Game-On! (Interest Check)

Started by OHWceta, February 22, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

UPDATE!!!
RP Thread is now up!!!Link included below! V______V

Im going off a similar concept to "Wreck it Ralph" using videogames, but of course being more adult oriented content-wise. Also instead of an arcade, the characters will live inside a videogame system (unnamed brand, as to include cross-overs of games which may be console exclusive). I'd prefer to use parody names for games based off real games instead of the actual game itself (exceptions being Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and most of the older classics)

I have some ideas for a plot but would like to expand further based on your interests. What I mean, depending on our characters, there could be unlimited additional side-plots for our characters to expand on.

World:
Here are some current ideas for worlds. I'd like to expand on this list using suggestions from you guys:
----
Fantasy World (like earlier Final Fantasy games where the team consists of classes like Mage, Warrior, Ect.)
Kiddy game world (open to suggestions, this would be similar to "Sugar Rush" in WiR, though it doesn't HAVE to be a racing game, unless you guys want Mass Impact (Mass Effect)
G-Force Racing (F-Zero)
High Plains Drifter (Red Dead Redemption)
Soul Savior (Soul Calibur)
Post-apocalyptic world
Sky King: Blade Bomb Brawl  (Equivilant to Jet Set Radio, ect.)
Dire Destinies: (Final Fantasy)
King of the Ring (Street Fighter)
Guitar Destiny (Guitar Hero warriors of rock)
Blood Red Honor (Red Ninja End of honor)
Pitch Black (The Darkness)

If you guys have certain preferences on a fighting game or Sci-Fi game, ect. in addition to ideas for new worlds, feel free to let me know.

Characters: Currently we're a few short on female characters.
Character Template:
Name:
Appearance: (Detailed description, pictures optional)
Relationship Status: (Single, Divorced, Widowed, ect. As well as "Open to relationships, not interested in relationships, ect.)
Orientation: (Streight, Gay, Bi, ect.)
Role: (Sci-Fi shooter, Race car driver, Fantasy Mage, ect.)
Affiliation: (Hero, Bad-Anon, League of Shadows)*
World: Fake Game name for RP (Real game based on.)
Bio: Character's history involving in-game and console (out-of-game) life.

*Bad-Anon are villains in-game who behave as good guys out-of-game. League of Shadows are villains outside their game but can be any role inside their game.

Roles:
Heroes
Male Lead/Button Mashing Action Game (Me)
Female Lead/Fantasy Character (Mage) - ElusiveM00se
Sci-fi shooter game character - Karma
Arcade Racer - MzHyde
Skater - hippyness
Kiddie Character - (Me)
White Mage - ElusiveM00se
Cowboy - Major Major
Fighting Game Character - Tenshinhan
Creature Trainer - apygoos
Guitar Hero - CurvyKitten
Ninja Assassin - CurvyKitten

Villains
Oblivion (Soul Savior)
Col. Gagarin (Mass Impact: Black-Ops)
Pauline (Donkey Kong)
James Crowley (Pitch Black)
----
Currently we have 5 male (5 approved, 1 pending), 5 female (5 approved, none pending). For in-character relationships I'd like to keep a balance for this RP.

Certain roles can be combined as well. One idea I was toying with was having the female lead become the kiddie character and trying to find her way back to becoming her older adult form, as well as finding her lost lover (the Male Lead) who will be a surprise reveal later in the plot.

If the female lead would not like this position then I can scratch the idea. I would however, like to use the idea of having the kiddie character trying to become older for a romantic reason (since underage sexual content is forbidden and not something I would approve of even if it were allowed)

Just remember, this story is highly dependant on suggestions from you guys as RPers, I'd like to include more characters and worlds based on the preferences you guys decide on.

Main RP Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=167208.0
OOC Thread: Coming Soon!
Approved Character Thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166870.msg7792544#msg7792544
World Data Thread: Coming Soon!
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

AndyZ

Never saw Wreck it Ralph, but it sounds like an interesting enough concept that I'll be keeping an eye on this.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

I might be interested in doing a Commander Shepard spinoff. Those who've seen the movie, but aren't familiar with Mass Effect, would know this type of character as Sergeant Calhoun.

MzHyde

I'm interested but I'd like to know more about the plot.

hippyness

Put me down as interested. I recently saw Wreck it Ralph in theaters again and it got me thinking about something like this.

