Interest check: Something vaguely Christmas-themed

Started by redryder, November 10, 2010, 03:16:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redryder

I'd love, love, love to do a large-ish group Christmas story RP, but I totally get that it wouldn't be for everyone. I'd want 10-12 dedicated players, playing characters along a fairly even gender split.

I even have some VERY rudimentary ideas for what might be the center of the story:

--Some sort of large family gathering, like in one of those "everybody gets together for the holidays" movies.

--Something set in Victorian/Dickensian times, with a heavy Christmas theme, probably running from the very poor to the rich.

--Something set in a Christmas "land," that's out of time and very holiday-heavy (like the world Jack Skellington stumbles upon in Nightmare Before Christmas).

--Something else we come up with as a group. (In particular, a group of refugees riding out the holidays during World War II in an old country home could be fun, as could a Christmas ghost story.)

I'm up for anything. Anybody else sufficiently intrigued by "something vaguely Christmas-themed"?

Karasu

sounds kinda nice.. count me in if you think of more.
Removed, due to vandalism.

Senti

redryder

Do any of the ideas I posted appeal? I can come up with something more concrete if I know in which direction people would like to go.

Karasu

I did mean something more concrete. but ya jsut more details is nice ^^
Removed, due to vandalism.

redryder

OK, here's what I'm thinking: The centerpiece of the story would be a large family that checks out an old country estate in the middle of nowhere to celebrate the holidays. There would be the family members, of course, but also one or two workers at the estate and at least a couple of ghosts. There would also be a small town near the estate, in case we really wanted to go nuts. The storyline would more or less focus on the family spending this last Christmas together before the various children go their separate ways and also probably trying to figure out what's up with the history of the estate.

There would be opportunity for partner swapping, but I'd rather keep direct incest out of the story. The focus shouldn't be the sex (though sex is fun!) but in creating a melancholy, kinda spooky holiday flavor. My thought is that I'd play the patriarch of the family, who's called this meeting for various reasons (which will become clear as the story plays out).

If this does not appeal, I have some backup ideas, but this is the one I like best.

Anybody interested?