Game of Thrones AU

Started by Primarch, June 05, 2012, 04:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Right, the last game I was going to start didn't get off the ground and that's my fault. But I'm not finished college entirely so my free time just went through the roof (until I get a job or find out I failed something that is!) But that's all neither here nor there.

Right, a Game of Thrones RP. But AU. So here's the plan, you fine members can create your own characters to occupy the roles in Westeros. Everything below is available. While I'm not against people taking up sellswords, whores, goldcloaks, mountainmen etc etc for the game to work from a plot perspective the Major Houses rather need to be represented, that in mind I am entirely fine with people taking up multiple characters so if you wouldn't mind taking up a plot important person first and then the lesser notes that would be absolutely wonderful.

Once your character is approved. Off you go. The game is a sandbox. You can stay in your Castle and play the harp or you can march your army or try get married. or maybe go and try get your hands on a Valeyrion steel weapon (no custom Valeryion stuff for now please, lets keep what's in Westeros desirable). Up to you.
The time period is right after King Robert Baratheon's death (we'll keep him canon for the sake of setting things up) and his son is on the throne. All claimants during the War for 5 Kings are welcome and encouraged. While the game is entirely open to OC's you can most certainly play a canon if its your preference.

King's Landing:
King:
Queen: Reserved for JDrew Spider

Hand of the King: Reserved for arkhos
Lord Commander of the Kingsguard: Reserved for Daylily
Master of Coin:
Master of Laws:
Master of Whisperers:
Master of Ships:
Grand Maester:

House Stark:
Lord: James Stark ~ Warden of the North
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Tully:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Arryn:
Lord: Warden of the East
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Greyjoy:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Lannister:
Lord: Warden of the West
Lady:
Heir:
Son: Ser Tyrus Lannister
Daughter:

House Baratheon of Storm's End:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Baratheon of Dragonstone:
Lord: ~Reserved for Trafalgar~
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

House Tyrell:
Lord: Warden of the South
Lady:
Heir: Ser Imperius Tyrell
Son:
Daughter:

House Martell:
Lord:
Lady:
Heir:
Son:
Daughter:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]House:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Titles/Positions:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b] {Real person PB please}

[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Strengths & Skills:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

Any questions?

JDrew Spider

I'm game!

Reserve for the Queen!

Can we play multiple roles?
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Queen reserved.

Yes you may play multiple roles, although I would ask people don't play for instance, multiple Lords for what I hope are rather obvious reasons.

JDrew Spider

Will do darling! ;)

Now for the role of the queen I can go about this in different ways, but I'll wait patiently for other's to appear.
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Koyume

This sounds pretty awesome. I probably won't end up participating, but we'll see. If I did I'd probably play the Master of Whisperers or a Greyjoy.

Primarch

You could play a Greyjoy Master of Whisperers. So long as its appropriate I see no reason why a character couldn't occupy multiple roles.

Primarch

Name: Ser Imperius Tyrell
House: Tyrell
Titles/Positions: Heir to House Tyrell of Highgarden

Appearance:

Equipment:
Imperius general battles with either his bastard sword Ever Higher or his spear Pride of the Garden both of which are highly ornate to the point one might confuse them for ceremonial weapons, while his spear is usually worn across his back or when riding carried by his horse his sword is almost always worn at his waist in a sword belt. His armour is not entirely unlike that of a member of the Kingsguard, combining a breastplate with enameled scales and a prominent cloak. He of course has his coloured in Tyrell colours and bearing Tyrell iconography.

Strengths & Skills: Imperius is an exceptionally skilled warrior and routinely practices against multiple opponents in preparation for actual battle. His specialty is with his bastard sword or his spear, with which is he considered among the finest in the Seven Kingdoms. On occasion he will wield the bastard sword in one hand & his spear in the other in an attempt to overwhelm a tricky opponent with a very unorthadox style. He is also proficient with the shield, mace, lance (he's enjoyed some tourney victories) and the bow and arrow, although these are all to various lesser degree's then with a sword or spear. He is also a very competent horse rider, be it as a standard steed or as a warmount. He has been taught battlefield tactics and has had enough experience in preparation of battle and battlefield tactics to be considered one of the finer Commanders from The Reach.

As a Tyrell he's also ridiculously wealthy and possessing more military resources then most others in the Seven Kingdoms, making him a valuable ally or dangerous opponent.   

Weaknesses:
When it comes to combat Imperius is most dangerous when wielding both of his signature weapons at once, however a spear and a bastard sword are not the lightest weapons. The combat style, while very effective will wear him down more quickly then most traditional forms of combat.

Backstory:
Imperius Tyrell is the oldest son to the current Lord of The Reach, as a youth he was educated by the House Septa & Maester, although he took noticeably more attention to the Maester over the Septa. When he was younger the boy squired in Casterly Rock for the Lord of the Lannister's. He was in the Westerland's for only months before Robert's Rebellion broke out, he saw very little fighting however as the Lannister's remained neutral until the sacking of King's Landing a year later. Although he didn't take part in any rape, he did walk away with some splendid loot including all manner of fineries, even if he could have just bought them quite easily.

During his time training to be a Knight he enjoyed several tourney victories especially in the melee's. The beginnings of a great career some commented and it appeared o be the case. He was Knighted as sixteen and returned home to Highgarden. For the last twelve years Imperius has been council to his father and an increasingly prominent name amongst the Commanders of Westeros, the Shining Knight of Highgarden who killed a dozen men with a broken banner during the Greyjoy Rebellion. Most recently he has been called "The Justice of Highgarden" as he has taken an effort dispense justice across The Reach. He is as loved by the innocent as he is hated by the guilty. 

Elias

Primarch

arkhos

Brilliant idea!

I think I'll try to whip something up to try for the Hand of the King spot. Love the role in the books/TV show. :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

bubby

*Keeps an eye on this one*

Primarch

Stark

Name: James Stark, also known as "The Young Wolf"

House: Stark

Titles/Positions: King in the North, King of the Trident Lord of Winterfell

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Equipment: Being a man of the North, James has extremely good proficiency with a bow & arrow, longsword and knife. Although a hassle to carry with him, he makes sure he always has all three at hand. Underneath his thick fur cloaks and layers of clothing to help fight the harsh, relenting weathers of the North he wears his chain mail armour constantly.  Only for actual times of war will he don his steel breastplates and shoulder armour, the insignia of two direwolves carved into his steel armour. He also has a Direwolf, called Winter.

Strengths & Skills: James strengths lie in his bow and longsword, but his skills lie in his ability to rally support and followers himself having a gravitating aura to him, which draws people towards himself. Finding himself well liked and respected by all who know him.

Weaknesses: James is far too naive and trusting. Being from the North were a man's sweat is his worth he knows nothing of the greed and betrayal that litters Westeros.

Backstory: James was 8 when he first saw his further behead the deserter, it was an image he would never forget. For his Father did the deed not out of pleasure but out of duty and it was that which lingers with James to this day. The sense of duty, not matter what it is, how horrible he must also be able to do the right thing. That is what it means to be the Lord of Winterfell and of house Stark.

It was then on that day where the training and education of James increased, he was a boy in a man's world of steel and iron. But he never retreated and never gave up, learning first to conquer the bow, shooting better then the adults who were teaching him. Then came the sword, being a boy of young age he was pitted against the younger men who were merciless against him always using excessive force against the small boy. But James was fearless and resolved through the pain until he moved quicker, faster and stronger than his opponents. Despite becoming talented with boy weapons James never gave into cockiness or over confidence, still training constantly, knowing his Father would demand more from him, better from him, there was always room for improvement.

