Mafia War roleplay anyone?

Started by BentNotBroken, September 30, 2008, 10:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BentNotBroken

I'm looking to see if there is anyone interested in doing a Mafia type game. Maybe there will be 2 major crime families (or more later) who have a shaky truce (due to whatever we decide). Then something happens (we can decide later) and the truce is ruined and war breaks out between the two families.

I would like it to take place in modern times, present day or mid to late 90's maybe. I figure each family would have a Boss of course, an underboss (2nd in command), a consigliere, then of course the capo's (captians) or each crew, and the guys under each capo in the crew. Those would all be the made men, and then of course there could be others who werent necessarily made men but work for the families as enforcers or errand runners or, hitman, or whatever.

There would be room for girls too! :) The women would play the daughters, wives, girlfreinds, sisters, etc. Whatever role they would like to play. I'll leave that up to y'all. But i only ask that I be the only daughter of one of the boss's. And the rival boss would have a son. I figure he could play my characters opposite lead (love interest or whatever).

But as for the underboss, the capo's and all that. Y'all can decide who has daughters, sons, how many, etc. :)

We can work out all the specifics later. But i was thinking, having multiple small dramas going on under the big main storyline of the rivalry between the two families.

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions, so if anyone is interested in this or want to talk about it, feel free to post here, or PM me! :) ;D

Aiden

I would play a game like this  ;D

BentNotBroken

Awesome. YEah i think it could be really fun if we could get enough people to play and keep it going! :)

mdazfrench

Well, it depends on me getting approved first but I'd actually like to be a female character; the body guard for the female lead.  It could happen for any number of reasons, from the Boss not trusting any of his men with his daughter, to them being friends from childhood.

While cool and detached, having very little problem eliminating any 'problems' that crop up in her charge's life the character (I'm thinking Sasha as the name, but am open to whatever would be appropriate for the genre) is fiercely protective of the girl and as her relationship with the other Mob Boss's son develops finds herself lying more and more to the man she swore ultimate loyalty to.

Anyway, just a preliminary idea and again dependent on them actually accepting my application, but let me know if it'd work.  Sounds like a fascinating premise.

Kitty's Do/Don'ts

I'm not crazy.  I'm insane, there's a difference :P

BentNotBroken

Hi mdazfrench! Welcome to E! :)

Thanks for your interest. Your idea is very unique. I wouldnt have thought of that. :) I kind of like it. Perhaps instead of being a school friend of my characters, your character (Sasha is fine) could be like, an older cousin who has always been over protective of my character. Maybe she is trained in martial arts or something and a perfect shot with a gun. While my character was playing barbies when she was young, your character would have been at the shooting range with the male cousins. lol

Anyway, we can talk about it later the specifics later if you get accepted. I like your idea. :)

DarthBlack

I would be interested in joining - is your intention to have it as a freeform game or would there be a ruleset?

Revolverman

Maeven

Count me in, BnB...

I'd rather write a wife/mistress/girlfriend role.   Are you thinking New York, Boston, Miami... where?

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Methos

Oh I like this idea. Can I play Robert DeNiro? *laughs*
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Aiden

From what she told me it is free form, there would be a lot OOC interaction to make the story move along.

Some deaths/murders are expected but they should be talked between the two players involved and Agreed upon, also it would have to fit in with the drama and Rp'd (well)
Make it like a dramatic movie. Make the story great!

BentNotBroken

Hey y'all! :)

I"m glad to see so much interest so far! :) Aiden is right, the game will be freeform, but there should be some sort of rules set so people don't go too crazy with their creative license :) hehe

I am talking with another girl through PM's that has offered to helpw ith the GM'ing so i might take her up on that!

Random

Oh, I think I could get into this one... got room for me? ;D

BentNotBroken

Sure i hink we have room. I need ot take the time to add all the people up and find out what characters everyone wants to play.

Could everyone send me some info so i can take some notes and let you know where we are so far? If you are interested in playing, please PM me a preliminary character idea...telling me, the name (u can change it later if you want), who they are in the roleplay (underboss, sister of someone, etc etc).  That should be enough for now. Then i'll go through it all, post a list of who we have so far and we'll go from there :)

Thanks!

Samhain

Sounds fun to me. We are talking al capone ganster or the godfather?

DarthBlack

I'd prefer Godfather - but will go with the majority.

mdazfrench

Quote from: Samhain on October 01, 2008, 07:14:36 PM
Sounds fun to me. We are talking al capone ganster or the godfather?

My question would be are we talking historic Al Capone or the Untouchables Capone?  If the former, my vote is for that, if that latter then definetly the Godfather.  Robert DiNero is a great actor but that Capone was a soulless thug.  I like my 'villains' with a dash of charm :)

Kitty's Do/Don'ts

I'm not crazy.  I'm insane, there's a difference :P

Samhain

I could go either way. I just was curious as to how it was to be played out.

Revolverman

BentNotBroken

Hey y'all! I was thinking more of like Goodfellas type era. So more of a present day feel. Not that i don't love the Al Capone and Godfather eras. :)

Here's a generic character list of some of the characters we've got so far and others we still need:
(Some of the characters are already named, some of them need to be named by the player who chooses to play them - characters that have screenames in Red in parenthesis at the end, are already taken)

Mafia Wars : Esposito's vs. Conterno's

Famiglia di Esposito: (Esposito Family)

Capofamiglia (Boss/Don): Antonio "Tony" Esposito (Methos)
Consigliere:
Sotto Capo (Underboss/2nd in Command)
:
Capo (Captain) #1: Anthony Cirilo  AkA "Fingers" or "Tony Digits" (DarthBlack)
Capo #2:
Capo #3:
Soldier #1 (Made Man):
Soldier #2:
Soldier #3:
Associates:

Boss's Daughter
: Gabriella "Gabby" Esposito (BentNotBroken)
Gabby's Bodygauard: Sasha Baranov (mdazfrench)
Consigliere's Daughter/Gabby's best friend: (Aesthetics)
A Capo's Daughter: Rosa bella ....? (Random)

Famiglia di Conterno:

Capofamiglia (Boss/Don): Salvatore "Sal" Conterno
Consigliere (Right hand man/Counselor/Advisor):
Sotto Capo (Underboss/2nd in Command): Frankie Conterno <Boss's son> (Scott)
Capo (Captain) #1:
Capo #2:
Capo #3:
Soldier #1 (Made Man):
Soldier #2:
Soldier #3:
Associates:

Boss's Wife or Sister: Giovanna "Gianna" Centerno (Maeven)

Unaffiliated:

Owner of Club "Sacred Palace": Christos Santos (Aiden) - Neutral character. Friend of everyone. Brother of Police commissioner. Club serves as a neutral territory for both families. A sanctuary of sorts.

Hacker: Not Named yet (Revolverman)  - Neautral character. Works for anyone willing to pay him for his services.

Revolverman

Aiden

For the record Veritas is me...she mixed my SN on E with my MSN name.  :P

BentNotBroken

Hehehhehe sorry babe :) I fixed it now!

DarthBlack

Hmmm...we're gonna need some other family members...how can we promote the game a little to get the necessary numbers?  It's no good me being chief leg breaker without any legs to break!  ???

BentNotBroken

Any ideas? Word of mouth always works..wells ometimes lol  Ask your regular partners if they want to join in..we definately need some more women too

DarthBlack

Is it considered bad etiquette to use the quick chat function at the top of the site to solicite players or at least to get people to spread the word?