The Misfits: The Trappy Adventurers (D&D 5e)

Started by Argent Adonis, April 16, 2017, 03:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argent Adonis

This is a D&D 5e campaign that is meant to have a (mostly) lighthearted anime-ish tone to it, featuring a core cast of trappy males (token futa/shemale/cunboy/female or two also welcome).  To begin with, at least, the adventure designs will be fairly simplistic - explore dungeon, help a village, getting into trouble, etc... nothing mind-blowing and just having fun with group dynamics and utilising the system.

The Basic Idea
You're down on your luck; you're fresh off the farm, or maybe you just got robbed of all your belongings.  It isn't easy to start out as an adventurer when most adventuring groups are looking for a muscle-bound idiot or a non-newbie wizard who can incinerate hordes with a word and snap of their fingers.  Worse: you're broke - most groups are even going to give a swordman without a sword a second look, and the gods certainly won't heed your prayers without that holy symbol, no matter how devout you may be.  Fortunately, there seems to be some others like you and a support group is always nice, though you still can't hope to go adventuring with your new friends.

What you need is some luck.  And fate would provide.  Gathering with your friends on a night like any other to discuss your hopes and dreams, your little group is summoned by a servant to ye olde dark corner of the tavern by a servant, where a hooded figure awaits.  Cael Hyscrown is a young nobleman of a formerly high standing noble family who fell into hard times when he was born and it was revealed that fiendish ancestry lurked there.  Now the only member of his family left, the tiefling nobleman is determined to lift his estates back to their former grandeur, if not by prestige,  then by power and wealth.

Unable to recruit an adventuring company that wants to have anything to do with the fallen Hyscrowns, he's setting his hopes on your group, whom he is willing to put the last of his money on outfitting so that they can help each other.

So the group will have a patron from the outset who sponsors their initial trips and forays.  Alongside the 'core group', I'm also tentatively considering the possibility of allowing for someone to play as Hyscrown's servant who starts at a slightly higher level and a magic item or two, but lower ability scores.  The role of the servant will be to serve as a point of contact when the group is on adventures and keep them out of (or get them into) trouble.

As can be expected of a game of this setup; flirtations, naughtiness, risque adventures (and misadventures) abound, though I'm also hoping to insert more traditional and 'serious' plots between.

Core Character Build

• Gender: 3-4 male traps.  Also room for 1-2 futa/shemale/cuntboy/female characters.
  • Ability Scores: Points-buy with 27 pts.
  • Races:
    Core Races
    As per anime-inspired fantasy, most races will be very humanised (e.g. rather than Dragonborn, think Dragongirl/boy, ect...), thought mechanically, they will remain the same.

If you have a non-core race in mind, let me know.
  • Starting Level: 1st.
  • Alignment: Non-evil.
  • Wealth & Equipment: Acquired from the options allowed by your race, class, and background.  Characters will begin with a pair of common clothes and then acquire their chosen options shortly after the start of the story.

'Servant' Character Build

• Ability Scores: Points-buy with 23 pts.
  • Races:
    Core Races
    As per anime-inspired fantasy, most races will be very humanised (e.g. rather than Dragonborn, think Dragongirl/boy, ect...), thought mechanically, they will remain the same.
  • Starting Level: 3rd.
  • Alignment: Non-evil.
  • Wealth & Equipment: To be discussed with GM.

You can use Mythweavers or put details up here or some other link.  A little bit about your character would also be good.  Final choices are not on a first come first served basis.
Ons & Offs: F-List | Visual Aid (updated 09.04.17)

Argent Adonis' RP Request Thread

Chulanowa

My interest is piqued. Currently leaning towards a female or futa though, since - strangely - I got no handy trap images. Lots of cute males, but none that could actually pass as female. Huh.

Sain

I'm also interested, though in playing a trap. Probably healing focused cleric or druid :-)
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Kathyan

I'm not too much interested in playing as a trap but playing against one I do like, so I would join as a female too, to fit better I was thinking a flat chested or tomboyish gal, considering a wild sorcerer if you would like to twitch the wild surge table for wilder sexier results (temporary breast growth for example) ^^

Izaya Orihara

Hmm...

I don't usually do system games, though I may be tempted to join regardless, since the premise is the sort of thing I'd be interested in. Pretty much all the characters I've done over the past few years have been traps, so that should probably give you a hint as to why.

