The Spark (5e, furry friendly, MtG inspired, noob friendly)

Started by TheSithChicken, January 18, 2018, 10:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSithChicken

Shit! I knew I forgot something. I'll fix that real quick.

TheSithChicken

Zaer Darkwail

Ah, we use pre-determined scores instead point buy then? Need adjust my char sheet then.

TheSithChicken

Illven

I'm interested in a shy perceptive bard that is surprisingly bad at actually singing. She's not bad with instruments but she is bad at singing.

Name Stephanie.
Race V.human
Class Lore bard
Plane of origin Forgotten realms
Description Stephanie comes up to a unimposing 5'04. Long brown hair flows from her head, a pretty face set with brown eyes, and an unintentionally charming smile. Wearing glasses the wizard looking girl dresses in robes and shirts that usually conceal her large curves. Unfortunately she has a sensitive nose, and is often caught sneezing over something.
History Stephanie was in a standard bard college. She joined because she loved stories. This meant she was the biggest nerd in a entire college of parties.  Her anxiety meant she would often stay away and would watch the cute girls from afar. Stephanie started wearing her concealing clothes when other girls would tease her about her chest. Typically saying that it made sense why she was a bard now, or saying it was how she passed any tests. All the good intentioned teasing however drove Steph away who now wants to prove that she's a good a bard as anyone else.

Expectations: I'd like a sort of political game, not necessarily one of high courts and such, but one where people's reactions matter, and where Steph will gain allies and enemies due to her adorkableness.

Fears: That Steph will have to sleep with a guy, or a very heavy furry. Other people can, just fine, but I don't want Steph personally to do so.

Is this okay?

silentwalrus227

Do you want us to go ahead and post character sheets in the appropriate thread, or wait until it’s decided who all has been approved?

sullivanthedreadlord

So for magic items.

I was looking at Belt of Giant Strength, Amulet of Health an perhaps some sort of magic weapon at a plus 1
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Chulanowa

Went ahead and threw together a full sheet.. .well, except for spells known 'cause I'm still undecided on that (not used to how few sorcerers get!)

Name: Ulla Rhialle D'inietha
Race: Half-Unicorn
Class: Sorcerer 5 (6500 / 14000 XP)
Background: Noble
Deity: Valarian

Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Hit Points: 27/27 (5d6+5) | Armor Class: 13 (16 w/ mage armor) | Speed: 35 | Passive Perception: 14
Strength 8
Save: +0
Athletics: -1
|
Dexterity 14
Save: +3
Acrobatics: +2
Sleight of Hand:+2
Stealth: +2
|
Constitution 12
Save: +5
|
Intelligence 13
Save: +2
Arcana: +4
History: +1
Investigation: +1
Nature: +1
Religion: +4
|
Wisdom 12
Save: +2
Animal Handling: +1
Insight: +4
Medicine: +1
Perception: +4
Survival: +1
|
Charisma 18
Save: +8
Deception: +4
Intimidate: +4
Performance: +4
Persuasion: +7

Racial Features
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2, and either your strength or wisdom increase by 1
Size. Tall and often "built," but not outside the range of a human or eladrin; your size is medium
Fleet of Foot. Thanks to hooves and long legs, your speed increased to 35 feet, but only when unarmored or unencumbered.
Darkvision. Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60' of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Heart senses. You have proficiency in the Insight skill
Innate magic. You know either the druidcraft or minor illusion cantrip.
Fey Step. As a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. Once you use this trait, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest.
Fey Ancestry. You have advantage on saving throws against being Charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep
Immaculate resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have Resistance against poison damage.
|
Background Feature
Position of privilege: Thanks to your noble birth, people are inclined to think the best of you. You are welcome in high society, and people assume you have the right to be wherever you are. The common folk and merchants make every effort to accommodate you and avoid your displeasure, and other people of high birth treat you as a member of the same social sphere. You can secure an audience with a local noble if you need to.
|
Class Features
• Spellcasting
• Sorcerous Origin: Divine Soul
Divine Magic
Your link to the divine allows you to learn spells normally associated with the cleric class. When your Spellcasting feature lets you learn a sorcerer cantrip or a sorcerer spell of 1st level or higher, you can choose the new spell from the cleric spell list or the sorcerer spell list. You must otherwise obey all the restrictions for selecting the spell, and it becomes a sorcerer spell for you.

