[Closed--PCs chosen] Changeling the Dreaming: Duchy of Storms [System][BON]

Started by Blythe, February 05, 2018, 05:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wander

Righto, it's only fair that those who've shown interest should get in before me, so I'll sit out for now.

Marie Reynolds

Blythe

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 15, 2018, 06:38:07 PM
Hey Blythe may I pm you to discuss some things?

Sure, though I am slow to respond to PMs at the moment, but will try to get to them as I'm able.

Marie Reynolds

So When I post my sheet Ill be short 3 points in skills cause I am not sure how to edit the formatting for skills to add Professional skills when I post the sheet could someone help me add that skill.

marauder13

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on February 15, 2018, 07:50:07 PM
So When I post my sheet Ill be short 3 points in skills cause I am not sure how to edit the formatting for skills to add Professional skills when I post the sheet could someone help me add that skill.

My personal recommendation would be to add the professional abilities at the bottom of the column most appropriate. In the main rule book, the professional talent/skill/knowledge is the last one, so appending them to the end of the core list of abilities would be how I would do it if I had any.

Copy the entire last line of the abilities code, and paste it to the bottom how ever many times you need to, blank out the repeated abilities, and fill in the new ones, with the proper levels.

Again, that is how I would do it, but it is Bly's call to make as the ST.

Blythe

Marie Reynolds

Alright Ill do that after I put it in the forum again the coding has shifted around a bit do to the margins of the word document I am working out of.

Blythe

Updating table~

NameConceptSheet SubmittedPMed with Feedback?
Marie ReynoldsAutumn SidheNN
HairyHereticSeelie TrollNN
NadirPookaNN
SparrowhawkeUnseelie SlaughYY
TheLaughingOneSeelie PookaYY
EobelleUnseelie Sidhe (Arcadian)YY
ThorneClurichaunNN
marauder13Unseelie RedcapY N
MuseSeelie TrollY (will help player convert to BBCode)N

Interested, but no concept mentioned:
- Pumpkin Seeds

M13 and Muse, you'll get PMs within the next 24 hours or so from me, and thank you both so much for your patience. :)

HairyHeretic

It looks like you have more than enough players already, and since I haven't even got started on a sheet yet, I think I'll bow out from this one.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Blythe

Sorry to see you go, HH, but thank you for your interest nonetheless! Perhaps we will meet again in another game! ^^

Am working on sheet feedback still--am currently working on that as I type. Am hoping to get Muse's and M13's PMs out tonight.

Nadir

TheLaughingOne

hheee!!! Gonna have pack of wild canine pooka (and actual dog dog) running around sewing chaos through the town!

"COMMENCE RABBLE ROUSING! TARGETS MUST BE EFFECTIVELY TERRORIZED! BREAK STUFF! PUT SPOONS, KNIVES, AND FORKS IN WRONG DRAWERS! DONT USE COASTERS!"

EVISCERATE PROLETARIAT!!!

"Wait... What?!"

... I miss that webcomic. It had the perfect means of fighting monsters under the bed!

The TESLAMP!

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Blythe

NameConceptSheet SubmittedPMed with Feedback?
Marie ReynoldsAutumn SidheNN
NadirPookaNN
SparrowhawkeUnseelie SlaughYY
TheLaughingOneSeelie PookaYY
EobelleUnseelie Sidhe (Arcadian)YY
ThorneClurichaunNN
marauder13Unseelie RedcapY Y
MuseSeelie TrollY (BBCoded sheet sent to player)Y

Interested, but no concept mentioned:
- Pumpkin Seeds

Initial feedback has been sent out to everyone that needed it. I owe PM replies to TheLaughingOne and Eobelle in that regard, and I hope to have those out either later tonight or tomorrow, but everyone got at least one initial feedback PM from me that submitted a sheet. :)

Blythe

marauder13

Quote from: TheLaughingOne on February 16, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
hheee!!! Gonna have pack of wild canine pooka (and actual dog dog) running around sewing chaos through the town!

And a Redcap with a thick, rolled up newspaper. 'Cause you never can be too sure.

Blythe

A question for everyone: What erotic content rating are you most comfortable with/do you most enjoy?

- Light
- Bondage
- NC
- EX

This somewhat affects some PC stuff, so it would help me to know what people are okay with. There's no wrong answer to this question. (No matter what rating I ultimately select, I'll still be keeping sexual content to it's own side-thread so it never becomes the main focus of the game & will require people tag more intense kinks accordingly. No matter what section is picked, no one's ever going to be asked to write anything outside their comfort zone or read sexual content they don't like)

Personally, from a GM standpoint, I have been writing a lot of darker material lately, and I was rather hoping to keep this set in Bondage - Exotic for less dark adult material, but I also am willing to compromise on that depending on player interests. I am fairly well-known to write anything from L to EX, so it's not a huge deal for me.

marauder13

When I joined, I saw the big "[BON]" in the subject line, so my expectations were that it would be a BON level game. So, if you want to keep it at that level, I am fine with that. It would make for a nice change in 'environment' for me, as most of my games are in the darker range of the spectrum.