I like the idea of a childish character looking to upgrade their avatar to a more adult form. It sounds like a good plot hook and leaves plenty of room for macguffins to chase after as well as an end point, because all good stories need an ending.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I saw it 3 times. Then read a fanfiction which inspired me to do an RP.

Quote from: AndyZ on February 22, 2013, 03:18:59 PM
Never saw Wreck it Ralph, but it sounds like an interesting enough concept that I'll be keeping an eye on this.

That's why I'm going with mostly OCs and brand new worlds as opposed to making this a WiR RP.

Quote from: MzHyde on February 22, 2013, 04:29:55 PM
I'm interested but I'd like to know more about the plot.

Hit me up with any major questions you might have. A lot of my story will be open-ended to the players. We can add in sub-plots related to world specifics as well as ones depending on character relation. Aside from the concepts I said I'd like to include earlier, the plot will start out with the female lead and male lead suffering an incident which splits them apart. (This part is really dependant on if the female lead wants to get turned into the kid character or not, if she doesn't then she is just re-configured into a new body, same age, with no memory of her past besides a desire to find "him".) The same thing happens to the male lead, only he gets reconfigured into a different form (which will be a surprise but it'll be easy to figure out early on in the RP).
Several years later the owner of the gaming system gets an online account and strange new characters begin to appear in the game (Such as doubles of some of the characters, "2 Marios? something strange is going on here."
The first person shooters will likely be the first ones to notice since they seem to be the popular ones played online, but when they go to other game characters about their concern, nobody believes them and thinks it's just PTSD from being a shooter. Though a few other characters really believe them and help to investigate (the main characters) Only after a tragic accident (angry girlfriend smashing system) does the real plot reveal itself. When the system is taken to the shop for repairs the game characters begin to realize the truth behind who they really are and the sinister truth behind the programmers.

I'd really like to touch on the subject of older characters being re-configured into new data as they "die"
Since We're using a fictional gaming company, old systems are recycled into new ones so some characters might have been around in the 70's and get re-configured with each generation of game system.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
It would be kind of like Turbo becoming King Candy only he did it willfully for sinister reasons, trying to replace characters in a game which he didn't belong.
Characters like Megaman and Mario just get upgraded and don't really change, but characters in say, a generic racing game that loses popularity in the 80's get reconfigured into the characters of the new popular racing game that comes out.
Also touching on the idea of "same character, unique experience" which will be a shocker when a game character from console A meets a character who belongs to console B, who's is identical to them in appearance but has a different personality.

I intend to have quite a few surprises and twists as the RP progresses so there are some plot specifics I can't get into.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

MzHyde

I could do like a fantasy character. I might have an idea or two.

OHWceta

What Class? (We'll go with old final fantasy ones like white mage, black mage, red mage, warrior, thief, ect.)

Dont forget, the RP is open to suggestions for new world ideas. The roles list are also just suggestions, aside from the female lead, as long as the characters are unique they are welcome.

If anyone has good ideas for parody names for any games, feel free to suggest them. (Like Heroes Duty was named to sound like Call of Duty in WiR)

How about "Large Result" for Mass Effect? >_>

hippyness

What about an older extreme sporty style game, like Jet Set Radio or any of the Tony Hawks? If there's a place to grind and trick one of them is bound to follow. As well as constantly remind you why the 90's ended.
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

I'll confess I know absolutely nothing about sports, but that's why we're making OC games intead of using the real ones. It'd give us some interesting characters though if anyone wants to claim the roles.

But, my biggest issue is that Sports games are generally based in the (modern) real world, this wouldn't provide us with much of a fantasy-styled world to explore. Though Jet Set Radio looks like a good style for the RP.
I do kind of like the idea of a sports character in the game though, "How are you going to kill a giant alien by throwing a ball?"  "I'll think of something."   Just an example.

I figured I'd wait until we had some of the sub-worlds fleshed out a little bit more but having a cast of characters might help the process.
Character Template:
Name:
Appearance: (Detailed description, pictures optional)
Relationship Status: (Single, Divorced, Widowed, ect. As well as "Open to relationships, not interested in relationships, ect.)
Orientation: (Streight, Gay, Bi, ect.)
Role: (Sci-Fi shooter, Race car driver, Fantasy Mage, ect.)
World: Fake Game name for RP (Real game based on.)
Bio: Character's history involving in-game and console (out-of-game) life.

JET SET RADIO GAME PLAY

Jet Set Radio is pretty highly stylized, I think something like that would be a good fit.

Name: Colonel Jeanette Gagarin
Relationship Status: Available
Orientation: Bisexual
Role: Sci-Fi Shooter
World: Large Result (Mass Effect)
Bio: In-game, Colonel Gagarin is the poster child for the Confederation's war effort against the extra-galactic, immensely powerful Harvesters. She is also a member of the elite Revenant spec ops agency, which carries out small teams missions that would be considered suicide for anyone else. A natural leader, she is not a simple meathead - she's quick to adapt to circumstances and has a strong problem-solving intelligence, even if she doesn't have the education to grasp certain high-science concepts.
Out-game, Jeanette usually seeks relaxation. It's a tough job saving the universe, and so she usually ends up on the beach, watching the bouncy girls play volleyball or at the bar looking for men or women to share a bed with. Her weapon is always at her side, as trouble can strike anywhere, anytime.

apygoos

im definitely interested in this,and will likely take a spot. bookmarked.

hippyness

Quote from: OHWceta on February 23, 2013, 09:07:07 AM
I'll confess I know absolutely nothing about sports, but that's why we're making OC games intead of using the real ones. It'd give us some interesting characters though if anyone wants to claim the roles.

But, my biggest issue is that Sports games are generally based in the (modern) real world, this wouldn't provide us with much of a fantasy-styled world to explore. Though Jet Set Radio looks like a good style for the RP.
I do kind of like the idea of a sports character in the game though, "How are you going to kill a giant alien by throwing a ball?"  "I'll think of something."   Just an example.

I don't mean sports games like football or basketball types. Like in Karma's video. Toss in some Crazy Taxi one liners and SSX trick styles. Yeah....

On the same note, does any remember ProStars? Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and Bo Jackson were kind of super heroes. I remember watching the show but not if it was good or not. It was followed by the Michael Jackson cartoon so put it on that level.

I'll post up a character shortly with the character sheet.

OHWceta

Added it to the worlds list.

I play mostly similar Genres of games so I'm deffintly trying to reach out to bring in unique variety to the RP.

MzHyde

Roxi, Arcade Racer
Roxi's Victory Screen

Name:Roxi Rocket
Role:Arcade Racer
World:G-Force Racing [F-Zero]
Bio:Roxanne Racquel goes by the in-game name 'Roxi Rocket' in her game G-Force Racing. Her in-game backstory is that she is the only female racer in a racing league supposedly dominated entirely by men. Little do fans and gamers know that the mysterious Racer Omega is, in fact, a female and Roxi's sister! In game Roxi works all the tropes she's supposed to; she's the determined female racer in a man's world who maintains a cheery and outgoing attitude. She's the underdog for people who like underdogs and the female for girl games (or guys that like looking at ladies). Outside of the game, in 'real life', Roxi is pretty laid-back and not quite as stupidly peppy as she's programmed to appear in-game. She's still got that same fire and determination to succeed, though, and takes racing seriously. She spends a lot of time working on her speeder, 'Cherrybomb', even though it gets reset to it's default parameters with the start of each new game day. Also, the 'mysterious' Racer Omega is just her neighbor Tanya from across the hall.

Gunnar & Sonya, JRPG Heroes
On vacation in Extreme Beach Girl Volleybal Island!

Name:Gunnar & Sonya
Role:JRPG Heroes
World:Dragon Fantasy VI: Crystal Chronicles [Dragon Quest]
Bio:Gunnar and Sonya are an inseparable duo from the Dragon Fantasy series of games. They were introduced as party members in Dragon Fantasy IV and proved popular enough to get re-introduced in the next game. In Dragon Fantasy VI they've been relegated to recruit-able, but secret characters. Gunnar is the beefy brick wall type of tank character and Sonya, his ever-faithful companion, fills the 'strong girl' stereotype. He's slightly passive, but brave and loyal to his friends. She's hot-headed and eager to fight for a cause she believes in. Together, they've been in world-saving hero parties for well over two-hundred hours. Outside the game, however, they long for the spotlight and hope for a game of their own. They're tired of being out of the spotlight when, face it, Gunnar is the one taking all the hits and Sonya is the one dealing the most damage. Unfair! They also constantly worry about the decline of JRPG's as a whole, even though the Dragon Fantasy saga is one of the longest lasting and most popular. They're not married, but Sonya is always dropping hints.