James enjoyed the life of Winterfell, the hunting in the Godswood, and the speaking to the village of Winter's Town. He loved it all, and did they love him. They always enjoyed seeing the young Lord march and chat with each of them, taking his time to learn his peoples names. Also as James grew so did the interest in him he received from the opposite sex but the honest lad was always unsure how to act, he was not a man to abuse his position into taking women whenever he pleased.  However there has been the odd night involving a young women laying in his bed, but James is still innocent and embarrassment usually turns him red when mentioned.

Primarch

Starting with a direwolf would be fine, but I'd rather you didn't use a Canon GoT face claim, especially in a case where I'm allowing canons and your character wouldn't remove Jon Snow from the games world.

Something to just consider, you could make your character the Lord, with similar reasons for going South as Rob had. His father being executed by the current King would get the Stark's involved immediately and help kick off The War of 5 Kings period setting, but that's just something to consider. You could leave the position of Lord open for an older brother.

Stark

Sweet, added a direwolf, changed appearance and made my character Lord now.

So we will be using the canon Ned Stark was ex hand of King and was beheaded?

Primarch

I think that would be for the best. Keep people like Robert, Ned, Aerys. Helps form a working plot.

jouzinka

House Dorne is House Martell. ;)

/nerd

*bookmarks*
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Primarch

jouzinka

This looks so very tempting. :-) I might join later, if time permits. :-\

Primarch

Kate

love to be a perverted lanister queen unless others want to give her a go (or didnt like how i role played the last queen when this was attempted before.

if anyone else really wants to play her - happy to play another house / roll / character

jouzinka

Quote from: Stark on June 06, 2012, 07:40:19 AMSo we will be using the canon Ned Stark was ex hand of King and was beheaded?
Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 07:46:53 AM
I think that would be for the best. Keep people like Robert, Ned, Aerys. Helps form a working plot.
... does that mean that you guys are setting yourself up for a war?

If he's a head shorter, then what was his crime? What did he possibly know about whom that would bring him to Baelor's Sept? Or are you keeping in the bastards plot?

Not trying to nitpick, just posing questions. ;D

Primarch

Its somewhat up to whoever takes up the King really. There are a number of possibilities that could all dance around why Ned was killed.
A) Ned was executed so the son of Robert could take his claim as King, as opposed to waiting until he came of age.
B) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of incest (which may or may not be true depending on player interest).
C) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of an affair with someone else (which may or may not be true)

I do think it would be easiest if whomever occupied the position of Queen (be it Kate or someone else) gave some acknowledgment towards the 'bastard plot' or something similar. But there are options. 

arkhos

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 07:46:53 AM

So Ned is/isn't alive? Still the Hand?

Just curious! :)
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Primarch

Dead. 'James Stark' is the new Lord of Winterfel.

jouzinka

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 08:31:27 AM
Its somewhat up to whoever takes up the King really. There are a number of possibilities that could all dance around why Ned was killed.
A) Ned was executed so the son of Robert could take his claim as King, as opposed to waiting until he came of age.
B) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of incest (which may or may not be true depending on player interest).
C) Ned was executed for believing the son of Robert was born of an affair with someone else (which may or may not be true)

I do think it would be easiest if whomever occupied the position of Queen (be it Kate or someone else) gave some acknowledgment towards the 'bastard plot' or something similar. But there are options. 
A) would imply that the plot existed prior to killing the King and that Ned knew about it and was in a position to stop it or that he afterwards had proofs of it being carried out.

I believe that this is an important question to ask, since whether Ned lives or no and _what_ he knew (and possibly who he shared it with) or no is crucial to the setting and the motivations, not only the Starks *waggles eyebrows at Stark*, but virtually everyone involved and not involved...

He doesn't necessarily have to be dead totes, since Ned transferred the "rule" over the North to Robb before going to King's Landing, much like Robb transferred it to Bran when he went off to war.

But I agree. Probably the easiest to let the Queen chime in. ;D

JDrew Spider

I for one would be happy to collaborate a juicy back story with anyone willing. :) I'm still not sure what direction I want the Queen too go. I think I want her to be a selfish yet tempered seductress. Who is more than willing to do anything that needs to be done to ensure her bloodline.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 06:49:39 AM
Hello Bubby : D

Hello hot stuff.  ;) You're so mean...being such a tempter with this game...I still have my old Greyjoy char, But I have her as Queen...could switch it up...ARGH DAMN YOU MAN...

*Pounces Primarch and molests in a faux angry fashion*  >:) 

I could make Kyra much like Yara (Asha) Greyjoy, daughter, but it would work better if we had a son... how about I just reserve that spot for now, and see what comes up?

The Dark Raven

Still interested, but thinking on a different idea. Probably a Lannister this time.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Primarch

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 06, 2012, 10:46:42 AM
I for one would be happy to collaborate a juicy back story with anyone willing. :) I'm still not sure what direction I want the Queen too go. I think I want her to be a selfish yet tempered seductress. Who is more than willing to do anything that needs to be done to ensure her bloodline.

Sounds good to me!

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 12:42:18 PM
I could make Kyra much like Yara (Asha) Greyjoy, daughter, but it would work better if we had a son... how about I just reserve that spot for now, and see what comes up?

A Son could still come along, would be even more tempting with a sister already in place. Gives the son someone to RP with without needing to go ashore.

Quote from: Daylily on June 06, 2012, 12:47:30 PM
Still interested, but thinking on a different idea. Probably a Lannister this time.

Lannister's were my original favourite, probably still are. I play a Lannister-Knight on my GoT RP site.

bubby

[quote author=Primarch link=topic=142242.msg6400111#msg6400111 date=1339006748

A Son could still come along, would be even more tempting with a sister already in place. Gives the son someone to RP with without needing to go ashore.

[/quote]

I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to play a Greyjoy. I don't want to be stuck RPing all by myself..lol.

JDrew Spider

*Tackles bubby* :) Welcome!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 01:38:36 PM
I'll wait to see if anyone else wants to play a Greyjoy. I don't want to be stuck RPing all by myself..lol.

Worst case scenario you get involved with one of the mainland families and join them in fucking shit up. I hear Greyjoy girls cement alliances the naughty way. 

The Dark Raven

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

bubby

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 06, 2012, 01:46:49 PM
*Tackles bubby* :) Welcome!

*Squeals and smooches* I haven't joined yet! Lol! ...prolly will though...

Quote from: Primarch on June 06, 2012, 01:48:35 PM
Worst case scenario you get involved with one of the mainland families and join them in fucking shit up. I hear Greyjoy girls cement alliances the naughty way. 

I say more...BEST case scenario...rawr!

Delirium147

I'm up for this.

Either Greyjoy as well or a Baratheon. Maybe both? If I play them both I'd make the Greyjoy a son of the lord, so I don't play two lords, per your request.
Currently looking for: /

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

The Dark Raven

Reserving a Lannister Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

Stark

Sorry I couldn't resist making another character and who wouldn't want to play a Lannister?

Name: Ser Tyrus Lannister

House: Lannister

Titles/Positions: Son

Appearance:

Equipment: Longsword, Shield bearing Lannister Coat of Arms, Knife, Chainmail, Custom Steel armour, long red clock bearing Lannister Coat of Arms.

