(interest check) Life about Ponyville /Open to Bronies and Pegasisters

Started by Baalborn87, July 07, 2015, 11:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

I try to make it no secret that I am a UK Brony (seen all episodes and can name most background ponies). So I had an Idea to start an open world freeform FiM roleplay. I tried it before, and it went well. But I think interest waned as it didn't start in Ponyville and it took a while to get there. So now it's more or less in and around Ponyville. It will more than likely will be in the adult (but may be in exotic, see how the mood of the herd is).

It's going to be set about 100 years after "current" events (no mane six. But you can be related to one of them, obviously not a daughter). And will be set in Ponyville. You can either be an established resident, or new arrival. As long as you think it'll be fun to rp. Go for it.

As age is not mentioned in the show (at least not frequently). I wont include it in the character sheet. Also only royalty can be an Allicorn (sorry).

I would like a picture of your pony I used http://generalzoi.deviantart.com/art/Pony-Creator-Full-Version-254295904 and saved it to my computer then uploaded it to the wiki. But if you have a preferred way feel free to use it. As long as I know what they look like I'm happy.

So to start I would like a brief Character sheet of those interested (more detail can be in the designated thread). As follows.

Name: Make your own or use any one of the many random generators out there.
Breed: Earth/Pegasus/Unicorn/Crystal ponies/Griffin/Buffalo/(still debating on whether to allow changelings as the Chrysalis/flufflepuff "rehabilitation" isn't cannon)
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Sexuality: Straight/Gay-Lesbian/Bisexual/Pan-sexual/etc
Image: [*img][/img]
Brief Personality:

Interested? Let me know, and understand. There are no stupid questions.

P.S Although I am aware that this is an "Adult" roleplay site. I don't want sex to be the main driving force behind this Rp.
Though don't get me wrong, I'm not ruling it out. If it happens, it happens. Have fun and try not to piss off your partner.

My character/example
Name: Rocket Jump
Breed: Earth
Sex: Stallion
Sexuality: Straight
Image:
pic
Brief Personality: Rocket Jump. Originally from Manehatten, is a very friendly stallion.  He's friendly and can be sociable, but if you're new. Can be quite coy and bashful. But if you make friends with him. You have a friend for life. He has an almost obsessive fascination with "new technology". Since the discovery of a new magical element called "Lektrysity" has allowed magic to be brought to the non magical earth ponies and pegusi. Though difficult to control, it can be used to power many new fascinating inventions, from music to light and many others. Rocket Jump has a great interest in this new element and along with some inventively talented ponies, has come up with a new type of entertainment, and came to Ponyville to open a new amusement called a "Game Arcade". Which he called the 1-bit Arcade
His father worked in the bit market and his mother was a chef at a top restaurant. As such he spent most of his time as a colt with friends at the arcade. Finding his special talent with videogames and technology. As he grew up he realised that these games were too good to be kept for the ponies of Manehatten, and decided that he would open his own arcade to help nurture the next generation.
He loves to meet new ponies and make new friends. When anypony talks to him about his favourite subjects, he can get very passionate excitable. He's a distant relation to Button mash, from whom he got his love of video games.

Character thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=233112.0
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=233114.0
IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=233374.0

Malgriff

Hey, will you be using a system for this or freeform?

Name: Midnight Meadow
Sex: Mare
Sexuality: Unknown yet though likely bisexual
Image: http://akumamika.deviantart.com/art/Midnight-Meadow-Quick-Reference-540429931

Brief Personality:  Midnight is generaly friendly but does not do well in large crowds of people, so cities would be a nightmare for her. She scares fairly easily and can be considered a coward, she knows this and tries to avoid situations where she would most likely become scared or panic. She is a mute so communication is difficult but she compensates by being creative with her gestures and allowing her emotions to be in full view in her expressions. This however can lead to extreme vulnerability when in the presence of less than friendly ponies. When she is called out on either her lack of ability to speak or just picked on in general she takes it too much to heart and goes back to her grove until she feels she is able to handle going back out again.

