Changeling the Lost: Extreme, Myth-punk, MxM only, Subs needed, very small group

Started by PaleEnchantress, June 14, 2016, 05:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleEnchantress

Fairies? How you wish the word still brought to mind images of tinkerbell or an antiquated gay slur. But you've met a real fairy. You may have never looked at other men before (or been real good at repressing your desires). When you saw him he was so beautiful that for a moment you forgot how to breathe. He asked you to come home with him and gave you a kiss. Looking back at it now the trap was so obvious. That kiss was the most spectacular pleasure you could ever have. It was almost worth it that every moment since then has been a nightmare.

Ideally I'm looking for 2 people to play male characters in an erotic Changeling: The Lost game. I could accept three or even one making it a duo.  Your characters will at the very least have "Loyalist" tendencies. Most character creation options are open. I would not mind Rping a preface playing out some of what your characters experienced in Arcadia.

Plot Setup

The basic plot is, like all free changelings, you escaped from your Archfey master along with another changeling he had captured. The whole freedom thing is harder do deal with than you thought.  It's not because you can't make it in your new life, in fact you and your brother managed to carve a nice little niche for yourselves.  It's the memory of your Keeper that haunts you so hard. You (probably) aren't even a fairest it's just that difficult for you to not crave the cruel and twisted attention you got from that thing. It's ruined any chance you have at bonding with an other. You can't relate to love that doesn't hurt and consume you. Your brother in bondage being the only exception.  Your court contact/mentor sees how depressed you are and decided to hire a male courtesan that specializes in sadistic pleasures to liven things up for a few knights.  You don't know this new glorious light in your life is only there because he's been paid and no one has a clue he's also your former keeper.

You never escaped the leash of the Gentry. You were merely allowed to escape so you could be used in the great games the Archfey play with each other. Your old keeper is gambling his beloved "Fairest of them All" title. To complete the first act of this Legend he has to get both of you to love and swear yourselves to his actor and to retain that same love and devotion once he reveals his true identity.  The second act I havn't yet decided as I believe I should come up with that together with my players.  Make sure it's something the PC's and my Actor will all enjoy.

Background details

You will be starting with more experience than a fresh changeling, putting you just a little under the power level of the Archfey actor. I'm also incorporating some more classic fairytale themes in it, like from the Fable universe. I highly encourage you to make your characters something from a fairy tale, myth, or legend.  Due to the nature of changeling characters you could easily be an object, a location, even a spell or energy.  Get creative. Just know the primary protagonists and antagonists are mostly supposed to be Archfey actors.  There is wiggle room though. It is rather fitting that perhaps you suffered so for a happy ending and once you got it you find out you were just manipulated and abused as part of The Gentry's games.  If you'd like to have a shattered romance with your former master in such a tale that works great as it would add extra tension as to whether or not you'll accept him after his reveal.

The fairy tales chosen need not be the classic versions.  It makes perfect sense that alternate versions, even Disney ones, are frequently used outlines that vary because of the different participants in the legend.

Do note my particular kinks and ons as they will likely be very present in the interactions. Please bounce some ideas off of me. Ask questions. I'm eager to work in additional angles and themes to the plot. Share your character idea. I have a preference for Brawny guys but I'm flexible.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

torawashi

Super interested in this! CtL is by far my favorite nWoD splat, so this is right up my alley. Now to decide which of my eight zillion character ideas to use for this!  XD

PaleEnchantress

That's two so far! People are still welcome to apply. Let's see how your costa tees look with + 50 starting exp. I tuned the arch few actor down but he's stillbpretty powerful so I might tweak things further.  Your keeper had a really unpleasant fascination with the human male reproductive system.  So you suffered much abuse there or inflicted it would on others. Kith dependent of course as to the particular nature.

As to for who to play. So far we have a super social in the actor and a stealthy dream Mage duskling. We lack raw strength as we also lack a tech savvy type a survivalist. There are plenty of other niches to fill as well. I look very forward to working with you

wander

I'm sure with the skills and xp I can work on filling some of those skill gaps. I love Hedge stuff, so that'll also factor into the character some. I didn't expect the exp, looking through the ol' books and deciding what to get is gonna be an effort!