Strengths & Skills: Very few who carry the honorific of "Ser" actually have the pure combat skill of deserving it, Tyrus does. Outside of his talents with a sword and shield, Tyrus is extremely cold and cunning, with a simple whisper in an ear or exchanging money with the right hands he found he could manipulate and control weak people he saw below him and no one would question him if he would pay, because a Lannister always pays his debts.

Weaknesses: Gluttonous, hedonistic, abusive, cruel, merciless, egotistical, lewd, proud and stubborn.

Backstory: Growing up Tyrus was surrounded by money, not much love. If he cried, or if he had a tantrum the way it was dealt with was by giving him all he desired. But soon this was not enough he wanted more, greed consumed the boy seeing others enjoying themselves with something he would want it instantly but then he would want to be the only one to have it, for example if he saw another with a toy sword he would demand it and then have the other toy sword be destroyed. He wanted it all, but only for himself.

The boy was growing up too greedy for the families liking, in an effort to rid his gluttonous, abusive, cruel and merciless ways they sent him at the age of eleven to be a squire for a Knight of House Crakehall. The knights of which being famous for being fearless and fierce warriors in the realm. But if they thought the boy was abusive and cruel when he had others do his bidding, they were stupid for putting a sword and shield in his hand, the boy found himself in his own with a sword and shield in his hand, showing himself he did not need others to carry out his own orders but with a sword and shield he could do whatever he pleased and if anyone tried to stop them he would just kill them. Which has happened plenty of times, Tyrus seeing another giving him an eye or a look which displeased him would lead to Tyrus drawing his blade and then drawing blood. Numerous times House Lannister had to cover up the bloody mess Tyrus often left behind.

During his time as a Squire Tyrus won his first tourney melee. The thrill of the fight, the thrill of dying at any one moment, with a simple swing or thrust, it excited the young Lannister. To the point where Tyrus only truly feels alive when either fighting or fucking, the rush of adrenaline he gets the best and only aphrodisiac for him. To the point where he founds the rest of his live and the events in them boring and trivial, often quoted as saying "I am a Lannister, and talk is far too cheap for us, so let us just fight." Also during his time as squire it is often said he saved the life of his Knight numerous times, Tyrus did not do this out of duty or devotion to the knight, simply for the recognition, he enjoyed seeing the impressed faces of others when told of his deeds. There were even rumours that the knight he squired for was often too drunk and hung over to even attempt to battle, so Tyrus wore his armour and fought for him, although this has never been confirmed.

It was at the age of sixteen where Tyrus found himself knighted, helping quash a rebellion of dishonoured and disgraced knights, it has been rumoured that it was Ser Barristan Selmy also known as, "Barristan the Bold" who knighted the young Lannister. Once he had been knighted he was offered a place on the Kingsguard but Tyrus refused, he only fought for family and family meant you carried the same second name, other then that unless told to by his Father he would not raise a blade in the name of another. To this day Tyrus still kills any who he feels gives him a look which he dislikes, causing many to find deep interest in the floor whilst in his presence. He is also an extremely proud and stubborn individual, a sense of pride filling him each time he dons the Lannister Coat of Arms.

With the passing of his mother when Tyrus was still a young man meant there was a void for a motherly figure, which was taken up by his older sister Eveserene. Who helped keep Tyrus ambitious and encouraged him in his endeavours. There are few whom Tyrus will take advice from and Eveserene is one he will always refer to on matters he needs help and advice on. Eveserene has a soothing affect on the young Lannister, to the point where she is one of the few who can rein in Tyrus when he is in a rage or tantrum.

Primarch

Quote from: Daylily on June 06, 2012, 03:30:20 PM
Reserving a Lannister Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

You got it.

Quote from: Stark on June 06, 2012, 03:37:03 PM
Sorry I couldn't resist making another character and who wouldn't want to play a Lannister?

The history is a bit short and doesn't get across the personality traits described in his weaknesses. Not to mention the Kingsguard doesn't tend to get many vacancies, and considering his age it would have been Robert putting him on the Kingsguard. I don't see Robert making the offer more then once to a Lannister, certainly when a reason for declining isn't given.

Also everything beyond the first sentence in his strengths & skills section doesn't relate to his strengths or skills. 

Stark

Primarch

bubby

OK FINE! Twist my arm...  ::) put me down for Greyjoy daughter. I'll edit the character I have, and submit it by at LEAST this weekend.

JDrew Spider

* smug look*

Yup...I knew it.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Swashbuckler

Hmmm, Master of Whispers.....tempting

Rel Mayer

Has anyone taken the dornish lady? Because I have a pretty sweet idea for her. I'll upload a character sheet in a bit.

TreyWalker

I would also be interested in being a Dornish Character. Either the heir or a younger son.

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 04:47:05 PM
OK FINE! Twist my arm...  ::) put me down for Greyjoy daughter. I'll edit the character I have, and submit it by at LEAST this weekend.

I sure will : D

Quote from: Rel Mayer on June 06, 2012, 04:56:17 PM
Has anyone taken the dornish lady? Because I have a pretty sweet idea for her. I'll upload a character sheet in a bit.

Nobody has, but I shall reserve it for you

Quote from: TreyWalker on June 06, 2012, 05:00:46 PM
I would also be interested in being a Dornish Character. Either the heir or a younger son.

Excellent, I'll reserve.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on June 06, 2012, 04:50:49 PM
Hmmm, Master of Whispers.....tempting

I've not come across someone interested in taking up the role before. Let me know if you want to go ahead and I'll reserve, or just post a character sheet.

bubby

So...since there really is no other Greyjoy to run off of atm... am I assuming correctly that I could make mine essentially canon? Backstory is where I'm at a bit of a loss...

Being Greyjoy they've pretty much decided "fuck it we're gunna take what we want how we want", which is easy to work with, but the history, with no other Greyjoys, will be a bit tougher..

JDrew Spider

Is someone else playing a Lannister (Queens family), if you are let me know!

Spider Hole
Apologies

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on June 06, 2012, 05:06:17 PM
So...since there really is no other Greyjoy to run off of atm... am I assuming correctly that I could make mine essentially canon? Backstory is where I'm at a bit of a loss...

Being Greyjoy they've pretty much decided "fuck it we're gunna take what we want how we want", which is easy to work with, but the history, with no other Greyjoys, will be a bit tougher..

You could, yes. I believe Delirium is interested in a Greyjoy and yes, they've basically decided that while Westeros is at Civil War they'll go back to being their own thing, with their own King.

The Dark Raven

Almost done with him, m'Lady. ;)

Addendum:  Do I need to add the Queen, or the brother into my sheet?

Primarch

You could leave them out until their apps are up, then edit in a reference or two.

JDrew Spider

We, the Lannisters, are currently in collaboration. Stay tuned folks :)

Spider Hole
Apologies

Reia

I'll be keeping my eye on this thread while I decide what character I'd be. Very much interested.
[tr][td]

Updated: 03/24/19
[/td][td]
Updated: 06/24/12
[/td][td]
Updated: 07/20/15
[/td][td]
Posted: 11/24/14
[/td][td]
Updated: 03/04/19
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Dark Raven

Kate

Ok I pencilld in my desire to play the lannister queen, but daylily, spider if either of you want to give her a go feel free, MORE than happy for you both to play characters royalist can talk with / is also royalty as it gives me scheming options.

I am pretty perverted personally and adore plots and intrigues, if others prefer someone that is a queen of grander ethics - happy for them to play the queen but my plan was something simular to what i gave a go for the last one (she just will not have as strong a militiary lean ie navy / armies etc - she doesnt really care for.)