Two of my favourite appearances at the moment, in regards to trap characters in Fantasy settings would be Astolfo (for a a trap knight/paladin), or Felix Argyle for something like a catboy mage. Though I've also used others in the past, I tend to gravitate towards using character appearances where there are plenty of images to work with (usually compiled into an image gallery somewhere).
Well, if I had to give a reason for my actions, I guess it's because I love people. I guess I wanted to see the faces that mankind has to offer.

Sain

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on April 16, 2017, 12:36:24 PM
Hmm...

I don't usually do system games, though I may be tempted to join regardless, since the premise is the sort of thing I'd be interested in. Pretty much all the characters I've done over the past few years have been traps, so that should probably give you a hint as to why.

Two of my favourite appearances at the moment, in regards to trap characters in Fantasy settings would be Astolfo (for a a trap knight/paladin), or Felix Argyle for something like a catboy mage. Though I've also used others in the past, I tend to gravitate towards using character appearances where there are plenty of images to work with (usually compiled into an image gallery somewhere).

D&D 5th is super easy so it should be fine.

I was thinking of a very Peruvian/South American mountain people inspired cleric/shaman. Someone un-corrupted by whatever goes down in the lowlands.

A SFW crop of the character

pdragon

I'd be interested in giving this a shot, though I'd have to relearn 5e (I'm familiar with 4 and 3.5 but I've only played one game of 5). Would probably be a monk of some kind.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

RedPhoenix

I'm curious but have to ask why is the core cast trappy males? I don't have a problem with that I'm just wondering is there something about the plot that requires it? How will the society the game is in see trappy males? Are the characters meant to be purposefully trappy or sort of trappy despite their best efforts? Knowing this stuff will help me know if I'm interested or not. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Chulanowa

I'unno. Ancient prophecy? Cultural idiosyncrasy? Something in the well water? Science experiment by Flumphs to make the world a nicer place?

pdragon

The cast is all traps for the same reason the cast is all men in a yaoi game, or why the cast are all anthropomorphic animals in a furry game, or why the cast are all ladies with dicks in a futanari game, or why the cast are all regular straight people in a game that's not LGBT friendly. That's the gimmick/kink being serviced in the game. 

As far as the plot it seemed pretty clear why, all the local traps have formed a support group because they're all too poor and "unappealing" physique wise to find a "normal" group of adventurers to tag along with. And then by luck (as far as they would know at the time) they managed to come under a benefactor who's willing to equip them so they can finally start their adventuring careers. I don't think there was supposed to be anything deeper to it than that, at least not when it comes to their trap nature specifically.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Argent Adonis

More interest than I expected!  Welcome all!

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 16, 2017, 10:57:55 AMMy interest is piqued. Currently leaning towards a female or futa though, since - strangely - I got no handy trap images. Lots of cute males, but none that could actually pass as female. Huh.
Cute males work fine by me, but all according to what you feel will work Chul!

Quote from: Kathyan on April 16, 2017, 11:14:33 AMI'm not too much interested in playing as a trap but playing against one I do like, so I would join as a female too, to fit better I was thinking a flat chested or tomboyish gal, considering a wild sorcerer if you would like to twitch the wild surge table for wilder sexier results (temporary breast growth for example) ^^
I'll see if something can be whipped up in that regards ;D

Quote from: Izaya Orihara on April 16, 2017, 12:36:24 PMHmm...

As Sain points out, 5e is among the easier ones to get to grips with, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, and help is always one PM away.  I'll certainly look forward to whatever you come up with!

Quote from: Sain on April 16, 2017, 01:19:02 PMD&D 5th is super easy so it should be fine.

I was thinking of a very Peruvian/South American mountain people inspired cleric/shaman. Someone un-corrupted by whatever goes down in the lowlands.

A SFW crop of the character
Seems like there's at least one healer in the making, lol.  That said, the other image you PMed was also awesome!

Quote from: pdragon on April 16, 2017, 05:28:02 PMI'd be interested in giving this a shot, though I'd have to relearn 5e (I'm familiar with 4 and 3.5 but I've only played one game of 5). Would probably be a monk of some kind.
If you feel you need help, feel free to ask pdragon.

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 16, 2017, 11:53:15 PMI'm curious but have to ask why is the core cast trappy males? I don't have a problem with that I'm just wondering is there something about the plot that requires it? How will the society the game is in see trappy males? Are the characters meant to be purposefully trappy or sort of trappy despite their best efforts? Knowing this stuff will help me know if I'm interested or not. :)
The honest-to-goodness answer?  All the games I'm currently involved in are hetero in their content, and my sense of desire wished to right the balance by indulging in my love of traps.

