The Town of Elliquiy <Interest Check>

Started by NaughtyKitty, December 12, 2010, 08:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Haibane

Extreme isn't my thing and never really has been. If the game has extreme elements I'll bow out.

Josietta

Personally I'd like to live in an apartment building near the pub. As a waitress I'm not sure my single white female could afford much more, unless she had roommates in a house.   Any ideas on this? Comments?

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

NaughtyKitty

Ok....so here's a compromise for the location of the threads.  As mentioned, home base will be NC.  That's where we'll have the OOC and Character threads.  From there.....each individual house and business can establish their threads in any level they like.  Ie, if I want the Mayor's office to be in Light, the Haibane wants her home in NC, and Kate wants her home thread in Extreme.....that covers all of our bases.  A place for everything and everything in it's place. 

Then, I will establish a "Locations" thread in NC that will list everyone's home and business threads.  If they are outside of NC, there will be a notation like (L) for Light...(X) for Extreme. 

This way, we can all have what we want in the game and no one has to feel uncomfortable. If a home or business is in a category you don't want to go into.....then don't go there.

There's no reason for anyone to "bow out" because of content level.  The entire point of this game is that just like anyone can live anywhere they want....anyone can play in this game however they want. 

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: Josietta on December 16, 2010, 12:05:23 PM
Personally I'd like to live in an apartment building near the pub. As a waitress I'm not sure my single white female could afford much more, unless she had roommates in a house.   Any ideas on this? Comments?

I think Josi's apartment might be a very fun place to be!

NaughtyKitty

Ok people......we've got an OOC thread.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=92199.0

Let's move the conversation there!

Those that haven't....PM me your character sheets. And as you create your Homes or Business threads, send me the links for them so I can update the Locations Thread.

Josietta

You want us to create our own "home" place? I can do the apartment building if needs be.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

NaughtyKitty

Since you'll be the first resident of the apartment building, you can name the building/complex.  However, you only need to create a thread for your apartment.

Perhaps something like this:

The Town of Elliquiy:  Josi's Apartment

The inside the first post....something like "Elliquiy Arms Apartments - Apartment 3C"

Obviously we can come up with a better name for the building....but that's what I'm thinking.

Then...I'll add that link to the Locations thread under your characters name.  Sort of like a phone book.

NaughtyKitty

Haibane

The issue with allowing some extreme threads is that if the game reaches 1000 posts and gets its own Big Board, all of the game content will be moved to the highest rating, so the entire game becomes extreme-rated.

Given that this is an everyday city story I am struggling to see what extreme content would be involved. Extreme only covers such subjects as watersports, scat, bestiality, very graphic violence, vore, necrophilia and the like.

Perhaps the players who want an extreme rating could say what subjects they intend to include and we may find that what people actually want to do isn't extreme at all (a common thing on E these days it seems).

Kate

i role play in extreme often - and there isnt many posts that actually have anything extreme in them. Some do - 90 percent dont.

A "Light" thread in an extreme group I dont think will offend anyone - and most do look at people ons and offs before trying to involve them in anything.

Haibane

Quote from: Kate on December 17, 2010, 05:45:04 AM
there isnt many posts that actually have anything extreme in them.
This is my point. We don't need to go in extreme if we aren't writing about extreme themes. Therefore why do so?

Love And Submission

Because  if you write in extreme then you don't have any limits (within in the rules of elliquy) as to where you can go.I put alot of my rps in NC just because It might become NC. It's not that you're going to write in Extreme or NC , it's just that that might be were the story takes you.

Personally , When I start a roleplay I have an idea of where it's going to end up but I don't set it in stone. I adust for my partner wants.

Discord: SouthOfHeaven#3454

goalt

Hmm. Freeform slice of life sort of thing is... interesting. You still open to new blood?
So, hey. Back now, and ready to write. Woo!
O&O

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: goalt on December 17, 2010, 08:24:14 PM
Hmm. Freeform slice of life sort of thing is... interesting. You still open to new blood?

Most certainly!

All you need to do is create a character....send me the bio and then you're off to the races.  :)

goalt

Sweet. I'll get that to you in the morning! Need to figure out what sort of occupation to do...
O&O

NaughtyKitty

Hai......I would like you to participate in the game.  :)  I think it would only benefit from having you as part of it.  After reading Kate's bio, I can see why she would desire to be allowed to write in the Extreme Forum. 

