Boku no Hero Academia (freeform/anime)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, October 15, 2017, 08:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

Is this still taking apps? I'm interested but I can't quite settle on a quirk. I"m tempted to go full blown psychokinesis (or just pyrokinetic) with my char Kana.  Or even a char with a "megaman" like quirk that allows her to temporarily copy others powers by touch

FarFetched

I do believe we are! For powers, Just roll the randomizer, see what you get and balance/characterize the result!

Snake

Juggtacular

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, just click and see what you get. If it's really weird power or too much OP (speak reality bender tier stuff), then re-roll again :).

Snake

Ah ok. I rolled one that was like "Particle beams" basically and I know that's planet-annihilating stuff.

FarFetched

Haha yeah, some of them are like that. You can also dial planetkilling ones back a bit for something lesser. For example, particle beam creation actually has a lesser, humorous canon quirk called naval laser, used by the hero-in-training: "I can't stop twinkling".

Snake

Ok I got one I can definitely live with : Demon Mode. I have a char already made just with that in mind :3 using demonic powers to do good?

I guess it'd be a "mutant" type of quirk? Or something hidden in the family lineage from ages ago XD. Perhaps starting as an anti-hero since they can't fully control it yet and lean toward darker actions?

FarFetched

As a general rule, a quirk is 'mutative' if the person is constantly with non-human features (like my character Lily and her scary mouth) and 'transformative' if they can temporarily transform themselves (like with Alfreid's werewolf quirk and Lionel's immobility quirk.)

Snake

This one is sort of like transformative then since the char's appearance and all alter themselves to..well be more demonic in nature. Gaining the deflective aura, the physical powerups and probably the ability to fire dark-energy lasers or something XD. It's a pretty broad suite of powers.

FarFetched

Quote from: Snake on November 03, 2017, 02:04:42 PM
This one is sort of like transformative and a emitter I believe?  Since his physical aspect changes when he uses it.
Yep- that would count as transformative. Technically "transformative hybrid" but at this point I'm just splitting hairs.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, mutant or transform/composite would fit for demon mode quirk. Mutant is 'always on' and thus give monstrous features constantly active but have minimal to no effect on people outside you. Transforming ones can allow some stuff which affects others with limitations (like touch) but you eventually wear out and tap out (takes long though). Emitter is to 'trigger and activate it' and can include ranged or broad attacks but have stricter in regards how much or how long you can maintain demon mode.

So if you want able conjure demonic weapons or fire demonic fire blasts, go emitter. If want transform into demon who has some supernatural powers (less ranged blasts and more utility like teleporting then go transform) or as mutant have just raw physical form of demon and prowess/speed of a demon. It can be mix of transform and mutant to have some powers with limit (like teleporting around makes you tired or has other drawbacks).

Edit; FarFetched indeed is correct, it can be transform/hybrid (either to emitter or mutant direction in regards as hybrid). Mutant gives demonic appearance 24/7 (along lots passive buffs/abilities and able boost them temporally) while Emitter gives more flashy powers while transformed.

Snake

Here we go; now it may need some work but her history explains a lot about why she has such strange On's and counts everything else as an "OFF" sexually. And I don't want to seem like I"m making light of a very serious issue; but this is the history I've actually RPed with this character elsewhere and developed it as such. Now I an open to alter it but I'd like it to at least be onsimilar lines.

---

Name/Super Hero Name: Akame Takai (no hero name yet)
Age/Gender/Nationality: 16/Female/Japanese
Description of Hero Outfit (or pic): Doesn't have one; doesn't feel need to.
Personality (1-2 paragraph minimum): Akame tries to do what she thinks is right; but she also has a "damn the collateral" approach to solving problems. She'll relentlessly pursue a villain, but the longer she fights someone; the more vicious and brutal she becomes. She has a sadistic and cruel streak in her that bubbles up when she's fighting. Otherwise she tries to downplay it and attempts to be more or less normal.

However, she likes to fight; she sees it as the answer to most of her problems and a good way to vent her frustations. Akame also displays the signs of sociopathy and even mild psychosis as a side effect of her quirk. Other than that; she IS in fact loyal to anyone she calls a friend and her family, which allows her to maintain a healthy personality and maintain her mental stability. She knows others may need her to stay lucid and focused.
Quirk: Demon Mode (Transformative/Hybrid-Emitter)
PC's casual Ons: Fighting, Physical Training, Video Games, Spicy food
PC's casual Offs: "Feminism" as the political aspect, Coffee, Holy people in general, Bullies, Criminals (though Pedophiles always make her ignore her restrictions as a "hero" and she'll attack them viciously)
PC's sexual Ons: Sadism, humiliation (of others), Control
PC's sexual Offs: All except listed above
Background: Akame is from an extremely powerful family in Japan, her mother is heavily invested in and influences many people of power in both government and mercantile aspects. While her father is a sort of "Fixer" for the Yakuza; he cleans up the messes others make and often times acts with full legal permission. Why is this? Because not only is HE an extremely talented martial artist with the physical training to flat out crush most people. But her older siblings are all martial artists as well of extreme calibur. They're all trained from the second they can walk in at least three styles of their choosing, as well being made to pursue a mundane interest.

But when Akame was about 13, she was abducted while her father was out of town. She was held captive for a week and suffered almost constant sexual abuse. That was until her old man showed up and pretty much turned everyone responsible into thin red paste; after which she shadowed him. Her father teaching her all he knew about fighting and protecting oneself; but also teaching her that it was ok to take one's fears and anger out on people that deserved to know what those were. For a long time she was a terror; getting into fights at the drop of a hat. It wasn't until she activated her quirk for the first time and savagely beat a pedophile she caught nearly to death, leaving the man a quadraplegic and living on an IV drip for the rest of his life that she was forced into psychological counseling.

When they realized it was a side effect of her quirk; she was sent to Valenica Academy by court order, at least that way she could learn to use it in a more beneficial way than she had before.

Zaer Darkwail

The personality and background is okay for me, also the pic of her is mature (19 year old Velvet Crowe, pics depicted age had been brief issue for some chars in the game). Anyways approved :)

FarFetched

Also One thing of note, canon-wise, the yakuza has been almost entirely wiped out by the hero association.  up to you wether it'd apply to your character.

Arcanist

Welcome Snake!
Starts to joke with “A Balrog and a Succubus walks into a bar and......”
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, Yakuza or any criminal organizations have been wiped out entirely. Only exception being handful villains here and there who had formed smaller groups which act more subtle sort crimes (like blackmails, loan sharking, gambling etc). Some quirks can make some organizations powerful (like quirk which forces people not speak about specific subject in specific area). So either through elimination or evolution the traditional Yakuza organization had died out. However it's not that too far ago that there would not be Yakuza ancestors; think that during grandfather times Yakuzas were still active and grandfather having been one fixers (and is without a quirk likely and had retired being active Yakuza just before heroes became common).

Snake

Her father is as physically powerful, his quirk is "god's strength" basically. He's too powerful to mess with alone. Now, with the Yakuza gone; her father is "retired". As per an agreement (Because he doesn't listen to anyone other than his wife and kids); As long as he doesn't attack the heroes, they leave him alone. Her mother has a quirk that allows her to easily influence most people through a combination of natural charm/beauty and subtle mental suggestions (which is her quirk) basically she knows how to control people without them consciously aware of it; but she's not a villian she uses it simply make her way in life as she needs to.

@ Arcanist: You're more right than you realize with that as it applies to her parents....

Zaer Darkwail

Anyways Snake, post your char in charsheet thread and say hello in OOC thread. I made just now IC post which includes sort introduction for your char join with rest of the cast. Because basically forced into academy by local law force, you basically skip all the exams. Anyways okay that your father was already retired from Yakuza as they were felled down and he was left alone despite past criminal record.

Snake

That works for me, as long as the name itself still has weight as someone you don't mess with.

And not really forced, but it was sort of a deal "go here and we will expunge it from your record and it'll count as your psychological treatment." She could've opted not to but she'd likely have the heroes after her later, so it was a good deal. But it's very coerced in a way.

Steir

I've held off on this, but looks too interesting to pass up. Managed to get this power from random power generator.

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Empathic_Electricity_Manipulation

Now I'm contemplating on whether to make a male or female character with this.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, up to you in gender wise but what I can recall men are minority atm (more females in cast overall). However char would be staff member (or a student if you finish sheet less than a day from now).

Steir

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on November 09, 2017, 02:17:21 AM
Well, up to you in gender wise but what I can recall men are minority atm (more females in cast overall). However char would be staff member (or a student if you finish sheet less than a day from now).
Hmm... I might not be able to make it in time for that. Will be on a trip tomorrow and weekends are somehow busy on my end. I'll be able to turn in a character by late Sunday on your time. Fortunately we have some holidays going on next week, should give me time to make that character and catch up.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, make char with basis that he (or she) will be staff member in the school. As by then next week is very hard to add new students in.

Ty

As a fan of the series (watching not reading) am I curious about this game. Any notable character types missing or gaps needing filling? Or anything else to ponder when chewing on character ideas?