Threads of Destiny

Started by ceridwen309, August 04, 2015, 06:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceridwen309

(((Recap of Rules/Starting Info:  This game tends to never be the same twice. I will be the Narrator of the story.

You post what your human character does and I'll respond to it. Don't forget to roleplay. Without input, the game becomes dull fast. The game supports for more then one player. If more than one person enters the mansion before the other character gets too far or gives their permission....a co-play will begin......everyone does their own thing....but now one more soul is trying to survive the night.

*If you get stuck you are allowed to ask for "help", but you may not receive it.
**It should be noted that this roleplaying game will be heavily gm'd.

Make any OOC comments at the bottom of the post, like this; (ooc: Two plus two, equals fish.)
Be respectful. Have fun.)))

~TheHangedMan (Jack) enters the mansion with a locket on his person.~
~Sixleft (Dave) enters the mansion, chopsticks in hand.~

You enter the Foyer. The doors to the exit of the house shut behind you with a resounding clang. In front of you is a sweeping Staircase to the second floor of the Foyer. Behind it lies a double door. To your left and right, double doors adorn the other two walls. If the Exit is to the South and the Stairs are to the north, then in the South-West corner an open Diary sits on a small table. In the opposite corner (South-East) a small table has a Vase with water in it. The water gives off a "Charged Feeling". The double doors in the North have a table to either side. The west table has a Dying Rose in a white single-flower vase. Two petals rest on the tables surface. The east table has nothing on it, but a drawer can be seen.

(ooc: Make your moves players :3)

TheHangedOne

Jack takes a moment to look at the other humans, then casts his eyes this way and that. He looks over the objects that seem apparent, and the layout of this room, particularly the stairs. He reaches into his pocket, and withdraws the locket, something he has done before entering the mansion. But, like the other times before, he stops to open it and see what is inside of it.  It was always a point of fascination for him.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

ceridwen309

The locket plays a haunting melody. The picture of a small spritely girl in a white sun dress is captured within. Only the girl's radiant smile can be seen beneath the large cream sun hat she wears on her head.

sixleft

Dave looks about, sticking his hands in his pockets and feigning disinterest in the mansion. He fingers the chopsticks in his pocket, fidgeting to put himself at ease. He catches sight of the diary and, keeping his hands in his pockets, wanders over to read the open page.
Ons and Offs
Apologies again to my partners, but after a litany of failures and delays on my part, I have to take a leave of E. I am truly sorry to leave and to do so this way - but I just cannot balance my time at the moment, and I would simply continues to let you down, which none of you deserve. Once again, I am truly sorry.

ceridwen309

Dave sees Jack pull out a silver locket etched with a "T" on it. The locket plays a haunting melody. (Like a cross between a lullaby and a sad earthy tune.)

Dave walks over and checks the "open diary".........tiny words were scrawled at the top of the page...........

"Write your name down, and your life will be spared once. Recorded at the moment of signing.
Sign twice and death will surely follow."

A small list of names fill the lines below........... .

The Narrator
Nancy Brisco
Randy Atkinson
Jake Aurora
Alyx Aurora
Ceridwen Aurora
Celestal Aurora
Alyssa Hamilton
Dennis Owens
(A dark smudge was carried across this name, making it too difficult to read.)

A pen rests with the point on the next line in order, as if waiting for someone to write.......or because someone was suddenly called from writing.

sixleft

Dave shrugs, casts a quick glance back at the others in the mansion with him and signs his name. Scrawls, really. Then he caps and pockets the pen, looking to see what the others are up to.
Ons and Offs
Apologies again to my partners, but after a litany of failures and delays on my part, I have to take a leave of E. I am truly sorry to leave and to do so this way - but I just cannot balance my time at the moment, and I would simply continues to let you down, which none of you deserve. Once again, I am truly sorry.

ceridwen309

The written name glowed briefly, and then dimmed.

A feral laugh could be heard suddenly from upstairs, it sounded much like an animal howl.

The doors to the left of the foyer, opened slowly with much creaking. An ominous chill blew through the room.

