What's cooking?

Started by Kalen, April 01, 2008, 06:18:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saturnschild

chef boyardee meat ravioli
The greatest thing you can ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return.-Moulin Rouge
In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally start living.- Walking Dead
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him. - Johnny Cash

Ons and Offs saturn

Hippie

Hamburger Helper!
Haha ::)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."

MusicNeverDies

Cheddar Pasta with Vegetables. Yum. :)

BaronS

Well we just had Good Friday lunch here for the family so...let me have a look and see whats on the tables. 

Barramundi cooked on the BBQ, prawns (NOT shrimp!), salt and pepper squid, salads, a massive potato bake, garlic bread.
Dessert is my chocolate mousse that everyone seems to like and want double servings of. 

So yeah - Easter here is pretty damn good for those of us who like seafood. 
Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

Captain Maltese

Had a Whopper Cheese on the way home. It tasted like crap and I threw most of if in a bin, but not before the dressing had dripped down on and spoiled my suit. Now I'll have to take it to the cleaner and I am, emphatically, not going to have another burger in a long long time.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Krysia

Ok so I got up this morning and spent some time with Johnathan and got the munchies and I was being inventive. We have a muffin pan for our toaster oven and I wanted to try it out. I pulled out the chocolate chip muffin mix and got to work. In the mean time Johnathan had decided to make what we found called a desert pizza. Basically pizza crust with cinnamon and sugar swirl on it. >.> Yes for those of know I'm diabetic it would be and was a diabetic's coma awaiting. So as the pizza was in the oven I tossed the muffins in the toaster oven. I was curious to see how they cooked so I watched and watched and watched. Most of the centers hadn't risen yet and I had called them retarded muffins for that. I figured it would rise by time I took them out. Not a chance. The timer went off and Johnathan pulled them out so I could make sure they were done properly. I grabbed my cell phone cause currently it's the only camera I own, and is crap, but I got the pictures of them coming out. I checked them and they were cooked all the way through and yet still no rise in the muffins top. >.> They ended up looking more like a biscuit then anything else. I snapped a few more pictures laughing the whole time. They were delicious. So with out further ado I'd like to introduce Krysia's Biscuit Muffins! The Buffins! (Nick name given to them by Johnathan)

Bon Appetit!!

Oniya

Two things that might have contributed to the buffin-hood there:  One is that toaster ovens need preheating for about 5 minutes for anything more complicated than garlic toast.  The other is if the mix itself was old and the leavening agent had expired.

Nothing actively cooking here, but I'm contemplating dusting off the bread machine again.  In a couple weeks we're getting another roommate, and maybe this time loaves will be eaten before going green.   :'(
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Josietta

I've never had fresh baked bread but was always curious about a bread making machine. I love baking so maybe that's why!

Krys> those look yummy even if retarded! hehe   

This lovely sunshiney morning, Josi is having  half a toasted everything bagel (by Sara Lee cuz i found that brand to be the softest and freshest at the grocery store) with peanut butter and a bottled water. My trainer insists I have lots of protein with a carb and water and a little sugar added in before and after my workouts.  Sugar + Josi = bad stuff  So I settle for peanut butter and bagels which has a small amount that won't kill me.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Oniya

Quote from: Josietta on April 16, 2009, 10:32:58 AM
I've never had fresh baked bread but was always curious about a bread making machine. I love baking so maybe that's why!

Bread making machines take lots of the tedium out of baking bread.  Layer the ingredients (dry on top of wet usually, yeast on the top) and it does all the kneading.  The one I have beeps when you should add things like nuts or fruit (apple oatmeal loaf!), and has a 'dough' cycle so that you can do fun things like pizza crusts or challah as well as a full bake cycle for making actual loaves.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Downfall347

I am attempting to make raman noodles with a metal form, a live electric current and a rice steamer. If I die, it was in the name of SCIENCE!!!

Oniya

Quote from: Downfall347 on April 16, 2009, 11:07:49 AM
I am attempting to make raman noodles with a metal form, a live electric current and a rice steamer. If I die, it was in the name of SCIENCE!!!

