News:

Main Menu

Rugby Talk

Started by Pellafin, December 14, 2010, 07:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pellafin

I'm creating this for fans or Rugby to come and chat. I also have a few questions about rugby in general. I'm kind of new to the sport, but I enjoy watching it.

So what are your favorite teams?
Why are the goal posts set up the way they are?
Why, near the goal line, do the two teams huddle together and push against each other? What is that called?
Does anyone know where I can watch some rugby matches online? We don't get it on our TV and I'm a bit at a loss for where I can go to watch it.

Please, I know sports can bring out the worst in some people, so no bashing or arguing about teams and what not. Thanks.
Arkady Duvall: You! I don't believe it!
Jonah Hex: Guess I'm just a bad penny.
Arkady Duvall: Why are you doing this?
Jonah Hex: Because I don't like you.

Major Major

I'm not much of a Rugby fan, but I can explain some of these things.

My team, naturally, are the mighty New Zealand All Blacks.

The 'huddling' thing, as you put it, is called "The Scrum", where they fight for possession of the ball.

Pellafin

OK. Now I know the Scrum is fighting for the possession of the ball. I'm still hoping to fined a place to watch it on line, So I don't have to pay for Direct TV with the add-on for Rugby. Thank you for informing me about the Scrum.

Oniya

I know very little about rugby, except for seeing it on bumper stickers such as 'Give blood, play rugby', and 'Support wild life, hug a rugby player'.

However, I'm a Finder, and so here's my contribution:

http://rugbylivestreaming.com/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Pellafin

Thanks now all I have to do is wait for the season to start in March. Oh and in the link you have to download the sports fan one or the regular one and I can even watch DK 2 from Denmark.