Deception: Murdered in Hong Kong Game Thread

Started by Galactic Druid, January 04, 2016, 10:59:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blythe

* Blythe casts all the True Res for ThatRPGuy!

GUY

YOUR WAYWARD SPIRIT MUST RETURN TO TEND TO YOUR UNFINISHED BUSINESS

*flails for Deception answer for Assassini's guess*

Galactic Druid

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 03, 2016, 06:15:54 PM
C
...lose, but not quite! Incorrect!

And that, I'm afraid, concludes our bonus time, as well as our game, which means....

Verasaille and her accomplice, Madame Professor have gotten away with Murder!!
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Galactic Druid

I want to take a moment to thank everyone who participated for playing. I was really excited to bring this game to E after first playing it at a gaming convention last fall. You guys were super awesome for letting me test my online adaption for the game on you, and I hope you had as much fun playing as I did running it.

I'll run more rounds in the spring, probably mid-late March after a break, which I think many of us would appreciate. Those of you who want to be on my first PMs interest list, just let me know.

Verasaille

*dances a jig and crows with laughter!*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFNLbAs3KAU
(linked since there's kidlets ~Staff)
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Strangefate

Thanks for running it Guy!  Congrats Verasaille!

But, um...

Isn't anyone going to say what the murder weapon and evidence actually was?  If it's Trophy and Bank Note like I suggested I'm going to be bummed  :P
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Verasaille

Folding chair and dictionary. Honestly you guys were so close I was ready to concede more than once. I just picked what to me was the oddest combination.

Great game all!! I had a blast!

Oh and definitely up for more games!
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Strangefate

Oh, jeez, I suggested Folding Chair and Dictionary even over Trophy and Bank Note!

*is still bummed*  :P

Good choices though.  You had so many blunt objects and written pieces of evidence it was a bit of a crapshoot guessing through them all.
A/A/Misc
On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Galactic Druid

Whoops, I forgot to tell you, it was folding chair and dictionary! Sniped by Vera.

Honestly, this round was a great example of why wrong guesses are't a waste and why waiting for more information isn't always the best option. There were quite a few people that had it figured out, but didn't want to 'waste' a vote. A couple of votes would have nailed it, but waiting for more intel and some very unlucky card draws for Perse ended up swinging the game.

Remiel

Wow.  Congrats, Vera and MP!  You sneaky sneaks have gotten away with it, this time!

I figured it was the Folding Chair, but then "Blank" and "Nothing" made absolutely no sense in the context of a Dictionary (I figured Persephone was trying to say nothing = zero = numbers).

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Galactic Druid

Just for fun, if you had been caught, who did you guys think the witness was?

Madame Professor

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 03, 2016, 09:38:42 PM
Just for fun, if you had been caught, who did you guys think the witness was?

Assassini. For sure.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Blythe

Congratulations, Vera and MP, on a game well-played. :)

Madame Professor

Hehehe thanks everyone.

I have to say, I was rather amused when you guessed JM, Blythe. Cause I had totes done what you thought I did.  ::)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Derwaysh

This was really awesome, folks. Looking forward to another run whenever you're able, Guy! ;D

Way to go MP and Versaille! I'd have never guessed. xD

#10/10WouldWasteVoteAgain
And I, methinks, am gone astray
In trackless wastes and lone.

Pleased to meet you, hope you guessed my name! | A peek is worth a thousand words!

A/A

Finals Week: Posting delays of up to 1 week/10 days

persephone325

Leave it to me to run the round where the murderer wins... >.<

Some of those clue draws were FUCKING BALLS! Like, ridiculous... I was really frustrated because I could hardly find anything that pointed to "Dictionary". I thought that if enough people guessed "Numbers" incorrectly, then other people would start thinking "Maybe that's really not right."... But it didn't work out that way.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Remiel

Mmm...I think, Persephone, I would have used Classroom as the clue to point to the Dictionary, and then Assembly for the Folding Chair.

I actually got the Folding Chair pretty early on, between Cafeteria, Action, and Assembly, so kudos to that; but for the life of me I couldn't make heads or tails of your Blank and Nothing clues.

Verasaille

I thought for sure Remi had me then. I was on pins and needles!!

persephone325

Quote from: Remiel on February 03, 2016, 11:43:23 PM
Mmm...I think, Persephone, I would have used Classroom as the clue to point to the Dictionary, and then Assembly for the Folding Chair.

I actually got the Folding Chair pretty early on, between Cafeteria, Action, and Assembly, so kudos to that; but for the life of me I couldn't make heads or tails of your Blank and Nothing clues.

Blank and Nothing were just that. Nothing else from the choices seemed to fit, so I was just like "Fuck this shit... I have no idea what to do here."
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

I knew it was Vera but some of those clues didn't really fit. Couln't figure out the right combo.

Verasaille

You did your best Persephone with what you got. I had a great time and thought I was doomed more than once.

That is why, Yugi, I picked the most unlikely set of murder weapon and clue. I had no idea what kind of clues the FS would have.

yugi006

But even then if classroom were to be picked instead of cafeteria we might have picked up on the dictionary part.

Assassini

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on February 03, 2016, 09:17:37 PM
...lose, but not quite! Incorrect!

And that, I'm afraid, concludes our bonus time, as well as our game, which means....

Verasaille and her accomplice, Madame Professor have gotten away with Murder!!

Aah. Damn. GG!

Well played folks.

Quote from: Madame Professor on February 03, 2016, 09:40:15 PM
Assassini. For sure.

*shifty eyes*

What makes you say that?

Galactic Druid

I have to admit, all these post-game comments are making me sad to wrap goings up, but I think a break is still ultimately a good idea. Those of you that still have a gaming bug, I know Perse is trying to get a round of Salem going, the interest is currently stickied.

Anyway, it was really great playing with you guys.