Atlantis: Rise from the Deep (Still looking!)

Started by Vostroya, September 28, 2012, 04:12:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vostroya

Atlantis

A name that has remained a mystery for centuries. For so long the name has evoked a mystery of theories and studies, but never has been found. Until now...

A few years into the future a merchant ship passing through the Atlantic ocean after a rough sea storm, found what appeared to be a dead giant octopus floating in the water, but upon further investigation they found that it was much different than thought. Bringing it on board they found it to be a fully robotic octopus. Its systems were heavily damaged and did not power up or attempt to escape. The ships curious attitude got the better of them and when they tried to pry the robot open, they must have activated a self destruct and the internal systems fried themselves to protect their secrets. Once in port the crew flaunted their prize in front of the world news media. With a world wide media craze, governments meet in secret to accuse each other of secretly making the robot, to no ones surprise everyone denied making the mysterious robot. The only clue to the robots origin was a widely circulated logo from the robot that brought back the legacy.

The Legacy of Atlantis, the Lost City

A wave of new interest in the old stories of Atlantis and its mysterious shook the world to its core, hundreds of scientific ships flooded the Atlantic in the areas where the original merchant ship had been. Dozens of official expeditions trying to find more evidence of the mysterious nation. All efforts failed, due to the lack of technology that could go deep enough to hit the bottom of the ocean. The wide belief was that if the city could build such an advanced robot, that they could have an entire civilization beneath the sea. One expedition from the United Kingdom was finally able to find a break, as their expedition was finishing up and heading for home, a mysterious ship rose from the sea. The ship stopped and saw the same logo on the new ship as was on the robot squid. The large submarine pulled alongside the expedition ship, and then history was changed forever. A small robot probe came from the submarine and delivered a simple message to the crew.

"Saturday, 5:00 pm, United Nations, Ambassador will speak"

Then as quickly as it had come, the submarine went back into the deep. The crew now elated to have seen another Atlantian ship, quickly returned to the mainland with their small amount of video, photos, and simple message. The news frenzy was ecstatic, the news had been found on a Monday. Meaning in only a few days, the world would see an Atlantian for the first time in history. When the time finally came, the entire world tuned into the news that showed the United Nations assembled in the large audience room. At precisely 4:50 pm, the same ship spotted by the expedition was sighted rising from the sea, next to the UN building. Ramps were quickly extended from the ship and the world got its first glimpse of a citizen of Atlantis. The Ambassador walked with a calm and graceful walk all the way to the podium at the head of the assembled nations. The speech was engaging and interesting, the Ambassador confirmed the existence of the lost city and that it had been watching the world for centuries, waiting for an appropriate time to reveal themselves, but since the incident with the robot, their hand was forced sooner than they would have liked. She kept the details of their civilization vague, but at the end of her speech, she extended an invitation by the "Lord of the Sea" as she put it. The invitation was for a group of surface persons to travel back to Atlantis with the Ambassador to see Atlantis for themselves. The speech ended, but the questions did not. The Ambassador did not take any questions or comments from the assembled party, when asked who to send with her, she only stated that any citizen wanting to come with her should submit a message to their government, and the final choice would be hers of the assembled applications.

Weeks of searching and a group has been assembled to go with the Ambassador back to their brethren beneath the sea. Some come for the adventure, some for knowledge, and some come...for more sinister motives...

What I would like to see from the game:

Now that I possibly have your attention, its now time to explain how the game would work if interest is shown. The game would start as the group of people coming with the Ambassador see Atlantis for the first time, with the Ambassador setting the ground rules about their conduct within the city.

The game itself would be learning about the history, culture, political structure, and anything having to do with the lost civilization. Just as if this was a real deal, the humans will have no knowledge of Atlantis, only knowing folklore or stories of Atlantis from their own sources. If there is interest in playing as a Atlantian themselves I will welcome that. This is of course not set in stone and is welcome for suggestions from the members of Elliqiuy.

The overall theme of the game will be exploring the unknown, mixed with an underlying sense of something wrong within Atlantis. The nagging questions of why they chose now to reveal themselves, and why they have done so. An Aura of mystery and danger surrounding the visitors.

Vostroya

Its open for any character you can think of. Its an open invitation. Though scientists, artists, military, and scholars would be the most effective at learning. I would also like to see some Atlantian characters, though you would probably need to PM me for any idea relating to that.

AribethAmkiir

Pretty sure I'm interested.   I'd like to play a doctor or possibly scientist more interested in discovery and meeting a new culture than anything nefarious.

AngelicBlade

I'd be interested in playing a Special Ops Military man, who's secrete mission is to gather info about the city, if that's alright.

