Phillies win World Series!

Started by Apple of Eris, October 29, 2008, 10:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apple of Eris

The Philadelphia Phillies win the 2008 World Series!

All thanks to me of course!  ;D
Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Greenthorn

ryokothedemoness137

RubySlippers

The Philly's have an open air stadium in cold and inclimate weather thereby hurting any team that is not from the North and therefore cheat. How can you expect a team from anywhere in the warm South compete in that and call it fair.

CHEATS! CHEATS! THE PHILLIES ARE CHEATERS!!!!!! CHEATS! CHEATS!

The Rays would have won in a decent stadium!  >:(

Kalen

... Ruby, you never cease to amaze me.

Will

Seriously, taking home field advantage out of a sport would be blasphemous.  A better idea would be to have a shorter season, and the Series be earlier.
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

PhantomPistoleer

I'm glad it's over.

This has been a tense week as a St. Pete native/Democrat!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Apple of Eris

Bah! Your stupid Tampa dome crappy stadium is the cheater stadium!

Hard to see a ball leaving a pitchers hand because of the cappy back ground. Teams playin there had their ERAs drop more than a point on average!

If you really want to call us cheaters, you should be complaining about the Phanatic putting the pitching hex on the Ray's pitchers. Everyone knows the Phanatic has POWERS!

And HAHA! Now -three- different Florida mayors who bet Nutter (philly mayor) about the game outcome haveto send Florida foods to him. I think instead they should have to bow down and kiss the feet of the Phillies Phanatic!
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

PhantomPistoleer

::laughs::

It was a good game.

Geez.

;)
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

WyldRanger

*wordlessly points to his response in the World Series thread in the "off topic" section....and smiles*

Cherri Tart

yay phillies! my favoritest team ever!  umm... Philly what, though... i know it's not eagles - that's the soccer team, right?  well, it doesn't matter - i'm glad they won the baseball superbowl and i am SURE that they didn't cheat and i'm prepared to defent their reputation to the death! :D
you were never able to keep me breathing as the water rises up again

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Greenthorn

Quote from: Cherri Tart on October 31, 2008, 03:16:28 AM
yay phillies! my favoritest team ever!  umm... Philly what, though... i know it's not eagles - that's the soccer team, right?  well, it doesn't matter - i'm glad they won the baseball superbowl and i am SURE that they didn't cheat and i'm prepared to defent their reputation to the death! :D

*laughs*

Cherri you're such a lovable dork!!

*squeezes*

Cherri Tart

i don't mind being a dork as long as i'm lovable! :D

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Apple of Eris

*giggles*

How can you not love such a wonderful wife?

I'm going to get you a Philly Phanatic plush toy for christmas :)

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Trieste

Quote from: RubySlippers on October 30, 2008, 11:14:16 AM
The Philly's have an open air stadium in cold and inclimate weather thereby hurting any team that is not from the North and therefore cheat. How can you expect a team from anywhere in the warm South compete in that and call it fair.

CHEATS! CHEATS! THE PHILLIES ARE CHEATERS!!!!!! CHEATS! CHEATS!

The Rays would have won in a decent stadium!  >:(

*stares at Ruby* ... are you ... saying that the Phillies cheated ... by ... causing the weather? Or maybe building a field, um, outside where there is grass? Where the sport was historically played?

Please, please tell me you are being sarcastic or something, because that's just ridiculously not cool. If I remember right, the Rays won at Fenway, which is further north than PHL and also outside. Puh-lease.

Kalen

Quote from: Avarice on October 31, 2008, 11:34:23 PM
*stares at Ruby* ... are you ... saying that the Phillies cheated ... by ... causing the weather? Or maybe building a field, um, outside where there is grass? Where the sport was historically played?

Please, please tell me you are being sarcastic or something, because that's just ridiculously not cool. If I remember right, the Rays won at Fenway, which is further north than PHL and also outside. Puh-lease.