So, to clarify, I cast me 'vote' for Bondage.

Sparrowhawke

Well, uh, you know me and where my tastes lie, Bly - but I agree with marauder on this one, if you wanna keep it lighter that is fine with me. Quinn was very much written with a more [BON] or lower idea set in mind. Not even entirely sure they're that interested in that. My main focus here is on FAIRIES

TheLaughingOne

My Ons and Offs!

You! On our wavelength! Carry our message, its heavy! Made of rocks!! Apocolypso dancing! SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY! You'll want to cut your wrists with the whole knife, but you'll only need the edge!

Esoterrorist

Tsk, of course I'd come back too late to get in on this. Woe betide my idea for an Unseelie Boggan. If it's okay I may make them and submit them even if they have no chance of making it. If not I don't want to waste your time. You've gotten plenty of interest.
Sloppy toppy for papi, I leave sloppy Joe shook - I only call you Captain because your dick off the hook!

Eobelle

I'm an [EX] girl, myself, but I think I have got a bead on her personality and wants/hopes/dreams to a good enough scope that I can play her at any level.  Arwen would be very fun cranked up to 11... So I'd vote for [EX]; but regardless, I'm really excited to play.

Blythe

Quote from: Esoterrorist on February 17, 2018, 02:27:36 AM
Tsk, of course I'd come back too late to get in on this. Woe betide my idea for an Unseelie Boggan. If it's okay I may make them and submit them even if they have no chance of making it. If not I don't want to waste your time. You've gotten plenty of interest.

The deadline for first drafts of character sheets is in two days; I'm still accepting the first round of applications until then, so there's still time for a person to toss something in. I have not made any final player selections yet.

While I do indeed have a lot of interest, I certainly don't mind seeing what you've come up with. :)

TheLaughingOne

(Titled Angry Dad Fight: By MelUran!)

IM EXCITED!! She did a ton of art for the 20th anniversery, and i might be able to get a little character card commission!!! Provided i Dibbed quickly enough... So very much hope i did...
My Ons and Offs!

Marie Reynolds

I plan to have something up today.

Bondage Would be Ideal for me.

Nadir

Name:    CorrinPlayer: Nadir
Chronicle:   The Duchy of StormsMotley: ---
Court:   UnseelieSeeming: Childling
Legacies:   Beast/Wayfarer   Kith: Pooka
House:   ? ? ?   EXP Spent: 0 EXP

Physical       Social       Mental
Strength:   ●●○○○Charisma: ●●●○○   Perception:●●●●○
Dexterity:   ●●●○○Manipulation: ●●●●○   Intelligence:●○○○○
Stamina:   ●●●○○   Appearance: ●●●○○   Wits:●○○○○
Specialties - Puppy-eyes for Manipulation, scent-sational for Perception [I don't have it yet but potential Stamina specialty; dogged]

Talents       Skills       Knowledges
Alertness:   ●●●●○Animal Ken: ●●○○○   Academics:○○○○○
Athletics:   ●○○○○Crafts: ○○○○○   Computer:○○○○○
Brawl:   ●●○○○   Drive: ○○○○○   Enigmas:●○○○○
Empathy:   ●●●●○   Etiquette: ○○○○○   Gremayre:●○○○○
Expression:   ○○○○○   Firearms: ○○○○○   Investigation:●●○○○
Intimidation:   ○○○○○   Larceny: ●●●●○   Law:○○○○○
Kenning:   ●●●○○   Melee: ●○○○○   Medicine:○○○○○
Leadership:   ○○○○○   Performance: ○○○○○   Politics:○○○○○
Streetwise:   ○○○○○   Stealth: ●●●●○   Science:○○○○○
Subterfuge:   ●●●●○   Survival: ○○○○○   Technology:●○○○○

Specialties - 'Poof!'-ka for stealth, Hungry like the wolf for Alertness (triggers when hungry or listening to duran-duran), (?)Empathy, Sleight of paw for Larceny, (?)Subterfuge

Backgrounds       Arts       Realms
Chimeraical Item (or treasure?):   ●●●●●Skycraft: ●○○○○   Actor:●●●○○
? ? ?:   ○○○○○Primal: ●○○○○   Fae:○○○○○
? ? ?:   ○○○○○   Metamorphosis: ●○○○○   Prop:●○○○○
? ? ?:   ○○○○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Scene:○○○○○
? ? ?:   ○○○○○   ? ? ?: ○○○○○   Time:●○○○○

Glamour:   ●●●●● ○○○○○Willpower: ●●●●○ ○○○○○   Nightmare:○○○○○ ○○○○○Banality:●●●○○ ○○○○○

Birthright:

Shapechanging — All pooka have an affinity with a particular animal. This is always a natural animal, never a mythological one. This animal affects her appearance and personality, and she is able to shapeshift into the animal at will. If completely alone, a pooka can shapechange for free, but if another changeling or enchanted mortal is present the change costs one Glamour. A pooka can never shift into an animal when being observed by a mundane mortal. Shifting back from animal form is always free and can be done at any time (again, as long as the pooka is unobserved by mortal eyes).