(Current Room Description:)

You enter the Foyer. The doors to the exit of the house shut behind you with a resounding clang. In front of you is a sweeping Staircase to the second floor of the Foyer. Behind it lies a double door. To your left and right, double doors adorn the other two walls. If the Exit is to the South and the Stairs are to the north, then in the South-West corner an open Diary sits on a small table. In the opposite corner (South-East) a small table has a Vase with water in it. The water gives off a "Charged Feeling". The double doors in the North have a table to either side. The west table has a Dying Rose in a white single-flower vase. Two petals rest on the tables surface. The east table has nothing on it, but a drawer can be seen.

TheHangedOne

He closed the locket, and slipped it back into his pocket. "That's a pretty dick move," He commented, casually, as he saw Dave pocket the pen. He then went over to see what was actually in the book, getting there right after the howl. It sent a shudder down his spine, made his flesh prickle with goosebumps.

He looks over the names... "Seems like an entire family came through... well, whatever, keep the pen. I'm like a cat, you know, nine lives and all..." he chuckled a bit at his own joke. Where Dave fidgeted, the joking and chuckling were Jack's thing; an indicator that he was ill at ease, and trying to get back there.

He looked around the room again, at its contents, but decided not to risk anything right now. Nothing fascinated him enough, and if the reputation of this place hadn't put him into the cautious state, that eery sound did.

He considers where the chill came from, and shies away towards the other door; the 'right' one. Hopefully, it would be that in more ways than one... "You gonna stay here, or are we gonna hang together?"
Check out my poet tree!

sixleft

"Never know when you might need a pen. Besides, it's not like I'm pinching it, I've not left the house yet." Dave raised his hands in mock defence. He licked his lips in apprehension, eyeing the doors that had opened.

"It might just be me." He said. "But I'm getting the impression that something wants us to go through those doors. You have anything to defend yourself with?"
Ons and Offs

ceridwen309

Jack:

Jack checks the open book.

tiny words were scrawled at the top of the page...........

"Write your name down, and your life will be spared once. Recorded at the moment of signing.
Sign twice and death will surely follow."

A small list of names fill the lines below........... .

The Narrator
Nancy Brisco
Randy Atkinson
Jake Aurora
Alyx Aurora
Ceridwen Aurora
Celestal Aurora
Alyssa Hamilton
Dennis Owens
(A dark smudge was carried across this name, making it too difficult to read.)
Dave

The pen was missing from the book's table, and was currently residing in Dave's pocket.

(ooc: Unless you want just your first name written down...let us know your last name too, Dave.)

TheHangedOne

At hearing the question, he reached his hand down into his pocket. The same pocket that held a lighter, a case with a few cigarettes in it, and his keys, soon had his hand in it. He withdrew a small, folding pocket knife, and without bringing the blade out, he showed it to Dave. "Just this. My lil' utility knife. But, I keep it super-sharp, and I know the right end to hold it by." Again, with the chuckling, a light and airy sound.

He's pensive for a few moments, and decides.. "Ahh, screw it. If I disappear, guess I better let people know where it was," and so, using the tip of his knife, he very delicately scratched his name into the book. Jack 'turnip' Hearth.  He is so careful and has such control over the knife, that at no point would he be at risk for ripping the page; that is, unless something startled him, or the book decided to move of its own accord, or what-have-you.

His name is lightly etched into the page, so it may not be visible at just a glance, but looking intently at it should reveal it. That is, of course, if it remains mere scratches. "And as for doors, I say we take one of the ones that didn't open."
Check out my poet tree!

sixleft

Dave frowned at Jack. "You could've borrowed the pen you know." He held out his hand for Jack to shake. "Dave Arnold. Good to meet someone who knows the right end of a knife to hold."

"I say we go for the open door, or have a look about here. I'd rather not turn my back on whatever opened the way, you know?"

(ooc: I put it in the character sheet I PMd you, but I like the idea that he just signed his first name, like he's more used to graffiti than signing a guest book)
Ons and Offs

ceridwen309

Jack:

Jack took his utility knife and etched his first name into the open diary that was being used as a makeshift guest book. The Carved letters emboldened and blackened like fresh ink scrawled across the paper. His name was clear to see, and glowed with a deep light shine. Just as quickly, the glow dimmed and faded.

TheHangedOne

"I could have, but I usually just like to do things my own way," he said to Dave, and shook the other man's hand. "Jack Hearth."

"Alright, sure, let's go the way that was opened. But I'm reserving the right to an I-told-you-so," He chuckled a bit as he said this. He frowned for a minute, though, when he looked back down at the page he had signed. There was his name, in ink... he points it out, tapping the spot with his finger. "Well, let's hope things don't get too much weirder then this, eh?"

And on that note, he'd head off for the door that had been flung opened. He's cautious, as he moves, but not so much that he would be slow.
Check out my poet tree!

sixleft

Dave took Jack's hand with a genuine smile, and then stuck his back into his pockets, fiddling with the pen. "Let's hope so." He agreed, trying not to think about how the ink had gotten there.

He let Jack take the lead, staying a couple of paces behind him as they entered the new room. He tried to feign a nonchalant attitude, but his pace quickened whenever he felt he was falling too far behind.
Ons and Offs

ceridwen309

Dave and Jack:

Jack and Dave moves cautiously into the dining room.

A rectangular dining table is set before you, five chairs to each side. One of the two head chairs has a roaring fireplace to it's back, throwing warm shadows on the fading sunlight.

The other head chair is pulled away from the table and positioned with it's back to the door you have just entered through. The chair faces a plethora of windows, total of seven, that seem quite odd.

A man is sitting in the chair that faces the odd windows, wearing a black traveling cloak, black bowler hat, and a cane at his side. He seems unaware of your presence.

The table has twelve places set, two candelabra(3 prong), and a covered dish in the center.

Aside from the lit candles, five electric lights adorn the walls......All are lit with dim eerie blue light.(this includes the candles).

Four paintings adorn the walls, two on the north wall and two on the south. One...a grave, Two...a butterfly, Three...a fireplace, Four...a chair in an open field.

A grandfather clock stands by the fireplace on the west wall, that faces the windows on the east wall. From a glance the time is "six something".

The entrance is to the south.

"What will you do now?" The voice of the narrator whispers.

TheHangedOne

As he enters the dining room, he pauses, off to the side of the door, so that Dave could get in. He just stands still, though, and takes his time to look at everything; the windows, the paintings, the fire, the oddly colored lights, the... strange, strange man. He frowns a bit, then his face fades into a more neutral expression.  He cast a quick, wordless glance back to Dave.

The knife, folded up into itself, stays held in his right hand. It is held in such a way that at a glance, one could tell he held something, but not what it actually was; not with regular eyesight, at any rate.  "Hello, sir," oh god, he felt so freakin' awkward, because what are they going to do if this turns out to just be a 'normal' human man? What if there wasn't anything freaky at all? And here they are, him with a knife, even.

But, he tries to keep his voice as neutral as his expression.  He couldn't let his nerves get the best of him. "We're sorry to intrude, but... something has, at least for me, been pulling me here." A hell of a lame excuse, perhaps, but it was at least the truth. Ever since he found that locket, this place, in its own way, has been calling to him.
Check out my poet tree!

sixleft

Dave returned the glance with a silent gesture of encouragement. He wasn't sure what he wanted Jack to do, but he'd rather Jack do something first. Just in case. He winced, grimacing a little at Jack's awkward conversation and took a breath.

Figuring the guy had opened the door for a reason, Dave strode up to the chair and rested a hand on the back. "The thing is, there's some funny stuff happened to us already, and we've not even been here ten minutes yet. Like a book that turns scratches into pen, and a man in a black hat who likes throwing open doors and legging it to his armchair to do his best Bond villain impression. We were hoping you could tell us a little more about what's been going on, preferably in English and without any dramatics."

He swung around the side of the chair to get a look at their host.
Ons and Offs

ceridwen309

Jack and Dave:

"Hello, sir,...........We're sorry to intrude, but... something has, at least for me, been pulling me here." Jack said awkwardly to the silent man's back.

Dave strode up to the man's chair and rested a hand on the back. "The thing is, there's some funny stuff happened to us already, and we've not even been here ten minutes yet. Like a book that turns scratches into pen, and a man in a black hat who likes throwing open doors and legging it to his armchair to do his best Bond villain impression. We were hoping you could tell us a little more about what's been going on, preferably in English and without any dramatics."

The man chuckled while rising from the chair. Staring hard into Dave's eyes, he said; "The reason why you are here is because you think you have what it takes, that you believe you have a greater purpose. If you do have one, you'll find it here."

The dark man moved past Dave and began approaching Jack, his eyes aglow in the firelight. The man stared hard into Jack's eyes, white hair falling across his wrinkled face. Seeing something, he smiles. He then strides from the room with purpose, shouting in his climb. "The girls are mine! You'll never see them again. You're not even playing the right game."

The man headed upstairs and deeper into the mansion. A resounding slam signaled the closing of the upstairs door.

(Current Room Description)
A rectangular dining table is set before you, five chairs to each side. One of the two head chairs has a roaring fireplace to it's back, throwing warm shadows on the fading sunlight.

The other head chair is pulled away from the table and positioned with it's back to the door you have just entered through. The chair faces a plethora of windows, total of seven, that seem quite odd.

A chair faces the odd windows, empty of the odd man's presence.

The table has twelve places set, two candelabra(3 prong), and a covered dish in the center.

Aside from the lit candles, five electric lights adorn the walls......All are lit with dim eerie blue light.(this includes the candles).

Four paintings adorn the walls, two on the north wall and two on the south. One...a grave, Two...a butterfly, Three...a fireplace, Four...a chair in an open field.

A grandfather clock stands by the fireplace on the west wall, that faces the windows on the east wall. From a glance the time is "six something".

sixleft

Dave's heart leapt into his throat when the man rose from his chair. He immediately regretted being so brusque, but he endured until the stranger turned his attention to Jack. Dave breathed a sigh of relief, coming down from an adrenaline high, when the man left the room. He sought Jack's eyes and tried to crack a smile. "Pretty sure I said 'plain English, no dramatics', right? What do you reckon, ignorant or mental?"

((Did the old man take his cane?))
Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

When the man came and looked at him so intently, he nearly flinched away. Literally, the only thing that stopped him from doing that was the fear that showing any sign of weakness would result in dire consequences.

He turned his attention back to Dave, taking out the locket, and opening it up to show it to him. "Crazy. I'm not sure if that's because something's missing, or if we're the ones missing something. Craziness is crazy like that." He chuckled weakly. "But, what do you think he meant? Not even in the right game? Maybe I'm at the wrong place..." when and if Dave was done looking at the locket, he'd slide it into his pocket.

"Well, whatever. I'm here now. I won't flake out. Not yet, anyway." He shrugged his shoulders, and sat on the corner of the table. "So, I guess we're going to go looking through some of the other doors? I prefer we stay on the ground floor for the time being. Once we've worked our way through it, we can head upstairs. Sound like a plan?"
Check out my poet tree!

ceridwen309

Taking out the locket, Jack opened it up to show to Dave. The locket played it's haunting melody. The picture of the girl in the white sun dress smiles back from the old photograph. Only the girl's radiant smile can be seen beneath the large cream sun hat she wears on her head. She has a ball in her hands, a favorite plaything perhaps?

(ooc: The man did take his cane actually. Very observant on you noticing that I didn't mention it.)

(Current Room Description)

A chair faces the odd windows, empty of the odd man's presence.

sixleft

Dave looked at the locket, a little disinterested. He didn't recognise the girl in the picture, at least he didn't think so. "Who's that?"

He wandered up to the table and nodded at Jack. If they were going to explore, they would be best off doing it properly. So it helped to have a plan - and any plan that kept them downstairs and away from that crazy old coot was a good plan in his book. "Sure, might as well clear out down here before we follow Baron Bonkers upstairs." He ducked a little as he lifted the cover from the dish on the table, getting a good look under it as he pulled it away.
Ons and Offs

TheHangedOne

"No clue. I found it one day. Can't even remember how..." He shrugged his shoulders at this, and began to move towards the door.  At hearing 'Baron Bonkers', he laughed pretty heartily. "Hey, that's a good one."

He would head back South, into the room they had come from, once Dave was ready. Of course, once in that room, he'd take a moment to glance around and see if anything looks out of the ordinary, compared to when they first arrived.
Check out my poet tree!

ceridwen309

Dave and Jack:

Dave ducked a little as he lifted the cover from the dish on the table, getting a good look under it as he pulled it away. Underneath the silvery cover, he found a steaming freshly baked turkey. The exquisite dish was complete with trimmings and parsley for extra freshness.

The fire continued to crackle merrily, as the grandfather clock tocked ever onward.

(ooc: I will wait for dave to post before describing the foyer. I'm not sure how impressed by the turkey he will be....lol)