In short she is perverted to the point of being unsuitable as royalty by the populus if the real truth was known her head would be on a spike. Ned was one that she deemed too politically akward as he was high enough to demand answers, powerful enough to go into places most don't and that made him dangerous to her eyes. He didn't want him dead just assigned elsewhere but her quick commands to try and see him out of the way got a momentum she couldnt stop.

She personally doesnt mind the starks, and doesn't have any personal desire to have them disposed of. She just likes power and privilege and her perverted tastes catered for, and for that one needs to be able to control information to some degree.

It would be good if Ned stumbled upon some orgy that was perverse by most player standards (extreme or something most would go "whoa ! The royal halls are being used for WHAT ? ")

What I like is if he didn't care to expose the truth ie he was shocked but more than happy just to see his own family distance themselves from kings landing as much as possible and get home. But he was making hasty plans to leave. The lannisters panicked thinking he wouldnt have only done so if he desired vengance / to expose the truth. The real truth was if they just let him go ... all would have been fine. For his own houses sake he was happy not to mention what he saw. But his mistake was he didnt tell the lannisters that.

Mentioning this to other Lannisters was when male lannisters were pushing for old school solutions (knows too much must die) , females wanted him just assigned on the wall - out of the way. But that wasnt enough for some.

Ned being dead isnt a comfortable thought for her.

In short she will favour those that share perverted tastes or have a perversion (THat doesnt involve people dying or torcher. Ie she isnt evil, just VERY perverted and self centered (which to many is the same thing) ) or strange eclectic expression, as well as her own family and does hope others in her family share these values. To her it feels right.

I was thinking weird breeding programs ... anyway you get the idea i will post her below asap.

The Dark Raven

Kate, she's been reserved by Spider.

Also, I will be playing the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, as mentioned in the first post.

JDrew Spider

Scheme away dear Kate, scheme away. Perhaps we can collaborate on some things.

I have two words that describe my Queen in full detail... Sharon....Stone.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Kate

spider having her is fine.

Can i me a lesser royal of lannisters ? Spider did u want to assign me a title / positon ?

The Dark Raven

Name: Ser Amyas Lannister
Titles/Positions: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard

Appearance:

Equipment:  Amyas’ favored blade is a hand and a half sword made of blackened Valyrian steel, carrying two, evenly spaced fullers from blood-red dyed leather wrapped hilt to a third of the way down the blade.  It has a sweeping guard and an intricately carved pommel, inlaid with ruby glass.  [This is a personalized trophy, being the usurped blade Ice.  Formerly owned by Lord Eddard Stark.]

He is most commonly seen in the pure whites of the Kingsguard, though there are days he will venture into the city in the plainclothes of a Lannister.  He has joked the only days he ventures out of his whites is when his laundress takes too long.  In combat, he wears a double reinforced chain mail (mundanely King’s Maille shown at this link:  http://mailleartisans.org/weaves/weavedisplay.php?key=141 )

When given no other option, he is more than adequate with a simple sword and shield, but he prefers his hand and a half.  He is also versed in the lance, for Tournament only.

His horse’s name is Fury.

Strengths & Skills:  His strengths tend toward the martial, tending toward the lists and hand-to-hand combat (whether with sword or pugilism).  Besides his martial strengths, he is a decent speaker, known to sway the minds of lesser men, and give greater men a run for their money on an issue Amyas feels strongly about.  In his pre-Kingsguard days, he did his best to woo pretty maidens, but is sworn against it now.

Weaknesses:  Once a great womanizer, at least in his own mind, he does have a soft heart for the women he is now forbidden to bed.   He is also a man of a great temper when riled, to the point where he must be calmed by others.  He has a hubris indicative of the Lannisters, improved none by his early elevation, and hindered little by the words of humbler men.

Backstory:  The eldest son of the Lion of Casterly Rock, Amyas dreamed of the power and riches of the Lannister name from the time he was old enough to understand the meaning of such.  The feeling was not helped by the amount the boy was spoiled by his mother, and he made it his goal to become a knight to please his father above all.  It seemed, once made a squire to his uncle, Ser Maris Lannister, he had found his niche.  Knighted at the tender age of seventeen, he continued in his uncle’s retinue to tourney after tourney, honing his skills until the Usurper, Robert Baratheon, called for war.

His father raised thousands of men in an army, swearing loyalty to the new man to rebel against the maddening King Aerys, even though his father was Hand of the King.  All plans made in secret, messages were passed by men, not ravens so easily corrupted by Maesters.  Meanwhile, Maris and Amyas continued the countryside with the spring tourney progress, Amyas losing to the Crown Prince by a mere technicality.  Heartened, the young man progressed to King’s Landing, to join the Lannister forces outwardly guarding the city, but surreptitiously waiting for the rebellion to begin.

At the beginning of King Robert Baratheon’s reign, he was given the opportunity to join the Kingsguard, and accepted, thinking nothing of it.  It seemed the logical progression of his training and it seemed both his father and sister (the new Queen) were pleased with this choice.  With the recent execution of Lord Eddard Stark, former Hand of the King,and the exile of Ser Barristan Selmy, he has been elevated to Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

JDrew Spider

You can be whatever you want Kate, lady in waiting or a princess. Whatever suits your fancy.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Rel Mayer

Name: Arabella Martell

House: Martell

Titles/Positions: Ward, First child of the Prince of Dorne. (I want the heir spot.)

Appearance: Short, Olive Skin, Brown Eyes, Long Brown Hair, Curvy.

Equipment:Good with small knives, but not usually armed due to being a lady in the court.

Strengths & Skills: Arabella Martell is extremely cunning and calculating. She can easily come up with inspiring plans to ensure she gets what she wants. She has the ability of leading people and extremely persuasive skills of making people follow her. Because of this she usually has a little clique ready to do her bidding. Her

Weaknesses: Fierce Tempered and impatiences can prove to be troubling in this unfamiliar with new setting. Her hastey decisions have been known to backfire on her.

Backstory: Aegon the Conqueror deciding that it was costing him too much money to wage war against the Martell's. His armies bled dry and even his dragon Balerion was of no use. They left the Targaryan influence out of Dorne, the only kingdom that managed to do this. Dorne eventually joined the kingdoms by marriages.  When the Targaryan's fell and Rhaegar, his wife, and his children were murdered by the Lannisters, you could imagine the family being extremely upset about this.

Arabella is the first daughter of the Prince (Insert Name Here, in case someone plays this roll.) The Prince of Dorne is something she always strives to be throughout her life. Growing up she began to become very good friends with Uncle's bastard children, the sand snakes. They became her cohorts. As she grew up she expected to be married to a prestigious lord being the heiress to the Sunspear, but when he father kept setting her up with elderly lords refused to wed her to high ranking and attractive matches she started to think that her father planned for her brother to succeed him.

Now, even more so than before, she thinks he never have plans for her to succeed him, because she was forced to King’s Landing to Robert Baratheon as a peace arrangement. Now, she was just a lady in the Queen’s court, and how she despises the Lannisters for what they did to her cousins.

Arabella is extremely impatient with her father and how he’s handling the current state of affairs happening in the kingdoms. She’s far away from home, where her friends and family are, and her impatience nature is getting the best of her. The most terrifying part of being in King’s Landing is her never knowing what's going to happen next.

(She's basically my take on Arianne Martell with a different situation going on.)

Delirium147

Let me know what you think and/or what needs changing. I edited one of my former characters. I will write up the Greyjoy later, as I need to do revision (final tomorrow).