Sessha

I thought I recognized this thread once before. I'll put this little filly up here again.  ;D

Name: Mystic Star
Breed: Unicorn
Sexuality: Bisexual
Image:
Brief Personality: Mystic Star is an open and friendly pony who doesn't mind talking with others. She has a fierce nature when challenged but is kind and gentle. Her dream is to someday be as best a sorcerer as the legendary Star Swirl the Bearded or even Twilight Sparkle.
Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Lustful Bride

*kinds of wants to be a Griffon/ wait till more people join up*

Baalborn87

Good to see interest

Quote from: Lustful Bride on July 12, 2015, 01:37:07 PM
*kinds of wants to be a Griffon/ wait till more people join up*

And I cant see why not lusty. I'll amend the description.

Baalborn87

Yukina

Name: Garden Rose
Sexuality: Lesbian
Image:
Brief Personality: Garden Rose is a very shy pony be nature. You'll mostly find her tending to her prize garden behind her house, her cutie mark being a flower. The only time she ever becomes assertive is when someone steps on one of her flowers or any other flower she finds beautiful. She wants to have friends m but she is terrible at taking assertive actions to obtain them. The mare is probably the only one, besides her parents, to ever step in her garden due to her lack of friends. As a child, she had always read tales about Fluttershy and wished she could at least gain her level of courage, in other words actually having some. The yellow mare is still her idol to this day, Garden Rose having found her kind, but helpful when others let her be, not unlike herself. Unfortunately for her, few knew her to ask her help.

JoanieSappho

Aww, no seaponies? Or, slightly more seriously (I would play seapone if that would make the slightest bit of sense!) no crystal ponies, or was that an oversight?

Since I'm thinking I might like to try a shot at a crystal mare.
Or seapony.  :P

Baalborn87

Quote from: JoanieSappho on July 13, 2015, 11:45:21 AM
Aww, no seaponies? Or, slightly more seriously (I would play seapone if that would make the slightest bit of sense!) no crystal ponies, or was that an oversight?

Since I'm thinking I might like to try a shot at a crystal mare.
Or seapony.  :P

HOW COULD I FORGET THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE? How can I call myself a Brony now?  :'(

Sure Crystal Empire ponies are fine. If you think you could work in a Merpony you can try. Would it be a "lower half turns into a tail with contact with water/by magic" kind of deal?

JoanieSappho

Nah, I love seaponies and all - and really hope they bring them to G4, too - but I'll stay with the Crystal Empire. Even though no OC creator seems to be made with them in mind. I did knock up a kinda-accurate one, although it's insuffciently crystally.

Name: Sapphire Wave
Breed: Crystal/Earth
Sexuality: Bisexual

Enthusiastic - or, more accurately, reckless - Sapphire has spent her life in near-constant motion, wandering the lands of Equestria and the Crystal Empire in pursuit of ... well, of whatever it is that had just caught her attention at the time.
However, no matter how overexcited (and easiy distracted) Sapphire can be, like the sea she is calmer the deeper you go, always holding onto just enough introspection to avoid causing too many problems. Her stopover in Ponyville was originally due to an interest in the early home of one of the Empire's greatest heroes, Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious, although, being who she is, she'll quickly get distracted by something else.

Silk

Name: Melody
Breed: Pegasus
Sexuality: More than likely Bi-sexual, but... we are ponys? *awkward stare*
Image:
Brief Personality: Melody is not of this world, and her personality tends to reflect this, while she would otherwise be a generally kind and helpful kind of girl with a love for music and singing, having stumbled through the portal located at a old horse statue, she's found herself in a world drastically different to her own, in a body that isn't her own either. Dispite the best efforts of those who found her, she has yet been unable to return back to her real world, faced with the real possibility of never being able to return home, Melody is now forced to try to adapt to this new world and walking on four legs, and don't even begin to think about learning how to fly.

Additional note: Melody as someone who didn't grow up in Equestia has no cutie mark as of yet.

Yukina

Silk

Thanks, been speaking with Baal about it, considering I know very little about the universe, having my character know next to nothing as well with this set-up will be of a real benefit for me in trying to learn, because the character is trying to learn. :D

Sessha

Locked, cocked and ready to rock!

Baalborn87

I'm going to keep recruitment ongoing. But tomorrow i'll set up the IC/OC and Character threads.

Baalborn87

pendarious

I've spent a while thinking about it...and I guess I'll join back up
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Baalborn87