News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Page Break...

Started by MagicalPen, January 13, 2012, 08:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MagicalPen

Two things, really.

First thing - how do you enter a page break? Aka eliminate text wrapping around an image, short of hitting 'enter' a gazillion times to create the space? I *KNOW* there is a command for it, I've used it before, I just don't know it off hand and nor does anyone I have asked.

Secondly, since I haven't seen a sticky on it, would it be possible to create a STICKY with all the tips and tricks for formatting a post on E? I think i remember a post about how to use Tables and Columns, but maybe a general thread with all the goodies in it would be VERY useful!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Beguile's Mistress

Posting an image without using the 'floatleft' or 'floatright' feature will keep the image on a line of it's own.  None of the text will appear beside the the image, only above and/or below.

To display an image to one side of the page with text beside it use the float codes in the preview menu of options.

A tutorial that helps with formatting a post on E might be something that can be done.  Thank you for the suggestion.

MagicalPen

Yes, I am familiar with the 'Float' commands (i use them everytime I post an image).

This is my issue:

I have a whole bunch of text here, but it doesn't end at the bottom of the image.

I want the text on this line to start below the image, no matter the screenresolution. Is the only way to do so hitting ENTER or entering the [ br ] command the only way to do it? the [ hr ]  adds the desired line, but starts it from the side of the image.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Avis habilis

Wrap the content you want at the bottom in [ clearboth ] & [/ clearboth ]. The result is:

I have a whole bunch of text here, but it doesn't end at the bottom of the image.

I want the text on this line to start below the image, no matter the screenresolution. Is the only way to do so hitting ENTER or entering the [ br ] command the only way to do it? the [ hr ]  adds the desired line, but starts it from the side of the image.[/clearboth]

Beguile's Mistress

MagicalPen

Thanks Avis!

I knew it was [ clear.... ] but couldn't figure it out.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Avis habilis

Glad to help. Although now I'm thinking maybe it's just [ clearboth ] & not the closing tag, because I see the [/clearboth] is visible at the end of that line.

You could probably also use clearleft to put stuff below anything that would appear to its left, & clearright for things on the right, but I haven't tried those yet.

MagicalPen

Yep, i just went with [ clearboth ] since I'd rather have a clear line across the board.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry