Dragon Age [Interest Check]

Started by Primarch, June 08, 2011, 11:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

Primarch the character is finished.

Primarch

QuoteBlood Sacrifice- Generally the original blood sacrifice is to sacrifice the health of an ally. But Vishion has revised this with his very own touches and has made it so he drains the blood and transfers the blood of the enemies into healing him and his allies.
Oh no you don't sunshine! You want to play with Forbidden Magic, you deal with the consequences!

Otherwise its fine, although if he's a Grey Warden you might want to reference that in the backstory, and for the sake of consistency if you could list his armour & any trinkets he has in equipment it would be great. You can leave the paragraph at the end describing the ensemble, but if gear changes during the game having a list you can quickly edit would be handy, and make for other people's quick glancing of what characters are/have easier. My own glancing included.

Alliance

Quote from: Primarch on June 10, 2011, 03:32:33 PM
Oh no you don't sunshine! You want to play with Forbidden Magic, you deal with the consequences!

The issue is said we had to choose a certain amount of spells. But I never used Blood Sacrifice to begin with in my own game. I had it because its what unlocked blood control.

But, the issue is I use my teammates against the monsters. The reason why I don't use Blood Sacrifice is because it seems counter productive when they are my human meat shields.

Primarch

Quote from: Alliance on June 10, 2011, 06:43:12 PM
The issue is said we had to choose a certain amount of spells. But I never used Blood Sacrifice to begin with in my own game. I had it because its what unlocked blood control.

But, the issue is I use my teammates against the monsters. The reason why I don't use Blood Sacrifice is because it seems counter productive when they are my human meat shields.

Don't use it if you worry about its counter productive nature, but changing what spells do just opens a whole flood gate of things I'd really rather avoid. If you want blood control you need sacrifice, so get it, get blood control then forget about sacrifice.

Scribbles

Personally, I hope you do use Sacrifice at some point. Sounds like it'd be a fun ability for the rest of us to type up reactions to, especially if its effects are subtle.
AA and OO
Current Games: Stretched Thin, Very Little Time

Destiny Ascension

Annnny possibility there is some room still in this game? :D
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."
Andraste's flaming sword! I know where babies come from!

Primarch

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on June 10, 2011, 07:31:22 PM
Annnny possibility there is some room still in this game? :D

Sure, although I believe you just might be the last new person. Between yourself, those with characters approved and the others who are interested I reckon we got enough for a fine game.

Destiny Ascension

Thank you! I'll have a character up soon. :)

Are there any character restrictions?
"Build courage when courage seems to fail, gain faith when there seems to be little cause for faith, create hope when hope becomes forlorn."

Primarch

Quote from: Destiny Ascension on June 10, 2011, 07:56:41 PM
Thank you! I'll have a character up soon. :)

Are there any character restrictions?

Just follow the template/character sheet on the opening page and you should be fine. Level 10 characters, keep things reasonable and you should be fine.

Alliance

Quote from: Scribbles on June 10, 2011, 07:21:14 PM
Personally, I hope you do use Sacrifice at some point. Sounds like it'd be a fun ability for the rest of us to type up reactions to, especially if its effects are subtle.

All right. I'll leave it as using his allies.

I can imagine an interesting situation.

Destiny Ascension

Name: Kilenna Marlow
Race: Human
Origin: Seeker of Truth

Appearance:

Character Type: Warrior
Specializations: Champion, Templar
Talents/Spells:
- Powerful
- Shield Bash, Shield Pummel
- Shield Defense, Shield Balance, Shield Wall
- Warcry
- Riteous Strike, Cleanse Area, Mental Fortress, Holy Smite

Skills:
- Coersion(3)
- Clairty(1)
- Improved Combat Training(2)

Equipment:
- Seeker Armor ( Steel - Tier 3 )
- Templar Blade ( Red Steel - Tier 5 )
- Templar Shield ( Veridium - Tier 4 )
- Surveyor
- Charm of Still Waters

Personality: Quick-witted, tactically minded, religiously devoted
Mira is a good example of how the Chantry can produce effective, strong and loyal people. Her training as a Templar is only a small part of what makes her a devout follower of the Andrastian Chantry and loyal servant of the Divine. She is calm and unemotional, task oriented, precise in everything she does and has shown courage in the face of everything from abominations and blood mages to darkspawn. She can show compassion and mercy just as easily as cold efficiency.

Backstory: Mira was born in an Ferelden town near Denerim just after the end of the war. She was raised by a Bann loyal to King Maric, but was orphaned early after her mother died of disease, while her father had died during the late stages of the war. Originally, she was going to be taken in by another Bann, but was given to the Chantry. She was raised by the Chantry to become a sister, but felt that becoming a templar was better suited to her, and so she was trained in Denerim as a templar, taught to use lyrium to fuel her attempts to stop mages from using their powers, how to fight mages and do so effectively.

She eventually completed her training and was stationed in Redcliffe for a short while, never doing much more than guarding the Chantry and occasionally chasing off some bandits outside the village, while her comrades were always the ones to head out and find mages who had run from the Circle or apostates that were discovered. After a few years, however, she got her chance in the form of a blood mage who had killed a templar just outside of Redcliffe, and a manhunt was initated. It took almost 2 years for the mage to be found, and during which, a Seeker of Truth had been dispatched from Orlais to find this mage, who had killed templars and chantry priests from Antiva to Ferelden.

To Mira's fortune, she tracked down the mage just before a Seeker did, and managed to fight and kill the mage all before the Seeker arrived. When she did arrive, the Seeker was impressed, but didn't show it. For a few more months Mira basked in the glow of success in Redcliffe before suddenly being transfered to the Ferelden Circle of Magi for only a short year, before she was summoned to the Grand Cathedral in Val Royeaux. One year later, she was a Seeker herself.

Primarch

Looks good, post it up.

With that I reckon we got enough to start, but I haven't slept (its now 5:26 in the morning in my parts) and I got a taxi coming in about an hour to bring me to a bus station for a very long bus ride followed by a flight over twice as long. I'll have internet is my destination but I hope you understand if it takes a bit to set up the thread.

Those of you not yet with approved characters can take the time to get'em in order before we begin!

PearlRuby

Yaaaay a templar! just what we needed  ;D

To sleep, perchance to dream ... All the world's a stage.
Ons and Offs     Ideas / Requests     A&A

Alliance

Going to be some interesting interaction between the Apostate and the Templar I'm sure of that.

Edit:

Primarch, I finished Blood Sacrifice reedit to its original form. Am I finally accepted?

Primarch

Apologies for a very long delay! I was in America for 8 days and thought I'd have more internet access then I did. However, if people are still interested then we can start at once!

bubby

*POUNCES!* YAY! I'm still here, if that matters...lol. I'll get in touch of Hanged and see if he's still in, since he NEEDS to be here to hold my hand for this game anyway!

Question Mark

Still willing to get this on!  Maybe your long absence is a good thing; less interested people may have moved on.   :)

(And ya, as someone who's frequently moved/travelled, American internet SUCKS).

Machete

As much as I'd like to take part in this game, my muse is refusing to allow me to come up with, even, the most basic personality and bio for Calypso.  Thus, I'll have to withdraw from, at least, the starting party.

Scribbles

AA and OO

Primarch

Well alright then, we can start!

And yes Alliance, I believe the character is fine.

TheHangedOne

THM reporting in, sir! Willing and able.  :D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Destiny Ascension

Primarch

Scribbles

Sorry for the delay in posting, my time was abruptly sntached from me. I'll try have one up by tomorrow morning.
AA and OO

Primarch

Delightful!
~Think I'll do a post myself now. <.< I'll try again in the morning.