Name: Lord Douglas Arryn

House: Arryn of the Vale

Titles: Warden of the East, Overlord of the Vale, Lord of the Bloody Gate, Lord of the Eyrie, Seat on the Small Council

Equipment: not sure if this is necessary?
Strengths & Skills: Intelligence, wealthy, proven commander, handsome, holds power, shrewd, confident, ambitious (maybe too ambitious?), observant, capable
Weaknesses: women, atheist, obstinate, prone to outbursts, violent, decadent and even perverted at times, vain (sensitive to flattery), sensitive to those he loves

Personality:
Lord Douglas has a strange character, appearing... incongruent at times to the outside world. A reserved man at first, he likes to have his conversational partners do most of the talking while he analyses them. However, when he speaks, people tend to listen. Though, when not conducting business or engaging in politics, he can be quite charming toward others. As such it is difficult to know the 'true' Douglas as he is a man of many masks. Seemingly senseless and cruel one time and incredibly passionate or moved the other. The man has learned to control his emotions over the years and bridle them with reason and logic. He is considered a good friend, but a dangerous enemy.

The Lord of the Vale looks out after his own, trying to make the most gainful arrangements when it comes to marrying or trade. He rules his household and lands with an iron fist, wanting to know exactly what goes on in his domain. A group of trusted delegates travels his lands to report on the actions of his bannermen and officials. When not at court, he travels his own lands, visiting towns and keeps to keep his subjects close and remind them he is there to watch over them.

However, his sternness and stubbornness have given him the reputation of being narrow and obstinate, often engaging in disputes with others. Though Douglas holds great respect for his liege, as up to now his rule had been just, giving his bannermen enough liberty to do as they please, (but still keep the King’s peace) he finds. The recent death of King Robert has left him in somewhat a weakened position.

History:
Ser Douglas was born the eldest son of Lord Geoseph Arryn and Lady Elysa Grafton of Gulltown. Being the firstborn male he was groomed from a very young age to rear the lands of Storm's End once his father would pass away. As such he was taught statecraft, diplomacy and economics by Maester Elrik, martial prowess only took second priority as Lord Geoseph thought that was the responsibility of his second born son. One to steer the lands, the other to do battle.

However, Douglas often snuck out when he was supposed to meet the Maester and spent the afternoons outside, among the common folk at work in the fields. Often he dragged his brother and sister with him. At first lord and lady Arryn (Grafton) allowed him his little escapades, till he became 13. He was deemed too old to still engage in such petty activities and they forbade him to mix with the common folk. Lord Geoseph had a hardy word with his oldest son, but to no avail. He was caught on the field on one of Geoseph’s holdings and brought before his father. The beating he received disabled him for almost two weeks.

Needless to say being beaten within an inch of your life changed Douglas behaviour permanently. And just as Lord Geoseph had desired, his son now focussed all of his efforts on learning how to govern a demesne. Though the seed for a more perverse, violent nature had also been planted.

When he was nineteen years of age, Douglas negotiated his own marriage with the lord of Longbow Hall (house Hunter). One year later Geoseph saw his son marry the daughter of the lord of Longbow Hall. Douglas was affectionate to his wife, but it was clear the marriage was more of a strategic decision than committed out of love.
The most sad turn of events, perhaps, was the death of Lady Anei in childbirth, losing the child as well merely a year later. The lady had been fair and was loved by the populace and smallfolk as she often dealt out alms to the poor and made bi-daily visits to the septs. Douglas was disappointed, not grieve-stricken, and lost himself in wine and decadent parties, until his father intervened.

By his late twenties, Douglas - knighted after partaking in a skirmish to root out highwaymen and bandits - had become his father’s right hand man. Lord Geoseph was nearing the age of sixty-five and began to retire from public life, relying on his firstborn to represent the interests of house Arryn and support Robert's Rebellion against the Iron Throne.
When Douglas turned thirty-one, Lord Geoseph died. Though he put the old stag to ground with as much respect as he could muster, he was still scornful towards his father. Afterwards he rode to King's Landing to take the oath of fealty and receive the title of Lord of Storm's End officially.

Lord Douglas’ rule has been largely uneventful and saw the prosperity and wealth of the Arryns and their holdings continue to grow. With a friend as King, influence and prosperity came easier than normal. Being one of the generals during Robert's uprising, saw Douglas rewarded with a position in the small council. Gradually Douglas invested in brothels, transportation and shipping, ensuring him of a generous income in King's Landing to fund his life at court and escapades. Though naturally not as wealthy as the Lannisters or Tyrells, he can dispose over a sufficient amount of coin.

Though often at words with other members of the court, they have an understanding. With Robert's death, new opportunities arise; in spite of mourning. Douglas is an opportunist and damned if he sees anyone else profit from Robert's death more than him.

A list of NPC's may follow.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Vostroya

I'd like to reserve the King spot while I type up a sheet. Thinking about playing an older version of Joffrey, but with less cowardice, stupidity, etc...and replace it with more intelligence, maturity, etc.

bubby

Delirium... what Greyjoy you doing? King...heir...? I'll wait to do mine after I see yours....

....that sounds....*coughs*

Delirium147

Quote from: Vostroya on June 07, 2012, 02:34:09 AM
I'd like to reserve the King spot while I type up a sheet. Thinking about playing an older version of Joffrey, but with less cowardice, stupidity, etc...and replace it with more intelligence, maturity, etc.

I thought Joffrey would remain Joffrey. I'll have to edit my character to not cover the title of regent then. Also, keep in mind my char and yours will be related then (is Joffrey incestuous here or not?)

Quote from: bubby on June 07, 2012, 02:35:12 AM
Delirium... what Greyjoy you doing? King...heir...? I'll wait to do mine after I see yours....

....that sounds....*coughs*

Like I said :-) He would be the heir or second son. No King of the Iron Isles :-). Maybe we can work out some backstory together?

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

bubby

Quote from: Delirium147 on June 07, 2012, 03:18:06 AM

Like I said :-) He would be the heir or second son. No King of the Iron Isles :-). Maybe we can work out some backstory together?

I'm off to bed for the night, so if you had any ideas you can PM them to me. I'd gladly confer with you! I plan on playing my char pretty damn close to Asha in the show if that helps.

I'll check my PM's in the morning! Look forward to it!

Kate

Needs approval of the Lannisters queen as well as Pri.

Name: Archduchess Rwen Lannister
House:Lannister
Titles/Positions: Archduchess

Appearance:

Equipment:

Strengths & Skills:

Royalty and Stunning, coupled with being polically aware of tensions between houses, and the privildge of having one's family the ruling class speaks for itself. Rwen may adopt Vicereine duties of Casterly Rock and the Westernlands at the Queens whim for some errands the Queen deemed to personal to be seen to through normal channels.

Weaknesses:

Being so focused on the Occult and Witchery can blind this girl to history's eyes of such dealings, and on a few occasions has voiced her like on the subject. Quick politically manovering has avoided it being deemed anything other than flippant comment by a foolish girl. But such mistakes can be very costly to more than just herself.

Her focus on her entire family breeding with those of "forbidden talents" has been increasingly coupled with fascination for "forbidden breeding" for others, overseeing sexual orgies of depravity on other families in ways most would consider sacrilegious at best is one thing she is finding she is more often thinking of.

Backstory:

This lannister is more interested in the Occult and Witchery that can see her bloodline grow in talents that could compare with the dragon-touched that history speaks of so often.