The world the game will feature in, sees this particular group as the exception rather than the rule, but also its a chance to indulge in this particular niche that I rarely get to see.

RedPhoenix

Okay fair enough thanks for the response! :)

So would something like a cute, pretty, barbarian boy from a far away, matriarchal tribe who dresses in what is considered female styles by the world at large work?

Wargtass

I'll throw in a brief post of interest here. Would love to give D&D5 another shot. I'll take a more thorough think-a-thon about it tomorrow.
O/O

Argent Adonis

Quote from: RedPhoenix on April 17, 2017, 09:56:30 PMOkay fair enough thanks for the response! :)

So would something like a cute, pretty, barbarian boy from a far away, matriarchal tribe who dresses in what is considered female styles by the world at large work?
I think it would be more than welcome.  Like I said, the theme is anime-based, and I'm sure we know there's been some wild concepts put out there when it comes to background material for characters.  A little logic can be waived aside for the sake of fun!

At any rate, I'll hope it makes it past the conceptual phase :-)

Quote from: Wargtass on April 18, 2017, 12:59:26 AMI'll throw in a brief post of interest here. Would love to give D&D5 another shot. I'll take a more thorough think-a-thon about it tomorrow.
Welcome Wargtass; hope to see it then!

Sain

The other pic is awesome too yes ;D Think I'll use him somewhere else though since he doesn't quite fit the concept I have in mind already. He feels more like a ranger, bard, or a rogue. I could play such a chara instead if this fluffy cleric is no good. Here is the short gist of the chara idea and the sheet. I dunno what to put in languages or bond since I'd like to tailor those to fit the setting and the plot. The background I have in mind is pretty flexible so changing and adding details is no problem.

Andrea Apaza - Novice Shaman from Papalua

This pure ball of fluff rolled down from the highlands of Papalua, from a secluded village of peaceful Aasimar lama farmers located on cliffs far above all worldly worries. Andrea meant to escape the simple life of village healer that was laid out for him by the elders. It wasn't for him, it never would be. Although he felt really guilty for it, he knew that it was not fair to stay hidden up there and restrict himself to a single village. There were others who needed his gifts more than the people of Papalua. Before departing a good friend told Andrea that perhaps if he really wanted to make a change and help others he should aim to become an adventurer. After all, there is no other profession where one gets to travel as much and get as many opportunities to help others. Andrea agreed. He would become an adventurer.

Unfortunately he was not prepared for the craftiness of the lowland dwellers. He did not doubt that others would ask of him anything if they didn't really need it and ended up being tricked out of nearly all his possessions the very day he arrived in the first big city. The people on Papalua would never have even thought of attempting something so heinous! Poor Andrea could no longer pray for Pelor to grant him boons or heal the injured. Maybe if he showed skill with herbs they would let him join a party. He scraped together some few herbs from his pocket, various backyards, and the safe bushes outside the city, but why would anyone accept herbal medicine when divine healing was much better?

Lucky for Andrea there were others like him and a mysterious benefactor ready to step in and kick-start their adventuring careers.

RedPhoenix

Sent in my idea. We'll see how it goes. ^_^

Argent Adonis

So far, I think everything looks good from Sain and RedPhoenix!

To summarise, thus far we seem to have:

Chulanowa - (pending)
Izaya Orihara - Human Paladin or Catfolk/Tabaxi Wizard (potentially)
Kathyan - Female Sorcerer (potentially)
pdragon - Tiefling Monk (potentially)
RedPhoenix - Human Barbarian
Sain - Human Cleric
Wargtass - (pending)

Wargtass

I'm still debating my options at this point. Tiefling Bard or Rogue seems like the more likely choices at the moment but Dragonborn Fighter has a nice ring to it as well. *sigh* Life is hard when you are indecisive.  ;D

I'd rather play against traps than as, but in the end I can be flexible about it. I'll make a decision at some point... hopefully.
O/O

RedPhoenix

Hey all Argent said I could go ahead and post this! :D

My Trappy Barbarian
Ye'me (pronounced "yummy")

Race: Human (Variant)
Character Level: 1
Classes: Barbarian 1
Proficiency Bonus: +2
Background: Courtier
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Elven, Draconic

Orientation: It's Complicated
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 145 lbs

Armor Class: 14
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30'
Passive Perception: 10
Max Hit Points: 15
Hit Dice: 1 - d12

Attributes
ScoreBonusProf.Total Save
STR: 16+3+2+5(Advantage while raging)
DEX: 12+1+1
CON: 16+3+2+5
INT: 8-1-1
WIS: 1000
CHA: 12+1+1

Skills
SkillAttributeAtt. BonusProf BonusTotal
AthleticsSTR+3+2+5(Advantage while Raging)
AcrobaticsDEX+1+2+3
Sleight of HandDEX+1+1
StealthDEX+1+1
ArcanaINT-1-1
HistoryINT-1-1
InvestigationINT-1-1
NatureINT-1-1
ReligionINT-1-1
Animal HandlingWIS00
InsightWIS0+2+2
MedicineWIS00
PerceptionWIS000
SurvivalWIS0+2+2
DeceptionCHA+1+1
IntimidationCHA+1+1
PerformanceCHA+1+1
PersuasionCHA+1+2+3

Tool Proficiencies: None

Weapon Proficiencies: Simple Weapons, Martial Weapons

Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor, Medium Armor, Shields

Features

Background - Court Functionary
- You have knowledge of how bureaucracies function and you can gain access to the records and inner workings of any noble court or government you encounter. You know who the movers and shakers are, whom to go to for favors you seek, and what the current intrigues of interest in the group are.

Feat - Tavern Brawler (Variant Human)
- Strength increases by 1
- Proficient with Improvised Weapons
- Unarmed Strike uses d4 for damage
- When you hit with an unarmed strike or improvised weapon you can use a bonus action to attempt a grapple

Rage
- On your turn you can enter Rage as a bonus action
- While raging you have advantage on Str checks and saving throws
- When meaking a melee weapon attack using strength gain bonus Rage Damage (+2)
- Resistance to Bludgeoning, Piercing, and Slashing damage
- Cannot cast spells or concentrate on them
- Ends if ko'd, or you don't attack or take damage for a round, or as a bonus action
- Can Rage 2/Day, recharges on long rest

Unarmored Defense
- While unarmored AC is 10+Dex+Con (may use a shield)

Equipment

5 gp

Set of Fine Clothes (Chainmail Bikini)

Warhammer
2 Handaxes
4 Javelins

Backpack
- Bedroll
- Mess Kit
- Tinderbox
- 10 Torches
- 10 Days of Rations
- Waterskin
- 50' Hemp Rope

Weapon Attacks

Weapon: Warhammer
Type: Melee, Bludgeoning, Versatile
Range: Melee
Atk Bonus: +5
Damage: 1d8 / 1d10 +3 (+5 while raging)

Weapon: Unarmed
Type: Melee, Bludgeoning
Range: Melee
Atk Bonus: +5
Damage: 1d4 +3 (+5 while raging)

Spells

Spellcasting Ability: (None)
Spell Save DC: N/A
Spell Attack Bonus: N/A

History
Ye'me is the only son of the great Callilia, conqueror of the northern tribes and warlord of the steppes. His mother is one of the most feared warriors in existence, and she brought many tribes of the north under the control of her amazons and so built a large nomadic group of a very matriarchal society. Among these Amazons, women are the warriors and the providers and men are the homemakers and the moral support. Most couples are lesbian, with a few attached men in servile roles. Men keep themselves pretty at all times and are tattooed in their early teens with what would look like makeup to most civilized folks to ensure they know their place. Men wear their hair long and keep it clean, and keep their bodies free of hair and any markings women don't approve of.

Callilia was disappointed that she had a son, as all of her other children were daughters, but she was not about to let the fact that she was the Khan give him any special treatment. In fact she was determined that he would be the ideal male. From a young age he was fed special herbs to keep him soft and pretty, and as a result instead of growing into a man he grew into a beautiful creature more female than male. His breasts grew in, if ever so slightly, and his manhood never grew into more than a young-boyhood and never ruined the front of his loincloth with an unsightly bulge.

As a male of noble birth Ye'me was expected to help keep the one permanent palace the nomads kept in court running as a courtesan. He would help resolve conflicts through stress relief, and would serve as a feminine vessel for the lusts of visiting foreign men, who were not allowed to touch amazon women. He became especially popular among the dwarves who said he was as pretty as an elf boy, and seemed to take joy in rather roughly showing him what they would to an elf boy if they caught one. In fact a visiting dwarf prince offered to tattoo his appreciation on Ye'me, which his mother accepted for him. To this day a large dwarf rune on each of Ye'me's buttcheeks proudly proclaims him to be an exceptional lay and the best provider of oral services in the realm, and invites all dwarves to partake. Thankfully for Ye'me the dialect of old dwarven used is tricky to read and most cannot decipher it. Still, it has led to some awkward moments.