I'm looking into the issue because if/when we get assigned a subforum, I don't think it would be the best idea to have the entire thing consigned to Extreme. 

But at the same time...I'm not sure that I want to limit people either. 

So...let me see what the Staff says.  :)

goalt

If it means anything, I'd rather stay away from Extreme m'self. Doesn't feel like it fits the game too well. >.>
O&O

Amelita

Since this is a game of many people, isn't it simplest to keep the limits to where most are comfortable? After all, it's easier writing in a setting which does not stretch as far as your limits than in one that exceeds them...

RP Etiquette ~ Tumblr ~ Mumbler
~ There is nothing to writing; all you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed ~
Ons & Offs ~ Post Tracker ~ Ladies in Red

NaughtyKitty

I'm talking with the staff.....and trying to sort out how to handle this with them.

However....If it's going to create an issue, I'm leaning towards cutting out the Extreme bits (animals, bathroom stuff....cannibalism - I draw the line at anything that far out there)

Kate

hey i think it may be easier if extreme was excluded - it is offensive to many - and we do have our own section for a reason.

This is a facinating idea  and i do wish it well. I think it sensible for me to pull out - but gosh guys enjoy it really is a facinating concept :)

The Golden Touch

-Ponders making a character-

It sounds perversely interesting. ^ ^

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

Cal1496

Just to make things clear, I fully intend to create the owner of the local pub and create a thread for it.  Advance notice it will be NC rather than extreme(sorry folks not my thing lol).

And though I do intend this, should anyone feel the need or want to do so before me go right ahead.  I am rather busy this weekend so if you get ahead no worries.

Either way, sorry to all for taking so long.  Holidays suck except the for Christmas morning...Or all those non Christian ones too.  Ya, I am that open minded lol

Cal

SinXAzgard21

I have a post on the first page about giving this game a shot, was just wondering if I was still able to throw up a character?

I would like to say that this is a game based on a town...  So what the people do in 'their' own home is none of anyone's business... If what goes on in your characters home is extreme then write 'contents of this thread are extreme' or 'read at your own risk' so that those not wanting to participate in the 'bad' acts do not get involved with them.  It is not the writers fault if they offend or cause uneasiness to others, they gave fair warning.

The other side of this is that, it is a living breathing 'town' you can't just say that people have a limit to what they are sexually into.  As far as you know your real neighbor could seem like a church going loon, but really love screwing goats.  That is all I really have to say on the matter. 
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

NaughtyKitty

Well...I'm still willing to let people construct their home threads where ever they so choose.  In fact, I've been encouraged to do just that....and worry about subforums later (when it's time for such things).  So, if people want to be extreme in their home threads....go for it. They will be labeled as such in the directory, which was the original plan.   For the rest of the players, if you're not into extreme....don't go into those people's houses. lol. 

Just remember....the concept here is that this is a medium sized town.  As SinXAzgard21 said....what people do in the privacy of their own homes is their own business.  The best part about this concept is that there is room for everyone....regardless of what kink level they're into.  Just remember that, as in real life....if you do something naughty in public, you're probably going to spend some time in the clink!   And if someone has a scene inside a business....just remember what section it's in and adhere to the rules. 

So basically....what I'm trying to say is that there is room in this town for everyone.  No one should feel like they have to "bow out" for whatever reason.  Just like you wouldn't bow out in real life.

Edit:  As I've been working on this and discussing it, I just want to remind people of something.  This is not a Role Playing game in the usual sense. There is no script, no plot arc.  What is being created is a background for us to play in.  Each of us creates our own plot arcs and story lines....as we do every day living our lives.  That is why we can't necessarily nail down which forum section this belongs in....because it can span any and all of them just as there are a myriad different people.  The town is a back drop.  What you do with your character is your business.

NaughtyKitty

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on December 17, 2010, 11:32:55 PM
I have a post on the first page about giving this game a shot, was just wondering if I was still able to throw up a character?

You are more than welcome to bring in a character.  Check out the main OCC thread for the character sheet: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=92199.0

Then PM me your profile when it's ready.  :)