To breed their family into a bloodline that can control aspects of life in godlike fashion and ideally have a angelic presence is the main passion this woman holds dear. To further this aim, this royal has been keeping tabs on families deemed masters of different forms of magic (forbidden as the practices may be to others eyes) and often desires to plan marriages, or at least couplings with other lannisters willing to listen.

Rwen has been reprimanded by those above her often enough to finally understand the importance of information commanding what is true to different opinions, especially different houses.

When she is aware that she needs to be, she can be very charming and play the part of her title as well as any royal. Still she is plagued by the idea of Lannisters being robbed of such a privileged station by such things. Surely her house MUST have more.

Soon she payed loyal sages and scribes to comb any libraries on lost magic, and has paid many a merchant a small fortune for scrolls on the subject or rumor of families in other lands that  may be more versed than what most others would hope. Her project of deducing family lines elsewhere that have a natural talent in command of the spirit world or forces that the typical man doesn't has met partial success.  Highly useful in others hands to stamp out the practice once and for all, this nobel desires anything but, instead ones appearing on her list are being noted with physical traits that will ensure lannisters not only inherit such powers, but be beautiful in standards other familys can never seek to mirror.

Only then will she believe she has done her duty to her linage by granting them virtues above other folk. One she hops would be seen as Divine.

Rwen's highly culturally aggressive approach to what "should be done" has easily seen her loved or hated by other lannisters (all of which are very aware of her thoughts and values).

TreyWalker

I'm going to withdraw my interest. Purely because I was over excited by a Game Of thrones RP and I'm not entirely sure I'd be able to keep up with such a game with so many people in it. Good luck though everyone.

The Dark Raven

Hey Kate,

Queeestion?  What relation is she to the Lannisters?  I never saw the ducal system used by Martin, so I'm confused.  Just trying to clarify since I'm playing a Lannister and would need to know how the relation goes to Amyas.

Kate

Hmm good question

because she is probably the most perverted and akward relation to the lannisters.

I do want her a lannister of a position that such dreams can be entertained (ie if she was too far down she wouldn't bother trying to convince anyone anything)

but how far "down" from direct descendant ? or in relation to other lannisters ?

Im happy for the queen to pm other lannisters to make a decision, this is off course if she isnt too "omg wtf ? no waaayyy !" to the others playing lannisters.

I just thought that she could quiet neatly represent why others have reason to hate the lannisters. You know the villian you LOVE to hate.

Ideally she is a royal linage of lannisters somewhere somehow how far down the line ? I am happy for the queen / others to choose (if she is accepted)

Delirium147

Quote from: Daylily on June 07, 2012, 10:07:31 AM
Hey Kate,

I never saw the ducal system used by Martin, so I'm confused.

That is because the ducal system wasn't used by him :-).

King
Hand
Warden
Prince & Princess
Lord
Bannerman (basically (landed) knights and petty/minor lords sworn to one of the great houses)

Hedge Knights

Though if this is an AU-Westeros, it could be possible, depending on what the organiser says :-).

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Trafalgar

Could I possibly reserve Head of House Baratheon of Dragonstone?
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Delirium147

Quote from: Trafalgar on June 07, 2012, 11:49:40 AM

We'll have to work out some backstory then :-). Shoot me a pm with your ideas about what our relationship would be (my CS is a few posts up).

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

@Rel Mayer: If you could flesh out her strengths, skills & weaknesses into full sentences it would be great. Also the backstory doesn't tell us much about her history or upbringing, its currently more so her current situation.

@Delirium147: Same again concerning the strengths, skills & weaknesses. Also, the character can't be an older brother to Robert, as that would have made him the King. Robert was able to claim the throne with all known Targaryen's dead aided by a family connection to the Targaryen's, if your character was older he would have be the next in line. His personality could be looked at again too, he's cold and reserved but can be charming? They don't tend to go hand in hand, especially when you consider he's also obstinate and more as described in the weaknesses. I'd also rather you didn't change the parents, while AU-ing over Renly's position is fine altering the parents forces other Baratheon interested characters around the family you're setting up.

@Kate: Yeah, there's no "Archduchess" in Westeros so that won't work (nor is there a Viceroy), also you should probably nail down to position in the Lannister family. Keep in mind the Lannister's are not the Royal family, the Baratheon's are. Magic in Game of Thrones, especially in Westeros itself is extremely low key compared to other forms of fantasy, her hopes for what magic will do for the family are impossible and if she's done as much research into the area as her history would suggest she'd know that.

The Dark Raven

Working on a Stark girl as a lady in waiting, once I get Stark's ok.

Primarch

Quote from: Trafalgar on June 07, 2012, 11:49:40 AM

Certainly

arkhos

Ok, actively working on the Hand of the King.

Not... literally, I mean. Sheesh. ;)

But doing some writing now, should have something finished by tonight. May I reserve, pretty please?

-Ark

Primarch

Rel Mayer

Quote from: Primarch on June 07, 2012, 12:18:01 PM
@Rel Mayer: If you could flesh out her strengths, skills & weaknesses into full sentences it would be great. Also the backstory doesn't tell us much about her history or upbringing, its currently more so her current situation.

I'll edit it tonight.

JDrew Spider

Name:  Queen Eveserene
Titles/Positions: Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, Queen Regent, Protector of the Realm, Lady of Casterly Rock, Lady of Westerlands

Appearance:-> Piercing blue eyes, golden locks that flow down to her back an average height of 5'5. She's very slender in frame, but her legs appear long and elegant.

Equipment: Poison amulet she keeps on her persons
Strengths & Skills: Intellectually she keeps her head among the social circle of idealists and philosophers. She has an acquired skill of critique and judgment. As her father’s oldest child she learned about skills of war and battle, strategy, economy and finance. All of her abilities concerned with ways to gain and maintain power. She is a patient woman, but does have her limits.
Weaknesses: She is a victim of her own sins, mostly lust and pride. She gives advice well, but cannot take it and it quick to ignore the needs of others outside her own family. She truly pretends to feel the need of her people only because her quest for power is all consuming. She can however be the most sensitive woman when the issue of her family is brought up and often makes quick decisions despite the advice of her counsel when she feels disrespected.

Backstory: Daughter of the great Lord  and Lady of Casterly Rock, She was born the second oldest of three siblings. Her mother passed away after the birth of her youngest sibling. She was astute to the arts and condemned to learning the ways of propriety. Even as a young woman she learned early the ways men and war. The best philosophers were her teachers and taught the intelligence was the one true way to power. She had grown up a proper young woman as a lady-in-waiting. Everserene had always been taught to protect the family name by any means necessary and had developed a very close relationship with her older brother.

Despite the brutal politics in her family she had adapted very quickly to ill situations and caught the eye of the king. He father pushed heavily at this union and become wife of King Jacob Baratheon.  Eveserene desired more than that since she was determined to have the Lannister name go down in history and forge many great alliances or chop down those who defied them. In this process of making deals for the ‘betterment’ of the kingdom she would dwell on her oldest brothers desires for she desired him too. She loves him with all her heart and have risked much to keep feelings secret. As for her younger brother she loves as if he was her own son and repeatedly pushes his campaign to rise to power.

Spider Hole
Apologies

SeriousMoonlight

I'd quite like to join this, although I haven't reread the books since A Dance with Dragons came out, so I'm afraid my knowledge might be rusty. I think I want to join as a Stark - are there any Starks that have applied already? I don't see any listed in the first post.
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

The Dark Raven

Stark and I are playing House Stark (He is James, and I am his sister, Elena.)  He has a Cs up, and mine is in the works. :)

SeriousMoonlight

Lovely! Could I message the both of you so we can scheme together?  ;D
Hello, I'm Moon!
My preferred pronouns are they/them/their/theirs/themself! Thank you!
ONs and OFFs + Request Thread

Kate

Ok fair enough about the prevalence of magic and titles.

