a turtle can go faster then my computer

Started by zemo8801, November 02, 2011, 06:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zemo8801

Im pretty sure it's not a virus since I just factory restored it. So im running windows vista and its a HP desktop so I was just wondering did my memory fry even thou allhardware passed?
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

Oreo

How old is the Hard Drive? It might need replaced.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

zemo8801

I think maybe three years since the first time it went flatline on us.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Autumn Sativus

What's the RAM capacity on your computer? Vista just running can take up to 1GB of it which can cause major slowdowns in computers without additional RAM - this would especially make sense if your computer came pre-installed as some technicians will turn off the extra features that most people don't use in order to conserve RAM usage. A factory reset may end up using more of the resources than previously.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

jouzinka

Well, since you just said that you restored it to factory settings, I recommend to take it to a computer shop for HW diagnose. It can be RAM problem, but they will have the capacity to diagnose whether it's the RAM itself or the socket on the mainboard. It can also be disfunctional graphic card, many things.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

zemo8801

Thanks for all the tips but I guess it was just having a temper tatum since it's been running fine. I had totally forgot I had put up something here
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Missy

Quote from: Saffron on November 13, 2011, 01:26:09 AM
What's the RAM capacity on your computer? Vista just running can take up to 1GB of it which can cause major slowdowns in computers without additional RAM - this would especially make sense if your computer came pre-installed as some technicians will turn off the extra features that most people don't use in order to conserve RAM usage. A factory reset may end up using more of the resources than previously.

I would never go back to Vista, not even for money.

I would suggest getting a better OS installed and go from there.

zemo8801

Its not my computer or I would and plus its hard enough to tell my folks that we need to get a new software or something new for it.
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas

Missy

Sorry I don't know tons about computers. By "OS" I meant install something other than Vista. In my experience with Vista I can't imagine something worse.

zemo8801

Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Z crypt of ideas