In addition, choose an affinity for the source of your divine power: good, evil, law, chaos, or neutrality. You learn an additional spell based on that affinity, as shown below. It is a sorcerer spell for you, but it doesn't count against your number of sorcerer spells known. If you later replace this spell, you must replace it with a spell from the cleric spell list.
Good: Cure Wounds

Favored By the Gods
Starting at 1st level, divine power guards your destiny. If you fail a saving throw or miss with an attack roll, you can roll 2d4 and add it to the total, possibly changing the outcome. Once you use this feature, you can’t use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

• Font of Magic (5 Sorcery Points)
• Metamagic: Empowered, Twinned
• Ability Score Increase (+1 Wisdom, +1 Charisma)

Proficiencies: Daggers, Darts, Light Crossbows, Quarterstaves, Slings, Herbalism Kit
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Elvish
Equipment
Cloak of Protection (uncommon; attuned), Wand of Magic Missiles (uncommon), Staff of Adornment (common), Wand of Pyrotechnics (common), Potions of healing x2 (common), fine clothes, signet amulet, a bit of folded cloth that, when unfolded, turns into a stylish cap, Spell focus (crystal orb), daggers x2, explorer's kit, purse with 25 GP.

Spells Known

Plane of Origin:  Once, the world of Addetta was the construct of a mighty planeswalker, built from his dreams of technological beauty and order. Perhaps he lost a duel with a rival, or perhaps some sort of "infection" stepped in. But now Addetta is a riot of wilderness amidst the shining ruins and arches. One could mistake the place for the feywilds, with its rainbow-hued skies, fae courts, and riotous overgrowth. There are no real "civilizations" here, barring the seasonal courts of Eladrin and the occasional hive of clockwork gnomes and their formian servants.

Description: Ulla is tall, a few inches over six feet, and that's before you consider the slightly curved spiral horn growing from her brow, which adds another two feet. Her body is lean and well-formed though not overly muscular, clad in a short coat of silky pale hair with some light grey dapples. Despite her equine face, she carries an expression of charitable wisdom and mischief, like someone who does know much more than you, and plans to tease you with it for days on end. A thick mane of greyish-white hair cascades down her neck and back, leading to a slender, long tail that ends in a thick tuft of matching hair. She adorns herself like a mystic noble, with golden chains and charms and piercings, shrouded under a cloak of midnight blue velvet. Given the choice she'd rather wear nothing else, but she keeps an assortment of light scarves for when traveling among people of less rarified mores.
additional images

History: Ulla is the daughter of Nietha, the unicorn protectoress of the Llorthia Woodlands and the mirrored city within. Her father was the Wild Eladrin prince Tamthiel Rhialle, who took his daughter back to his own people as was custom. For another generation the alliance between the Eladrin and Llorthia was cemented. But when Ulla began manifesting odd powers, things became... different. The girl was raised up as an oracle, a voice of the Vanished Ones who had built the world and placed the Eladrin as its rightful protectors.
   Ulla was this a sacred princess to her people, catered on, treated, spoiled rotten. As her magic grew stronger, she began using it for herself - for ease, for amusement. Never malicious, but... troublesome. Shen ever suspected that someone was watching. Her Mother's patrons, as it turns out, had taken quite an interest in the young half-breed, and were disappointed. during a ceremony, Ulla was whisked away from her people in a roar of green-golden flame.
   She stood before them, the Vanished Ones, the most ancient guardians of the plane. Part crystal machine, part verdant flesh, they judged the young princess, and found her wanting. She had no idea of her greater purpose, nor did they tell her of it, only that she must learn and grow, cease being a child. They cast her from Addetta, and she has been wandering since. Though blessed with the ability to travel rapidly between hte planes of existence, she has foudn herself barred from home by a crystal lattice only she can perceive.

Deity: Called the Dusk Unicorn, Valarian is a god of the forests and its creatures, friendly to Ehlonna and Obad-Hai. His particular domain is good-aligned magical beasts: unicorns, blink dogs, and pegasi in particular. Some lammasus and androsphinxes revere him as well. He is always portrayed as a unicorn stallion with a silvery-gray coat that shimmers with moonlight.
   Valarian teaches the protection of natural woodlands and proper respect and reverence for the good-aligned magical beasts that dwell in them. He is a fierce enemy of evil magical beasts such as manticores, worgs, and chimeras, and he particularly despises lamias. His symbol is the silhouette of a unicorn rampant in front of a full moon, and his favored weapon is a unicorn horn (crit × 2). The domains he is associated with are Animal, Fey, and Good. He is neutral good.

sullivanthedreadlord

could you send me the layout you used for your post so I can build mine as well?
I walk in the light for ever bathed in its glory, and yet my heart yearns to be consumed by the darkness hidden with in my soul

My O/O Page

Hexed

Woof. So many options for custom races.  Used small felines/lizards for the base.

Tainted Kobold

Ability; +2 dex, +1 char
Speed; 25ft
Size; Small

Traits.
Bioluminescent:glows. free action to turn on/off. bright light 10ft, dim light 10ft past that.
Darkvision; 60ft
Energy Resistance (Fire)
Thick hide; AC = 12 +dex
Expert leaper; Dex instead of str for jump distance, standing jump not halved, add prof bonus in feet to high jump distance, three times that to long jumps. Use dex (Acrobatics) instead of str (athletics) to jump beyond normal distance.
Tongue lash; Long tongue that can preform simple actions at range.

Drawbacks
Cold-Blooded Torper; Disadvantage on con saving throws to resist exhaustion in extreme cold conditions.
Lethargic; only spend 1hd to recover on short rest, disadvantage on throws to resist sleep, count as half hp for sleep spell.

Chulanowa

Quote from: sullivanthedreadlord on January 27, 2018, 12:45:25 AM
could you send me the layout you used for your post so I can build mine as well?

Sure, here's the code:

[float=left][img height=250 padding=2](image URL)[/img][/float][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Class:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Deity:[/b]

[b]Proficiency Bonus:[/b]  | [b]Hit Points:[/b]  | [b]Armor Class:[/b]  | [b]Speed:[/b]  | [b]Passive Perception:[/b]
[spoiler=Strength #][b]Save:[/b]
[b]Athletics:[/b] [/spoiler] | [spoiler=Dexterity #][b]Save:[/b]
[b]Acrobatics:[/b]
[b]Sleight of Hand:[/b]
[b]Stealth:[/b] [/spoiler] | [spoiler=Constitution #][b]Save:[/b] [/spoiler] | [spoiler=Intelligence #][b]Save:[/b]
[b]Arcana:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[b]Investigation:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b] [/spoiler] | [spoiler=Wisdom #][b]Save:[/b]
[b]Animal Handling:[/b]
[b]Insight:[/b]
[b]Medicine:[/b]
[b]Perception:[/b]
[b]Survival:[/b] [/spoiler] | [spoiler=Charisma #][b]Save:[/b]
[b]Deception:[/b]
[b]Intimidate:[/b]
[b]Performance:[/b]
[b]Persuasion:[/b] [/spoiler]

[spoiler=Racial Features][/spoiler] | [spoiler=Background Feature][/spoiler] | [spoiler=Class Features][/spoiler]

[b]Proficiencies:[/b]
[b]Languages:[/b]
[spoiler=Equipment][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Spells Known][/spoiler]

[b]Plane of Origin:[/b] 

[b]Description:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Deity:[/b]

Chulanowa

Quote from: Hexed on January 27, 2018, 05:51:43 AM
Woof. So many options for custom races.  Used small felines/lizards for the base.

Tainted Kobold

Ability; +2 dex, +1 char
Speed; 25ft
Size; Small

Traits.
Bioluminescent:glows. free action to turn on/off. bright light 10ft, dim light 10ft past that.
Darkvision; 60ft
Energy Resistance (Fire)
Thick hide; AC = 12 +dex
Expert leaper; Dex instead of str for jump distance, standing jump not halved, add prof bonus in feet to high jump distance, three times that to long jumps. Use dex (Acrobatics) instead of str (athletics) to jump beyond normal distance.
Tongue lash; Long tongue that can preform simple actions at range.

Drawbacks
Cold-Blooded Torper; Disadvantage on con saving throws to resist exhaustion in extreme cold conditions.
Lethargic; only spend 1hd to recover on short rest, disadvantage on throws to resist sleep, count as half hp for sleep spell.

Default kobolds are actually pretty nice;
QuoteAbility Score Increase: Dexterity +2, Strength -2
Typical Alignment: Lawful evil
Size: Small
Speed: 30 feet
Darkvision: 60 feet
Grovel, Cower, and Beg: As an action on your turn, you can cower pathetically to distract nearby foes. Until the end of your next turn, your allies gain advantage on attack rolls against enemies within 10 feet of you that can see you. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.
Pack Tactics: You have advantage on an attack roll against a creature if at least one of your allies is within 5 feet of the creature and the ally isn't incapacitated
Sunlight Sensitivity: You have disadvantage on attack rolls and on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight when you, the target of your attack, or whatever you are trying to perceive is in direct sunlight
Languages: Common and Draconic

Strength penalty only bothers athletics checks, since with 5E combat, Dexterity has become a true "god stat." Swap out the sunlight sensitivity for that cold blooded thing, and you're set! Pack Tactics is absurdly good (especially for rogues, oh god)

Just in case you might be interested  ;D

sullivanthedreadlord

I just need some help picking magic items for my character.

My O/O Page

Bibliophilia

How are we doing HP?  Full at first level and roll/average for every level after?

I forgot they just made that the way it's always done in 5e.

