Mobsters of Port Temperance (Day Three)

Started by Avi, June 27, 2009, 05:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madalina

Owning a pie shop just screams connections with the mob! Hadn’t anyone seen cartoons? They always slip tools and weapons to the prisoners inside of pies and cakes. She quickly scribbled LadySky for her vote, then went home to eat a slice of pumpkin pie.

Eliza

Eliza had finished up another work day making scrumptious pizza pie for the older patrons. Remembering to leave her apron in the kitchen, something she forgot to do when she worked in the parlor earlier in the year. She heard that Aiden was voted for mayor and he was approving the use of the county prison's new electric chair. She wasn't one to support the death penalty, but whoever killed Teno in the manner that he died deserved to die.

Heading to the local watering hole for some cool non-alcohol beverages, she was met with wandering eyes in the club. The same tension Eliza felt the previous night, before Teno was murdered, lingered in the building. She witnessed a confrontation between LadySky and Saku and after hearing that they voted for the other, she knew that the tension was influencing the townspeople. Approaching the box, she wrote Saku on a voting card and slipped it into the box. She deduced that if LadySky discovered the corpse of Teno with the new Mayor Aiden, she wouldn't have a hand in it.

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 3 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody)
Saku: 2 (LadySky, Eliza)

Not yet voted: Tad, Marguerite, Aiden, MusicNeverDies, Greenthorn, Josietta

((If the margin stays fairly close, I will not immediately close voting upon receiving all votes, instead giving those involved a chance to defend themselves and for voters to change their mind.))
Your reality doesn't apply to me...

Josietta

Josi had heard about the murder and found out that the mob was definitely in town. It disheartened her a bit to know that her small hometown was not safe any longer. She watched those who came and went noting what each did to see if they were acting guilty or not. A pie maker? What was this Sweeney Todd?  She chewed at her lip and wrote down a name of one she didn't know, it was always those unknowns.  Eliza

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Tad

Something about Rhapsody just doesn't feel right to Tad.  As stealthily as possible, she writes down the girl's name and drops it into the pot...
In the process of moving, so posts may be slow
Need an idea?        Ons and Offs

Greenthorn

MusicNeverDies is such a mob name!  Music was probably the dude they found wearing cement legs in the river!

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 3 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody)
MusicNeverDies: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Tad)
Eliza: 1 (Josietta)

Not yet voted: Marguerite, Aiden, MusicNeverDies

Marguerite

Thinking carefully, she put Ladysky as a potential mobster. The woman had gams to try and warn people she was one before she whacked them and threw them in the river.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

MusicNeverDies

Passing a look at Greenthorn, Music scribbled down LadySky and tossed it in, looking slightly offended.

Avi

Execution Votes

LadySky: 5 (Saku, Madalina, Rhapsody, Marguerite, MusicNeverDies)
MusicNeverDies: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Tad)

Not yet voted: Aiden

LadySky

No No No No! I am just a simple pie maker! You are so making a mistake! *offers pie to all who want to kill her*

I really, really am just a humble citizen....
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Avi

((The Dead Man's Club is now up and running.  It can be found here:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=40726.0 ))

Aiden

Aiden knew that Lady Sky's fate had been decided by the people, at this point he did not know who to trust but he always enjoyed a slice of pie at her shop. Biting his lip as he saw as they condemned her to death, wondering if she really was a front for the mobsters. No matter what, she was a part of the town and he went to console her in her final moments.
"I am sorry Lady Sky...but I must do what is best for the town..."

LadySky

LadySky sat down on the floor and simply wept. I really am not a bad person guys! Your gonna feel bad about this!

Looking at Aiden she sticks out her tongue at his betrayal! She always gave him free pie, how could he do this to her!?
I dreamed a dreamed, life has killed the dream I dreamed. So....I dream a NEW DREAM!!! never let them see you cry.

Avi

((Okay then... since no one seems inclined to change their minds...))

With a total vote tally of more than half the town, it is quite obvious whom the citizens have chosen to die in exchange for Teno's murder.  The executioner comes forward to lead LadySky away, who seems resigned to her fate and takes it in stoic silence.  A few minutes later, the executioner returns, shaking his head sadly.  There was no evidence on LadySky's body of any sort of secret.  Indeed, it seems that she was an innocent Citizen.

Two Citizens dead, and no Mobsters to show for it.  Not a good start for the people of Port Temperance.

Port Temperance.  Population: 10. (7 Citizens, 3 Mobsters. 1 P.I., 1 Vigilante, 1 Doctor, 1 Bodyguard)

((Alrighty, it is now Night 2!  I will need PMs from the Bodyguard and the Mobsters (The Vigilante and the P.I. have already come forward to tell me what they wish to do.)  The sooner I get those, the sooner we find out what happens next!))

Avi

The next morning, the sun rises into a clear blue sky, shining cheerily as the new day dawns.  As the citizens come out from their homes and gather in the town center, it is soon apparent that yet another member of the population has gone missing.  Tad has not shown up this morning, and no one has seen her.

Fearing the worse, Aiden dispatches search groups for the missing Citizen, and soon enough, the truth comes out.  Rhapsody and Marguerite find Tad's body lying on the floor of her house, two clean bullet wounds in her chest.  It appears that she put up a considerable fight, and both a baseball bat and brass knuckles lie beside her body.  It seems that she was the town Bodyguard, but she had not been able to protect herself and had fallen victim to the mobsters.

Aiden and Eliza help to take Tad's body to the morgue, and then, after calling the townsfolk together, Aiden declares that they must find the mobsters before it is too late, before more people have to die in such a violent way.

Port Temperance.  Population: 9 (3 Mobsters, 6 Citizens, 1 Doctor, 1 Vigilante, 1 P.I.)

Josietta

((Can we get a list of who is left? as in players?))

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Avi

((Oh, of course.  Sorry.))

Marguerite
MusicNeverDies
Saku
Josietta
Rhapsody
Eliza
Madalina
Greenthorn
Aiden

Rhapsody

Shaken to the core by the horrific sight of Tad's body, Rhapsody does not open her dress shop that morning. Instead, she wanders about town square, pale and thoughtful.  Two innocents, gone in the span of a day.  Perhaps LadySky had been on to something about Saku after all.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Saku

The fact that Tad was found with two bullet holes in her chest made Saku cry for she had liked the girl, the poor thing hadn't had a chance to shine yet and now she never would. Why were the Mobsters so cruel?

Saku was shocked that Rhapsody would think she had anything to do with LadySky's unfortunate death. For she would not have voted for LadySky had LadySky not voted against her, since Saku was innocent of being a Mobster. Naturally since someone had voted that she be put to death - and Saku was innocent of the charges - she assumed that LadySky would be a Mobster.

It was sad that she was not but she might very well have been. Take a look at everyone who had sided with her and yet Rhapsody was not pointing fingers at them. They were just as likely to have had a hand in it! So as before, since someone had pointed a finger at Saku and blamed her for being a Mobster, Saku pointed a finger back at the accuser and voted for Rhapsody to return the favor.

Hopefully Rhapsody would not be innocent or else she would feel quite depressed. It was only a matter of time before more information started coming out about Rhapsody or the others and then she would find out where the truth lay.
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Greenthorn

Josietta

Josi wakes for work the next day, hearing about the murder she frowns and sips her cup of coffee. Contemplating who could have been part of this mob she dresses for work and makes her way down to the small diner. She watches the early morning risers who come out and stops wondering if maybe Eliza isn't one of those mobsters. The daughters of religious officials were always bad news.

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Eliza

The sight of red made Eliza even more queasy, since she was used to seeing red tomato sauce on pizza. But to see Tad's limp corpse with her entry wounds made her day worse. After seeing Eliza throw up in the kitchen, her uncle sent her on a day off.

The morning air was refreshing to Eliza's body and made her forget of ever finding Tad's body in the most recent position it has been in. Though the air of Port Temperance was refreshing, the tension in the whole town was caused by the discovering of Tad's murder. Eliza heard of voting for Tad's murderer to be sent to the infamous electric chair, and though she didn't support the gruesome penalty for murder, she knew somebody had to pay for Tad's shortened life. And judging by how the corpse lay, two through-and-throughs to the chest, whoever killed Tad, killed her in cold blood.

Thinking of her vote last time, she had voted Saku for the electric chair. Now, Eliza's vote for Saku had grown more definite since LadySky's execution led everyone to believe that they had killed a innocent civilian. She wrote Saku's name on the ballot and inserted it into the ballot box.

Avi

Execution Votes

Saku: 2 (Rhapsody, Eliza)
Aiden: 1 (Greenthorn)
Rhapsody: 1 (Saku)

Not yet voted:  Marguerite, MusicNeverDies, Aiden, Madalina

Saku

Saku listens to what Josietta says and thinks about it. She did have a point. The daughters of religious officials usually were bad news in many different ways. Perhaps the daughter decided that she didn't want to listen to her strict father anymore and lashed out. So she changed her vote from Rhapsody to Eliza
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests