Welcome to Purgatory (Scifi Prison Roleplay) (Accepting Guards)

Started by GloomCookie, September 08, 2011, 09:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Ons and Offs Updated 9 October 2022

Revenent

Still planning to make a guard, by the way. Thinking a female Quarian with a fondness for "toys." I'll probably put the app up tomorrow.

AmberTrash

Specifically looking for sadistic/dominant/authoritarian guards, or is there room for a dim-witted, inept rookie guard? Either way, I'll try to conjure something up. Space prison is just too irresistible.

RedEve

Sounds like you are hoping your guard gets gang-banged by the inmates.  :P
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Karasu

SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

GloomCookie

My DeviantArt

Snake

GAH! *bows* sorry Linna.. my brains' been ...scrambled lately T_T can you link me to the IC thread?

GloomCookie

I cooould... but I might be lazy. 

*ponders*

Oh alright.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=118788.0

By the way... link was on the first post
My DeviantArt

Snake

Well with how you flushed the ship out. I think I need a new character! *laugh*

GloomCookie

You make it sound like I wanted to!  Why I would never simply flush everyone out the airlock!  Not without taking the time to pick over any valuables first.
My DeviantArt

Snake

I mean ICly. I'm reading teh OOC and it says you just did away with a good amount of inactive chars including me. So I need to make a new one if I want to keep playin (honestly I lost track cuz I didn't know how to bookmark threads at time...sorry )

What do you need though? prisoner, guard (soundsl ike guard.) I was going to haul in an old military commander type char for a guard, or a really bad criminal (like genocide on 3 worlds.... epsionage... escape twice... etc.) the guard type would be..different, kind o fa pretty boy  (Or a female? they'd both be kind of a hardass.)

GloomCookie

Trust me, the last thing any government will do is condone genocide on one world, let alone three.  You won't be shipped out to a criminal run prison for that.  Oh no, they have special prisons already just waiting for you.
My DeviantArt

Snake

Even if it was one of their own black ops? *laugh*

So a guard type is more needed right now I'm taking it?

GloomCookie

Yes.  And how the hell does a government commit genocide against its own people using black ops?  Someone explain this to me.
My DeviantArt

Snake

War time. they send a crack team of black ops to go genocide a rival or enemy planet. XD

Revenent

I think you're thinking genocide is a lot easier to hide than it is. And easier to do, since it requires entire armies to pull it off, not just a team of black ops dudes. That's like me saying I'm going to take a few friends and kill everyone in England.

Snake

AmberTrash

I was going to try and come up with two possible characters, one cruel and one stupid, but I had a hard time imagining the stupid one lasting too long without being fired or murdered. So, here's the mean one...

Name: Elyse Driscoll
Species: Human
Personality: Foul-mouthed, racist, highly organized, sycophantic toward her superiors, and living life with a perpetual chip on her shoulder. Doesn’t consider herself to be sadistic, despite her inclination for sudden and often unprovoked violence. Finds a perverted sense of nobility and honor in her work on the Purgatory, believing she serves a greater good by subjecting the prisoners to mental and physical torture.
Brief Bio: Elyse was born on Earth. Her mother was a school teacher on the same planet, while her father was an Alliance lieutenant serving on the Citadel. She spent her childhood as a pickpocket on the streets of Earth, eventually becoming a prostitute at the age of 16. On his occasional visits home, her father sought to solve these problems by teaching her about humanity’s special place in the galaxy; in his eyes, they were the only species with a soul and conscience, and it was their obligation to impose their moral superiority over the rest of the galaxy. With this in mind, Elyse murdered a Selarian pimp, resulting in the murder of her own mother and Elyse’s forced relocation to the Citadel. With her crime concealed by her father, she underwent basic Alliance military training before making contact with the Black Hand group. After serving as a double-agent on the Citadel for several years, she eventually exhausted the usefulness of her Alliance connection, and was offered a position on Purgatory. She went AWOL from the Alliance (her actions again concealed by her father) and set off for her new life.

Question 1: A prisoner is getting out of hand, arguing with you over whether he should be allowed to sleep rather than go to meals.  What do you do?
A quick baton strike to the side of the knee, followed by a second to the temple. The prisoner will get his sleep this time, but will likely refrain from making the same request again.