*prefers making spaetzle with a colander and a stock pot.*

Bliss

I have taken myself out for lunch. Tandoori chicken, chai, papadum...
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Krysia

Quote from: Oniya on April 16, 2009, 09:57:33 AM
Two things that might have contributed to the buffin-hood there:  One is that toaster ovens need preheating for about 5 minutes for anything more complicated than garlic toast.  The other is if the mix itself was old and the leavening agent had expired.

The toaster oven was preheated while I was mixing the batter together for the buffins. I just think they're so funny looking. So good but funny. xD I'm going with the leavening agent on this one.

Josietta

Last nights dinner.

Roast Chicken with Rosemary and Fresh Parsley seasoned Red Potatoes and Carrots

and a side of Sauteed Leeks and Mushrooms with Garlic Rosemary Parsley and Thyme.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

BaronS

Oh wow.  Josietta after seeing that I think Im in love with you...

For the thread my dinner was pretty simple, just stir fried chicken with some asian greens and noodles. 
Gone Walkabout. 

Will return.

Josietta

Quote from: BaronS on May 29, 2009, 07:40:45 AM
Oh wow.  Josietta after seeing that I think Im in love with you...

For the thread my dinner was pretty simple, just stir fried chicken with some asian greens and noodles.

Awwww thank you! I love to cook. In fact i'm leaving for 3 weeks on vacation and Gran has commissioned me to cook up meals for her while i'm gone to freeze for reheating later. So one day in the next couple weeks i'll be cooking all day and freezing 18 meals.  Should be loads of fun!

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Paradox

Technically, this would be "What's Baking?", but since Krysia already put some bread in here, I'll follow suit (pardon the poor quality; it's a cell phone picture):

As Ket can attest, I often make banana nut bread; this time I made beer bread. The entire house smells deeeelicious.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

MzNurse

slow grilled ribs (beef and pork), chicken, pork chops, sirloin steaks, corn on the cob, grilled baked potatoes, potatoe salad, devilled eggs, baked beans (2 different kinds), pasta salad, ice cold beer and sodas....
Mz's O.O   Mz's Downtimes   Story Ideas  Open for a few new rps. PM me.

Rhapsody

Today, not much.  Just some burgers and milkshakes (God, I love my new blender).  But yesterday I went and slow-roasted pork shoulder roast (in the oven, floating in a marinade cooking broth of  water, Worchestershire, diced onions, garlic powder and smattering of savory), mashed potatoes, turnip, corn, peas, gravy, and Pillsbury turnovers (apple AND blueberry flavors) for dessert. 
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Bloody Paramour

MARBLE ICING BIRTHDAY CAKE!
two layers of rich moist chocolate cake, middle striped and marbled icing of Chocolate and cream cheese icing then topped and smoothed marble textured Chocolate and cream cheese icing

i dunno whats for dinner, but hell i want steak ><
"I use big words. Like......erection"-Me <3
"in a sexual conversation, Duct ape is considered a double negative ♥ "

Josietta

Tonights dinner:

Chicken Cordon Bleu w/Brussel Sprouts

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Will

I still distrust brussel sprouts on GP... but that looks delicious.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Bliss

I <3 brussels sprouts!

But tonight I have a glass of wine, a chocolate bunny, and fritos. Also some hot dogs, in case I want to satisfy a craving for meat group.
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Moonhare

Let's see.

Today menu for lunch was spicy eggplant stir-fry with pork and portabella mushrooms with steamed rice. Of course to cool the tongue, there is the frozen chocolates for after.

Tonight's menu includes; Pork and Leek pot-stickers with sweet soy sauce, teriyaki glazed shrimp (which I don't eat, but apparently make very well), steamed rice. Dessert was fat free chocolate fudge ice cream with pomegranate dark chocolate on top and watermelon (Again something I can't have, but I pick good ones by sound alone)

Josietta

That is bacon and brusselsprouts :P *runs off for hte night*

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas