Wait, what... the new OO's are in the Public area?

Started by Captain Maltese, March 02, 2010, 05:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Maltese

I've been gone for four months, returning only a couple of days ago, and returning has been all good - until I stumbled over a thread in the bad/ugly area where it was said that the new oo's are open for public view? Is this correct? I mean, damnit, I am using this account name elsewhere on the net too and learning that it can theoretically be googled and have my whole sexual orientation thrown in the face of people I had no intention of sharing it with.... well, that SUCKS. I'm not going to argue for a change; just let me know it's wrong and I'll forget it, or confirm it and I'll delete that OO so fast it'll put a dent in my keyboard!

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Kip

Hey there Captain,

Welcome back!

The new O/Os are public if you choose to make them so.  When setting them up, there is a column of checkboxes on the left hand side.  One of them is 'Private' which is the default setting and means they are not available to be viewed by the general public.  If you change that option to Public by removing the check from that box then, yes, your O/Os will be public.  It is a choice for people to make.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~

Captain Maltese

Whew! That's a relief to hear. I did see the Private option but thought it meant that noone but me would be able to read it. Thanks for clarifying this!

And thank you for the welcome back :)

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Kip

Just to ease your mind - I see you've set it to Private now.

When I log out, I see - 'This user has set their profile to private. You need to be registered and approved in order to see their profile. '
When I log in as an unapproved member - I see the above message.

When I log in as myself, I see the word test with the list of your selections.

"You say good start, I say perfect ending. 
This world has no heart and mine is beyond mending."
~Jay Brannan~

"Am I an angel or a monster?  A hero or a villian? Why can't I see the difference?"
~Mohinder Suresh~