Sain

Oh that is a pretty nice sheet. Stuff very well hidden in the spoilers. Do we use that sheet now?
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

sullivanthedreadlord

I have some things I am looking at but im not sure what i can pick or cant pick. So if any one wants to pm to help me out on magic item selection i would much appreciate it.

My O/O Page

Bibliophilia

Name: N'mah L'min
Race: Puazi
Class: Monk
Background: Soldier
Deity: The Aio (A deity from her home plane)

Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Hit Points: 29/29 (5d8+5) | Armor Class: 15  | Speed: 45 ft | Passive Perception: 12
Strength 13
Athletics: +4
|
Dexterity 16
Acrobatics: +6
Sleight of Hand: +3
Stealth: +6
|
Constitution 12
|
Intelligence 8
Arcana: -1
History: -1
Investigation: -1
Nature: -1
Religion: -1
|
Wisdom 14
Animal Handling: +2
Insight: +2
Medicine: +2
Perception: +2
Survival: +2
|
Charisma 12
Deception: +1
Intimidate: +4
Performance: +1
Persuasion: +1

Racial Features
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2, and either your Dexterity or Strength increase by 1.
Size. Medium
Speed. 30 ft | 35 ft (Swimming)
Darkvision. Your eyes have evolved for the light of a dim sun and the shadows of the deep ocean.  You can see in dim light within 60' of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You cannot discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Light Blindness. You are completely unaccustomed to the bright light of a yellow sun or many light sources.  You have disadvantage on all Wisdom (Perception) checks related to sight while you or the subject of your perception is in bright light. Upon entering an area of direct sunlight you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw (DC 10) or become blinded for one minute. If you enter the radius of a Daylight spell, you must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against the spellcaster’s spell save DC, or become blinded for 1d10 minutes.
Hold Breath. You are at home in an underwater environment, and have adapted an incredible lung capacity. You can hold your breath for a number of minutes equal to your Constitution score.
Schooling Formation.  Your tightly coordinated movement with your allies allows you to move quickly in and out of the ranks for quick, striking attacks. While you are within melee range of two or more allies who are not incapacitated, you may use your bonus action to Disengage.
Natural Camouflage. You may attempt to hide, even while you are unobstructed, by holding perfectly still against a natural surface or in natural terrain. You cannot take actions that would require you to move without revealing yourself.
Warning Coloration.  The bright colors you display give you an unsettling presence.  When you roll a Charisma (Intimidation) check, and the result of the check is less than your Charisma score, you may instead
use your Charisma score as the result. You must finish a short or long rest before using this trait again.
|
Background Feature
Military Rank. You have a military rank from your career as a soldier.
Soldiers loyal to your former military organization still recognize your authority and influence, and they defer to you if they are of a lower rank. You can invoke your rank to exert influence over other soldiers and requisition simple equipment or horses for temporary use. You can also usually gain access to friendly military encampments and fortresses where your rank is recognized.
|
Class Features
Unarmed Defense.
Martial Arts.
Unarmored Movement
Ki. 5 Ki Points (Save DC = 8+Prof Bonus+Wis Mod = 13)
Monastic Tradition
Way of the Kensei: Kensei Weapons, Agile Parry, Kensei's Shot, Way of the Brush

Deflect Missiles
Slow Fall
Extra Attack
|
Feats
Savage Attacker: Once per turn when you roll damage for a melee weapon attack, you can reroll the weapon’s damage dice and use either total.

Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Shortsword, Trident, Longbow, Painter's tools, Calligrapher's tools
Languages: Puazi, Common
Equipment

Trident +1 (Uncommon)
Longbow
Painter's supplies
Calligrapher's tools
Explorer's Pack
Slippers of Spider Climbing (Uncommon)
Arrows (20)

Plane of Origin:  M'ju Oern Val - The race of Puazi call a moon orbiting the dead planet Nest their home.  Beneath the light of a blue star, Crys, they inhabit floating cities built upon the vast, unending ocean that covers the surface of the moon.  Rising from the warm waters are towering forests of coral that provide the only dry 'land' on the moon.  Vast beds of kelp and seaweed in all manner of colors serve as the Puazi people's main source of food and building supplies, along with the dazzling array of fish and aquatic mammals that populate the ocean.

Description:  N'm is a slender, deceptively petite creature with red-orange and black skin, black hair, humanoid features and a surprisingly sensual shape.  Her - for she tends to spend the majority of her time in her feminine form and prefers feminine pronouns - thick, velvety hair is significantly softer than human hair, denser and more like the pelt of an aquatic mammal.  It falls to the points of her jaw when she is in her feminine form, but can be significantly shorter when she shifts.  The horns growing from her brow change their shape with her shift, as well, and the dark markings on her skin alter as well.

History:  The puazi are a tribal people, their civilization advanced but no less fraught with troubles than any other civilization.  N'mah is the youngest child of their tribe's leader, called Y'chk, called Wise One, called Guardian.  Among their people the gift of planeswalking was legend, unseen for hundreds - possibly thousands - of years, but lesser magick was common and it was common for the Y'chk to take the Wyld, the puazi who took on the role of the tribe's spiritual and mystical leader, as their companion.  N'mah was born of the Y'chk and the Wyld, beneath a sky of rainbow fire and silver rain, as the milking beasts lowed from their pens.

She was watched over by her people, regarded with reverence and expectation that unconsciously weighed upon her child's spirit.  The Wyld insisted that her fits of isolation and brooding were indications of her ancient soul, her innate connection to the Splay, an abstract word for an idea that encompassed god, magic, collective conscious, the universe and the worlds beyond worlds.  Perhaps this was true, but N'mah did not feel like an ancient soul, she could not sense any such connection, and only knew that at times she grew to dimly despise the light that shone in other's eyes as they looked on her.  At times she had to swim as far and fast from other puazi as she physically could, or else she felt she might scream at them.

She spent more and more time in the sea, exploring the mysterious shadows in the coral and frolicking with the neon fish that darted through the crystal waters.  She grew up strong; a fit and fine example of her people, with a quick mind and adventurous spirit.  When she came of age, she announced her intention to join the military as a monk, which caused shock among her people and sent the Wyld into a tizzy.  The Y'chk, however, was pleased by her choice, being a very pragmatic soul who only remotely believed in the hoodoo the Wyld went on and on about.  Yes, the Splay was real.  Yes, magic existed.  But, in their mind, one did not truly survive by such high ideas.  The tribe lived and worked by the sweat of their brow and the strain of their muscles, they survived by the blood in their veins and the weapons they employed.  So, with the Y'chk's blessing, N'mah began her training.

The only consolation that the Wyld took from her choice was that N'mah would be connecting to the Splay through her militant training.  Meditation, ki, the understanding of such things as the third eye and the ways in which the Splay infused her with power...these were included in her training.  It was through this that N'mah came to understand the ways in which one might stride across worlds and explore planes beyond the one in which she was born.  She found a renewed excitement at the thought of leaving her world behind, where life had always felt too heavy upon her shoulders, and once more range through coral reefs seeking unimagined corners and new experiences.

Never did she imagine, however, that she would one day find herself cursing the powers bestowed upon her by the Splay.  In the midst of a fierce battle with another tribe of puazi, whose chief was greedy to claim their tribe under their rule, N'mah found herself suddenly standing in the midst of a towering wood, her feet on dry land for the first time in her life.  Where once a club spiked with jagged bits of shell sharpened to a razor edge was whistling through the air toward her face, there was the trunk of a massive tree easily a mile or more tall.  In that moment of panic, of instinct, her connection to the Splay had done what it could to save her life...it had transported her to another plane.

Terror of the sort she had never before known was born in N'mah, along with a disorientation that drove her to her knees.  Retching violently into the soft bed of rotting leaves and moss beneath her, she shook and sobbed.  Her body was not used to the feel of the stable, firm ground and her lungs balked at the unfamiliar air.  For a moment she felt she might die, and the Splay responded by snatching her from that wood and dropping her into darkness.  Still trembling and weeping, feeling as if the fear might drive her mad, she stared up at a sky arrayed with stars she knew not, smelling a world she knew not and struggling with the ground beneath her.

Slowly, ever so slowly, her determination overcame her fright and she managed to calm herself enough to marvel at the black world that lay around her.  Worry for her people, the desire to returned home and lingering panic over the unexpected traveling remained at the back of her mind, but it was all drowned out by the first feel of the silver grass through her fingers.  The pale soil it grew out of caked beneath her fingernails and the massive, shockingly red sun that hung overhead filled her with that old, familiar excitement.  She even began the long, difficult adjustment to a stable surface beneath her feet...though it would be nearly a year before she lost her 'sea legs' as they said.

Once she had calmed enough, she attempted to tap into the force that had drawn her to this new world, and found herself unable.  For weeks she lived on the unfamiliar plane, suffering through one serious bout of illness when she mistakenly fed on the wrong fruit and feared, once more, that she might perish.  Every day, she spent hours attempting to travel back home, but failed.  Then, finally, she managed to tap the power of the Splay...only to find herself traveling the leagues between planes without direction.

She still hopes to return home someday, unaware that her fear of what she may find is what prevents her from being able to go there.

Deity:  The Aio is man.  The Aio is woman.  The Aio is neither.  The Aio is both.  The Aio is a soldier who achieved godhood through diligence to duty and heroics that were rewarded by the universe.  The Aio was a Wyld whose understanding of magic, the many planes and the universe brought it to the highest levels of power and knowledge, making it a god.  The Aio was a simple farmer with whom the universe fell so deeply in love that it granted the farmer immortality and communed with them intimately.  The Aio blesses them with fair winds and warm rains.  The Aio brings bounty to their crops and fertility to their beasts.  The Aio speaks through their growing understanding of their universe and the universes beyond.  The Aio communicates through victory in battle and the pleasures of their days.

The Aio means something slightly different to every Puazi, and it is the main reason why the tribes split apart.  N'mah accepts the Aio as a metaphor for something impossible to know, understand or articulate.  She calls what she believes the Aio, because it is the word she grew up hearing and it is as good a word as any.  But, she knows the Aio, her Aio, was never mortal, nor capable of imagining mortality.  N'mah's Aio has always been and will always be, neither the warm, caring deity that her people imagine, nor the cold, mechanistic functions of an atheistic universe.  She makes no attempt to try and define her belief or examine it too closely, nor does she bother with such silly things as prayer or obeisance.  The Aio would no more understand her pathetic attempts to draw its attention than she notices the workings of an individual cell in her body.

Hexed

Quote from: Chulanowa on January 27, 2018, 07:52:25 AM
Default kobolds are actually pretty nice;
Strength penalty only bothers athletics checks, since with 5E combat, Dexterity has become a true "god stat." Swap out the sunlight sensitivity for that cold blooded thing, and you're set! Pack Tactics is absurdly good (especially for rogues, oh god)

Just in case you might be interested  ;D

See. I've always been disappointed with how Paizo stats kobolds. They're the same foe tier as goblins but mechanically they crap on them. I mean grovel/cower/beg instead of anything about their trap making? Even in 5e Paizo hates them. Can't remember the specifics because it's been a while since my group played 5e but kobolds are the only race with penalties to stat for starters.

silentwalrus227

Still putting him together, but I figured I should at least get his attributes done for now.

Name: Zaran Taloncrest
Race: Gryphon
Class: Paladin
Origin: Knight

HP: 32 (5d6 +10)
Proficiencies: All Armor, Shields
Languages: Common

Strength 16
Save + 2
Athletics + 3
Charisma 11
+0
Wisdom 13
Save +2
Animal Handling +1
Insight +1
Medicine +1
Perception +2
Survival +1
Dexterity 12
Save: +1
Acrobatics: +1
Sleight of Hand:+1
Stealth: +1
Intelligence 8
Save +0
Arcana -1
History -1
Investigation -1
Nature -1
Religion -1
Constitution 15
Save + 2

Plane of Origin: Draconis, a world not unlike Europe in the Dark Ages, complete with its own version of the Crusades fought between the devout, imperialistic armies of the Northern Alliance and the so-called heathens of the Eastern clans. Magic exists but is mistrusted, particularly by the fearful, simple peasants and members of the various religious orders. Magicians and spellcasters who don’t swear fealty to one of these zealous orders often find themselves hunted down and burned as heretics by Inquisitors.

Description: See pic. Zaran stands around 6’7”, 6’9” if one counts the crests of his broad wings folded at his back, slightly above average for his race. He typically wears a specially crafted suit of armor designed to allow the use of his wings, while also leaving his talons bared. The gryphon carries a broad shield and two blessed weapons, a spiked flail and a longsword. Bright blue eyes take in the world around him. On both sides of his neck the brown feathers are marked by a tattoo of an eye, matching golden symbol on his lavender tabard, the crest of the Order of the Vigilant, of which he is a member.

History: Zaran was one of those bright-eyed hopefuls for the Vigilant, one who sought adventure and the means to fight injustices and keep his homeland safe from evils. Spending the better part of a decade in some godforsaken wilderness, being spat upon by the children of the villages occupied by his comrades, and seeing prisoners tortured to the breaking point to force a conversion or a confession had changed that. Though his faith was shaken but unbroken, Zaran found he could no longer support this supposedly holy war of attrition.

Unfortunately his superiors did not take kindly to his questioning, and the paladin found himself shackled and on his way to the Capital to be questioned by an inquisitor when he felt his spark awaken. Through the cries of ‘witchcraft!’ and ‘heretic!’  he found himself very far from the world he had known his whole life...

sullivanthedreadlord

Work in Progress

Name:
Race:Davar Hammerforge
Class: Dwarf
Background: Soldier
Deity: NA

Proficiency Bonus: +3 | Hit Points: 60 | Armor Class: 15  | Speed: 35 | Passive Perception:
Strength 17/19 with gloves
Save: +6 or +7 with gloves
Athletics:+10 or +11
|
Dexterity 13
Acrobatics: +1
Sleight of Hand: +1
Stealth: +1
|
Constitution 18
Save: +7
|
Intelligence 12
Arcana: +1
History+1
Investigation: +1
Nature: +1
Religion: +!
|
Wisdom 10
Animal Handling: 0
Insight: 0
Medicine: 0
Perception: +3
Survival: 3
|
Charisma 8
Save: -1
Deception: -1
Intimidate: 2
Performance: -1
Persuasion: -1

Racial Features
Ability Score Increase: Your Constitution score increases by 2.

Age: Dwarves mature at the same rate as humans, but they’re considered young until they reach the age of 50. On average, they live about 350 years.

Alignment: Most dwarves are lawful, believing firmly in the benefits of a well-ordered society. They tend toward good as well, with a strong sense of Fair Play and a belief that everyone deserves to share in the benefits of a just order.

Size: Dwarves stand between 4 and 5 feet tall and average about 150 pounds. Your size is Medium.

Speed: Your base walking speed is 25 feet. Your speed is not reduced by wearing Heavy Armor.

Darkvision: Accustomed to life underground, you have superior vision in dark and dim Conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in Darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in Darkness, only shades of gray.

Dwarven Resilience: You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have Resistance against poison damage.

Dwarven Combat Training: You have proficiency with the Battleaxe, Handaxe, Light Hammer, and Warhammer.

Tool Proficiency: You gain proficiency with the artisan’s tools of your choice: smith’s tools

Stonecunning: Whenever you make an Intelligence (History) check related to the origin of stonework, you are considered proficient in the History skill and add double your proficiency bonus to the check, instead of your normal proficiency bonus.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Dwarvish. Dwarvish is full of hard consonants and guttural sounds, and those characteristics spill over into whatever other Language a dwarf might speak. Mountain Dwarf

As a mountain dwarf, you’re strong and hardy, accustomed to a difficult life in rugged terrain. You’re probably on the tall side (for a dwarf), and tend toward lighter coloration. The shield dwarves of northern Faerûn, as well as the ruling Hylar clan and the noble Daewar clan of Dragonlance, are mountain dwarves.

Ability Score Increase

Your Strength score increases by 2.

Dwarven Armor Training

You have proficiency with light and medium armor.
|
Background Feature
War has been your life for as long as you care to remember. You trained as a youth, studied the use of weapons and armor, learned basic survival techniques, including how to stay alive on the battlefield. You might have been part of a standing national army or a mercenary company, or perhaps a member of a local militia who rose to prominence during a recent war. When you choose this background, work with your DM to determine which military organization you were a part of, how far through its ranks you progressed, and what kind of experiences you had during your military career. Was it a standing army, a town guard, or a village militia? Or it might have been a noble’s or merchant’s private army, or a mercenary company.
◾ Skill Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation
◾ Tool Proficiencies: Dice
◾ Equipment: An insignia of rank, a trophy taken from a fallen enemy (a dagger, broken blade, or piece of a banner), a set of bone dice or deck of cards, a set of common clothes, and a belt pouch containing 10 gp

Specialty

Feature: Military Rank   Officer

Personality Trait

I’ve lost too many friends, and I’m slow to make new ones. 

Ideal
  Greater Good. Our lot is to lay down our lives in defense of others. (Good) 

Bond
  Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for. 

Flaw
  I have little respect for anyone who is not a proven warrior.   
|
Class Features
Rage 3x (must take long rest to regain)

In battle, you fight with primal ferocity. On your turn, you can enter a rage as a bonus action.

While raging, you gain the following benefits if you aren’t wearing heavy armor:
•You have advantage on Strength checks and Strength saving throws.
•When you make a melee weapon attack using Strength, you gain a bonus to the damage roll that increases as you gain levels as a barbarian, as shown in the Rage Damage column of the Barbarian table.
•You have resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, and slashing damage.

If you are able to cast spells, you can’t cast them or concentrate on them while raging.

Your rage lasts for 1 minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage on your turn as a bonus action.

Once you have raged the number of times shown for your barbarian level in the Rages column of the Barbarian table, you must finish a long rest before you can rage again.

Unarmored Defense

While you are not wearing any armor, your Armor Class equals 10 + your Dexterity modifier + your Constitution modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit.

Reckless Attack

Starting at 2nd level, you can throw aside all concern for defense to attack with fierce desperation. When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly. Doing so gives you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using Strength during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.

Danger Sense

At 2nd level, you gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren’t as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger.

You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells. To gain this benefit, you can’t be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.

