News:

Main Menu

COBRA KAI

Started by IronEagle, November 27, 2021, 04:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronEagle

So I am absolutely OBSESSED with Cobra Kai. I think it's a really great show...and I love Johnny! Eagle Fang is bad ass! I think the three creators did a fantastic job rehashing the franchise. I love how they grew Johnny's character and I just love William Zabka and Ralph Macchio! It's a great show. Does anyone else like Cobra Kai as much as I do?
𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖜 𝖒𝖞𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖋 𝖔𝖓 𝖋𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖘 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖞𝖔𝖚...

Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

It is an absolute favorite. I think my favorite thing is that it manages to be nostalgic without pandering. A lot of shows and movies when trying to capture nostalgia, will just re-hash the story, do blatant pointless callbacks and references, and the like. Cobra Kai doesn't. It feels genuine, does a good job of developing the characters we met in 1984 and aside from the silly teen drama stuff, is an extremely good story (and even hte silly teen drama stuff can easily be handwaved because, well, teenagers are kind of dumb, aren't they?  ;D)

Very much looking forward to the next season

IronEagle

Exactly! Sam is such a drama queen! She causes alot of her own problems lol!!! And I think Robby will be getting with Tory this season!

Ons and Offs

CaptainErotica

Love the show. Really enjoyed seeing Kumiko again as an adult. So cool they managed to get the same actresses and actors.

CriminalMindsFan

I'm looking forward to the next season. Still need to finish the first though. LOL

Rinzler

Big fan of the show myself, and looking forward to the next season too. Especially if - as hinted in the last season - Terry Silver makes an appearance. Damn, things will just get downright mean.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. A quick google reveals Terry Silver is definitely on for the next season. Splendid!

IronEagle

Ons and Offs

Chulanowa

Quote from: CaptainErotica on December 04, 2021, 06:09:56 AM
Love the show. Really enjoyed seeing Kumiko again as an adult. So cool they managed to get the same actresses and actors.

That's a real great thing. The episode where Johnny hooks up with his friends form high school is just one of the best pieces of... television? I've seen in a very long time

Esoterica

I loved Kobra Kai. More than the original movies if you could believe that. Lol. It was just done brilliantly.
"The image ALT here""The image ALT here"

RperSeeker69

I have enjoyed watching it, well, all except Samantha LaRusso, honestly her character peeves me the way she plays with the guys on the show. Otherwise yeah it is entertaining and sad they canceled it. It only has the sixth season coming out this year and after that the creators are hopeful for a spin off and then you have the movie coming out which is meant to bridge the original with the Jackie Chan led one.

CriminalMindsFan

On the show, the characters have seen the Jackie Chan Karate Kid movie from what I recall.

RperSeeker69

Well I kind of wonder how that will work given the two characters will be meeting in that upcoming film and looking after another Karate Kid. 

Either way I am hoping for a spin off with the series if only to continue that world that was built with such love and care.