Ye'me grew unhappy with his life as a distraction for male visitors and unhappy with the amount of days he had to lay in bed recovering from especially vigorous 'love' and started to dream of being a warrior like the amazon women. He found a wooden sword and started to train in secret. The women who discovered him laughed and encouraged it, telling him how cute he looked. He was even given a suit of traditional armor, though he lacked the breasts to fill it out, he found that having the weight on his chest helped him with the Amazon fighting techniques as most of them assumed the fighter had a set of counterweights jiggling around chest level. He got pretty good, so he thought, even though when women agreed to spar with him they always spanked him figuratively, and sometimes literally.

Finally he got up the nerve to ask his mother for permission to travel the lands as a warrior seeking his fame like she had. She adopted the same matronizing expression he'd seen many times before when he told women he wanted to be more than a palace pleasure toy and told him she would grant his wish but only if he pledged to follow the Amazon ways and keep his travels to the civilized world, as the dangerous steppe was no place for a man to try to be a warrior.

Before he left his mother had him tattooed with his family lineage on his lower back in order to remind him constantly of who he was, the symbol of the milk cow which was his totem animal to protect him, and a bright pink rose pattern just because she thought it was pretty. She had his makeup tattoos redone to be even more vivid as she didn't want him getting any ideas about trying to act like a civilized male. She told him she would be always watching. He believed her.

And so he went forth to adventure. Unfortunately he was naive to the ways of the 'civilized' world and was robbed blind by a beautiful con-artist the first day he was in town, who, thinking Ye'me was a woman, left him with only a simple white robe that fit him like a tight dress, rather embarrassed, and out of supplies.

Beliefs and Goals
Ye'me is struggling to find his place in the world. He is convinced that he can succeed as a warrior while being a proper man in the tradition of his tribe. He wishes to leave behind a life of being a pleasure toy for others and find his own path in life. He is determined, though his courage falters at times, and he deeply respects his tribal traditions and would be mortified at the idea of behaving in the awful way that 'civilized' men do.

Physical Description
Ye'me is a very pretty boy. His long red hair is always perfectly kept, often braided or up in pigtails. His face shows the tattooed red lips and dark eyes of the men of his tribe, and his body is usually well displayed in the traditional chainmail bikini of his people's warriors. A few tattoos are visible. Around his upper left arm is a beautiful band of pink roses, and across his left arm is a design of happy cows being milked. On either of his buttcheeks is a complex dwarven rune. A tattoo on his lower back spells his clan lineage in swirling script. While his breasts are small, the 'armor' he was given makes it appear from a distance like it is filled, only up close is it possible to tell that he is a male (and even then it's hard to believe).

cuecrunch

I'd be up for playing a trappy wizard if you're still accepting members.

Chulanowa

You know, I'm torn between a trap and a female. Hmmm.I'm kinda liking hte "tribal" vibe we seem to be developing, either way  ;D

Sain

I switched the race to Aasimar. Felt too it would have been too edgy to have a human with that hair&eye color and Aasimar lama farming tribe just sounded more fun than a human one.

Argent Adonis

Okay guys.  Thanks for all the characters sent in by PM, and I think they look good.  So:

Kathyan - Yuan-ti Sorcerer
pdragon - Tiefling Monk
RedPhoenix - Human Barbarian
Sain - Aasimar Cleric

Chulanowa - (pending)
Izaya Orihara - Human Paladin or Catfolk/Tabaxi Wizard (potentially)
Wargtass - (pending)

Quote from: cuecrunch on April 20, 2017, 02:44:30 AMI'd be up for playing a trappy wizard if you're still accepting members.
Also, welcome to cuecrunch!  Feel free to throw up a character concept in thread.

Bibliophilia

Ooo!  I'd love to play a trap!  I have some nice images.

I'm using Ailduin from Buttsmithy for my art.  And, I'm thinking either Bard or Dex-based fighter, with a heavy Bard leaning, since we already have quite a bit of muscle.

Knarfy

Hmmm.. I am interested, but the party is already looking rather full :/
Godbound: Erry day I'm shillin' it
My O/O thread
Why isn't Knarfy posting? - probably because he is lazy
"The most iconic hentai is essentially Lovecraftian, in that it portrays sexual pleasure as beyond human comprehension, to which the only possible response is a descent into hedonistic madness." - Anonymous