Always Sometimes Monsters [Idea in the rough]

Started by LeSane, May 26, 2014, 04:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeSane

That story begins at a party where a young publicist wants to sign on an amateur, talented writer for a new book deal. You choose the identity of that writer as I will well the writer’s significant other, and that writer becomes the character you will control for the majority of the game.

Flash forward a year, and that young, talented writer’s life has hit rock bottom. The significant other has left you for another person, you have only a dollar to your name, your book deal has all but fallen through, and you have no way to pay last month’s rent. But one scrap of hope appears, a letter inviting you to your ex’s wedding, which will occur in just 30 days. Why your ex would ever want you to come to the wedding remains a mystery, but you decide to journey to the wedding anyway and attempt to win the love of your life back in a race against time and destiny.

That road lies chock full of tough choices you must make, though, and you will never know the consequences of your choices until those events have already carried out, much like real life. As the miles and days wear on, you will mold your character into a unique person with a harried history of choices that don’t fall easily into categories of pure right or wrong, and other characters will judge you based on those choices, whether you can justify them or not.

What I want to try is a mix elements of system-esque games into something enjoyable (Pathfinder,Fate,D&D). I've wanted to try in a more modern feel that doesn't involve swords or magic, but words and choices that affect how the world reacts to the character overall. I'd wants you to make decisions and, often, you will have to make questionable ones for either your own good or the good of a loved one. Its wide scope of player agency makes intensely fun to play during the myriad conversations. These kind of real world choices make the game feel alive, and you will come to care for many of the supporting characters. Unlike the real world, though, it will give you the freedom to make bad choices and watch events unfold without endangering your real-world self.

If interested leave a message or PM
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'