PaleEnchantress

I always found flipping through books spending exp to be fun.  I looked at both your rp preferences and it all seems a good match. The BDSM and torture/abuse elements are heavier in this rp than out British gent tends to go, but he is a CtL veteran.  It's practically a central theme of the game.  I love hedge stuff too so I look forward to that. Romanticized abuse both played straight and subverted for drama and horror is a good central theme to work with. Dealing with obsessed stalkers, love martyrs, 200 year old suicidal teens, it all makes for mini plots and adventures to contrast with the characters own feelings.

I'm not going to force anyone to accept the actor after the reveal. You theoretically could do so and end the game there as he screams and fades, losing his most treasured title. However, I'm working under the assumption that the actor will be successful and the story will continue to phase two with the actor and his two loves slaves; now too lost in their adoration for their keeper  to see themselves as anything but the luckiest fae guys in the worlds.

Social based encounters might be the most frequent. It's a good thing to have at least some option there. You can get by without any. In fact the guy that can't keep his caustic opinions to himself or the strong but soft hearted frightening beast who tries to be galant but just says things that accidentally souls like insults or threats have a lot of charm in the meta sense.  I just want to warn against full focus in social cape abilities. You would be too overshadowed by the actor.

Can't wait to hear more about your characters.

wander

Well, Pan is a Nightsinger though they're a bit subtle so we'll see how that works out. Yet to add in the experience but I'll take the tip on looking to social skills some.

torawashi

I think I'm going to go with a physical character. He was a bookish, intellectual type, but wound up a guinea pig for the master's fleshcrafting experiments. His senses, particularly smell and touch, were augmented to maddening levels, and his body was sculpted and resculpted as the archfae's whims changed. He barely remembers what he used to look like, and not just because he was changed so much. His mind is a fraction of what it once was; the constant overstimulation leaves him struggling to hang on to a train of thought for longer than a few minutes. I'm thinking Beast or Ogre for seeming.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: torawashi on June 16, 2016, 06:10:44 AM
I think I'm going to go with a physical character. He was a bookish, intellectual type, but wound up a guinea pig for the master's fleshcrafting experiments. His senses, particularly smell and touch, were augmented to maddening levels, and his body was sculpted and resculpted as the archfae's whims changed. He barely remembers what he used to look like, and not just because he was changed so much. His mind is a fraction of what it once was; the constant overstimulation leaves him struggling to hang on to a train of thought for longer than a few minutes. I'm thinking Beast or Ogre for seeming.

He sounds perfect both for a great Motley balance and for my purrrsonal preferences. There are lots of great Kith choices in both seemings. Again, they work well both mechanically and rpwise.  Quite a few lend themselves well to you having been your Keeper's mount though thats far from the only option.

Lastly you both need to chose a (seasonal probably) court. It needs to be the same court. You get a free dot in their mantle and a one dot contract of theirs also free. You don't have to pick the same contract and you can raise these things higher with your 50 exp if you desire.  You probably aren't to popular at court but you are known to be reasonably competent within your chosen area of expertise.

wander

Okay. I picked Dusk Court already, though I can go with a seasonal if preferred, just means a bit more work to be done on my character.

To make things quicker and so torawashi can see my thoughts, I'll list the four in order of my preference;

1. Autumn (most preferred), 2. Winter, 3. Spring, 4. Summer (least preferred). I'm open for discussion on the whole thing. :)

PaleEnchantress

If there is any confusion about why you get so many bonuses before the story begins. This is the third character of your motley after *significant* depowering.  I might even trim him down a bit more and toss an other bonus or two your way. Just posting it here for reference it might not be the final version. I really prefer you with with the seasonal courts. I feel like there are so many more hooks and plots I can draw from them over any of the others like the day/night courts.

The Actor, who goes by Lenore, is using characters your keeper was in some legends before he claimed you. Dark Haired Aleen was particularly important to your keeper as it set the conditions for him to make a challenge centuries later that got him his Fairest of Them All title as Lucy Westenra. That's also the title and actor your former keeper is best known for.  You know full well he values that title as much as he does his actual name. That makes it all the more dramatic for it to be the one he's risking here.