Maria Marina, Action Platformer Princess
Promotional image for Princess Maria: Revenge of The Dinolings

Name:Princess Maria Marina
Role:Action Platformer (Gritty Reboot)
World:Super Maria [Mario Bros.]
Bio:Maria Marina's been an action game staple since the early 80's and her games have always featured smooth controls, lots of power-ups, and iconic characters. These kids today just don't get the simple things, though, so developers have brought her back for a gritty reboot that nobody asked for. In a much darker version of the Shitake Kingdom, Princess Maria Marina is suddenly attacked by her old nemesis the Dino King. He kidnapped her sister and destroyed her castle. Now it's time for her to set things right with the help of a giant talking hammer and tons of blood and swearing! Rated M for Mature. On the one hand, Maria likes being in the spotlight again. On the other, the Princess isn't -quite- so enjoying having to smash all those heads in with her big hammer. It can be exhilarating at times, though. Maybe she might grow to enjoy this...

-Looking to play as Roxi (above) but I was inspired and came up with two more based on pictures I had lying around. So, those are open if anyone wants to play them, feel free.-

OHWceta

I like the concepts, I'll work on adding their game worlds to my current list!

Though I failed to mention. I noticed how Maria is from a game equivilant to Mario Bros. While newer games will in-fact be parodied, older classics will actually be mentioned as their published universe Self (Pac-Man, Mario, Sonic, Megaman, Donkey Kong, Pitfall Harry, ect.  Much in a similar way WiR made Heroes Duty which was pardied from CoD, but kept the classics around. (But at the same time there can be parody spin off games that don't really exist which can be made up in this world.
I doubt it needs mentioning but I'll also bring up that when I say parody, that doesn't mean it HAS to be funny. Here Parody just means taking the base concept and changing some things so it's OC, but still rsemble the original in a few ways.

ElusiveM00se

After reading through this thread - I have an idea for a "white mage"-themed character who lost her powers for some reason related to the plot (or sub-plot, if your main plot doesn't mesh with this idea)?

However, I saw a few profiles already for fantasy characters. Are you allowing more than one? I didn't want to make up a bio if I was already out of luck, yanno? :)

I would be happy to create a bio upon request/idea acceptance. Thanks and good luck! Happy writing!
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

The fantasy characters so far haven't been mages.

We still need a female lead if you're interested (It could explain her losing her powers as a result of re-programming maybe)

apygoos

so many options >.< i don't know what to play!

ElusiveM00se

I have a lot of RPs going already, solos, though. This would be my first group. What kind of posting frequency were you looking for? Some days I can post 1-5xDay, sometimes it's 1xWeek. I don't want to put you in a bad position, or hold anything up. If you want me, though, I don't mind doing your female lead, unless someone else wants it.
O/O's Thread Limited Availability ~ All for One (Non-Adult Fantasy, M/F Romance)

~~May the Bacon be with you...~~

OHWceta

Quote from: apygoos on February 23, 2013, 05:41:18 PM
so many options >.< i don't know what to play!
We could use a few more males so there's  a balance in the cast. dont want anyone left out of the romance scenes...unless they want to of course.

Quote from: ElusiveM00se on February 23, 2013, 05:42:06 PM
I have a lot of RPs going already, solos, though. This would be my first group. What kind of posting frequency were you looking for? Some days I can post 1-5xDay, sometimes it's 1xWeek. I don't want to put you in a bad position, or hold anything up. If you want me, though, I don't mind doing your female lead, unless someone else wants it.
I'm looking at an official post rate of 1 or 2 per week.  Thanks to school I sometimes only have time for once a week, though on slow weeks (slow school and work, not RPing) I can post once a day.

This goes for the main plot. If say, 2 more active posters get into a romance scene and want to finish the scenario in once day, it wont be discouraged. Just as long as we dont end up having a person scrolling through 5 pages of side-story before finding where the plot left off.

If need be I can whip together a male character.