Vostroya

UniqueQ

I would like to play some one from Atlantis, I will pm you in my idea.

AribethAmkiir

Do you want us to submit character sheets or are you still looking for interest?

Vostroya

I'd like to see more interest before I post the character sheets. Hopefully we will get some.

summoner2183

Chou chou rheastar

I would love to be part of this!! I'd be a female artist, or novelist. I'd also be interested in your ideas for Atlantian's if you need someone to play one of them.

Vostroya

Excellent I could use both if you would be willing.

And so everyone knows I will be posting up the character sheets later today.

Oliander

Interesting. I like the concept of a mystery RP with a focus on discovery and information-gathering. It makes things tense and with a group of people with wildly different interests makes things even more tense.

As for me, I was thinking I'd make a representative to some international conglomerate with the intent of staking a financial claim on Atlantis.

Vostroya

That's a great idea, if he were to be successful, it could make his company billions! Haha

Kdyami

I'm interested.  Do you still need a few Atlantians?
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Vostroya

Sure, send me a PM about your character idea.

Vostroya

Ok everyone here are the character sheets for Humans as well as Atlantians

Human
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Physical description:[/b] (Include Photo if you can)

[b]Role:[/b] (What does your character do for a living?)
[b]Why does your character want to go to Atlantis?[/b]
[b]Character Personality:[/b]
[b]Character History:[/b]

Atlantian
[b]Played by:[/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Physical description:[/b] (Include Photo if you can)

[b]Role:[/b] (What does your character do for a living?)
[b]How do you feel about the human visitors?[/b]
[b]Character Personality:[/b]
[b]Character History:[/b]

Frelance

I am interested in making a character for this. Either a human who has spent most of his life diving or in submarines. He would want the thrill of going where few have been before. So when the invitation to go and see Atlantis he took it.

I might make an Atlantian but I do not have an idea for one yet.
Evolution is an arms race

Vostroya

Frelance

Thats for the welcome. I will flesh out the character and have him up soon.

I am still interested in making an Atlantian. What are you looking for in the Atlantian characters?
Evolution is an arms race

Vostroya

Nobles of Atlantis seem to be the popular choice, so you can do that if you wish. I will PM you the info I sent the other Atlantian character players.

Kdyami

Hey everyone, I'm off to work but I wanted to leave you with what I've got so far.  Vostroya approves, but any thought's would be much appreciated.  And I'll flash this out when I get home, its mostly main points not a lot of details. See you around.

Played by: Kdyami
Character Name: Faergul (fey-air-gull)
Sex: male
Physical description:
Height: 5'8
Weight: 180 lbs (Dense & Lean Muscle Mass)
Eyes: Violet
Hair: Silver with Violet Highlights
Skin: Often able to find all forms of scraps and bruises cause by battle or just training.
Style of Dress: typically covered in a weatherproof black cloak, scarf, and cowl which covers most of his features, however the keen eye will notice that he isn’t human. He's always wearing a sword; an Atlantean-crafted falchion sheathed inside his cloak along his back. Falling from his waist lies a sash with the insignia of his parents clan, A’Rikdun. 

Role: Protector.  Not everyone in the city is peaceful.  And not all enemies are within the city therefore a small standing military is important.  The protectors branch is specifically tasked with protection of the city as well as the distinguished members of government; i.e. the king and the nobels council. 

How do you feel about the human visitors?  He doesn’t get paid to think, he gets paid to protect.  That being said; Human’s fight a lot, which makes Faergul’s job harder.  But he thinks the risk may be worth the reward.

Character Personality: Strong silent type with a playful & friendly attitude. Often is humble due to his upbringing from his, adopted, Wise Playful Father and Strict Disciplinary Mother.   Faergul believes there is nothing he cannot do if he puts his mind to it.

Character History:  Faergul doesn’t remember anything before the orphanage.  While there, there was a fight, Faergul broke it up but during the fight his eyes turned violet, the mark of the A’Rikdun.  The head of the orphanage called the A’Rikdun and soon after Faergul was taken in by them. The A’Rikdun are particularly adept at creating “manifesting” technology.  From the first day Faergul put on his caster gloves it was obvious he was a natural.  As such he received special training in order to be placed in the protectors, the Tinechor.  A special branch of the military reserved for the best of the best.  Placing someone in their ranks is a great honor for the individual but also the clan.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

Vostroya

Is everyone still interested? I've only heard from Kydami in a few days

AribethAmkiir

sorry.  I've had a busy week and it only looks to remain full going into the weekend.

Vostroya

No worries, just making sure everyone is still on board.