I do recall a witch that did help the dragon-touched girl turn her hubby into a living dead though,
but i gather they may be too far and inbetween or secretive to have their family lineages tracked from afar.

Firstly, its pretty obvious to all i like playing extreme characters

a) If the general "feel of players for this thread" are ones someone else should roll play a "twisted" lannister - all good happy to bow out let others take the reigns

b) If "happy for a "dark lannister" to be played by kate but how dark ? How extreme ? what sort of things feel ok for everyone to enjoy this game ?

I know I often push the boundaries of what is envisaged, so if its easier for a to be relevant all good :) no offense taken. Some idea on a - b would help me.

Rel Mayer

Come be a Martell with me. ;)

Join the darkside!! :P

Delirium147

Quote from: Primarch on June 07, 2012, 12:18:01 PM
@Delirium147: Same again concerning the strengths, skills & weaknesses. Also, the character can't be an older brother to Robert, as that would have made him the King. Robert was able to claim the throne with all known Targaryen's dead aided by a family connection to the Targaryen's, if your character was older he would have be the next in line. His personality could be looked at again too, he's cold and reserved but can be charming? They don't tend to go hand in hand, especially when you consider he's also obstinate and more as described in the weaknesses. I'd also rather you didn't change the parents, while AU-ing over Renly's position is fine altering the parents forces other Baratheon interested characters around the family you're setting up.

Maybe I didn't make it that clear. Let me try to elaborate :-).
For the sake of easy reading I'll answer per point :-).

1: Douglas isn't a brother of Robert. He's his cousin. The age difference in itself isn't that much: Robert was 35 at the time of his death, my character is only 3 years older. As he is his cousin, Douglas Baratheon doesn't have a direct claim on the throne.
2: concerning the personality: cold/reserving + charming don't go hand in hand. I agree, that's what we call it hypocrisy  ;).
3: This is tied to the first issue. The parents aren't Robert's parents, rather the brother of Robert's father. So I'm leaving the structure Robert - Joffrey intact, though I omitted Stannis and Renly.

However, if you still feel you can't agree in spite of my arguments, let me know and I will change the profile. I think the main issue was the relation to Robert.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

Quote from: Delirium147 on June 08, 2012, 07:38:37 AM
1: Douglas isn't a brother of Robert. He's his cousin. The age difference in itself isn't that much: Robert was 35 at the time of his death, my character is only 3 years older. As he is his cousin, Douglas Baratheon doesn't have a direct claim on the throne.
2: concerning the personality: cold/reserving + charming don't go hand in hand. I agree, that's what we call it hypocrisy  ;).
3: This is tied to the first issue. The parents aren't Robert's parents, rather the brother of Robert's father. So I'm leaving the structure Robert - Joffrey intact, though I omitted Stannis and Renly.

However, if you still feel you can't agree in spite of my arguments, let me know and I will change the profile. I think the main issue was the relation to Robert.

Being his cousin causes a very different problem, possibly two. If he's from a cadet branch of House Baratheon he's got no place as Lord of Storm's End, if anybody makes a Baratheon brother to Robert it would be very hard to explain why a brother is replaced by a cousin. The second problem being that depending on your approaching to his lessened claim to a throne it removes his status as one of the Kings in the War of Five Kings, which changes things considerably.

As for his personality, that's not hypocrisy that's just conflicting personality traits. I've personally never met someone with all the negative character traits you've listed for your character and can also be charming. They just don't mesh.

The Dark Raven

Have to work in a few hours, but hoping to get some edits sent your way before I head out today, Primarch. :)

Also, for those who don't know...I work 7 on 7 off, so my schedule is whonky.  Even more so this summer when I have some 7s and mostly 4 on 3 off (due to me covering for another person on the opposite week).  So, best way to get ahold of me is on here, and I can get to things on my phone, but can't post (well, anyway). 

I am always closeby, but I am going on my 7 on today. :)

Delirium147

Quote from: Primarch on June 08, 2012, 09:09:51 AM
Being his cousin causes a very different problem, possibly two. If he's from a cadet branch of House Baratheon he's got no place as Lord of Storm's End, if anybody makes a Baratheon brother to Robert it would be very hard to explain why a brother is replaced by a cousin. The second problem being that depending on your approaching to his lessened claim to a throne it removes his status as one of the Kings in the War of Five Kings, which changes things considerably.

As for his personality, that's not hypocrisy that's just conflicting personality traits. I've personally never met someone with all the negative character traits you've listed for your character and can also be charming. They just don't mesh.

Oh! I didn't know I was supposed to be playing a claimant. Maybe you could outline what the canon is which we are using and what not? Robert is dead, ok. What about the offspring? Is it incestuous or not? I need to know otherwise Douglas' supposed claim to the throne isn't strong. Is Joffrey King on the Iron Throne? Which houses have claimants? You state they're encouraged but what it they aren't filled?

Also, if Robert doesn't have any brothers, the cadet-branch thing isn't an issue. The rights and titles would just pass on to them then.

Two options:
Turning him into Robert's brother then and make the character changes as they seem to spite you so.

Playing as Stannis (with Renly living/existing or not).

What carries your preference? :-)

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

Robert will have at least one brother as we have an app coming in and if characters are not replaced by a PC I'm going to generally assume canons are in place. There's also an app for the King being made by Vostroya, you can contact him to get details to resolve the incest issue.

Trafalgar

@Primarch, in what relation should I have my Baratheon to Robert? Cousin, younger brother etc.
Oh bliss! Bliss and heaven! Oh, it was gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh. It was like a bird of rarest-spun heaven metal or like silvery wine flowing in a spaceship, gravity all nonsense now. As I slooshied, I knew such lovely pictures!

Delirium147

Changed my character. He is now of House Arryn as well.  ;)

See if this is more to your liking, Primarch.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Trafalgar

Finished now!

Name: Lord Connor Baratheon
House: Baratheon of Dragonstone
Titles/Positions:
Lord of Dragonstone (Official)
The Lucky Lord

Appearance: (Heavy pic)

Equipment:
-A short-sword called "Stag March".
-Stiletto which he keeps concealed on him at all times.

Strengths & Skills: Born-leader, persuasive, wiling to do anything for the good of his people, considered lucky by others.
Connor is a "Lord of the people", he has been seen helping farmhands bring in the harvest, mending sails of his fisherman's boats and inviting lower people to his castle banquets. Nothing is more important than the support of the people, and he is loved across the island, its people filled with vigour and enthusiasm for their Lord making the land great once more, this makes them work harder and longer and his troops are more than willing to give their lives for his.
Connor has displayed many moments of luck to his Bannermen at their meetings, taking risks on major political decisions and favouring one lower house over another. As such he has earned the pseudonym the "Lucky Lord".

Weaknesses: Alcohol, takes one too many risks, quick to anger, trusts too easily, more than meets the eye, his own sexual desires.
Behind his "Lord of the people" façade lies one of rape and violence, his bodyguards trade stories of how whores and maids enter his chambers and leave crying and covered in bruises or worse. Tales also tell of him murdering his lover, from a petty dispute over lighting the fireplace at night.