Lenore

Lenore Allan ( AKA: Dark Haired Aleen, Rebecca)  [True Identity: Fairest of them All]

"Did you like that song? Beautiful wasn't it? It's about me you know. It was the first part my keeper put me in. Then I was in the poem you know me for, but don't forget Poe wrote two about me. Then came the suspense thriller which that lesbian made with the incredable twist about me.  You can see in all of them I was very beautiful and far more important a character than my keeper or anyone else. Notice anything other traits I share in all my tales?
. . . I was DEAD before any of them began!" 

Seeming: Fairest (Duh) , Kith:  Succubus and Playmate
Wyrd: 5 , Clarity: Muahaha!
Virtue: Charity - Vice: Pride

Presance 4, Manipulation 5,  Composure 3
Intelligence 3,  Wits 4, Resolve 3
Strength 1, Dexterity 5, Stamina 2

Social:  Socialize 3, Expression 5 (Erotic), Subterfuge 3, Intimidation 3 (Humiliation), Empathy 2,  Persuasion 4

Mental:  Occult 4 (Magic), Medicine 3, Politics 3, Academics 2

Physical:  Stealth 2, Weaponry 1, Athletics 3

Initiative: +8 , Willpower: 6, Health: 6, Speed: 10, Defence 4, Size 4

Contracts:
Vainglory 1-5
Reflection 1-4
Eternal Winter 1-5
Hearth 1-2
Eternal Spring  1-3
Lucidity 1

Merits:  Striking Looks 4,  Enchanting Performance 4, Immortal Flesh, Ruled by Passion,  Resources 3, Mantle (Winter) 1
Drawbacks: Petite (As dwarf but less often a real drawback)

As "Dark Haired Aleen" isn't as famous as Lenore or Rebecca here it is. This could even represent Lenore singing it as he can easily make his voice sound any combination of male or female. Though he sings it for crowds he was the subject of the ballad, not the singer. It's well worth the listen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdCRgqFI5-s

torawashi

I can definitely work with Autumn. He's scared absolutely shitless of the thought of his master coming back for him (whoops), so it's appropriate. He'll probably have a lot of court goodwill with Spring as well.

Definitely going to go with Beast, and I really like the mount idea, so I'll make him a Runnerswift. I'm pretty flexible as far as specifics, so what sort of mounts did Lenore prefer?

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: torawashi on June 17, 2016, 05:56:53 AM
I can definitely work with Autumn. He's scared absolutely shitless of the thought of his master coming back for him (whoops), so it's appropriate. He'll probably have a lot of court goodwill with Spring as well.

Definitely going to go with Beast, and I really like the mount idea, so I'll make him a Runnerswift. I'm pretty flexible as far as specifics, so what sort of mounts did Lenore prefer?

Centaurs are awesome. However I was thinking of going for a less obvious choice and using bovine traits instead. He didn't ride you directly that often, you were the front part of a duo of hunky runner swifts that carried his litter. You were still bipedal, if he rode you bareback it was on the shoulders. His bit and bridal cut into your tongue and a device that looked like a spider made out of needles that pierced the parts between your legs to direct you on what way to go. It was all very tormenting, but you were a tough guy with some hidden masochistic tendencies, you could handle that torment.

There were times he would turn himself into a handsome young man (or a woman on a rare occasion) with some features of a predatory animal and pounce upon you. He'd bite chunks out of you and tear your muscles with his claws. He particularly enjoyed tearing off and eating your "oysters". At first it was far worse than being his mount but in time even your slow animal mind noticed something. The forms he took were faster and more agile than you, impervious to wounds and full of natural weapons, but they were never stronger than you. Why? His physical strength had no limitation any other time. You changed your game and stopped trying to throw him off or just submit and hope for it to be over. Instead you'd try to grab him and pull him into an embrace, to hold him, hug him and kiss him. He'd kiss you back and it would excite you to taste your own flesh and blood upon his lips. You began to love that game.

The part you feared, what ripped you to the core was when he decided to serve beef for dinner. There was no game, affection, or even active service there. You were just dragged off to the kitchen and parts of you skinned and prepared for hours or even days by his "chef". You usually never even saw your keeper unless he wanted to display the rest of you along with the dish at one of his balls. Every time you'd wish they would take enough of you to kill you but they never did. Your body healed every time but your mind was breaking apart. You began to fail at performing your other tasks because of it. You could see the path you were on. That soon the only thing you would be useful for was providing parts of yourself for his feast table.  You were at a point where you had to tear yourself away from him or die trying.

