The Top Ten signs you've been playing too much Final Fantasy.

Started by Inkidu, September 09, 2008, 12:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hunter

The number one sign that you've been playing too much Final Fantasy:

You don't need a strategy guide any longer.

Oniya

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2008, 01:51:16 PM

Phew, I'm safe.  Now if I can just finish running Strago through those 20 remaining Espers...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Hunter on September 18, 2008, 01:51:16 PM

Worse, you never needed a strategy guide! (Thank God I've got seven's eight's and ten's I actually have two eight's because I always trash one.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

KG

I don't think I used a strategy guide for any Final Fantasy to beat it - I bought one for X-2, embarrassingly, but never used it except to see what else there was when I had finished the game.
I did use the internet after beating the ones I'd beaten to see what else I could do, though.

Edit:  I'm a big fat liar.  It took me ten years to beat seven, I had seen more than enough information to spoil the game in the interim.

Oniya

You keep a tally sheet to figure out how close you are to uncursing that blasted shield, and have no issues about taking it into boss battles while you're waiting.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Inkidu

Revolverman

Oniya

It is indeed 6.  I've been unintentionally using the Tower of the Fanatics as a leveling device.

Inkidu

Quote from: Revolverman on September 24, 2008, 10:41:17 PM
Shame, I think FF6 is the best.
4>6 not in mathematical terms of course, unless we multiply 4 by the imaginary number A then it's mathematically greater than six.

Revolverman

Quote from: Inkidu on September 24, 2008, 10:44:51 PM
4>6 not in mathematical terms of course, unless we multiply 4 by the imaginary number A then it's mathematically greater than six.

unless A is one or less then one.

Inkidu

Oniya

4 was a lot of fun, too.

And A<0, with no imaginary component.