Question 2: Two female prisoners start fighting, clawing at each other.  One produces a shiv and stabs the other before you can intervene.  What do you do?
The aggressor takes a bullet in the gut, and both prisoners are questioned about the incident before medbay is alerted. Depending on their level of cooperation, they are either rushed to the infirmary, or the insertion of my baton into their wounds will hasten their journey to the other side.

Question 3: Two inmates are engaged in sex inside their cell.  Standing orders are not to allow prisoners to have sex.  What do you do?
Often in search of a snitch, I would judge how well informed the particular prisoners are on other prisoners’ activities. If one of them seems useful, I’ll offer him free reign over the other prisoner in exchange for consistent snitching. Otherwise, the prisoners are restrained by force and a call to the warden is made. Sex does not concern me, so I will always defer to the warden in these matters. 

AmberTrash

Yeesh, no idea where I got the idea this was Mass Effect. Lol. I guess it was the "Selarian" thing. Made the appropriate edits. Sorry about that, if anyone was exposed to my absent-mindedness.

Revenent

This basically is Mass Effect now. There's already been quarians, krogan, asari, and turians in the main RP, from the GM himself. No need to worry about Mass Effect stuff being in there.

AmberTrash

Good to know. Still, was easy enough to replace Alliance with Coalition, and so on.

Revenent

Not really necessary, though, since that seems to place her in a different universe from the one we've already established we're in.

Revenent

Name: Zetta'Mal nar Valka
Species: Quarian
Personality: Very vindictive and condescending toward prisoners, treating them like animals or even pets for herself. Somewhat naive and overconfident considering what could happen if she let her guard down and a prisoner tore her environment suit in an assault. Is nice to the other guards, but once can't shake the feeling that she thinks she's better at her job than everyone else.
Brief Bio: Raised on the Flotilla just like every other quarian, Zetta was definitely a bit of a problem child growing up. She would always pick on the other children and be cruel to those who didn't show her enough respect and adoration, this problem persisting even as she grew into a teenager, then a young woman. When her Pilgrimage came, unlike the other parents and shipmates who were sad to see their children and fellows leave the Fleet, her own parents and neighbors were more than glad to see Zetta gone for as long as possible.

Zetta began her Pilgrimage by going to Omega, figuring she'd have a much better chance of finding useful supplies there in the underworld than she would trying to even get inside the Citadel without C-Sec shoving eighteen kinds of scanners up her ass. On the station, she came across a recruiter for the Blue Suns, who she considered joining since that meant going to all kind of places where she could nab cool stuff that would make her really popular with one of the Fleet's ships. Unfortunately, the Blue Suns didn't want anything to do with a soldier who could die if a round even managed to graze her suit, but the recruiter did tell her of another opportunity: becoming a prison guard on Purgatory.

Zetta made up her mind almost without thinking and joined onto the Purgatory staff, making an agreement with the warden that her payment would be the occasional opportunity to go with through the inmate's confiscated possessions and evidence to see what she could find.

Question 1: A prisoner is getting out of hand, arguing with you over whether he should be allowed to sleep rather than go to meals.  What do you do?

Stun him with a shock baton, then drag him to the cafeteria and make him eat off the ground like a dog. He should be grateful he's even allowed silverware and a table when he eats.

Question 2: Two female prisoners start fighting, clawing at each other.  One produces a shiv and stabs the other before you can intervene.  What do you do?

After subduing the shivver, send the shivvee to the medbay to be dealt with as the warden sees fit. Then take the first one and show her how it feels by cutting "I should be kind to my fellow inmates" into whatever part of her body you feel like.

Question 3: Two inmates are engaged in sex inside their cell.  Standing orders are not to allow prisoners to have sex.  What do you do?

Take out the old carbon-plastic whip and start lashing whichever one's on top, telling them you won't stop until they finish up and come. Then make the other one get on top and start the process over.

GloomCookie

Not my fault Mass Effect rocks.  Besides, I don't think anyone's bitched so far.  Asari are hot.
My DeviantArt