Harry Potter and the Rise of the Light (AU, OCs and select Canons Wanted!)

Started by Rogue, August 03, 2013, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Question: Who thinks we should move to an OOC or should we wait a while longer for that?

Ember Star

I think we have enough people thus far that we can move to a OOC
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

kckolbe

Well, we are still recruiting (Draco and Ron still open).  Both are characters I'm a little interested in, especially since the Death Eater OC turned out very Ron-ish.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Rogue

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2013, 02:00:28 PM
Well, we are still recruiting (Draco and Ron still open).  Both are characters I'm a little interested in, especially since the Death Eater OC turned out very Ron-ish.

I would love to have both characters, but at the same time, a lack of bites says that's not happening for a while. Draco will be easy to work in at virtually any time, it's Ron I'm more concerned about to be completely honest.

apygoos

Quote from: kckolbe on August 11, 2013, 02:00:28 PM
in that light [and while i try to put together my CS] i may be best to stick to interest check discussion. that way people can see our lines of thought, for now.

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 11, 2013, 02:17:38 PM
in that light [and while i try to put together my CS] i may be best to stick to interest check discussion. that way people can see our lines of thought, for now.

Also good point. Thanks bunches Apy.

kckolbe

Draco and Ron have a bit in common in that they were both overshadowed by Harry, though they handled it in amazingly different ways.  I'm currently leaning toward Draco.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Rogue

Primarch

Quote from: kckolbe on August 06, 2013, 03:22:17 PM
Note that a char of this age will likely have more points, but just wanted to do a sample so you guys could see how points were assigned.  This char was built with 22 points in abilities and 8 points in specializations.

As my character will likely be several decades older than the students, how would this come into effect?

Rogue

Quote from: Primarch on August 11, 2013, 04:27:55 PM
As my character will likely be several decades older than the students, how would this come into effect?

I'm unfortunately still working on numbers for you. As is, when KC was making up the sheets for the teachers they were ranked between 24 (Trelawny) and 30 (McGonnagol). I'm considering around 28 or 30ish, which is a decently powerful character, but you'll be slower on gaining points. I believe you mentioned being in the same Auror class as the Marauders?

Primarch

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on August 11, 2013, 04:33:46 PM
I'm unfortunately still working on numbers for you. As is, when KC was making up the sheets for the teachers they were ranked between 24 (Trelawny) and 30 (McGonnagol). I'm considering around 28 or 30ish, which is a decently powerful character, but you'll be slower on gaining points. I believe you mentioned being in the same Auror class as the Marauders?

Well I was deciding between someone of that age as the Marauders and has been away or a retired Auror whom would more likely be 65~ish.

Rogue

Quote from: Primarch on August 11, 2013, 04:43:36 PM
Well I was deciding between someone of that age as the Marauders and has been away or a retired Auror whom would more likely be 65~ish.

I'll be better able to figure out how many points when I get an idea of how much age and experience your character will have. But go with 28 for now.

kckolbe

28 is a solid starting place.  Depending on the feel of the character, he may have more points, but at the expense of Destiny Points.  Completely up to you.

Intro Thread

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Rogue

*laughs* So Apy is the last canon recruited who doesn't have a character quite yet.

apygoos

Rogue

AidenWhite

So this is open to Canon characters only? As in, I would have to choose Ron.

Or can I form a character of my own?

The last Harry Potter RP I was in just died at an interesting part, so it was kind of a turn off, but I would like to have another try.
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Ember Star

OCs and other cannons will become available, but not until a later point. The first couple of days IC time (probably few weeks OOC time) will only consist of the listed cannons, then after that, people can come in with OCs and other cannons.

kckolbe

Quote from: AidenWhite on August 14, 2013, 04:17:25 PM
The last Harry Potter RP I was in just died at an interesting part, so it was kind of a turn off, but I would like to have another try.

Yeah, the GM was kinda a dick.  ~grins~  Ember already answered your question, but to add to it I'll say that we are definitely looking for Death Eaters, both canon and OC.

Intro Thread

Rogue

*coughs* Since others answered while I was at work, the above is all true. :) Although I'd like a Ron... Just so we can get rolling. :) But OCs are definitely going to be welcomed and plotting with the GM can commence at any time!

apygoos

i dont know how many times ive shifted these positions around, haven't even gotten to anything outside the basic 28 points harry was given like feats and what have you/

Rogue

Quote from: apygoos on August 14, 2013, 09:09:19 PM
i dont know how many times ive shifted these positions around, haven't even gotten to anything outside the basic 28 points harry was given like feats and what have you/

Shoot us a PM with what you have and we'll work with you k?

Rogue

K, so my lovely co-gm has agreed that if we get any bites for Draco, he will play Ron. As such, I'm putting the character up there for grabs again. As soon as either of these positions are filled, I will be ready to start almost immediately.

Be advised, I will be on vacation from the 28th to the 1st and do not know what my internet status will be. Hopefully we can get started before then, but if not, I will likely start the 2nd or 3rd.

Edit: Scratch that, co-gm mentioned he's moving overseas so it'll be Sept 8th or 9th.

Ember Star