Might I also ask... is the weather in Philly SO bad that they had months to practice in these conditions?  *ponders this*  Um... no.

This isn't the NFL, Chicago vs Miami in January. 

Again... are you kidding me, or not?

Spookie Monster

Many congratulations to the Phillies and their fans.  I know that Philadelphians have been waiting twenty-five years for a championship.  I'm sure that it tastes sweet indeed!  I imagine that the Phanatic is still phreakin' out...

Many congratulations, too, to the Rays and their fans.  Although you didn't win this World Series, you did have a breakthrough season and you did earn the American League pennant.  Who knows what next season may bring?

Congratulations all around!

Spel
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

Inkidu

Quote from: Spel on November 01, 2008, 06:08:36 AM
Many congratulations to the Phillies and their fans.  I know that Philadelphians have been waiting twenty-five years for a championship.  I'm sure that it tastes sweet indeed!  I imagine that the Phanatic is still phreakin' out...

Many congratulations, too, to the Rays and their fans.  Although you didn't win this World Series, you did have a breakthrough season and you did earn the American League pennant.  Who knows what next season may bring?

Congratulations all around!

Spel
The Cubs have been waiting what? A hundred! Oh well if it wasn't meant to be and all.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Cherri Tart

Quote from: Generic Username on October 31, 2008, 04:43:39 PM
*giggles*

How can you not love such a wonderful wife?

I'm going to get you a Philly Phanatic plush toy for christmas :)

Does it vibrate? *grins* if so, i need two - either that or a lot of rechargable batteries!

O/O, Cherri Flavored

Spookie Monster

Quote from: Inkidu on November 01, 2008, 06:56:38 PMThe Cubs have been waiting what? A hundred! Oh well if it wasn't meant to be and all.

There's no doubt that the Cubs and their fans have been waiting for a while.  Heck, I myself would love to see the Cubs in the World Series; they're actually my second-favorite MLB team.  A Red Sox / Cubs World Series would be my ideal World Series, in fact; every year I hope for it.

That said, my point was that the people of Philadelphia, not specifically the Phillies, had been waiting a while for a professional championship.  As I mentioned elsewhere, Philadelphia hadn't won a championship in any of the four "major" sports since 1983 despite having the Phillies, the Eagles, the Flyers, and the 76ers.*  In contrast, the people of Chicago fared pretty well during that time.  The Bears won Super Bowl XX; the Bulls won the 1991 Finals, the 1992 Finals, the 1993 Finals, the 1996 Finals, the 1997 Finals, and the 1998 Finals; and, of course, the White Sox won the World Series in 2005.  I'll grant that the White Sox winning the World Series actually mocks the Cubs and their fans, but the White Sox are nonetheless a team from Chicago...

Anyhow... yeah.  Just wanted to clarify.  Once again, many congratulations to the Phillies and to the Rays.  Best of luck with next season!  (And best of luck to the Cubs, too!)

Spel

* Heck, these teams even made it to -- and lost -- championship games and series on seven occasions since the 76ers won the Championship in 1983.  The Phillies reached the World Series in 1983 and 1993; the Eagles reached Super Bowl XXXIX; the Flyers reached the Finals in the 1984-1985 season, the 1986-1987 season, and the 1996-1997 season; the 76ers reached the 2001 Finals.

Who praised their efforts to be free?
Like Elliquiy?
My ONs and OFFs
~ R.I.P., Cam ~ ~ R.I.P., Judi ~ ~ R.I.P., Steph ~

MagicalPen

I love how this World Series was the least watched/worst ratings World Series to date. I don't think anyone outside of Tampa or parts of Philadelphia watched the games >.<

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Apple of Eris

Being on the east coast, had the games not involved a team from my hometown I wouldn't have watched. They started at like 8:45 and didn't end till well past midnight in most cases. It was freaking ridiculous! Baseball needs to wise up and start their games earlier in the day and in the year. Stretching things out to make an extra buck is killing the sport.

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking