
House: Ravenclaw
Year: 6th Year
Wand: Dogwood, Phoenix Feather Core, 10'', Surprisingly Flexible.
Apparation liscense? No. He failed and hasn't retaken it yet.
FaceClaim: Kevin Allen
Height/Weight: 6'2'' / 155lbs
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eyes: Hazelnut Brown
Distinguishing Marks:  Long scar up his left leg from a biking accident as a child.
Sexual Orentation: Pansexual
Home: Leeds, England
Personality: Silas is aloof and likes a good joke. Sometimes, he has a habit of being overly kind and positive in order to make up for his family history, not that he has told anyone about it. He would rather smile and relax than to do anything 'responsible'. Silas is a terrible flirt, but he has never attempted a committed relationship. The idea of marriage and children actually terrifies him. He is no stranger to a slap in the face after a bad breakup. Silas doesn't see himself as having friends. Acquaintances, but never really friends.

Family: Lavender Cork. Single mother and muggle from Leeds, currently living in London. She admits to not knowing who Silas' father is. Stating that the week he could have been conceived was a "particularly busy week".

Johnathan Cork. Grandfather of Silas. Owns a small hotel in Leeds. Took over care of Silas after Lavender abandoned him and his wife passed away.

History: Silas is the Great Grandson of bank robber, kidnapper, murderer; Donald Neilson. After marriage to Irene Tate, Neilson left the army and started a family. Their daughter, Kathryn Neilson was born in 1960. Neilson took to small house robberies in his early years. Notably racking up over 400 known burglaries. However, proceeds from small houses were low and after stealing a number of guns and ammunition from a household, he took to holding up small post offices from 1971-1974. There were a total of eighteen of these robberies. He first upgraded the violence of his crimes when he was caught by a postmaster and sub-postmistress. The man managed to wrestle the mask off his face before Neilson broke several of the man's toes and escaped. The sub-postmistress managed to give an accurate description of his face to law enforcement.

From there, Neilson shot two sub-postmasters and a sub-postmistress's husband. He also brutally beat the sub-postmistress who had described him to the police. His final killing was one he had planned for three years. An heiress named Lesley Whittle. He only asked for a small amount of money for a ransom, but through a series of police bungles and other circumstances, the ransom money was never delivered to the proper place at the proper time. Her body was found hung by a wire.

After his imprisonment, it came to light how he dominated over his wife and daughter. Irene went to prison for 12 months for her involvement in burning stolen post orders after his capture, but when she was released, she found that their daughter had run away. Fourteen year old Kathryn was never found.

Kathryn changed her name to something common, April Smith, so as to avoid being known as the daughter of Donald Neilson and moved to Leeds. While only fourteen, she lied to gain a job by saying she was sixteen. She cleaned rooms at a local hotel. It was cheap work, but it was far from anything her father had ever done. Four years later, she married Johnathan Cork, son of the hotel owner and had a daughter of her own in 1978, who was named Lavender Cork.

Lavender was a girl of, what could be described as, loose morals. It was not uncommon for her, in her teenage years, to steal hotel room keys for her dalliances. When she turned up pregnant just before her 18th birthday, no one was truly surprised. Lavender left her son to be cared for mostly by her mother and father. Silas proved to be a handful as a child. He was extremely energetic and outgoing. He would wake up talking and fall asleep talking most days.

It wasn't till his grandmother's passing when he was ten that they found the letters that Kathryn/April had written to her own mother later in life. They found out the truth of who Silas' great grand father had been. It was this, coupled with the stress of a neglectful mother, and the loss of his grandmother that Silas had his first noticeable bought of accidental magic. He was riding his bike, fast, down the road and crying when the chain suddenly snapped off. It wrapped around his leg and he went tumbling over the handlebars and into a tree. Leg badly cut, he just sat crying as tree branches fell around him.

The Ministry intervened at that point, explaining to his mother and grandfather the situation. About what Silas was. Rather than wanting to deal with the responsibility, Lavender asked them to take Silas away. Grandfather Johnathan stepped in and said he would take care of everything and ensure that all the Ministry's rules and regulations were followed about Silas' schooling before attending an actual wizarding school. Lavender chose to have herself obliviated and moved to London. When she makes one of her rare visits to see her father, she has no idea that Silas is her child and just thinks he a child of one of the long time inhabitants of the hotel. As much as it pains Johnathan, he has to pretend like Silas isn't his grandson when she's around and restrain his anger towards his daughter over her choice.