Backstory:
Connor was born the second son of Lord Steffon and Lady Cassana, of House Baratheon. He was raised in the shadow of his older brother, who was heir to the Lord of the Stormlands, as a result Connor's mother and father spent more time grooming and loving him, while Connor was raised by Maester Brynn an old hermit who was more of a father to the young Lord than Steffon ever could. Connor would take all of Maester Brynn's teachings to heart, Brynn told him that a Lord's most valuable resource is his people, and if he ever came to rule his own lands he would need the people eating out of his hands.

When Robert and Connor were still young, they witnessed the death of their parents, Robert was sent to foster with House Arryn while Connor remained within Storm's End, under Maester Brynn's teachings. As he grew the wall between the ruling class and the common people started to disappear, Connor became popular with both rich and poor holding banquets once a month to celebrate the efforts of the people, he would sit in taverns as a teenager and buy every patron within drinks until his purse was empty. He even accompanied his soldiers on patrol's, defending the people of the Stormlands from the age of 16. His teenage life also brought love in the eyes of Juno Swann of House Swann, Bannermen of House Baratheon, the two were inseparable and Connor was rarely seen without her. The two spoke of marriage from a young age, but both were afraid to commit.

When Robert rebelled against the Targaryen's, Connor was first tasked by Robert with defending Storm's Landing, initially the Tyrell attackers counted only 400 men on the walls, but after Connor rallied the hearts of the people the number almost doubled and he held the castle until relief arrived. As the war started to turn, Connor took it upon himself to seize Dragonstone from the Targaryen loyalist's, which he accomplished after a week of siege warfare. Connor spoke personally to the inhabitants of Dragonstone, after Baratheon forces took over the island, he swore to them a better life under the banner of the Stag and told them the age of the Dragon was over. It was slow at first but the people slowly yielded to his rule, bards even wrote a song about his famous speech named, "The age of the Stag". After Robert took the Iron Throne, Connor was given Dragonstone as his seat of authority and founded the cadet House of Baratheon. He continued to hate and serve his brother, helping crush House Greyjoy in their own petty rebellion, no matter how much his people loved him, he was still a figure in the shadow of King Robert.

News of Robert's untimely death did not move Connor, but instead filled him with a new sense of power and opportunity, he knew that his nephew could never rule an entire kingdom and even went so far as to denounce the new king. Though he eventually apologised and swore his loyalty, Connor has already plunged himself into the fires of conflict, his verbal attack on the new king has earned him many enemies already and news of his outburst has sparked a fuse of rebellion back in Dragonstone. His people want him to take his rightful place as King, it is only a matter of time for Connor Baratheon.

bubby

:(  ....our pic has to be a real pic? But...

I sent you a PM with some questions Primarch.

Primarch

Okay, this game is quickly getting much bigger then I can handle on my own, between the posts that pop up here while I'm away and the PMs I'm receiving I'm starting to lose track of who's doing what.

Before things go any further, is there anyone interested in helping me mod this game? I have no intention of modding it in terms of playing NPCs, but just to keep track of what's going on, resolve what army wins a battle when that happens & sort through characters.

Delirium147

Quote from: Primarch on June 09, 2012, 08:04:19 AM
Okay, this game is quickly getting much bigger then I can handle on my own, between the posts that pop up here while I'm away and the PMs I'm receiving I'm starting to lose track of who's doing what.

Before things go any further, is there anyone interested in helping me mod this game? I have no intention of modding it in terms of playing NPCs, but just to keep track of what's going on, resolve what army wins a battle when that happens & sort through characters.

If nobody else wants to, then I'll chip in. If you'll have me of course :-). I'm new to this site, but I've run my fair share of games on other forums.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

The Dark Raven

Primarch, I have extensive offsite experience managing games (full forums) over several years.  If you need me, drop me a line. :)

JerichoMyers

I'd like to reserve the heir to Baratheon of Dragonstone..... Is that possible?

bubby

I'd help but I seem to be a jinx when it comes to GMing games.

Trafalgar

Quote from: JerichoMyers on June 09, 2012, 11:59:50 AM
I'd like to reserve the heir to Baratheon of Dragonstone..... Is that possible?

Well I am making the current head, wanna PM so ideas and a joint history?

bubby

I have grocery shopping to do (OH GAWD YES PLEASE FOOD), and when I return I'll post up my Greyjoy. I think my PM got lost among those that inundated Primarch...lol, so I'm just going to make her like I asked about, and then if it's not right I'll change whatever is needed!

Trafalgar

Finished my CS! Back on page 4

Kirce

I could be tempted to play a female in the house Baratheon of Dragonstone, maybe the daughter, if it's possible? Trafalgar, since you're the current head feel free to PM me sometime too! Same goes for JerichoMyers!

bubby

Ok...here's my sheet. I somehow think I'll need to change some things..? But no worries...just let me know! And no... at the moment I can't think of any weaknesses...

Name: Kyra Greyjoy (Lady Krakan)
House: House Greyjoy
Titles/Positions: Daughter and Heir

Equipment: Her own ship, called Storm Crusher, as well as Command of 30 more. Several loyal men. A pair of Kukri, the hilts styled with dragon heads, taken from her first raid.

Strengths & Skills: Kyra is a fierce woman, some say her veins run with sea-water, not blood. She commands her ships and her men easily, has won their loyalty with strength and blood. She can pull a ship through the harshest storm, and can fight in battle alongside the best of warriors. She can drink with the best of them, fight with the best of them, and fuck with the best of them.

Weaknesses:

Backstory: Daughter to the self-styled King of the Iron Isles, Ironborn through and through, she was raised as heir when her fathers sons were killed in the war. Now that the Baratheon is dead, the Ironborn see the strife of the greenlands, and receive ravens on the battle for the Iron Throne. That doesn't matter to those of the Iron Isles. All they see is opportunity. The entire eastern coast will be open now, open for raiding.... and Kyra plans on reminding all that the name Greyjoy should be respected.

Trafalgar

We still going ahead with this?

Kate

(I may bow out of this one .. just realised how many Im already in .. )

bubby

Apologies, but I'm backing out.

Vostroya

JDrew Spider

O.O???

Is there something a miss here?

Spider Hole
Apologies

Delirium147

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 12, 2012, 05:14:05 PM
O.O???

Is there something a miss here?

I think this is dead in the water.

Ons & Offs
Request Thread
A&As
Available on Discord.

Primarch

Quote from: Delirium147 on June 12, 2012, 05:31:48 PM
I think this is dead in the water.

Probably my fault, I did vanish for a few days.

If somebody else wants the idea by all means. S'all yours. Apologies to those that were still interested.

The Dark Raven

I may latch onto it, but I'm doing some research as to what I want to do with the story and what time period, etc.

If anyone is interested still, please drop me a PM and I will keep you up to date.

Kate

It is a pretty ambitious theme, done well it would be great.

A big choke point / ask of the GM tho.

( Lily, phps you may want to put feelers out for Co-gms first ? )

Dashenka

Don't you have too much roles set? Just my two cents. Wouldn't it be easier to comprehend for people and yourself if you limited roles to what people want to play?

Also what is the plot setting you had in mind? Same as GoT?
Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals and I get my back into my living.

I don't need to fight to prove I'm right and I don't need to be forgiven.

The Dark Raven

Kate:  I've done this before (organizing full storylines with many people involved), just not on E, so no worries.

Dashenka:  Starting over and the timeline is in discussions with the players who have PMed me with interest.  When we get a brain session done, I will repost with more details. If you want in on the pow wow, just send me a PM. :)