News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

On the Death of Google Reader...

Started by Tharic, March 14, 2013, 08:33:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tharic

Today is a sad day my friends.

Google has announced that they are going to sunset (for those of you not in software development, that means retire a product) Google Reader. A product many people, myself included, have used every single day for the past 6 or 7 years now.

I realize many of you will simply have no idea of the ease of use that Google Reader simply brings, and that's understandable. The level of user is vastly different between who would use Google Reader and who wouldn't. It's much similar to who would use a Windows machine and who would use a Linux machine.

If you aren't familiar with Google Reader, I invite you to take a look at the wikipedia article for  it

*sighs*

I also present you one of the best videos you may find on the topic..

Hitler finds out Google Reader will be shut down

ZephySempai

Oh My God... That was THE funniest thing I've seen in a LOOONG time!

I am crying, not only for the video, but for the fact that I know a few people who use Reader religiously, and they seem so happy; like they found something so epic they didn't even want to brag about it for fear of it becoming mainstream.

I really feel for people who use Reader, and even though I've never used it before myself, I've always thought of giving it a try. Now I feel like I missed out.

Gonna watch that video a few more times now though, to make myself feel better.

Shjade

You know, I think that video meme might be the one context in which Hitler being portrayed as liking something doesn't mean that thing should be reviled.

I mean, really, think about it. If Hitler's that upset about Google Reader's decommissioning, wouldn't that usually mean it's a good thing it happened?
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.