Burning Streets: A streetwar, super-powered Rp

Started by Ironwolf85, May 14, 2011, 07:04:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ironwolf85

Welcome to Paradime City I won't lie, we've fallen on hard times, disease, war, fammine, government seclusion... yep... just another day in the beautiful world of Paradime USA.

This is going to be a simple, conflict, freeform Role Play. based on various games, movies, and my own ideas. the players are not placed in a Good Vs Evil conflict, but Law Vs Chaos.

USA Special Blackwatch Task force file#1197 History of paradime infection
The Darklight Virus was stolen from Gene-tech Bioweapons division by employee turned Terrorist as leverage, unleashed in Aurther station at 2200 when Blackwatch forces attempted to reclaim the virus. Terrorist eliminated, Number of infected: unknown
10:45 : First appearances of various Darklight symptoms, infection confermed, Paradime quartined, known affilations of terrorist contained/eliminated
1 week: United States Marines offically roll into city to provide secutiry for Bio-containment teams as they eliminate infection, command set up in Talon Park on southern edge of city.
2nd week: Blackwatch under direction of Red crown command, with assistance from Gene-tech develops Enforcer Program to help combat infectied, ironicly using geneitic data gained from Hazardious materals.
3d week: city 30% infected, infected are truely studied though zombielike they gather at "hives" these hives are indication of greater hive mind driving infected.
5th week: Bludtox developed, harmless to humans, Lethal to infected, spread from blowers and helicopters like pesticide.
3rd month: Infection driven underground, Marines declare victory.
4th month: Bludtox facility attacked, infected re-emerge, Blackwatch brings in aquatic command center, Infection loses potancy in water, city bridges demolished. Enforcer program bears results. 67% of population infected
6th month: infection driven to surface, Enforcers support blackwatch Troopers and Marines as they fight back infected horde.
9th month: hive mind forced into single form by constant attacks and genetic tech. new purely infected creatures appear.
2 years: Hive mind killed, infected become mindless horde, never recover. Blackwatch takes control of city from civilian government forming Paradime Biohazard Authority, Marines establish Blue Crown Base in Talon park. Enforcer program bears full fruits.

10 years: 30% of city remains infected dispite blackwatch attempts to destroy it, hordes roam the city killing civilians. more runners appear for the first time since inital outbreak. new hive mind does not form. civilian resistance in form of gangs and "The Eagle" terrorist group begin to make appearances. Eagles demand cure, they refuse to accept Darklight mutates too quick for a medical cure.
15 years: Now
End File

Long story short the Paradime is now split between the gangs, The Eagles, The Authority, and the remaining infection.

there are two types of Player characters both evolve depending on skills and are above baseline human.

Agents: created by genetic minuplation Agents are humans with accelerated evoloution, the more they fight the stronger they get, the more they run, the faster they get, the more they get hit the more resistant to damage they become. They are built with a genetic immunity to the infection, and so need no haz-mat gear, and cannot be absorbed by runners. They also have access to military hardware, and are given leeway in their missions, but the Authority ultimately holds their leash.

Runners: Runners, are infected humans who do not die or zombify, they become stronger, internalizing the virus. They evolve through absorbing other life around them able to take on appearances and skills of those the absorb regardless of species. They are not beholden to The Biohazard Authority, btu can get rather screwed up in the head.

Name:
Codename:
Type and Number: (Agent 2770, Runner 3341)
Race: (African American, European American, Asian American, and so on. after fifteen years, most of the population are american citizans now.)
Known Abilities:
Bio:
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

RipTide

This sounds pretty interesting! I'd like to play the role of one of the runners.

Posting Rate = 1-2 posts/story/week

What Does a Siren Crave? === What Does a Siren Prefer?

Ironwolf85

if this gets going I would be glad to have you.
I also mentioned the US Marines, in the citywide battle between these factions the US Marines are the National Government's eyes, ears and occasionally benovlent hand, enforcing the blockade around the city, but likewise bringing supplies in by boat and paradrop.
they might with blackwatch sometimes, but the average marine dislikes them, while Blackwatch sees them as amitures and expendible shock troops.
The two forces do not get along.
The marines are working on their own Agent program, and it might come up at some point.

They also send in the big guns if things get out of hand. if someone tries to detonate a nuke for example, or someone starts being a jackass in the game they might "accidently" get picked off by a marine sniper from across the city.
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Ironwolf85

The gangs can be made up as we go.
The Eagles are a group of desprate bands often branded as terrorists, they are freedom fighters, but some are willing to go too far in their actions.

I am ope to all forms of sexuality and suggestion