News:

Main Menu

Gullibility!

Started by crystaltears, April 01, 2009, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crystaltears

Well... today I was going to write a blog about the atmosphere of Elliquiy, but it's April Fool's Day so I will save that for tomorrow. So instead... Gullibility! Something close to my heart...

Yesterday when I arrived at work I noticed a message written on our whiteboard. This message read:

"As of 04/01/09 the dress code will change to Khaki pants and polo shirts or business attire. Infractions will be sent home."

The first thing I said to my coworker was, "I don't own either of those. I guess I have to go shopping." I didn't get why he snickered. I even asked "Aren't polo shirts expensive?" And he started laughing and said they were fairly expensive.

Later my boss arrived, and he called me into his office (I assume co-worker spoke with him) and said, "You don't own any business attire?" To which I responded, "The dress code used to let people go to work in their pajamas and I'm not interviewing until I graduate, why would I?" He promptly asked me to go examine the date on the notice....... "Oh." I wonder how badly I was blushing when I went back to my computer.

Today:

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14105.msg1760286#new

I could not figure out what was going on, though I assumed it was some kind of prank. Then I realized.... April Fool's.. oh right. Okay, world is sane.

Not 30 minutes later

First half.  Second half.

I'm reading that going, what the heck? Who would want something with such rude / naive responses? What a way to get royally screwed.... yes.. I got through all of the chat samples before it dawned on me... April Fool's Day....

Ah Gullibility, good bed partner of mine. How fun it is to live my life believing most things people say to me. Sure, I second guess them, but.. well, let's look at a non-April Fool's Day occurrence...

My friends and I are gathered round the kitchen table, washable DnD grid map spread out before us. We are encountering many spider webs in the midst of jungle. One of my friends says, "Damn those spider monkeys and their web-spinning antics."

I actually respond, "Spider monkeys spin webs? Wait.." I felt like dying. Everyone else had a lovely laugh, myself, my face burned for many hours from that one. I later managed to pull the same sort of prank on someone else, and felt better, but...

Wow. I'm so darn gullible. I honestly don't think I know anyone more gullible than me. With that in mind, I'll be wary for a bit after posting this blog. =p

Hope you guys enjoy a good laugh at it. ^^
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!
fantasy compendium ~ come make magic with us

A/As - Updated 08/02/2011
writing - Last Addition 07/20/2011 | blog - Last Entry 04/19/2011

Shadows and Dust... Just Another Soul.

Caeli

-laughs-

That was quite enjoyable. :P Today, I pulled all sorts of pranks on people. The simplest kinds.
"What, you didn't know? We have a quiz on chapter 14 today..."
"Hey, seriously. You didn't know we have to declare our majors by this quarter, or you'll be kicked out?"
"It's Friday. No seriously. Obama decided to get rid of Thursday."

Etc. Etc.

I guess having a poker face is useful sometimes. ;)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

crystaltears

Hehe, just as clarification, I really don't mind it -most- of the time. It does suck when people abuse the naivety I apparently have, and as a result I've learned to be more careful. I once lent someone over one thousand gold in World of Warcraft, which was a large amount at the time. The scary thing to me is had i the money I would have done the same in real life, and they wouldn't have paid me back in real life either. Luckily, as I said, I'm more careful now.

And the first two of those examples would have totally had me. The last one I would have had a little trouble believing. =p

<3 Caeli
Give someone an easy smile today; sign this petition on Elliquiy so we can see a man in kilts!!

Caeli

Hehe. I'm actually rather on the gullible side myself, so sometimes things like that get me too. On April Fool's, I'm sure there are a lot of harmless jokes around - I do see what you mean about abuse of naivete and trust, though. -makes a face-

-hugs Crys-
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Oniya

Yesterday's prank here actually had me doing a doubletake as well.  I saw Bliss's name with a BANNED banner, and did a perfect WTF?! face.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Autumn Sativus

Yeah me too. I saw Caeli was 'BANNED' and I went right for IRC like.

"This is a joke right? Caeli got banned?"

It took me a few minutes to realize it was April Fools Day, though I didn't really 'believe' that an admin got banned.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

crystaltears

Hehe, good to know I wasn't the only one you two. =) *Huggles*