Confidante — Even complete strangers often spill their guts to a pooka. This ability of getting people to open up and talk, even about their darkest secrets, is an innate talent common to all pooka. Each has his own way of going about it, but the end result is the same. Some put people off balance with mixed insults and compliments, others rapid fire questions so fast that the target loses track of what is being said, and some are just so darned cute that no one can resist them. Once, during a conversation, a pooka’s player may make an opposed Perception + Empathy (or Subterfuge, player’s choice) roll resisted by the target’s Willpower, to get the answer to a question. The number of successes determines how many questions the pooka can have answered. The target can also spend Willpower to resist this effect; each point of Willpower cancels one of the pooka’s successes.

Frailty:

Untruths: Perhaps the greatest con the pooka have pulled is making everyone believe that they never tell the truth. Under most circumstances a pooka can speak the truth as long as its mixed with lies, half-truths, and exaggerations. The trouble comes when a pooka is asked a direct question. A pooka who is asked a direct question must answer with a falsehood. If he wishes to answer truthfully the player must make a Willpower roll (difficulty 8).

Antithesis:

Health:
RealLevel Chimerical
[ ]Bruised[ ]
[ ]Hurt (-1)[ ]
[ ]Injured (-1)[ ]
[ ]Wounded (-2)[ ]
[ ]Mauled (-2)[ ]
[ ]Crippled (-5)[ ]
[ ]Incapacitated[ ]

Merits & Flaws

Merits
- Living Legend / 5pt/ You are the living, breathing incarnation of a great hero or heroine; this does not have to be an actual, historical figure, but can be a character from mythology or even a figure from more contemporary fiction. Note that you are an incarnation, not a reincarnation. You are the embodiment of an individual legend. Your fae mien matches your heritage perfectly. Any Kithain with even the slightest knowledge of the original tale will recognize you immediately, and you are likely to attract a great deal of attention from the cultures that give birth to the legend. When people recognize you, the difficulty of your social rolls reduces by two. You gain access to one of your ancestor’s Attribute or Ability ratings once per chapter. At the Storyteller’s discretion, this Merit may also allow you to have knowledge of, if not access to, certain chimera or Treasures related to your legend. Your appearance and your memories may make it hard to get along unnoticed in ordinary society. It can also be very hard to live up to what is expected of you.

Flaws
- Amnesia / 2pt / Your life is a blank slate. However, your shadowy past may someday come back to haunt you, and the Storyteller is under no obligation to be merciful.
- Wyrd Mind / 2pt / Your mind is extremely chaotic and unpredictable. As a result, you have difficulty concentrating on any one task. You must make a Willpower roll (difficulty 4) for every extended action roll after the second.
- Dangerous Mentor / 1pt / Your mentor is lost to Bedlam, or engages in acts that could cause a tremendous uproar. Any wrong committed by your mentor may affect your reputation, and some of your mentor’s dangerous schemes may somehow involve you.

Item/Treasure

A talking skull cause it’s cool

Personality: Corrin is a bold, outgoing creature with a habit of getting into trouble. He is rarely malicious but can easily be thoughtless, his attention waning quickly from one distraction to the next.

History: Amnesia has stolen away a lot of Corrin’s past, anything Pre-Chrysalis little more than a distorted confusion of emotion and noise. For Corrin, his life began a few years ago under his strange mentor, learning an eclectic mess of knowledge as his mentor lost himself to Bedlam. Perhaps it was his mentor’s game all along or maybe it was just plain luck, but most of what Corrin learned was how to read those around him, manipulate them and achieve what he desired without anyone knowing that they danced to his tune.

In his human life, he works as a barista for a cat cafe. In his fae life he is known to be the incarnation of [open to ideas, though I kindda like the idea of Set. Can look for something less extra though!] and has acquired (aka, stolen) an artifact that he remembers from his life before. Not from before his Chrysalis, but before all of it. He is extremely fond of it, and treasures it above all else - though he’s not about to tell it that, or else it may get a bloated ego.

Dot spending:
>Childling +1 dot to Glamour
>7social/5physical/3mental
>13talents/9skill/5knowledges
>15 freebie points: -2 (1alertness), 13-2 (1empathy), 11-2(1 stealth), 9-2(Larceny) 7-6(3Subderfuge) 1-1 (1willpower)