Let's make a band!!!! Interest check, freeform

Started by Miyu, September 11, 2011, 11:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyu

I was watching videos of a singer I like and I came up with a idea from one of her videos. Life in highschool it's somewhat hard and it's even more if you don't mix in the popular crowd. A group of music freaks are trying to form a band, however they need one key thing, a lead singer. A new year arrives and with it a new girl arrives at the school, she is just like them, a punk rocker and a music lover however she is the missing piece they were searching for, the lead singer. Now with the band complete they try their best to make it to the big leagues meanwhile having fun and partying all night long.

(It was inspired by this oldie but goodie)

Avril Lavigne - Sk8er Boi

I need
Lead Singer: Miyu
Guitarist: Sharon
Bassist: Jukebox Baby
Drummer: eightxinfinity
Keyboard: JadenMystic

Jukebox Baby

You came up with a fun concept. And I love the video you chose for inspiration. It illustrates the game concept beautifully. The idea of playing a female bass guitarist appeals to me, but I could easily do guitar also. You've definitely got room for a group manager if there's a lot of interest and maybe a hanger on or two (boyfriends/girlfriends). Once you see who is interested, it'll be fun to flesh out where the high school is located. I love Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and so many other great places to break into music.

Miyu

Yep I know Avril its a awesome singer and I plan on using her as my character portrait. Anyways right now everything except the lead singer it's open so you can choose whatever you wish hon if you choose to join me in this little adventure ^^

Jukebox Baby

I'll definitely go with the bass guitar then. It's pretty easy to get up and playing right away. I suspect my character will also play acoustic or electric guitar and probably a brass instrument and maybe a little piano. In other words, my character is going to be a bit of a band geek. She won't have mastered all of those instruments, but she's going to be deeply into music and always wanting to try new things.

Miyu

*nods nods*
Picture:
Name:
Role: (bass, guitar etc etc)
Personality:
Fears:
Bio:

Miyu

Name: Amy Johnson
Role: Lead Singer
Personality: She is a firecracker, she hates being told what to do and often just ignores it. She is a tomboy at heart wearing stuff that the popular girls would find offensive but she does not care. She wears what feels right whenever she wants and she don't care what other people say. She loves wearing a loose necktie often to just mess around and be silly. She loves to have fun and love to cause havoc and pray pranks and stuff the like. She is always skating in the streets and mostly around the school when she is not singing.
Likes:Music, Skating, Singing, Sex, Having Fun, Writing music
Dislikes: Pretty princess type of girls, Bullies, People who make fun of others,
Fears: Too much blood on her body
Bio: Born in Canada, her life has always been one of hardships and goals. Her father being a drunk almost always neglected her and told her that she wasn't her child. However her mother was the only one keeping her sane, her mother loved Amy to death and always did the best to give Amy a normal life. At a young age Amy discovered her talent for music, especially singing. Her mother always encouraged her to go through with her dream of having a band however as much as she searched she could not find members to the band she wanted. She loved music and music would prove to actually had saved her life in more times than once by not coming home when her father was in a drunken rage. However it will all change one day, it will all turn out for the better and for the worst in one fateful day.

Arriving home one day she saw something horrific, her father was beating her mother to a pulp and she was on the floor a bloody mess. Rushing to her mother she pushed her father out from her and helped her mother to her own room locking the door from inside like she usually did. Her mother was a bloody mess and she needed to do her best to solve this.  Her father began banging on the door as she called the police, finally a couple of minutes later the nightmare was over, her father was taken out and sentenced to spend the next ten years in jail and never come close to Amy or her mother ever again.

Wanting to start fresh both of them moved out from Canada leaving her family and friends behind. Now attending a new school she hopes to find some measure of being normal in her new life. Her mother now free to do whatever she wanted she started working at the school as well as a new teacher. Now with a new teacher and a new student at the school things will turn out for the better, or so they hoped.

SinXAzgard21

I'm really into music oriented games.... I am huge fan of an anime called BECK: MCS.... you can look it up on youtube or ask me for links.  I'd be interested in either bass or guitar, bass being my first choice as it is my favorite instrument.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Miyu

Bass it's taken already I think by jukebox you can take the guitar if you want to?

Jukebox Baby

Name: Mia Tanaka
Role: (bass, guitar etc etc): Bass
Personality: Quiet except when she's talking about music.
Likes: Ska, Punk, Bass, Jazz, the bright sound of her Taylor acoustic/electric guitar, math, band.
Dislikes: Prejudice, bullies, country music, tofu.
Fears: Her parents pushing her out of music and into some appropriate college major, never falling in love, failing to be the best she can be musically.
Bio: Her dad is a software engineer who helps design video games. Her mother is an accountant. Both have very high expectations for Mia who has traditionally excelled academically. They see music as important in terms of how it looks on a college application form, but they feel like she's taking an excessive interest in something that should be really just a cute hobby. They don't like the idea of the band or the people in it.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on September 12, 2011, 12:49:11 AMI'd be interested in either bass or guitar, bass being my first choice as it is my favorite instrument.

How could bass not be your favorite instrument! I adore its sound, the feel of it against my skin. My brother plays bass and guitar and I love listening to him. I was piano.

Miyu

eightxinfinity

I'd be interested in taking the role of the drummer if you'd have me  :-)
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread

Miyu

Of course I would love to have you, but the roll its for to grabs until you make the profile and make a stamp on the role sort to say ^^

eightxinfinity

Picture:
Name: James Branden
Role: (bass, guitar etc etc): Drums
Personality: He's punk rock to the core. He rarely attends any of his classes, doing only the bare amount of effort needed to get by. He's an angry youth, into vandalism and defying authority.
Likes: Old school punk rock, cheap beer, anarchy, slutty girls, house shows, Mapex drums, chain smoking, recreational drug use, fist fighting.
Dislikes: Being told what to do, classwork, bro types.
Fears: Becoming like this father and giving up on his dreams to become a useless bum.
Bio: James is the product of a broken home, living in one of the poorer sections of town. His mother is no longer in the picture, having left home when he was twelve years old. His father did his best to provide, but James still resented him, seeing his pathetic father as the reason his mother fled home. He discovered punk rock around the time his mother left, hearing The Offspring's self-titled album and feeling an instant connection to the pain and rage splashed across the musical canvas.

As his interest in the nihilistic music grew so too did his lack of interest in school. Eventually he was skipping classes altogether, selling pot to earn money to buy his first set of drums, he gave himself over to the music. He played the drums as much as possible, taking breaks only for the stints he spent in juvenile hall when he got caught spray painting the school's library. Now he's fallen in with two other people as into music as him, waiting only to find someone with a decent voice to make them a real band.
Ons/Offs and my poorly maintained idea thread

Miyu

Me likie welcome to the band!!! I guess I can start the IC

Jukebox Baby

I love that we've got the in character thread up now. It would be great to have a keyboardist in addition to the Bass and lead singer and possible guitarist. In a game of this nature, there are a lot of possible roles that would give us people to role play off and have fun with. Got to love the musical band concept, so many fun possibilities.

Miyu

I was thinking, if someone wants to play just part of the groupie but not a band member he or she is welcomed to do it, it would be more fun with a group of punk friends instead of only the band. Also we might find cheerleaders for the band to bully and stuff ^^

Jukebox Baby

Quote from: Miyu on September 12, 2011, 10:02:02 PM... we might find cheerleaders for the band to bully and stuff ^^

Love the way you think!

Sharon

Miyu

Welcome, feel free to add the profile for any of the band members or a groupy or whatever ^^

Sharon

Name:Jamie Lynn Ski
Role: guitar
Personality:She hinds be a smile even though her hearts bleeds out kind of person. She don't like to see her friends down and out since they had saved her more than once. Thought deep down she a girl that wants to have fun and be wild like the other member of the band. She can be a bit crazy when it come to talking about her family.
Likes:The band, Being away from home, making her friends laugh, fitting in with the band
Dislikes:her family (parents, older sis, younger bro.), CHEERLEADERS!!!, Poster, Faker, cheater and bullies
Fears:Becoming something that her parents want her to be and letting down her friends
Bio:
Jamie has came from a twisted family. She was messed up from the started, her parents dunk a lot and would get wild from beating the shit out of her and her sibling, to trying to make them have sex with people they knew. It was a deadly circle they was running. As the years go by they liked to pick on Jamie from the start. They wanted to make her their little whore to pass around with their friends. They would wanted her to go to school and everything like that. To hind what they was doing to her.

Tara, her older sister by 2 year, hand moved out and told Jamie that she would take her with her. As the day came and went Tara took off and has not been hear from since. They think she is dead somewhere for being a mouthy bitch as their parents had put it.  Jamie has hated her she since then and if Tara would had ever to to show up she better watch for her sister. Because little sis has a knife with your name on it. Yes, she is crazy but can you blame her?

Lance,her younger brother by a year, has been in on with making Jamie a little whore for his parent, that he would used his football strenght to hold her down and have his way with her. He enjoys her a little bit to much when she is home. Since the band had been form she had been crashing at one of their places.

Jamie had worked hard with everything that she had and would keep on doing so. She couldn't wait to the paper that said she did it because that would be the day that she would moved out of the parents home. Here lately her parents had been take her home with them from her friends house to have their ways with her and maybe beat her.

In the past 3 year, she had try to kill herself, her friend had been there and had stop her from doing it. It was trying to hang herself to cutting. She had grown close to band for this.

Her guitar

Miyu

JadenMystic

Name: Stella Komina
Role: (bass, guitar etc etc) Keyboard
Personality: She's a rebel. Very spontaneous. Ends up getting the group in trouble a lot.
Dislikes: Everything that isn't associated with music.
Fears: Losing her dad serving overseas.
Bio: Family moves around a lot because of father being in the military. She's been at this location for 2 years now, and keeps wondering when she's going to be told they're moving again. She loves hanging out with her friends in the band. It's the first time she's truly fit in somewhere in a while. Most military brats have a hard time growing up normal because of the missing parent all the time for long periods of time.

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

Miyu

JadenMystic

Thanks...Reading thru, it doesn't look like any of the characters are even interacting with each other yet. It doesn't flow right  to jump in anywhere yet...Any ideas where I can get my char to jump in at?

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.