You don't have to use that as your experience in Arcadia but I thought it was really good, myself. I started thinking about what Lenore (which is the Actors name. Your keeper was never called that in Arcadia as far as you know) would have done to you and the inspiration just piled on.  You have the hard slavery, the terrible abuse that may be the only love you understand, and the abject horror that nearly destroyed you.

PaleEnchantress

This is my second post in a row. Do note the one above it.

Setting info. Things will start (and likely continue) in the city of Montreal. It's rather inverse to the political structure of Miami with rather smooth relations between the four courts and the court of summer having the least presence. More concern is given to the heavy vampire presence in the city. Relations have been peaceful with them for the most part but both sides put a lot of effort into keeping them that way.

The RP opening scene will begin with you both meeting with your Autumn court superior for a, mostly unnecessary, debriefing on your last assignment; finding out who an enscrolled mortal that staked a particularly rowdy vampire then giving that changeling a properly intimidating warning. Said court superior is called Silver Dagger (Dagger for short) a Metalflesh Elemental who is still trying to stop fearing the modern world after what seemed like a decade in Arcadia to her ended up being over two centuries. (A situation that's rare but more common in our RP than it seems in base CtL) Shes your mentor and the closest thing you have to a friend.

She also heard some news from Miami about a sighting of one of the gentry she believes to be your former keeper.  Seeing your responses, whatever they are, to hearing of your former keeper just makes her more insistent that you both feelings that just healthy fear for him. She insists you let her set you up on a date with a "friend" of hers from the Winter Court. She says you need have some fun and get emotional about something for a change.  Thus begins Chapter one where you meet The Lost Lenore. I have a nice hook for chapter 2 when it comes.

As stated before, your characters don't know it but The Lost Lenore is more a business contact than a friend of Silver Dagger. Dagger has the best of intentions in buying a high end winter court "rentboy" for you and lying about it. It didn't cross her mind that you might fall pretty hard for him.

ANy questions, comments, suggestions?

torawashi

Sorry for the late reply, it's been a busy weekend. I couldn't get the runnerswift concept to gel in my mind, so I'm shifting my idea around a bit.

It started with a drunken conversation in a bar about monsters. Jeffrey was a writer, always fascinated with horror and slowly making a name for himself in literary circles. The gorgeous young man he'd been talking to seemed amused by his ramblings, but not too amused to turn down Jeff's invitation to his apartment. What happened next...well...he's not sure. One moment he was in the street, laughing and hailing a cab, and the next in the center of a pit of sand with...things...staring down at him. Thousands of them.

Oh, and there was also the monster coming straight for him.

He had no idea how he won the fight. He just remembers staring bewilderedly at the twisted creature in front of him, his clothes drenched in its blood and his own, and strong hands dragging him into the darkness to the sound of cheering. His first victory. The first heart that the young man who he now knew as his master forced down his throat. The first agonizing changes. The first taste of ecstasy that was his reward for amusing the fae.

He had claws for the next fight, ones just like the beast he killed. Each fight brought another heart, another change, another collection of scars, another death. Each change made it easier to fight, and harder to think. Eventually, they didn't have to make the beast eat. Sometimes it didn't even wait until its opponent was dead. The audience liked that. So did his master. Sometimes master even joined the fights himself, the battle becoming a different sport altogether if the beast performed well, or an agonizing torture session if the beast's performance failed to amuse.

But one day, after countless fights, countless victories, the beast that used to be Jeff was pitted against a human. Alone. Helpless. Just like Jeff had been. And it remembered. And it saw itself as it was now, a patchwork monster with nothing human left. And it understood now why it had won his first fight. But instead of throwing himself on the terrified man's makeshift spear as the old beast had done, it ran. It ran until the arena was far behind him, and through the Thorns.

Even after all this time out of his durance, he still isn't good with people. For years, all he knew was the monsters he fought, his master who rewarded and punished him, and the distant, screaming audience. He has to remind himself that someone baring their teeth in a smile is not a threat, and that a growl is never a good idea in a social situation. But he wants to get better, and so he keeps trying. He's still painfully shy at best, preferring to listen and observe rather than talk. Strangers still make him skittish and it takes a lot for him to be able to approach them when he's alone.

His captivity affected far more than just his social skills. Where he used to be eloquent, now he keeps his words simple. He used to enjoy reading, and loved writing more than anything in the world. He can't anymore. He hasn't become less intelligent--far from it--but his ability to sit still and concentrate is all but gone. Stillness was something to be avoided, nothing but an invitation for an ambush. His keen senses do him no favors here either. They were good for sensing danger in Arcadia, but here they grant him a dozen distractions that fracture his attention. It lends him a twitchy, nervous air, and sometimes he needs to be reminded to focus on whatever task is at hand.

He's intensely loyal to those that have shown him kindness, and he goes out of his way to show the same to others. He can be a bit stiff and formal at times, a little too heavy with the pleases and thank yous. It's a ritual for him, something that reminds him he's human. He doesn't like confrontation at all, not even harsh words. He's terrified of losing control, of hurting people, of turning back into the monster he used to be. He still remembers how good it felt to kill, to tear the flesh from weaker monsters, and best of all, how good it was to please his master. He'll back down, he'll walk away, anything to avoid a fight.

Character sheet coming soon!

wander

The skeleton of a character is there, I just need to tweak around the new Contracts and think on xp. I am wanting him to be a Gilded Thorn member, I believe that's the title for the Hedge occultists of autumn...

I don't have a bio or anything detailed like above, I've been kinda lazy in all honesty...

PaleEnchantress

Torawashi , that's an awesome bio! Did you just come up with all that now? I love it. Perhaps your characters arena foes were trained to attack him sexually as well. Just heap some extra in theme trauma there.

Neither of you should worry about making your characters stat sheet perfect. I'm very liberal with letting players edit their sheet at the start of the game. So if you realize after submitting it that you wish you did X instead of Y you can just fix it. So just draw up what you think is good then you can fine tune it later if you like.

Oh Torawashi what kith and seeming are you going then?

Finally, in regards to the golden thorn; You are both welcome to have an entitlement you qualify for. Just make sure you include a brief blurb about why your character joined them.  You do not need to have the same entitlement.

torawashi

Thanks!  ;D I've had the concept kicking around in my head for a while, but never got a chance to flesh him out until now. His finished sheet is here. Went with a Beast Hunterheart. No entitlements for now, but depending on how this story goes he might someday go for the Pilgrims of the Endless Road.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: torawashi on June 22, 2016, 05:24:28 PM
Thanks!  ;D I've had the concept kicking around in my head for a while, but never got a chance to flesh him out until now. His finished sheet is here. Went with a Beast Hunterheart. No entitlements for now, but depending on how this story goes he might someday go for the Pilgrims of the Endless Road.

You are out reluctant combat specialist for sure. You created the perfectly themed inner conflict. He hates violence because of what was done to him and he doesn't wan't to be the monster again. Undoubtedly though he is good at violence and those close to him are not. So he has to let himself become the beast a bit to protect those he cares about. He should be able to control it now, right? . . . Right?  Oh but it does feel good to be able to protect your Darkling brother and that Fairest 'master'. In fact that fairest seemed really impressed. You really like it when he is impressed with you, yes. This is all so different from that last time in Arcadia.

And that Fairest is your former keeper in disguise? Yep this is a CtL game for sure. 

wander

Okay, I oughta finish my character sheet later on then... ^^; I don't wanna be responsible for any game delays. ^^;

Most the work is done, I'm just being lazy about applying the exp to the character. Though that spends quick enough thanks to increasing costs of the dots, so it shouldn't take me too much trouble to advance them up. It's more the vast choices and how to go with the 50xp that's got me dragging a little...

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: wander on June 23, 2016, 07:14:10 AM
Okay, I oughta finish my character sheet later on then... ^^; I don't wanna be responsible for any game delays. ^^;

Most the work is done, I'm just being lazy about applying the exp to the character. Though that spends quick enough thanks to increasing costs of the dots, so it shouldn't take me too much trouble to advance them up. It's more the vast choices and how to go with the 50xp that's got me dragging a little...

If its so daunting what were you going to do when you got in game exp? Remember I said you didn't have to Commit to your sheet entirely for a while. That should ease the pressure. You are our hedge expert for sure so do feel free to play that one up.

I also notice we all have good expression, glamour harvesting through performance should be a simple matter.