At sixteen, he was admitted to Hogwarts and by that time, he had learned to ignore the nagging feelings of inferiority over what his mother had done and what is in his 'genes'. He chooses to meet each day with a smile, even if he wants to punch a wall.

Through his years at Hogwarts, he has always tried to take the easy way out. Never wanting to excel at anything, but never wanting to fail. Though he did fail his Apparation test and has been too sour about it to retake it yet. Silas wants to be average and forgettable, because he can't bare the thought of anyone actually caring about him and him disappointing them. He has spent the last six years pretending to be mediocre and even giving credit to the occasional work partner that they are the one who made their project succeed, even if it was him.

Likes: Boys, girls, and everything in between and beyond. Muggle vehicles, especially motorcycles. Surprisingly good at baking bread. Secretly, he likes cuddly animals and Wizard's Chess...but he always lets his partner win if he thinks he's going to win.
Dislikes: Being too noticeable. Narrow minded people. Bullies.
Best Known For: Hitting on anything with a heartbeat. Being particularly nasty with breakups. His sometimes dark humor when it comes to death.
Moments of Glory: Fixing up his grandfather's motorcycle by himself and riding it to King's Cross.
Moments of Shame: Forgetting that he couldn't leave the motorcycle at King's Cross all school year and find out it had been impounded and his grandfather made him scrub toilets at the hotel for two months to pay back the cost of getting it out of impound.
Biggest Regret: Never apologizing to the first girl he broke up with. Mary. She had thought they were a couple and he'd laughed at her when she started crying when he told her to get lost. She said that for all his jokes and smiles, he was a heartless. Silas never spoke to her again and actively avoids her to this day.
Extra curricular subjects: Arithmancy (surprisingly, he enjoys the routine of numbers), Care of Magical Creatures, Muggle Studies
Marks:

Charms - A
Transfiguration - A
Herbology - T
Defense Against the Dark Arts - A
History of Magic - A
Potions - D

(optional courses)
Care of Magical Creatures - A
Arithmancy - O (oops, he didn't mean to do that)
Muggle Studies - A

Feel free to contact me for connections and what not. ^^

Mellific

Quote from: Mellific on March 13, 2018, 04:28:37 PM
I made my CS and knew that I wanted my character to be in a particular house. So, since she's a second year, I assigned her to the house I wanted her to be in. For good measure, I also took the quiz and got the same result, anyway.  ::)

I'm thinking that if you make a character who you want in a specific house, (who isn't a first year) go ahead and place them in the house you want them in, and that they most fit in with. But, if you would like to submit answers to the test questions, then we can tell you your result upon approval. ^^

So I'm going to revise the statement above: We'd like for everyone to refer to the quiz for placement, even if your character is a second year and above. Should you have a House preference, let us know in the PM with your CS.  ;)

O/O | A/A | MM

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Wicked Emi on March 13, 2018, 04:20:20 PM
I've decided to join and know exactly who I'm going to play!  Mwhahahaha!

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

QuoteI must admit that the character I am rebuilding was a concept of coming from a family of Hufflepuffs that traces their lineage back to a close relative of Helga Hufflepuff herself and being sorted into Slytherin.

>_>

Of course, with the sorting, I have a 25% chance that the same will hold true and a 75% chance of being the first non-Hufflepuff in the family.

<_<

That hat will remember that when sorting  ;)

King Serperior

Quote from: Untamed Skies on March 13, 2018, 07:30:19 PM
That hat will remember that when sorting  ;)
It's perfectly fine if Dante isn't in Slytherin.  I remade the character with the sorting in mind.  I'm good with pretty much any house as all four would make for something interesting.  *nod*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Wicked Emi

Hobbes1266

So, are there any plans for keeping the player characters in some form of a group or will they be seperate unless they decide otherwise?

Eikichi

PMs are open for all role play inquiries.

Untamed Skies

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on March 13, 2018, 08:05:46 PM
So, are there any plans for keeping the player characters in some form of a group or will they be seperate unless they decide otherwise?

Do you mean in terms of posting order?

QuoteInterest peaked. Face claim: Robert Patrick Amell

Reserved for you. Welcome!

Zealously Jaded

Like a bad gambler with a terrible hand I am all in!

I would like to reserve Kaya Scodelario.

Untamed Skies

Zealously Jaded

I knew there was a reason I needed to be on E tonight!

HockeyGod

And here's my approved dude...

Xerxes Taylor

Name: Xerxes (zerc-seas) Taylor
Age/Birthdate: 17 / October 23, 1999
Blood Status: Half
House: Waiting to be sorted
Year: 1st Year
Wand: Walnut with Veela hair core, 10 inches
FaceClaim: Dylan O’Brien
Height/Weight: 5’10”/152 lbs
Hair Color: Dark brown
Eyes: Dark brown
Distinguishing Marks: Xerxes wears glasses – he does own contacts, but they tend to irritate his eyes so he doesn’t wear them often. His only distinguishing feature is a small birthmark on his left dimple.
Sexual Orientation: Gay (semi-closeted) While not particularly sexually active up until this point in his life, Xerxes has internally accepted that he is gay, but has yet to proudly wave a rainbow flag. He doesn’t hide it – particularly from strangers, but he doesn’t discuss it with his family.
Home: Bowness-on-Solway, a small coastal hamlet at the far Western edge of Northumberland on the England/Scotland border.
Personality: Xerxes is full of curiosity and constantly seeking new knowledge. Sometimes this constant question asking can get annoying. His mind is constantly processing information and he sometimes feels if he doesn’t understand everything he’ll explode. Xerxes is bright and full of facts but lacks strategic application of knowledge. In other words, he could recite most theory and mechanics of magic, but is not adept at implementing into successful spellcasting. It likely comes from the lack of experience with magic users.
Family: Xerxes parents William and Margaret are humans that own a Bed & Breakfast in Bowness-on-Solway which caters to guests who are walking Hadrian’s Wall or interested in the tides. It is uncertain as to where Xerxes’ magical heritage originated as none of his known family attended a magical school.
History: Xerxes grew up in a loving family that was self-sufficient in their small community. His grandfather made his living off the sea from fishing and selling his catch. Xerxes’ parents took advantage of the tourism industry and opened a Bed & Breakfast. As a result, his father was constantly fixing broken doors or repairing a malfunctioning appliance. It is likely Xerxes gained his interest in tinkering from watching his father. His mother was the epitome of a welcoming host – always making people feel like part of the family. Both were well read and spoke several languages, learned over the years of hosting foreign visitors.

Growing up, Xerxes spent is time not only following around his parents, but also taking advantage of the sea. Bowness-on-Solway was a small port on the Irish sea. Xerxes enjoyed swimming in the cold sea and investigating what was brought in with the tides each day which plowed in and out like clockwork.

Xerxes attended school in nearby Carlisle and was the top of his class. He had particular interest in sciences and even had a thought of becoming an engineer. When the invitation to Hogwarts came his family was taken off guard and introduced to a world they never fathomed existed. Before school was to head back into session Xerxes met a guy his age, Jason, that was staying with his aunt and uncle. Jason played rugby for his high school and had stories of London that fed Xerxes curiosity. One night their discussions evolved and Xerxes had his first intimate encounter. Jason made it clear that there would be no relationship and it was just for fun. It impacted Xerxes both positively and negatively – he became self-aware of his sexuality, but also hurt when Jason slammed the door on any relationship.
Likes: Inventing things (tinkering), combining charms and technology, reading, libraries, and swimming
Dislikes: Machismo, arrogance, battling, egotism, and ignorance
Moments of Glory: Xerxes was on his way to being valedictorian of his class before the invitation from Hogwarts was received.
Moments of Shame: Before leaving home for Hogwarts, Xerxes was approached by a rugby player in high school that was staying with his aunt and uncle. The two got along and it quickly became physical. Unfortunately it was made clear that there would be no long-term relationship – only the pleasure.
Biggest Regret: Hiding his sexual orientation from his parents.
Extra-curricular activities: Primarily academics and swimming.

Untamed Skies

All characters that have been approved by the GMs may be posted here.

I will also add a link on the front page here so it doesn't get lost as the recruitment thread grows

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.