Primal Path

At 3rd level, you choose a path that shapes the nature of your rage. Only the “Path of the Berserker” is detailed here. Additional paths are described in the official source material, as well as in products by other publishers (see 3rd-Party Primal Paths). The choice grants you features at 3rd level and again at 6th, 10th, and 14th levels. Additional paths are available in the original source material.

Path Chosen- Path of the Totem Warrior (Players Handbook) Edit

The Path of the Totem Warrior is a spiritual journey, as the barbarian accepts a spirit animal as guide, protector, and inspiration. In battle, your totem spirit fills you with supernatural might, adding magical fuel to your barbarian rage. It is unusual for an individual to have more than one totem animal spirit, though exceptions exist.

Spirit Seeker: Yours is a path that seeks attunement with the natural world, giving you a kinship with beasts. You gain the ability to cast the beast sense and speak with animals spells, but only as rituals.

Totem Spirit

At 3rd level, when you adopt this path, you choose a totem spirit and gain its feature. You must make or acquire a physical totem object - an amulet or similar adornment - that incorporates fur or feathers, claws, teeth, or bones of the totem animal. At your option, you also gain minor physical attributes that are reminiscent of your totem spirit. For example, if you have a bear totem spirit, you might be unusually hairy and thick skinned, or if your totem is the eagle your eyes turn bright yellow. Your totem animal might be an animal related to those listed here but more appropriate to your homeland. For example, you could choose a hawk or vulture in place of an eagle.

◾ Bear: While raging you have resistance to all damage except psychic damage. The spirit of the bear makes you tough enough to stand up to any punishment.

Ability Score Improvement

When you reach 4th level, and again at 8th, 12th, 16th, and 19th level, you can increase one ability score of your choice by 2, or you can increase two ability scores of your choice by 1. As normal, you can’t increase an ability score above 20 using this feature.

Extra Attack

Beginning at 5th level, you can attack twice, instead of once, whenever you take the Attack action on your turn.

Fast Movement

Starting at 5th level, your speed increases by 10 feet while you aren’t wearing heavy armor.

Proficiencies:
Armor: Light armor, medium armor, shields
◾ Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
◾ Tools: None
◾ Skills: Athletics, Perception, Survival, Intimidation

Languages:  Common and Dwarvish
Equipment
Gauntlets of Ogre Power

Wondrous item, uncommon- attuned

Your Strength score is 19 while you wear these gauntlets. They have no effect on you if your Strength is already 19 or higher.

Warhammer +1

To Hit=     +7/+8
Damage=  1d8+3/4
Raging Damage= 1d8+5/6
bludgeoning

Spells Known
Rage and inflict wounds with weapon in hand

Plane of Origin:  Forgotten Realms

Description:  Stands at a tall 5 foot for a dwarf. He keeps his heads nice and shaved but as dwarven tradition dictates he keeps a nice and well trimmed beard. He is not as hairy as most dwarfs. From all his days of fighting he is well built. He keeps in shape and is never prone to being lazy.

History: From the moment he was able to lift a hammer he was fighting. There was nothing more worthy of his attention than looking for the next fight. It was because of this eagerness to prove himself that he joined his clans army as soon as he was able to. He spent a good 50 years fighting along the borders and doing his best for clan and family. Not to say that he didn't give his trust to outsiders. He only gave his real trust to people who had his back in combat. After he did his mandatory term on the borders on his homeland he could continually volunteer for duty.

It was his ferocity and strength of spirit that led to many calling him a hero. He would stand where other dwarfs would fall. He was known for putting himself between his friends and danger. It was because of this that he was promoted to the rank of captain. During one particularly tough battle with what looked like a demonic bear his spark activated. Just as the bear looked like it was going to land a killing blow on him he was transported to a distant land. With no knowledge of where he was or how to get back, he is going to have to make the best of the situation and learn how to get back home.

Deity: Believes in the gods but has not realy put his faith behind any one deity.

My O/O Page

TheSithChicken

Hey, guys. Letting you all know that I haven't forgotten you. Insomnia is just kicking my ass and I am barely conscious (yet unable to sleep because fuck my life). I'll get back to you once my brain decides to cooperate and turn off for several hours.

Sain

I'm kinda stuck on deciding background :?

What do you think of this homebrew? http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Fey_Child_(5e_Background)

Would need to switch the language to something else but the alternate background feature sounds fun (always great to find reasons to roll on funny magic effect tables!)

sullivanthedreadlord

I think my character sheet is done. Well I cant wait to get started.

My O/O Page

Sain

I still need to pick those magic items myself ;D

The 2 x uncommon seems like the best option.

sullivanthedreadlord

what I really wanted was a belt of strength but well that's rare and above so gloves of ogre power it was. Of course I moved my level 4 stat boost over to con instead. Other wise the gloves would be pointless if my strength is already a 19.

My O/O Page